Author Topic: Cat Wee  (Read 2318 times)

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
Re: Cat Wee
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2011, 22:00:59 PM »
I may have missed this part of the thread, apologies if so, but if the smell is just around the door, it might be neighbourhood males spraying up the outside of the doors, which is leaching through to the inside.

Suggest use the RX66 ( I can recommend) on the outside of the doors/step area then wash down the path around the door with a standard path cleaner.

Is it long since your kitten was spayed? She might be the cause of the scenting if not the source. Females exude their feramones for weeks after neutering so expect this to get much better once this period is over.

Once you know this is the case you can act to temporarily barricade the marking by taping some cardboard flaps to the outside bottom of the doors, these can help deflect the wee from seeping down the gaps and into your home. Spray with a little fabric waterproofer to make them last a little longer.

Oooh and  :welcome: to Purrs!

Offline faye at pawprints

• Cat Rescue
  • Adult Cat
  • lovely big edward
    • pawprints animal rescue
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2011, 21:37:26 PM »
thankyou, sounds good! will try some  :)

(photo is of weeny cookie - she's a lovely grown up girl now).
faye @ pawprints animal rescue
www.pawprintsanimalrescue.co.uk

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2011, 17:23:20 PM »
I would be worried that if the smell has been there for a while that it's soaked right through to the underlay/floorboards so may be more difficult to eradicate.

What product was it that you've ordered from ebay? I have had good results with RX66 but you may need to pull the carpet up so you can treat the underlay/floorbaords though.

hiya, not been on for a while (by the time i have cared for animals and sorted emails, website, ebay fundraising and 3 facebook pages i have little time for forums which is pants! anyway - - - what is RX66???  :)

RX66 is an enzyme based urine/vomit/faeces cleaner! It's made by a company that makes stuff for hospitals and morgues so is not something you'd find in Pets at Home. I bought mine from liviningiseasy.co.uk - it was the cheapest place including p&p for this size. If you get on with it and but a larger bottle then it was cheaper to buy direct from the manufacturer.

http://www.livingiseasy.co.uk/products/cat5/cat763/cat766/XERIA_RX66HS_BIO_ENZYMATIC_STAINING,_FOULING_AND_FOUL_ODOUR_DIGESTER_SPRAY_PLUS_HIGH_PERFORMANCE_AIRX_ODOUR_ELIMINATION_TECHNOLOGY._NATURES_MIRACLE._Seeks_out_and_eliminates__surface_and_sub_surface_fouling,_foul_odours_and_stains._500ml/index.html

This size comes in a spray bottle but it's handy to have another small spray bottle as initially you clean the area with a 1 part RX66/10 part water solution so I have a small spray bottle to mix up a teeny amount of solution in. Once you've cleaned the area you then spray full strength RX66 on it and cover in plastic to stop it drying. After a few hours you rinse/blot with water and hey presto - the smell is gone  ;D

My cats have only ever had accidents when they're poorly but one day Lu chucked up on my bedroom floor, he then did a mahoosive wee there and then on the carpet before diaorrhea started tumbling out of him as he ran away. RX66 clared up the lot and no smell is left  ;D

• Cat Rescue
  • Adult Cat
  • lovely big edward
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2011, 11:02:50 AM »
hi liz,

where do you buy it from, i'm wondering where is cheapest? i have just googled it, hadn't heard of it before,

faye and the furries x

Online Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2011, 10:32:28 AM »
Not sure what you lot mean about a large family :rofl:

We use RX 66 and have no problems with it as we still have a couple of unneutered feral boys popping in for visits won't go in the traps though

We have 30 litter trays and they are open 24/7 and we have a couple outside in the winter in the garage for the outside ferals when it snows so ours always have access to them, you could try putting a litter tray there for a while to see if that helps after cleaning up to

:welcome: to Purrs I am the Clan cats Mother an awful lot of them lifes waifs and strays and their pets our 2 Adult Border Collies Sky and Sunny and the puppy Master Mistral or Mist No!
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

• Cat Rescue
  • Adult Cat
  • lovely big edward
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2011, 22:27:04 PM »
I would be worried that if the smell has been there for a while that it's soaked right through to the underlay/floorboards so may be more difficult to eradicate.

What product was it that you've ordered from ebay? I have had good results with RX66 but you may need to pull the carpet up so you can treat the underlay/floorbaords though.

hiya, not been on for a while (by the time i have cared for animals and sorted emails, website, ebay fundraising and 3 facebook pages i have little time for forums which is pants! anyway - - - what is RX66???  :)

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2011, 13:16:03 PM »
Whatever you use, make sure you use enough to soak right through to where the wee will have soaked - probably through to the floorboards.  Pour rather than spray and blot the excess after the required time period but be prepared for it to take several days to air dry.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2011, 21:41:44 PM »
Sorry I don't have any advice or recommendations but wanted to say hello and  :welcome: to Purrs  ;D

Woops, forgetting my manners there  :-[

:welcome: to Purrs Livelyred  ;D

Offline Jiji

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Algernon & Noodle
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2011, 21:39:29 PM »
Sorry I don't have any advice or recommendations but wanted to say hello and  :welcome: to Purrs  ;D

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2011, 21:30:55 PM »

Offline Fire Fox

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Tallulah & Bridge boy Noah Pesto-chops
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2011, 19:52:03 PM »
I am pleased you did, Livelyred, I hope you will stick around (and post a pic or two of your cats) - it's really friendly and I am sure you will get some helpful responses! Might take a day or two as sometimes the regulars are too busy with rescues or fosters or HUGE feline families to get online. Yes Liz I am referring to you.  :evillaugh:
:'( My beautiful Noah rescued 13/02/09, adopted 11/10/09, taken 11/02/11 :'( You deserved so much more.
Lulu's Catbook
http://apps.facebook.com/catbook/profile/view/10311818

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2011, 19:18:50 PM »
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, its the latest thing recommended on Purrs and before that we used the Pets at home spray or washing with bio soap powder.

Waiting to hear how this works  ;D

Offline livelyred69

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Maisy, Honey, Lily
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2011, 19:08:20 PM »
Yes i have purchased some off ebay, just waiting for it to arrive but i just wanted to ask other people what they use in case this dont work ! :innocent:

Offline Fire Fox

• Hero Cat
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2011, 19:05:08 PM »
I posted
"You want something enzyme-based, bio washing powder is the cheapest option as you may already have some in the house, but it may not be strong enough. You might try Vanish extra hygiene powder (more enzymes than standard Vanish) or any urine-cleaning spray from a pet store or RX66 if you don't mind ordering online. The RX66 is recommended regularly on Purrsinourhearts forums and is apparently super strength!

Whatever you use, follow the instructions as to warmth of water and leave in to soak if possible as enzymes take a while to work. No bleach or vinegar or washing up liquid as these may destroy the enzymes. You may need to go over the area a few times, it needs to not smell to cats sensitive noses.

Best of luck! xx
"

To which the reply was
"Thankyou just brought some off ebay, also a liquid u add to water to leave the area smelling fresher !"

I'm pleased Livelyred made her way here, there is sterling work being done by MSE regulars (Shona & Mervyn especially) to get Purrs forum and shop mentioned. ;D
:'( My beautiful Noah rescued 13/02/09, adopted 11/10/09, taken 11/02/11 :'( You deserved so much more.
Lulu's Catbook

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2011, 18:40:10 PM »
Interested to know what the product was?

Offline Fire Fox

• Hero Cat
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2011, 16:07:43 PM »
 :welcome:

Has the product you purchased from eBay not worked or not arrived yet? For the benefit of others Livelyred posted on MSE a few days ago.
Lulu's Catbook

Offline livelyred69

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Maisy, Honey, Lily
Cat Wee
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2011, 14:38:24 PM »
I have 2 cats Maisy & Honey also Lily a 10mth kitten, well i have been noticing for a while a smell of cat wee by my front door, they all go out but i also have 2 litter trays for nite time, has anyone any ideas how to get rif off this awlful smell please ! Thankyou :innocent:

Link to CatChat