Author Topic: Professional pics  (Read 2608 times)

Offline Hannikat

• Distinguished Cat
Re: Professional pics
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2008, 21:54:35 PM »
I have to admit the quality isn't that good, as you mention taking photos directly into sunlight is never a good move! I use a cheap digital camera for most of my 'off the cuff' photos but I do have an old 35mm (from my design student days) which takes much better 'posed' photos! at the end of the day thanks to the invention of digital cameras good quality photos can be created by anyone with an eye for a good composition.

Offline Shorty-Leanne

• Adult Cat
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2008, 20:07:56 PM »
Shorty, what are your lovely cats' names?

And Hannikat, how do you take decent photos when they are sitting right in front of the window with light streaming into the lens?

I am still reading reviews on cameras before buying one! Imho all point and shoot ones give the E.T. green, shiny eyes with a flash and it's too dark to photograph a burmese without flash.
The professional photos I had done last year were ok, but the ones of my 2 boys together came out no better than the ones I take - 1 white cat, 1 dark brown cat in same frame = photo mare unfortunately.

Tia[top pic], Ria[bottom pic]

I'll try it tonight on Maggie and Millie, but I think if you get a camera with a red eye reduction flash it MAY eliminate the big scary demon eyes  :rofl: will try later tonight or tomorrow for you. :)

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
  • SwampMax happy on their sunny French balcon 05!
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2008, 19:58:01 PM »
Shorty, what are your lovely cats' names?

And Hannikat, how do you take decent photos when they are sitting right in front of the window with light streaming into the lens?

I am still reading reviews on cameras before buying one! Imho all point and shoot ones give the E.T. green, shiny eyes with a flash and it's too dark to photograph a burmese without flash.
The professional photos I had done last year were ok, but the ones of my 2 boys together came out no better than the ones I take - 1 white cat, 1 dark brown cat in same frame = photo mare unfortunately.

Offline Shorty-Leanne

• Adult Cat
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2008, 17:55:54 PM »
Took this one using my old mobile-pretty good eh?

Beautiful  :Luv2: A Sony Ericsson W810i if I'm not mistaken  :shify:

I LOVED that phone, I took some brill pics on it too, hate my new camera phone, pictures have lines through them etc.[these are my faves from it]

I have to say, I too like satisfacton of taking my own pics too  :Luv2:
[sorry to butt in this thread btw]

Offline Mojo

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2008, 17:36:19 PM »
Thats the one ha ha

Add Glitter to Pictures

R.I.P My beautiful Mango xx 13/05/2006 - 01/11/2009

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2008, 17:28:44 PM »

Beautiful  :Luv2: A Sony Ericsson W810i if I'm not mistaken  :shify:

Offline Hannikat

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2008, 17:25:48 PM »

WHOA! you have a really good old mobile! my 'new' one isn't even that good

That's a beautiful pic of Izzy, she looks so serene - bet it was an optical illusion knowing how old she is  :evillaugh:

Your soooo right. Seconds later she was attacking the camera cord.....bless her

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2008, 17:05:12 PM »

Wow! thats fab, and that was your OLD mobile?!!! 

Offline Mojo

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2008, 16:48:17 PM »

Add Glitter to Pictures

R.I.P My beautiful Mango xx 13/05/2006 - 01/11/2009

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2008, 16:42:51 PM »
To be honest although I think all your professional photos look great I do prefer to take my own. Its not because I think its a waste of money or anything but rather a get great satisfaction knowing I've taken it  :Luv:

Oh, me too - I currently have 3832 pics of the boys (and No, I'm not exaggerating!)  :Crazy:

That's a beautiful pic of Izzy, she looks so serene - bet it was an optical illusion knowing how old she is  :evillaugh:

Offline Hannikat

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2008, 16:14:30 PM »
To be honest although I think all your professional photos look great I do prefer to take my own. Its not because I think its a waste of money or anything but rather a get great satisfaction knowing I've taken it  :Luv:

Offline kymberleyc

• Adult Cat
  • My beautiful girl is my world :)
  • Slave to: Millie Rose
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2008, 14:04:18 PM »
thanks so much for your comments, im glad im not abnormal! the pics on here are all so nice too! i wish id had mill in some of those poses!
Mummy to Millie xoxox

Offline MrsR

• Honorary Cat
  • RIP Sylvester, Sofa & Bunty - my furbabies x
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2008, 10:32:54 AM »
Me and hubby thought about it and though Elvis our youngest would adapt well until we moved house it was Elvis that was the one that it freaked the most and even since that we forgot the idea and will never take our guys out to a studio setting - best pics at home I think anyway.    Guess you think you know your cats until............!   Not for us now.

Offline hannah (weeny)

• Honorary Cat
  • JASPER!!
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2008, 23:09:38 PM »
riley has changed soooo much!!!  :evillaugh:

lovely pics, glad millie enjoyed  :)

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2008, 22:07:48 PM »
Gorgeous pic Kymberley  :Luv2:  I had some professional pics done (at home) of my boys when they were around 4months old.

Riley

LuLu

Photos by Derek Barrett  :)

There are quite a few pro photogs who work the show scene; Robert Fox and Krissie Lundgren to name just a couple.

Krissi Lungdren is responsible for the drool-tastic Bengal boys pics :drool;

Offline Reynard

• Super Cat
  • Pearl & Poppy
    • Post 14 Digital Motorsport Photography
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2008, 21:52:33 PM »
There are quite a few pro photogs who work the show scene; Robert Fox and Krissie Lundgren to name just a couple. The cat is put in a small makeshift studio with lightbox, flash and reflectors and as a result the cat is being photogrpahed in a controlled situation. Of course, if the cat doesn't want to play ball, then that's the way it goes...

Me, I prefer shooting cats in their home environment. After a while, they ignore me and my camera, relax and can just be themselves. I've taken a number of competition-winning photos in this way. However, last year I was given a right royal runaround by a feisty 23-year-old cat who thought it somewhat beneath her to have ver photo taken, so it just goes to show.  :evillaugh:

My two are used to posing for meowmy's camera.  :pic:

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2008, 19:17:16 PM »
I wouldnt be able to get my cats to do it apart from lola as they are all wimps and are scared of strangers, especially one armed with a shooty camera  :evillaugh:

Its a lovely pic  ;D

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2008, 10:42:53 AM »
 :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2: Lovely pic .... sounds like it all went very well and Millie looks like she was very relaxed.
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline kymberleyc

• Adult Cat
  • My beautiful girl is my world :)
  • Slave to: Millie Rose
Professional pics
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2008, 10:18:57 AM »
Just thought id let you into my experience of this upcoming craze! are you for or against!!??

So all my friends have done it and i wasn't sure :Crazy:, they had taken their cats to a local photographer and had them pose on all sorts of objects. although it wasn't cheap and came at about £120 with a picture included, i did it! I took my gorgeous girl Millie, now theres one thing about Millie she LOVES/ADORES camera flashes. if you taking a photo and the flash goes she changes position every time, like a model!. so i thought Millie might actually enjoy it! So when i got there they asked me what i wanted; a playful scene, a sleeping one or a natural one. i picked natural and out he came (with his "assistant") with lots of cream fabric with little prints on of daisies etc. he put them in a corner and i placed millie gently on it. now naturally she was sniffing around and didn't know where she was but i sat with her for 10 mins stroked her, talked to her and calmed her down. so as soon as i had got Millie to relax and sit down, he started snapping away.. at first Mill just sat there shutting her eyes or looking at me everytime the flash went. but after a while (and encouragement from mummy and daddy!lol) i noticed this smile crept around her cheeks and she looked like she was loving it! it lasted for about 35 minutes, at the end he told me he'd forward on all the pictures and i can request which one i liked best by phone! He gave Millie some catnip drops which all cats love and Milllie was quite content. i requested a picture in a black and white canvas so i could put it in my new living room, the picture is below and i think its wonderful. Yes i did think it was silly when all my friends were doing it but after all it wasn't so bad. My cat enjoyed it i don't think I'm abusing her, if they like it isn't that all that matters?
« Last Edit: August 16, 2008, 10:23:59 AM by kymberleyc »
Mummy to Millie xoxox

Link to CatChat