Author Topic: Paws Inn Updates  (Read 790646 times)

Offline Tigerlily (Allison)

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Toby
Re: Paws Inn Updates
« Reply #4460 on: April 03, 2012, 09:47:15 AM »
Aww, they're both so sweet  :Luv: :Luv: I'm sure with the wonderful care they'll both be getting at Paws Inn they will look tip top in no time at all  :) :)
http://www.cat-rescue1.co.uk/

RIP Simba ~ 16/04/02
RIP Tiger ~ 25/08/02
RIP Lily ~ 03/04/10
RIP Molly ~ 04/11/16
Always in my thoughts, forever in my heart

If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I would walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4459 on: April 02, 2012, 10:37:27 AM »
Cordelia looks like an old teddy bear. Bless her heart. And Cornelius is SO handsome!

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
« Reply #4458 on: April 02, 2012, 09:32:50 AM »
Teresa, they are both lovely and will be so pretty when their physical and emotional wounds have healed. I know they will thrive under your care.  :hug:

Good luck to Cordelia for her vet visit today, well done Debbie  :crossed:

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #4457 on: April 02, 2012, 09:19:34 AM »

Aw Teresa....     :Luv:

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
« Reply #4456 on: April 02, 2012, 08:53:55 AM »
Sheila she is beautiful and of course the best colour.

I did a little potato digging in Cordelias ears yesterday and gave her face a bit of a wash, Debbie then took over the hard bit and furminated her which she enjoyed,she certainly looks better for it though I am concerned about her chest and ear so Debbie is going to try to finish work early and take her back to vet today.

Debbie also furminated Cornelius who is beginning to look very handsome,his eyes are no longer sunken and his coat is looking clean. He is still unable to put weight on his injured leg and always lies covering it. On inspection it is clean and not as swollen so hopefully it will improve over time.

Debbie and Natalie were both assigned the task of strongholding all the cats, I believe they may have had a little help from a peacock feather dont ask  :rofl: my job then was to lay on settee keeping it warm  :rofl: hard work but I managed.

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4455 on: April 01, 2012, 21:00:27 PM »
Aww Chelsea. So pleased she has found her hooMAN xx

Now you know I favour the monochrome versions - I thought you'd like to see something altogether totally erm, the same.... meet Pursley, my 15 year old grand dame! Or is it ??

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #4454 on: April 01, 2012, 17:54:54 PM »
Fantastic news for Chelsea  :wow:

The two newbies could certainly do with a bit of Paws Inn polish, poor babies :care:

Offline AliCat

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Tachi and Akamaru.
« Reply #4453 on: April 01, 2012, 14:30:20 PM »
Great to hear that you are on the mend again T.

Cornelius certainly is a handsome chap.

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4452 on: April 01, 2012, 09:35:11 AM »
What a lucky cat that you got her....bless Cordelia. She looks a great old lady. And Cornelius is very handsome....can see why you've all fallen for him!

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4451 on: March 31, 2012, 21:47:49 PM »
So pleased to hear you're(out and about!) Teresa,i just wonder how some one could leave an animal in their garden for 3 weeks. Keep well. :hug:

Woman actually thought it was a dead body until a foot moved. in fairness she was in brambles and not readily accessible unless your an idiot like me.

Offline CatGirl

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #4450 on: March 31, 2012, 10:44:03 AM »
So pleased to hear you're(out and about!) Teresa,i just wonder how some one could leave an animal in their garden for 3 weeks. Keep well. :hug:

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4449 on: March 31, 2012, 10:01:10 AM »
Really pleased with Cornelius`s  leg this morning, hes still unable to put any weight on it but he is keeping it clean and no new puss pocket today.
Cordelia is like sleeping beauty,though think the ear drops are helping her cauliflower ear as she does seem to be hearing a little now and wakes up when disturbed, she no longer appears dead  :rofl: and when she is awake has a voice capable of giving Kiri Tikywotsit a run for her money  :rofl: hopefully tomorrow Debbie and Natalie will do some serious grooming and she and Cornelius will turn into swans.
Had an email and lots of pictures of Chelsea in her new home yesterday,my shes landed on her paws.
  All else happy and well

Offline Frances

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Christopher, Eleanor and George; RIP James
« Reply #4448 on: March 30, 2012, 16:28:46 PM »
Sooooo pleased that Chelsea has finally nabbed herself a slave.  She's waited a long time for the right human.

I think this warrants a dancing banana or two:   :yayyy:  :yayyy:

:Luv:

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #4447 on: March 30, 2012, 08:14:24 AM »
What wonderful pics of Chelsea  :Luv: :Luv: And what a lovely story about her rehoming  :Luv2:

Poor Cornelius and Cordelia  :( They do look a bit sorry for themselves. I'm sure with the tender love and care they will get a Paws Inn they'll very soon be fighting fit.

RIP Simba ~ 16/04/02
RIP Tiger ~ 25/08/02
RIP Lily ~ 03/04/10
RIP Molly ~ 04/11/16

If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I would walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

Offline Schmew

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #4446 on: March 29, 2012, 21:37:15 PM »
Really pleased to hear you're home Teresa, feel like I have to say try and take it easy but I bet you won't!

Cornelius and Cordelia  :Luv:  :Luv2:

Love the pictures of Winston and the fish! Good job they didn't bring him home a full turkey  :evillaugh:

Take care (please!)
x

Offline CarolM (Wendolene)

• Royal Cat
  • Korky: June 1992 - 19/10/2009
  • Slave to: Bunty and Biggles
« Reply #4445 on: March 29, 2012, 20:46:25 PM »
Tut tut Sheila - you really need to do your homework or you'll never pass your exams.  :evillaugh:

Wilbur was poorly neck the runt of the litter, not that he shows any indication of that now.  He's as big as his brother Harry who was the largest of the litter (hence the nickname Big  H).   Bad hair day was Charlie, the long-haired grey.

You're right that Cornelius is the grey/white and Cordelia is the tricolour.  She'll be beautiful bless her when she's cleaned up a bit and Cornelius is an absolute star. :Luv2:

T probably is overdoing it but you try stopping her.  :evillaugh:  She had Cordelia scruffed and in the carrier almost before I'd had time to open it.  ;D

I've been seriously told off for not giving you the full story about Chelsea.  Debbie and I really wanted things to work out for her and were terribly nervous because the potential adopter was a man and she has been known to vent her wrath on the male of the species.  :scared:  He was lovely and fell in love with her before long before we opened her pen.  She clearly knew which side her bread was buttered and was all over him.  ;D  He had brought a front loading carrier and we were a bit concerned that we might have trouble getting her into it but as soon as he opened it she walked right in, turned around and sat down expectantly as if to say right, are we off then.  We'd given him her full story and advised him that she could take a long time to settle and that he should be prepared for her to hide etc etc but within an hour Debbie had received a text telling her that Chelsea came out of her carrier, had a nose around and was currently sitting on his knee purring and enjoying cuddles.  Is it any wonder that we were in tears.

Wilbur and Harry are very pleased for her because they now have a big pen with an outside run and have been making the most of the good weather.

Bella and Daisy are just  :Luv2:  :Luv2:  Mind you I may be biased because they remind me so much of my ex-Paws Inn cats Bunty and Biggles (formerly known as Dandelion and Burdock)  They're even in the same pen that my two were in.

ANyway, here's Chelsea ready for the off.  :Luv2:

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
« Reply #4444 on: March 29, 2012, 20:09:59 PM »
I think I should stop reading your posts T...... Each time I want to give a new baby a home even while knowing Amber would kill me if I did meaning 2 cats in rescue!

Youre an inspiration!!! Im glad youre well and out of the hossie but please look after you!

That said did you ever find out who invaded your home and wasnt your cat? Or maybe I dreamt that post
love
Tab

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4443 on: March 29, 2012, 19:18:45 PM »
Oh T, what a sorry looking pair! Thank goodness you've found them and are well enough to pull them back from the brink.

Keeping everything crossed XXX

Now, forgive my forgetfulness, Wilbur was....Bad hair Day?

Yes, yes of course Winston was the lucky little boy who had such a traumatic start in life. And now lovely Chelsea has been homed, Bella and Daisy will be snapped up quickly now I'm sure - such wonderful work you guys do, I'm agog  :omg:

Also, I'm guessing Cordelia is the tricolour and Cornelius the grey/white?

Hope you're not overdoing it? But well done you and Carol. Hip Hip Hooray :hug:

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4442 on: March 29, 2012, 18:44:46 PM »
Carol has spent the day here working very hard, I did tell her she is not a good gossip and she has promised to post pic of the cat she and Debbie rehomed last week  :rofl: Incidentally it was Chelsea.

The new boy that Rob and Julie took in on Sunday night is Cornelius, he has horrific injuries to one of his legs and has not yet been neutered, we are all smitten with him.His leg is being treated but vet says he will not be strong enough for anaesthetic for week or two. His age 6-8years,weight less than 3kg.

This afternoon Carol and I were called out to something that had been at end of womans garden for 3 weeks,woman thought it was blind and deaf and then thought it was dead but saw leg move, Carol and I didnt know whether we were going after a cat or sheep just something fluffy and dirty white, so the wonderful Carol politely stepped back and allowed me to do heavy breathing in the brambles  :rofl: before scruffing cat who turned out to be Cordelia age 15 years plus, we have been to vet, medication administered and Cordelia enjoyed the food so much she licked the dish clean.Her weight just 2.8kg.

Daisy and Bella have been producing beautiful poop and samples returned from vet all cle
All else happy and well.

Sheila Winston isnt a member of holy terrors,he is one I rescued in december when his litter mate was fouund dead in garden. Wilbur and Big H are remaining 2 holy terrors.

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4441 on: March 29, 2012, 11:31:41 AM »
I love those pictures! He's a gorgeous boy. :) :Luv:

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4440 on: March 29, 2012, 08:03:46 AM »
Aw Winston looks like he's well settled there.  :Luv: And spoilt rotten by the look of him.

Was he the last of the holy terrors, T?

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #4439 on: March 29, 2012, 06:55:17 AM »

What a fabulous sequence of pictures  :wow:   He looks nonplussed  :evillaugh:  very very pleased he's bagged himself a forever home - and have to say, isn't he just splendid?!!   :Luv:

MacBeenz MacSquee sends an admittedly sleepy Squeeewheeewheeee to his AUnty T this morning - he's very tired because these longer evenings and softer nights have led to so much more adventuring, and it takes it's toll even on the young.  ;) :hug: :hug:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #4438 on: March 28, 2012, 17:46:12 PM »
 :welcome: home Teresa  :hug: Lovely to see you back online, hope you are feeling a bit stronger this time  :hug:

Love the pics of young Winston  :Luv: I do wonder whether the new owners have any idea what they have let themselves in for though :scared: He will be demanding freshly caught fish twice a day from now on  :naughty:  :evillaugh:

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #4437 on: March 28, 2012, 15:38:21 PM »
Awww, those pics of Winston  :Luv: :Luv: He looks a bit uncertain as to what he should be doing with those fish though  :evillaugh:

Take it easy Teresa  :hug:

RIP Simba ~ 16/04/02
RIP Tiger ~ 25/08/02
RIP Lily ~ 03/04/10
RIP Molly ~ 04/11/16

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4436 on: March 28, 2012, 15:16:45 PM »
Winston, just makes you want to cry with joy

modified to add that Winston ate one after it was cooked.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 15:19:10 PM by Teresa Pawcats »

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4435 on: March 28, 2012, 12:52:56 PM »
Welcome home, T. Looking forward to your updates. So pleased you've escaped and feel well enough to consult the vet.  ;D

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #4434 on: March 28, 2012, 12:43:11 PM »
Glad you are home T and look forwad to your updates ;D
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4433 on: March 28, 2012, 11:11:39 AM »
Glad to hear that, Teresa. Take it easy - well as much as you can!

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #4432 on: March 28, 2012, 10:27:32 AM »
Great news T! Take care  :hug:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4431 on: March 28, 2012, 09:15:33 AM »

Yay!   I always think vets are so much better than Doctors, don't you?  ;) :hug:   Hope all goes well for the visit.  Love to hear back from you later, but don'toverdo it!

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4430 on: March 28, 2012, 09:01:12 AM »
Just a flying visit to let everyone know that I came home last night. Thankyou for all your good wishes  :hug:

Must dash of to vet now and hopefully will be able to update on who got rehomed and who our new arrival is later today.

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #4429 on: March 28, 2012, 08:41:56 AM »
Sending lots and lots of get well vibes to Teresa  :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

RIP Simba ~ 16/04/02
RIP Tiger ~ 25/08/02
RIP Lily ~ 03/04/10
RIP Molly ~ 04/11/16

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4428 on: March 28, 2012, 06:57:20 AM »

Squeeeewheeewheee Aunty T?    :-:

Sending much love to you Teresa from me and MacBeenz.   :hug: :hug:

Offline Schmew

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #4427 on: March 27, 2012, 21:46:39 PM »
Sending lots of Good Luck wishes to you T - can't believe you've had to go back into hospital  :(

Hope you are feeling better soon and can escape back to the Inn
 :hug:
x

Offline ChrisB

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
  • Gizmo, Bubbles, Cleo, Daisy and Ellie
« Reply #4426 on: March 25, 2012, 23:20:40 PM »
Teresa, sending you lots of get well wishes  :hug:

Perhaps it's Chelsea with a new home ?  ;D
Unconditional love is hard to find unless you have a cat

Offline CatGirl

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #4425 on: March 25, 2012, 12:17:08 PM »
Perhaps we should all get together and send Teresa a group "get well",eg @ noon tomorrow. :)

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4424 on: March 25, 2012, 12:04:54 PM »
Oooo, a new  home!!

Glad T is being cared for well, and that you managed to cheer her up. Sending a "get well soon" vibe.

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4423 on: March 25, 2012, 10:26:17 AM »
I've got everything crossed for Baby Bea  :Luv2: :Luv2:

Hope you had a comfortable night, T.  :hug: :hug:

Offline AliCat

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Tachi and Akamaru.
« Reply #4422 on: March 25, 2012, 10:01:05 AM »
Hope you are feeling much better soon T.

Ooh I wonder who it could be! Is it Olly?

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4421 on: March 25, 2012, 08:04:07 AM »

Is it Wilbur?   :shify:

Can't wait to find out.  Am sending much love and stripey MacBeenz MacSquee purrs for that poorly chest, Aunty T.  We loves ya.   :Luv: :hug: :hug:

Link to CatChat