Author Topic: My article in Cat World  (Read 1590 times)

Offline Wibblechick

• Royal Cat
  • Mr T and Chloe - We will meet again at the Bridge
  • Slave to: Celyn and Olwyn
Re: My article in Cat World
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2009, 17:10:29 PM »
Isn't that typical  :evillaugh:

I stand by what I said about the article though, well written, clear and concise and definitely one to lend to any friends who are considering cat-proofing thier garden  :briggin:

(Just spell-checked this post - and it wanted to change cat-proofing to WATER proofing!!!  If only!!!:rofl:)
People Power Works!!!

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2009, 16:59:14 PM »
Your cat enclosure is  :Luv: :Luv2: :Luv: (and I could do with some tips on how to get my marrow plants to look as healthy as yours  ;))

Thanks  :thanks: but, sorry to disappoint you, that picture with the marrow plant in - isnt actually my garden! Its funny I flipped open to the pages when I first got the mag, and though ooh didnt my garden look nice - but, hey I don't remember putting that bit of trellis up the fence like that and....oh, hang on, thats not my garden LOL!

Bearing in mind it was over 10 years ago and at a different house to where I am now! I don't have an enclosure now. In fact it must be well over 10 years ago  because notice the complete absence of persians - only George and Harry  lurking in the undergrowth!
« Last Edit: July 17, 2009, 23:48:46 PM by Gillian (Ambercat) »

Offline Wibblechick

• Royal Cat
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2009, 15:36:49 PM »
Ive just read the article  :)  Well done ! :briggin:  And now Im lusting after some of the cats in the rest magazine  :innocent:

Please, if I come back as a cat at some time, will you adopt me?  Your cat enclosure is  :Luv: :Luv2: :Luv: (and I could do with some tips on how to get my marrow plants to look as healthy as yours  ;))
People Power Works!!!

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2009, 06:59:12 AM »
Oo! I will have to buy that....Must be a good article to put it in twice!  ;)

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2009, 23:53:40 PM »
Well done - are you gonna spend the money on the furry gang or treat yourself???

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Wibblechick

• Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2009, 18:37:54 PM »
Ooooh - Well done - I must get a copy - I wasnt "Purring" back when you last had an article in ;) 

Sounds like the sort of article it would be useful to have to lend to people - sometimes a magazine is less daunting than a computer print off  :tired: :(
People Power Works!!!

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
My article in Cat World
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2009, 18:34:13 PM »
My article on cat enclosures is in Cat World (again) - August edition. Its actually the same one that was in before, think it was last year or the year before. Page 32 - in case anyone missed it the last time!  ;) Slightly re-worked from last time I believe, although i havent had a chance to read it all through yet and compare it with the original  :)

Its not what I have now for the cats, as they can all go out in the garden here, but its what I did where I lived before - after I lost several cats on the road. The house was in a cul de sac, but the road at the top of the close was a quiet, but fast (too fast  >:( ) country road and the cats were attracted to the hedgerows running alongside the road - fatal attraction sadly.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2009, 23:47:12 PM by Gillian (Ambercat) »

Link to CatChat