Author Topic: Paws Inn Updates  (Read 790686 times)

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
Re: Paws Inn Updates
« Reply #4620 on: May 22, 2012, 00:31:42 AM »
Teresa, please try to rest more. So easy for me to say but please try to put yourself first for at least six hours a day.  :hug: :hug:

Ditto  :hug: Pleased to hear the vets have taken the pressure off for a bit  :hug:

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
« Reply #4619 on: May 21, 2012, 22:29:07 PM »
Teresa, please try to rest more. So easy for me to say but please try to put yourself first for at least six hours a day.  :hug: :hug:

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
« Reply #4618 on: May 21, 2012, 21:19:23 PM »
Sorry not updated,life has been got so bad I collapsed in bathroom during the night, ,I`m ok dont worry.
Debbie took me and the 4 tyrants to vets this morning, Andy could find nothing wrong; I found myself telling him that for the first time ever I couldnt cope and he would be responsible for my death if things continued. Andy took the 4 darlings until 6 to give me a rest,said he would get nurses to pump them full of AD touch wood things are easier tonight, I intend to leave a dish of food in their Pen and go to bed and see what tomorrow brings.
The other Paws Inn charges are doing ok.
Meanwhile I have taken my morphine and feel really sleepy, so hopefully will do proper update tomorrow.
By the way 2 of these little darlins are reserved so no pressure.

Offline Tigerlily (Allison)

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Toby
« Reply #4617 on: May 21, 2012, 07:52:50 AM »
Sending lots of  :hug: Teresa.

I have a question. You mentioned Rosalind had a can of pilchards in tomato sauce. I've always avoided the ones in tomato sauce because I thought the tomato sauce would be too rich and upset their tummies. Isn't this the case?  :-:
http://www.cat-rescue1.co.uk/

RIP Simba ~ 16/04/02
RIP Tiger ~ 25/08/02
RIP Lily ~ 03/04/10
RIP Molly ~ 04/11/16
Always in my thoughts, forever in my heart

If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I would walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4616 on: May 20, 2012, 22:13:55 PM »
Sending positive vibes for Rosalind and the puzzling Fusspots.

I know you'll get to the bottom of this, T. Just hope they don't wear you out in the process.  :hug:

Offline CarolM (Wendolene)

• Royal Cat
  • Korky: June 1992 - 19/10/2009
  • Slave to: Bunty and Biggles
« Reply #4615 on: May 20, 2012, 21:13:42 PM »
Hope the lapping has gone better today and that Rosalind is still eating well.  :hug:

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #4614 on: May 20, 2012, 07:13:11 AM »

Crikey Teresa - what a marathon session!

Am a great respecter of instinct - especially yours - and hope you can work out what it is that's bugging you about Rosalind and her babies.   :hug: :hug:

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4613 on: May 20, 2012, 00:30:19 AM »
Sending lots of 'get lapping' vibes for the norty kittens, and a huge dollop of strength giving vibes for you T.  :hug:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4612 on: May 20, 2012, 00:07:51 AM »
Is Tom Snout taking over where Winston left off  :scared:

Pleased to hear that apart from the fuss pots being fuss pots that all others are happy and healthy. How are Athena and Olivia's babies coming on?

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4611 on: May 19, 2012, 12:05:52 PM »
10 am battle finished at 11.45am, kittens put up at great fight but even Tom Snout( the only boy who thinks he is now in charge) had to admit to enjoying his food just a bit  :rofl: almost full sachet gone,it does help threatening a water syringe  :rofl: Cobweb actually wolfed every scrap of hers, Perdita ate hers in a slow but ladylike manner and Titania like tom Snout put up a fight but got there in the end.

I think you need a break Teresa,cats of all ages can be so bloody-minded,if they don''t wanna do summat,they won't! I hope you win in the end,and they start lapping.x

Think in truth if I were employed by someone I would be sacked  :rofl: :rofl:

Offline CatGirl

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #4610 on: May 19, 2012, 11:47:22 AM »
I think you need a break Teresa,cats of all ages can be so bloody-minded,if they don''t wanna do summat,they won't! I hope you win in the end,and they start lapping.x

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4609 on: May 19, 2012, 09:29:44 AM »
We have now had 2 days and 2 nights of this,where is the giant scream smilie. Something is niggling me regards this whole litter and I just cant get my head around it. This morning I was greeted by poop everywhere and filthy kittens who really do not want to lap. Finally got quarter of sachet of Hi life kitten which had been blended into a creamy soup down them yes I forced them to lap one at a time on my knee,thats quarter sachet between 4, I then syringed 7ml of electrolyte fluid into each of them.They have been back end bathed as poop and piddle dance they were doing left them bright yellow,interesting its still mums milk coming through after all this time. Next battle due at 10.
Mum continues to make progress.
All other inmates happy and well.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4608 on: May 19, 2012, 00:53:35 AM »
Pleased to hear she's feeling better. Such a shame she won't be able to raise her babies but I know you will do a fab job of being Rosalind's stand in  :hug: That's a lovely offer from Julie too  :)

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4607 on: May 18, 2012, 19:49:25 PM »
 :phew: so pleased that Roslalind has eaten.  I can't say that I blame her for being relieved at being kitten-free, they are certainly very demanding.  Fingers crosssed that the breakthrough on lapping is just a whisker away, and  :pat: to Julie for offereing to give you break.

... and as for Cornelius  :what:

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4606 on: May 18, 2012, 19:25:03 PM »
Rosalind has eaten the following in the last 24hours
I whole tin Pilchards in tomato sauce
2 small chicken breasts
handful of RC dry kitten
4 sachets of Felix a g a i ls amazing what anabolic can do  :rofl: It seems her problem is calcium and kitten related. She is bouncing around happy as larry and glad to be rid of her babies, Well she is only a kitten herself. Vet said she must not even see or hear her babies because that could trigger milk production which could kill her.
Her babies are naughty, fussy little darlings who have almost killed me, I have had different ones lapping at different times but each feed has left me in tears,to be honest I left them this afternoon hoping hunger would kick in, afraid I gave in and syringe came out. This mornings feed took me 3 hours, I have promised myself a holiday for my 100 birthday(not had one since 1978 ) and if ever my lungs recover and I can walk I will run away  :rofl:.
All else seem fine and Julie bless her has offered to take babies for a night if it gets too much.

I know how much you all enjoy a bit of poop in the conversation well Cornelius did a 10 inch long lump this afternoon :rofl:

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4605 on: May 18, 2012, 10:35:43 AM »
Sending lots of these  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  for all at the Inn today, especially Aunty T and Rosalind.  Hope the the fusspots, Cassandra and Athena's babies have taken on board the art of lapping.  Also a special  :hug: for Pansydora.  Yes I know she's a terror but sooooo loveable.

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #4604 on: May 18, 2012, 07:31:24 AM »
Sending lots of positive vibes for Rosalind. And a  :hug: for you Teresa.

RIP Simba ~ 16/04/02
RIP Tiger ~ 25/08/02
RIP Lily ~ 03/04/10
RIP Molly ~ 04/11/16

If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I would walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #4603 on: May 18, 2012, 06:54:50 AM »

C'mon Rosalind, sweetheart.  C'mon.   :hug: :hug:  You can't give up now.  Me and young Ross (Foo Fighter Extraordinaire) are sending some "eat up" vibes for you and to baby Cassandra too. 

Teresa, thinking of you and your kitten soup.   :hug: :hug:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4602 on: May 18, 2012, 00:51:47 AM »
Fingers crossed poor Rosalind starts to feel better soon, she's such a sweet looking little thing :blow kiss: Come on fuss post, be good for your Auntie Teresa  :hug:

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4601 on: May 17, 2012, 20:43:04 PM »

So, how do you teach kittens to lap ?  :P

A bit like swimming lessons really  :rofl: and when that fails stick food covered fingers in their mouths  :rofl: and when that doesnt work dunk their heads in kitten soup  :rofl: :rofl: All very cruel, finally you shove them in kitchen sink and attempt to wash them clean  :rofl: :rofl:
Am a bit annoyed really think pic of kiitens swimming in food maybe on broken laptop.

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4600 on: May 17, 2012, 20:18:23 PM »
Poor Cordelia, RIP sweetheart, love and kindness found you when you least expected it, and you lived long enough to know how it felt.  :hug:

Teresa, I know she was special to you.  :hug: :hug:

Sending "C'Mon!!" vibes for Rosalind, and hoping her babies will fare as well under your care as the previous bundles of impossible cuteness have.

So, how do you teach kittens to lap ?  :P

Offline nickynoo93

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Charlie, Poppy, Wordy and Ollie. RIP Bridge Baby Harry. x
« Reply #4599 on: May 17, 2012, 19:30:29 PM »
So sorry to hear about Cordela. Poor Rosalind, I hope she perks up soon and can be reunited with her kittens.

I can picture you on the floor kneeling over a dish of milk showing the kittens how to lap. 

Take care of yourself.x

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4598 on: May 17, 2012, 18:49:43 PM »
Another tough day, Rosalind has been back to see Andy this afternoon,hes given her some anabolics and vitamins in the hope it will boost her appetite,she has been offered every kind of cat food imagineable, pilchard in tomato sauce, freshly cooked chicken and been syringe fed AD and cat milk,all to no avail; her kittens who are in the house with me are not being co operative either,they want their mummys milk not anything that I have to offer, I am sitting here covered in all sorts but at least babies have full tummies for now,Tom Snout even drew blood from my lip  :rofl: Dont think I have any tears left to cry,wouldnt be so bad if mum would eat. Vet has advised mum cat is totally removed from kittens,somehow I find myself looking back at dwarfs,holy terrors and hundreds more with fond memories and thinking this lot will soon grow up;they have already been named the fuss pots  :rofl:
Baby Cassandra has also felt the force of my fingers with kitten meat, shes ok but way behind her siblings who are lapping small amounts. Have also given Athenas 4 lessons in lapping.
All else seem ok.

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4597 on: May 17, 2012, 10:58:11 AM »
Have to agree that the wise old lady cat was smart; she was with someone who loved her when she went. Rest Easy, Cordelia.

:care: Hope you're all OK.

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #4596 on: May 17, 2012, 07:44:55 AM »
Oh that's sad about Cordelia  :( I'm so glad her last days were spent at the inn where she was loved and pampered.

RIP Simba ~ 16/04/02
RIP Tiger ~ 25/08/02
RIP Lily ~ 03/04/10
RIP Molly ~ 04/11/16

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #4595 on: May 17, 2012, 07:19:45 AM »
Always sad to hear a furry has gone to the bridge......sweet dreams Cordelia  :( :( :(

Hope you're ok T  :hug: :hug:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4594 on: May 17, 2012, 06:59:38 AM »

Teresa, am so sorry.    :hug: :hug:

Am pleased that Cordelia found somewhere safe to rest her paws and enjoy her remaining days - she couldn't have found a better place. 

Gods bless, Cordelia.  Be happy, sweetheart. 

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4593 on: May 17, 2012, 00:06:22 AM »
Very sorry to hear the sad news about Cordelia, I have no doubt she has been treated like a Princess during her time at Paws Inn and at least she went knowing love and kindness. RIP Cordelia, safe and sound at the Bridge by now xx

Hope you are feeling OK Teresa  :hug: How is Rosalind doing?  :hug:

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4592 on: May 16, 2012, 22:49:02 PM »
Night night and God bless Cordelia.  :hug:  When you astounded the vets by recovering from your chest infection we thought you would have longer than this but it wasn't to be.   :'(

Some good news today - Olivia's kittens have started to lap.  Well, all except Cassandra that is but she's still wrestling wth how to find her way to the milk bar.  Should add she does get there eventually.  :)

Offline mad_lilli

• Hero Cat
  • Lady Marmalade of the fluffy trousers
    • Cruelty Free, Vegan Skincare Freshly Made in the UK
  • Slave to: Marmalade, Teddy, Crystal, Marco (Thug 1) and Polo (Thug 2)
« Reply #4591 on: May 16, 2012, 22:35:29 PM »
Awwwwww that's sad news.  :hug: :hug: :hug: to all and good luck Cordelia - enjoy Corrie at the bridge. Xxx
RIP beautiful Lilli 01.08.1999 - 02.01.2016 
My shadow since February 2002
I'll love you forever

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #4590 on: May 16, 2012, 21:28:56 PM »
Oh Aunty T our thoughts are with you all at the Inn, Good speed Miss Cordelia loved and wanted at the end and always a special Paws Inn baby :hug:
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4589 on: May 16, 2012, 20:54:30 PM »
Its been a tough couple of days at the Inn, but thank God for Carol.

Just before 5 this afternoon Carol and myself had the tough task of taking dear old Cordelia to the vets.
Cordelia has had a couple of months here with food and grooming a plenty,she even enjoyed Coronation St. and extra rations :rofl:
This morning quite unexpectedly Cordelia began to struggle on the tray,normally her piddle has been like a fountain, today nothing and I mean nothing. Vet said she could have done bloods and put her on a drip but in a couple of weeks we would be back. The Miss Piggy of the cat world it seems had several things going on beside her kidneys. I think Carol and I are still in shock.
So the sweet old dear was put to sleep and was gone within a second of needle touching her.

Goodnight Godbless " Miss Piggy"

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4588 on: May 16, 2012, 12:18:26 PM »
Yup, I'm definitely in the Happy and Rainbow camp. ;) Stunners the pair of them. And Old Gobbo looks a total card. :)

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4587 on: May 16, 2012, 06:45:03 AM »

Popping in to say Hi to everyone at the Inn this morning, and young Ross (Foo Fighter Extraordinaire [of the Order of the Curly Whiskers]) wants to say "waaaaah" to everyone too.   :wow: :wow:  He can't wait til his meowmy allows his to press da buttons onna pooter and then he can join in the fun too......

Hugs to all  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4586 on: May 14, 2012, 22:22:06 PM »
Gorgeous photos, I love the names you give the cats, You will be running out of names, you'll have to get that Shakespeare fella to write some new plays.  :rofl:

Nicky

Thanks Nicky, I wonder what he would make of us using his names for cats  :rofl: I suppose we could use Enid Blyton when the Bard is exhausted  :rofl:

Offline nickynoo93

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Charlie, Poppy, Wordy and Ollie. RIP Bridge Baby Harry. x
« Reply #4585 on: May 14, 2012, 21:49:03 PM »
Gorgeous photos, I love the names you give the cats, You will be running out of names, you'll have to get that Shakespeare fella to write some new plays.  :rofl:

Nicky

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #4584 on: May 14, 2012, 20:29:38 PM »
Oh my  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

RIP Simba ~ 16/04/02
RIP Tiger ~ 25/08/02
RIP Lily ~ 03/04/10
RIP Molly ~ 04/11/16

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
« Reply #4583 on: May 14, 2012, 19:20:18 PM »
ooo dear ... heart pumping overload  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

Offline CatGirl

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #4582 on: May 14, 2012, 12:06:04 PM »
Lovely pics,i was tempted to offer my help(even though i reckon i'm too far!) but my oldies are 18-17-maybe 16,plus my middle one had dementia and doesn't like any changes.Trying not to think how he'll cope when i move house. Rosalind looks like a kitten herself. :Luv:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4581 on: May 14, 2012, 11:54:18 AM »
 :rofl: :rofl:

Oh Lordy - how beautful - what a wonderful collection of Mummies and babies.   Happy is a stunning cat.  Absolutely stunning - like a black Bast.

Link to CatChat