Author Topic: What's all the fuss about Mum!?!  (Read 4782 times)

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
Re: What's all the fuss about Mum!?!
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2007, 16:30:21 PM »
Madam has been fairly precious this week. Her maiow is now louder than ever and she is not shy about letting me know when she wants attention!!!

:rofl:

I am home sick today, bloomin cold I've had is now worse, not helped by the New Years Eve venture to the top of Parliament Hill on Sunday to see the fire works!  And Lexy is loving it....Mummy is home with her.  And she's being so cute too.....lay on my lap all afternoon and decided she just had to have a wash on top of me....and of course this means I'm not allowed to move or I get a filthy look...

:evillaugh:   I do love her really!

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2006, 12:05:05 PM »
Am glad that she did so well while you were away.
Please spay your cat

Offline Linda (Bengalbabe)

• Hero Cat
  • Gayzette Minerva
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2006, 14:30:24 PM »
mmm, difficulty with going down the bengal route is one is never enough  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Glad the nightie is working  :rofl:

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2006, 11:44:20 AM »
Ha ha!  Keep up the good work - it sounds like you're winning!  Of course you need a Somali to add to the mix too...  ;)

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2006, 11:09:00 AM »
Linda just saw your thread about the Boys's first Xmas......Lynn I hate to say it but now my mind  is telling me I also want a Bengal as well as a curly wurly!!!!  Oh dear!!!  :omg: :oh noo: :oh noo: :oh noo: :oh noo:

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2006, 07:35:09 AM »
He he...OH read over my shoulder last night....his words:  "are you lot ganging up on me?!"  Of course I played innocent and said I would NEVER try to sneak another furbabe in that way...would I?  Me thinks he didn't believe me...BUT didn't seem too perturbed by it!  All he said is: we'll see!   

Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!   Me thinks the nightie did the trick then!  :rofl: :rofl:

• Hero Cat
  • Gayzette Minerva
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2006, 18:40:18 PM »
Ok Lynn - we need to get down to some serious business here.  We (Kitty) needs your best Cody pics and stories to persuade OH.  No pressure  :rofl:

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2006, 16:45:49 PM »
You Sneaky Ladies!!! Lynn.....I tried that...and you know what I got.....if you want one lets have one!!!  NO WAY JOSE!!!!!! :rofl: :rofl:

He knows me too well....now Linda...that does appeal to me.....I showed him Cody pics especially the one of him waving in the push chair, and the one of him in the washing machine....he just blinked and said...yeah whatever... :censored:

I swear I need some tactics....poor Lexy needs a little play mate now that she's getting so confident...and the house goes on the market in the next two weeks...!!!!  I keep telling OH that he needs to have a baby to call his own but he won't hear anything about it!  :censored:

• Hero Cat
  • Gayzette Minerva
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2006, 16:14:40 PM »
If its a Laperm you are after how about showing him lots of Cody pics and tell him all Lynn's stories???  I would not just bring one home either, got to be more tactical than that!!!  I was told no more after my first but kept taking him over to my friends house who breeds bengals and basically I wore him down by speaking about nothing else!!!  
I caught him last night too, snuggling with Nova on my bed and speaking 'baby talk' to her.  Its so cute, he's a big lad at 6ft 4 and Nova's only about 1.5 times the size of his hand at the moment  :rofl:  He also LOVES the boys.
Don't admit defeat, just keep at it LOL

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2006, 16:10:26 PM »
tell him you are thinking of breeding yourself  :rofl:  but a kitten would put the broody feelings off for a few years .. !!

or let him get something he really wants as a comprimise.

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2006, 15:48:30 PM »
How do you get around "No No NO - and don't even think about just bringing one home....you will be sorry if you do?"  :rofl:

• Hero Cat
  • Gayzette Minerva
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2006, 15:29:25 PM »
If you want any hints and tips Kitty let me know, I've managed to talk OH into 4 bengal kittens this year alone!!!  Reckon thats my lot though!!!

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2006, 15:22:59 PM »
I'm still working on the OH Lynn.....seems to be taking a while!!!!  :rofl:

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2006, 15:20:18 PM »
see you dont give lexy enough credit for her new confident streak kitty...just think how much fun she'd have bossing a curly wurly furbabe around  :rofl: :rofl:

• Hero Cat
  • Gayzette Minerva
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2006, 14:51:13 PM »
We missed you too Kitty!!!  Glad to hear Lexy is ok and home now.  Just think, no more worrying about her when you have any future holidays - bliss :)

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2006, 13:16:44 PM »
I missed you lot more than anything !!  :evillaugh:

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2006, 13:05:21 PM »
OOOO better keep an eye on Lexy then ya sis might learn the art of catnappin  ;)

Sounds like she was well pampered at ya Sis's. It great to know ya babes are looked after well and are happy when you go away for a break.  ;D

Great to have ya back Kitty  :)

ccmacey

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2006, 12:59:31 PM »
Thats great Kittybabe, I bought my cats a lazer for xmas and they love it, hours of fun. :)

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2006, 12:59:19 PM »
I wish Sam.  But no...my sister realised that the commitment is like that of children and she doesn't have the lifestyle to do it. She couldn't do that to a furbabe and a I respect that.

But it does mean that my baby gets a personal sitter whenever is needed and who better than someone who loves her as much as I do....I mean Lexy has been called (I heard it with my own ears!) in the last few days:

Muchkin, Kitted, Pumpkin, Fluffball, Curly Baby and Lexy Baby.

AND the little one got a text yesterday saying she was missed!  Hmf!

Almost jealous...!

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2006, 12:32:57 PM »
Woo Hoo ... so glad she was OK and settled OKL with your sister.  Does this mean your sister is now considering getting a furbabe of her own?
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
What's all the fuss about Mum!?!
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2006, 08:07:11 AM »
 :wow:

Hello all:

Well this is my first week back after our holiday. As some of you know I left Madam Lexy with my sister for the week, with everything including the kitchen sink! My sister did laugh when she saw the amount of "stuff" these babes need!

Well it looks like I worried for nothing. I was imagining Lexy was going to withdraw into herself again and all my hard work the last 8 months will have been reversed considering how timid she is around strangers and new places.

Not a chance!  Apart from the first day when she was quiet and didn't want to eat, Madam essentially took over her aunty's house.  I got pictures of her chasing her laser pointer (Lexy does love that red bug), of her sitting on the back of the leather sofa (my sister caved it seems) and of madam generally taking over.  She was even allowed to sleep on the bed and my sister discovered the joys of a cat wanting to sit and get into the smallest place possible ontop of the bed...ie....between your face, the pillow and the headboard....!  :rofl: and all at 2am!  :evillaugh:

Lexy chatted endlessly to my sister for the week, which I thought was only reserved for us!

We got back day before Xmas Eve, and I spent Xmas Eve at my sister's.....I was kinda chuffed though as I got told that Lexy wouldn't sleep on my sister's lap at all....but she did for me...and she was so happy to see me, all purry and cuddly (for once!) and wanting to be near me wilingly which is really unheard of with Lexy....as some of you know, she's still pretty timid when it comes to getting too close to her, unless its on her terms and she initiates it.  She let me pick her up  :'( and hold her for a whole minute!  Usually I'm lucky to get 5 seconds!

The ride home was quiet (surprise surprise), and once she got home, she pounded out of her carrier, investigated every possible corner of the house to make sure it was just as she left it!  And since it was, went to bed and slept for 5 hours solid!

I did miss my ragamuffin, I really did....and it seems she missed me.....well a little!!! 

Anyway, just thought I'd share! I'm happy and relieved my baby is still on track and didn't revert to her old self :catluv:

Oh and Iain if you're reading...underwear was not needed!    ;)

Link to CatChat