Author Topic: SNOW .... :)  (Read 1948 times)

Offline Lindsey (thefunkyinuit)

• Senior Cat
Re: SNOW .... :)
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2010, 12:30:32 PM »
Lacie hasn't been out in a couple of months (shes not interested in going out in the cold! & only went out supervised since june due to her health) But she trotted downstairs last night after a snooze on the bed, I had just got in so was still in my coat and wellies, I wanted her to see the snow so took her outside......I put her on a deep patch of snow, she stood there looking confused for a minute, turned around, ate a bit of snow, shook off her paws and ran to the front door.....shes such a wuss!  :evillaugh: hehe!

My mum's cat Yookee is LOVING playing in the snow, he keeps diving in it head first, he came in covered in it!  :rofl:

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2010, 12:11:33 PM »
It was a rug. Willow kept peeing on it so I gave up trying to shampoo it. I realised it would help to keep the heat out in the summer, but sure it works just as well keeping the cold out. I'm sure it has gone solid  :evillaugh: - it even grows mushrooms  :evillaugh:

It isn't real wool - it was only a cheapy one from an indian shop. The good thing is it was really soft so moulded around the roof easily. The shelter is the small dog kennel (Mr Snugs) as I thought the cat ones were a bit small for kylie. She can spread out in there  :Luv2:

It was definitely worth paying the extra £10 for the extra space. I think these kennels are indestructible  :) - they come in different colours as well - this eBay seller is the manufacturer so probably the best price. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Rotationally-Moulded-Plastic-Snugs-Dog-Kennel-small-/140476583603?pt=UK_Pet_Supplies_Dogs&hash=item20b50e8eb3
They also make kayaks so must be made to a high spec. (a huge bonus that they aren't made in China  ;) )
« Last Edit: December 03, 2010, 08:43:20 AM by Mark »
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2010, 12:04:03 PM »
what is that you have put over the outside kennel, Mark?

some form of insulation, I guess, but it looks like a doormat, or similar - does it work?
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2010, 11:53:36 AM »
Alice decided to admire the view from her 25o viewing room  :Luv2:

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2010, 10:35:18 AM »
Lovely photos Mark!  :Luv:

Ember is an intrepid explorer - has been since I first met her. She thoroughly enjoyed pulling over (and eventually killing) my bathroom plant in her attempt to check out what was in the plant pot. ;)

Darwin and Astryd have both been out today and Darwin was digging in the snow like a dog. Sage, however is sensible and has clearly decided not to bother.  :evillaugh:

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Cooper & Peanut

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2010, 10:34:53 AM »
Peanut L O V E S  the snow! She's been out romping in it - even when its really thick! She goes out the catflap black and white....comes back in pure white!  :evillaugh:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2010, 10:11:56 AM »
OH took a couple of snaps with the blackberry when Kylie was outside  :Luv2:

Offline Elanor3

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Indie, Ember, Fig
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2010, 09:49:07 AM »
Ember went out in the snow yesterday  :Luv: she was playing with snow balls and loved it  :Luv: Indie came out for a min then went back in  :rofl: Fig would even come to the door  :Luv2:

will try and post video of it later  ;D

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2010, 10:42:56 AM »
"Squonk" is investigating the drain....it's one of his favourite pasttimes :sick: and it was clearly more interesting with snow in it. :evillaugh:

I think that sums up their personalities - elegant and majestic, and rather cheeky and entirely not bothered about peoples opinions... ;)

Offline Ellen2010

• Distinguished Cat
  • Sophie 9/93 - 3/10/11 Play hard my little angel
  • Slave to: Timmy, Baby, Danita, Tia, Miffy and Domino
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2010, 09:32:35 AM »
At the moment here if the cats went out in the snow they would be gone from view it is so deep here but my dogs love it and they are nearly disappearing as well so no photos there either.

Basically the cats have no chance of getting out and the dogs are only out long enough to do their business then in although the border collie would stay out there all day if she had her way  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: and border collie's are meant to be intelligent, think my girl was at the end of queue for brains  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
It is better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all

Offline Elanor3

• Adult Cat
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2010, 02:18:01 AM »
Borderreiver  :Luv: think i am in love with Merlin  :Luv: soooo beautiful!!!

Squonk would never ambush Astryd  :shify: honest *cough, cough*  ;) love the pics BTW :Luv2: Although have to ask, what is he doing? Astryd looks majestic walking leisurely in the snow whilst Darwin shows everyone his bottom  :rofl: love it  :hug:

Offline Borderreiver

• Adult Cat
    • Westgate Labs
  • Slave to: Merlin and Malachi
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2010, 16:31:59 PM »
Here's Merlin braving the snow:

and later, where they would rather be:

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2010, 08:56:19 AM »
Ah ha! Snow days....(There is another one of Darwin waiting to ambush Astryd but it's disappeared! :doh:)
« Last Edit: November 30, 2010, 08:58:37 AM by JackSpratt »

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2010, 07:14:11 AM »
Smidgen loves it - as you can see from this pic taken two winters back when we lived in England ... But if it was windy and snowy he preferred to lurk in the dog's kennel ... The dog had to stay outside ....

Offline Elanor3

• Adult Cat
SNOW .... :)
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2010, 03:30:32 AM »
I am at work and it is snowing  ;D (love the snow BTW) so just thought I would start a thread to see is any body has a cat who enjoys the snow as much as I do.  I let mine out in last year (on their harness') but I dont think they reckon'd much to it  :Luv2:

Link to CatChat