Author Topic: Rosie won't let me sleep!  (Read 1418 times)

Online Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
Re: Rosie won't let me sleep!
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2010, 00:49:39 AM »
As the Mother of the Clan Cats - well in to double figures and having nocturnal ferals who play on the stairs and also wind up my 2 dogs - one crated cause Sunny eats cat food and Sky who is no longer in his crate and we have no need to shut doors but both bark if the playing is a bit to much usually invlove jumping on v=crates!

Also just to add after a while you get so tired you sleep through anything - todays fun - 3 scratching posts - all over 5 foot on their sides, 1 tipped grit box and a shredded toilet roll - really just a normal day in our house! :shocked: :rofl:
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Fire Fox

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Tallulah & Bridge boy Noah Pesto-chops
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2010, 18:12:59 PM »
If I feed Noah his last meal relatively late he tends to sleep for a good part of the night, or entertains himself with the Bergan Turbo Track and flashing ball (Purrs shop again!). You can buy protective sleeving for wiring, I don't think it is terribly expensive.
:'( My beautiful Noah rescued 13/02/09, adopted 11/10/09, taken 11/02/11 :'( You deserved so much more.
Lulu's Catbook
http://apps.facebook.com/catbook/profile/view/10311818

Offline Sayj

• Adult Cat
    • www.cheekyrats.com
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2010, 01:27:31 AM »
 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: So very true lol :tired:
All my kids have fur and tails :) x

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2010, 00:29:14 AM »
NEWS FLASH

No cats let us sleep - we are their slaves day and night  ;) :rofl: :hug:

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Sayj

• Adult Cat
    • www.cheekyrats.com
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2010, 15:59:38 PM »
Thank you for the advice  :hug: I have a few fishing rod type toys for her, and the disk with balls inside and I'll have a look at Da bird too :) I might try cat nip toys with her too.

I'll have to do some serious play sessions with her to make sure she's exhausted at bed time :evillaugh: :evillaugh: :evillaugh:

Thanks again x

Offline Feline Costumier

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2010, 15:30:16 PM »
Two years in and I'm only just getting a full nights sleep back! Kittens are very much like babies, they are demanding and will often be a total nuisance exactly when you don't want them to be :shy:

Laser pens are great and I recommend Da Bird from the purrs shop, although she won't be totally co-ordinated for it, it will be very entertaining for you :evillaugh:

Unfortunately, kittens are lively and demanding but that's why we love them!

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2010, 15:10:23 PM »
Do you have a toy on a stick or a length of string or a long shoelace...................try playing with her for as long as possible before bedtime, hopefully she will get very tired quickly and then go to sleep and let you get some too  ;D

Offline Sayj

• Adult Cat
    • www.cheekyrats.com
Rosie won't let me sleep!
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2010, 14:29:25 PM »
Can anyone here give me some tips to wear Rosie out before bed time as she goes wild at night and I don't get any sleep! I know she's only a baby but I feel like I haven't slept in ages :tired: :tired: :tired: and My partner works early shifts so needs his sleep.
I would love to leave her downstairs, but she chews wires and Sadie our other cat sleeps there too but hasn't taken to her yet so growls and hisses at her :Crazy: What can I do please help I'm knackered :tired: :tired: :tired:

Thanks

Sayj x

PS I don't have another room that I can keep her in so I'm stuck, I can't lock her in her carrier all night as that would be cruel :doh:

Link to CatChat