Author Topic: I'm back and the boys are back from the cattery!  (Read 2962 times)

Online Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
Re: I'm back and the boys are back from the cattery!
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2006, 12:31:13 PM »
Aww, am glad that things went well for them in the cattery.
Please spay your cat

Offline Susieh

• Adult Cat
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2006, 14:45:11 PM »
It is interesting that the normal hierarchy goes out of the window when they are in an unknown environment.  The same thing happened to my 3 when I took them to my parent's house last Christmas.  Normally Maddy is a bit bullied by Freddy and also submits to Paddy but the boys were extra nice to her and too busy worrying about themselves to jump on her head and steal her food  ;D

My 3 do actually get on pretty well but don't really get that close to each other and I can count on one hand the number of times I have seen them cuddled up together.  Yet when they are stressed by anything then they run to each other and don't annoy each other at all - silly things.

Online Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2006, 14:25:30 PM »
Magpie used to give me the cold shoulder a little bit when he came back from the cattery but I've always found that their main response was to be a bit clingier than usual for a few days.  Jaffa has been following me around this morning and settling down to sleep close by me.  Mosi seems quite settled.  I'm at work this afternoon :( so have had to leave them for a few hours much to Jaffa's disgust! 

We had pet presents last night (the ones they didn't take to the cattery with them) so they had a bit of fun playing with toys and sniffing the treats.  They'll forgive me - after all, I am the supplier of treats and it's not in their best interests to bite the hand that feeds!

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2006, 14:15:09 PM »
Im glad it went so well. I collected Mogs and Amber this morning so they're home now as well and like yours are a bit clingy and Amber is being rather vocal which isnt normal but Im sure when I sit down for long enough and cuddle her she'll come round or maybe she just wants the 2 stockings my parents brought for them and which I havent had chance to open yet  ;)
love
Tab

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2006, 11:43:06 AM »
Neither of them are sulking but both are being extra clingy this morning, and Mosi has been a bit whiny.  They know they don't have to sulk to get extra treats and cuddles - my guilty conscience is enough! 

Magpie used to get very territorial in the cattery (he was a big softy at home) and would hiss at the other cats which freaked Jaffa out as he thought he was being hissed at.  I'm glad Mosi was there to look out for his big bro this time (although now they're home Jaffa has been sititing on Mosi a lot to re-assert his authority!).  it will also save mummy having to pay for 2 pens in future which is a good thing!

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2006, 09:28:37 AM »
Aw, that's brilliant  :hug:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2006, 07:32:58 AM »
Aw bless!  Welcome back and well done Jaffa and Mosi on this new development.

:catluv:

Offline ajay

• Adult Cat
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2006, 06:44:48 AM »
That,s a lovely story....sounds like you,ve got a great cattery there! :Luv: x j

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2006, 01:31:41 AM »
Well thats a relief, so nice they got on together too..........maybe they were sharing the strain  ;D

Offline Linda (Bengalbabe)

• Hero Cat
  • Gayzette Minerva
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2006, 23:31:35 PM »
Glad to hear the boys are doing well Susanne and that you have the added bonus of them bonding.  Bet you are glad to be home though.  :)
Did your christmas go well?

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2006, 22:20:22 PM »
Sounds like the boys almost enjoyed themselves! Are they sulking at all in order to get extra cuddles and treats, if not they've missed a trick!

It's strange how being in a cattery affects different cats.  Tiggy's brother, Benji, was the most affectionate, brave, people loving cat ever made but when he was in the cattery he would hide at the back and hiss.  Tiggy has always been the shyer of the two but she became a little flirt at the cattery!

Offline Ann Clarke (Tabby cat)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Dylan 1999 (approx) - 26/12/09. Love you forever.
    • Gateshead CP
  • Slave to: Hobbes and Luna
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2006, 22:12:31 PM »
So pleased it all went well, you won't worry so much next time (actually that's a lie cos I always worry  :rofl: ) They seem to have forgiven you too  :evillaugh:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
I'm back and the boys are back from the cattery!
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2006, 21:49:55 PM »
I'm home and reunited with my boys!  ;D

As you may recall, I was a bit unsure as to how they'd get on together at the cattery so booked a double and a single pen - the idea being that they could be put together for some of the time but separated at other times so that poor Jaffa wouldn't have to put up Manic Mosi jumping on top of him when he's already feeling stressed.  Got there today to pick them up to be told they've been inseparable!  They were put in together for a couple of hours at a time to begin with but from xmas day onwards have been together 24/7.  Apparently they've been cuddled up together and Jaffa really came out of his shell when Mosi was around.  Normally he's very shy and it takes a while before he'll allow the staff to stroke him but this morning he started purring when one of the girls went to stroke him.  He seems to have been more relaxed when Mosi was around and they've really bonded.  Right now they're curled up together sharing a small hammock!  I'm so pleased  that they've both been ok, and that not only can they go in together in future but Jaffa is actually better when Mosi is there.  I think Mosi's had a great time sucking up to everyone who came to fuss him  ;)

So there you have it - if you have cats that don't get on just put them in the cattery together!  ;D  Not that they didn't get on beforehand, but it's really seems to have been a bonding experience for them.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2006, 21:50:44 PM by Susanne (urbantigers) »

Link to CatChat