Author Topic: advice needed please, sensitive possible rehoming of older cats-bishop norton, lincolnshire  (Read 1653 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
 :thanks: and yes thats exactly the right thing to do  :hug:

Offline kel1982

• Adult Cat
sorry, shes in bishop norton, not far from hemswell cliff in lincolnshire. again i am not posting her details on the forum though but i will forward her phone numbers to anybody who may be able to help through private message.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: advice needed please, sensitive possible rehoming of older cats
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2011, 20:19:11 PM »
We need an area in the title please.

Put it in first post and the last post, if not your just do a new last post

Offline kel1982

• Adult Cat
Hi, i have an issue which im not sure what to do about. I was talking to a work collegue about the little ginger and white kitten we have decided to try and keep that i had initially put up for rehoming as we were a stop gap for my dad, and she then told me she is being evicted from her home of 20+ years after her friend she lived with went into a care home, and she has 4 cats who she cant take with her as she is moving out. Now, this lady is 57 years old and, for the need of a more politically correct way to put it, shes not 100% with it,she is also broke and cant afford to keep herself properly, let alone her cats aswell, she has said this herself. wow i really hope she never sees this post as this sounds awful! ive told her i would ask around on this forum for help to find her cats new homes, which she is happy for me to do. i have her home phone number and her mobile number which i asked if i could pass on should a rescue be able to help, i wont post them on here but i will PM them to anyone who can ring her to talk this over about her cats and what she can do. just a few points to take into consideration-
she is quite a nervous person, and is worried her cats wont go to good homes.

she is quite difficult to talk to and get much sense out of, she repeats herself a lot, but she would do anything to help anyone and im wanting to try and help her out however i can.

there are 4 cats, 3 neutered females and 1 male who is still intact. 2 of them, Liquorice and Cooking Fat, need to go together, they are sisters and she wont let them go alone. The other 2 can go singularly, Fluffy and Tiger, and one of them is long haired but i have no idea if she manages to groom it but i doubt it as she says its fur falls out a lot and something about her hoping it will grow back, but i may have just misunderstood what she said. All 4 cats are quite an age, i think its Tiger who it the eldest and shes expecially sensitive to this one finding a quiet home.

they are friendly cats, though judging by the owners clenliness, im not sure what state her cats are in. im not trying to be mean,just stating the facts, these cats could be in a very unclean, matted mess. i have not met them so i cant say one way or the other.

ideally she needs them to go altogther to a rescue, and then to get the vet check i would assume they need and to be rehomed from there.

none are dog friendly from what shes said, they have never lived with any other pets, just other cats and havent been around young children either.

I dont know what i can do to help her, she has no transport so the cats will need picking up from her home in bishop norton in lincolnshire. I could possibly collect them from her and bring them to a rescue or to a meeting place for a cat train but im not sure how many cat carriers she has so ideally the rescue would collect directly from her.

she is struggling to look after herself, and has no money so the sooner these cats find rescue/new homes the better. all 4 are outdoor cats, they have used litter trays in the past but they come and go as they please for toileting etc.

any advice welcome, and if anyone can help, even if to ring her and see what she would rather do, please PM me and i can forward her details.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 20:38:44 PM by kel1982 »

Link to CatChat