Author Topic: Paws Inn Updates  (Read 790738 times)

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
Re: Paws Inn Updates
« Reply #4220 on: January 31, 2012, 06:46:59 AM »
Sending hugs and Squeeewheeeewheee's to all at the Inn this morning.   :hug: :hug: :hug:

Didja pick up your new chariot yesterday?   :wow:  Hope you did, and hope you're really pleased with it.   :) :hug:

Offline AliCat

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Tachi and Akamaru.
« Reply #4219 on: January 30, 2012, 16:28:20 PM »
Great news about Megan's biopsy.

Sorry to hear about Vanity.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #4218 on: January 25, 2012, 17:29:55 PM »
Very sorry to hear about vanity Teresa  :hug: Good news about Megan though, hope they can get to the bottom of it.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #4217 on: January 25, 2012, 07:19:50 AM »

So pleased to hear the news about Megans biopsy Teresa, but also sad to learn of Vanity's passing. 

Charlie and Fred will have big boots to fill.  Or maybe that should be peep toes....?  :) :hug:

Offline CarolM (Wendolene)

• Royal Cat
  • Korky: June 1992 - 19/10/2009
  • Slave to: Bunty and Biggles
« Reply #4216 on: January 24, 2012, 23:22:45 PM »
That's wonderful news about Megan's biopsy.  ;D  I was beginning to think it must be the worst because Andy said it often is when the results take a long time to come in.  All he has to do now is find out what's really causing the lump.  :sigh:

I'm so sorry to hear the news about Vanity.  I know she was one of your 'specials'.  :hug:  Charlie and Fred may not have been able to extend her lifespan but I'm sure they will have enriched her final weeks.

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
« Reply #4215 on: January 24, 2012, 21:30:41 PM »
Good news megans biopsy result is negative, Andy going to look at lump again next week.

Today I managed to weep the most free flowing tears I`ve managed in years; news came that Vanity had died of old age,
she spent 8 long years with us while we searched for the perfect home,then Sarah adopted her almost 5 years ago and madam Vanity who had been a terror became a gentle princess in a matter of months. In December Vanity got 2 new brothers in the form of Holy terrors Fred and Charlie, somehow I expected them to put new life in her,it wasnt to be she died at home on Friday; makes you realise how quickly life flies by and a gentle reminder that no matter how much effort we put into saving them mother nature wins in the end.

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4214 on: January 23, 2012, 16:02:30 PM »

Have you ordered the cages from Kalven? I got one when I bought my scratch post and it came carpeted.  :rofl:  It was good quality carpet too.  The cage is fine but slightly narrower than the one it replaced.

So, the new car arrives next week then.  ;D  Will I still be able to park mine next to yours or will I have to hide it out of the way so that I don't lower the tone.  :evillaugh:  And even worse, will the colours clash.  :rofl:

Yes carriers from Kalven.

Just checked and new chariot is being delivered to garage tomorrow then poshed up ready for me to collect next Monday, think you may continue to park next to me when you visit but please wear your best hat  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: think I may need a ladder to get in and out  :rofl: colour Gun Metal  :rofl:

Hannah our wonderful vets receptionist not only listened to all my complaints but sorted them all out even getting Megans chip changed over to me. Have been promised biopsy result tomorrow.

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4213 on: January 23, 2012, 15:02:15 PM »
Hope Star and Sabrina are settling well in their new home, it'll be a big change for them but so exciting.  Poor Fontayne, it wasn't her week was it; first a trip to the vets for a booster and then her pals left her.  I bet at first she just thought they'd gone to vets too and is waiting for them to come back.  It times like this when you really wish they could talk, or at least understand what you're saying to them.

Have you ordered the cages from Kalven? I got one when I bought my scratch post and it came carpeted.  :rofl:  It was good quality carpet too.  The cage is fine but slightly narrower than the one it replaced.

So, the new car arrives next week then.  ;D  Will I still be able to park mine next to yours or will I have to hide it out of the way so that I don't lower the tone.  :evillaugh:  And even worse, will the colours clash.  :rofl:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4212 on: January 23, 2012, 12:12:09 PM »
That's just th ebest news about Star and Sabrina, was worrying that something might go wrong for them but thankfully no need  :wow: Hope Fontaine and Dainty are next  :hug:

Hope the Churchill/Thatcher intros go OK when the time comes  :) Still got fingers crossed for Megan  :hug:

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4211 on: January 23, 2012, 10:32:10 AM »
Star and Sabrina went as planned on Saturday morning,they had been here since Sept 2010 so a really good homing, poor Fontayne has been a bit subdued since here friends left but Dainty seems to have new found confidence and is suddenly first to the food instead of last.
Debbie and I were busy yesterday trying to order new equipment, after consultation with Andy last week it is pretty certain that Anastasia will need to be in care permanently because of her nose, so we have ordered a 3 bed scratcher from Kalven  because we currently only have space for 2 beds for Olly and Tula, Anastasia is currently out in isolation Pen until we can fit a collapsible into the house, she was friends with Olly 4 years ago but then he was a timid injured cat now he is the dominant Purr Master General and Anastasia thinks she should come back as boss cat, imagine the Churchill and Thatcher of the cat world together a fantastic match but wheres the velvet glove  :rofl:so re introductions will have to be done very carefully.We also ordered some new wire basket carriers as some of the ones we are using are ancient.
The cats also get their new chariot next week and for first time in 9 years its not a picasso.I think I am going to have to start driving again.
Unbelievably we are still waiting for Megans biopsy results; Carol and Debbie asked Andy about microchip removal and Andy said no,so he now says he will try and alter details.
All ele happy and well especially Winston , Debbie brought him turkey yesterday with an extra piece for today. 

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4210 on: January 22, 2012, 19:20:42 PM »
Hope everything went according to plan yesterday with Star and Sabrina and all well at the Inn with humans and furries alike.  :hug:  :hug:  :hug: 

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4209 on: January 21, 2012, 20:54:36 PM »
So hoping all went well today.   :hug: :hug:

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4208 on: January 21, 2012, 09:42:15 AM »
Excellent news!! ;D

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
« Reply #4207 on: January 20, 2012, 21:01:54 PM »
Wiping the tears from my eyes having read Lindsey's thread about poor Lacie, and suddenly I want to celebrate with you, Teresa.

These are the days, my friends  :shy: :Luv: :)

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4206 on: January 20, 2012, 17:38:55 PM »
Sending lots and lots of love, luck and best wishes and for Star and Sabrina for tomorrow.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4205 on: January 18, 2012, 23:07:13 PM »
Star and Sabrina going to new home Saturday morning.

Fantastic news - Go Star & Sabrina!  :wooooo:

Offline AliCat

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Tachi and Akamaru.
« Reply #4204 on: January 18, 2012, 15:02:13 PM »
Yay for Star and Sabrina!!

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4203 on: January 18, 2012, 14:53:02 PM »
Brilliant - Teresa, you're gonna miss these two ! Great news, though, I'm so happy for them.  :hug: :hug:

Offline nickynoo93

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Charlie, Poppy, Wordy and Ollie. RIP Bridge Baby Harry. x
« Reply #4202 on: January 18, 2012, 12:50:07 PM »
Thats great news, hope they settle into their new home easily.

Nicky

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4201 on: January 18, 2012, 11:32:10 AM »
Star and Sabrina going to new home Saturday morning.

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4200 on: January 18, 2012, 10:02:33 AM »
Now where's Winstons turkey....? ;)

If he doesnt learn to behave himself he will find himself trussed up and joining a freezer full at Tescos  :evillaugh: I am just not used to a kitten opening up strange programmes on the computer that I have not discovered,he even opened facebook,he is currently trying to use my phone whilst stood in my nebuliser,no he has discovered a gas pipe besides the fire. This isnt a timid kitten but a confident monster who knows what he wants and how to get it, he has somehow become boss and me slave, I need to find someone mad enough to adopt him, O well vet tomorrow for 2nd jab so hopefully he will get rusty blunt needle  :evillaugh: Meanwhile turkey in fridge for when my boy needs a snack  :rofl: :rofl:

It looks like Star and Sabrina may soon escape this mad house.

Love it! :evillaugh: And that is truly wonderful news about Star and Sabrina. :)

Offline Tigerlily (Allison)

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Toby
« Reply #4199 on: January 18, 2012, 08:01:34 AM »
Keeping everything crossed for Star and Sabrina  :)

It sounds like Winston is a proper hooligan  :rofl: :rofl:
http://www.cat-rescue1.co.uk/

RIP Simba ~ 16/04/02
RIP Tiger ~ 25/08/02
RIP Lily ~ 03/04/10
RIP Molly ~ 04/11/16
Always in my thoughts, forever in my heart

If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I would walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4198 on: January 17, 2012, 12:17:52 PM »

I was thinking the same Carol  :wow:  (Carol and I used to have chats about these two babies)  ;)

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4197 on: January 17, 2012, 11:53:52 AM »
 :wooooo: Star and Sabrina probably going to their forever home.  I'll save the dancing bananas until it happens but that is the best news I've had for ages.  :)

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4196 on: January 17, 2012, 11:43:06 AM »
Oooh, how exciting for them  :wow: :wow: :wow: Have you told them yet?  :naughty:

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4195 on: January 17, 2012, 11:35:25 AM »

Now that is the best news ever  :wow: Just can't believe they've been waiting so long. Have they been reserved?

Its looking almost certain, we just dont know when they will be off. 

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4194 on: January 17, 2012, 11:27:23 AM »

Now that is the best news ever  :wow: Just can't believe they've been waiting so long. Have they been reserved?

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4193 on: January 17, 2012, 11:22:47 AM »
Now where's Winstons turkey....? ;)

If he doesnt learn to behave himself he will find himself trussed up and joining a freezer full at Tescos  :evillaugh: I am just not used to a kitten opening up strange programmes on the computer that I have not discovered,he even opened facebook,he is currently trying to use my phone whilst stood in my nebuliser,no he has discovered a gas pipe besides the fire. This isnt a timid kitten but a confident monster who knows what he wants and how to get it, he has somehow become boss and me slave, I need to find someone mad enough to adopt him, O well vet tomorrow for 2nd jab so hopefully he will get rusty blunt needle  :evillaugh: Meanwhile turkey in fridge for when my boy needs a snack  :rofl: :rofl:

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4192 on: January 17, 2012, 10:38:22 AM »
Olly is ace. :) And quite right too, people ignoring him is clearly not acceptable. :evillaugh: Now where's Winstons turkey....? ;)

Offline nickynoo93

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Charlie, Poppy, Wordy and Ollie. RIP Bridge Baby Harry. x
« Reply #4191 on: January 17, 2012, 08:53:19 AM »
Winston you  lucky boy, I got sum roast chicken from my grandma.
Wordy.

Olly is a brave boy, he definately in the best place. Nicky

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4190 on: January 17, 2012, 06:58:36 AM »

Think you have to face facts, Teresa - Winston wants turkey.  If he don't get it, the dining chairs will.......  :doh: :evillaugh:

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4189 on: January 16, 2012, 17:07:18 PM »
At risk of making you cry again, T, I think Olly was spot on when he (she  :evillaugh: ) decided you'd do.  :hug:

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4188 on: January 16, 2012, 15:50:15 PM »
I have been reading the story of when Olly first came to us and couldnt even walk,looking at old pics of him reduced me to a blubbering wreck http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,11676.0.html.
We were amazed to find that Megan is 9 years old,we thought she looked so much younger, amazingly Olly is 9 years old now,

Think I may have a problem and am too scared to look, Winston has been out and about and I could hear scratching behind me, our dining table with leather chairs cost 1500, I think Winston may have killed his first chair.

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4187 on: January 16, 2012, 15:24:35 PM »
Good stuff that meccano.  ;)  Mind you, it should be for what it cost.  Olly is one lucky boy to have found his way to Paws Inn.

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4186 on: January 16, 2012, 15:22:02 PM »
What a wonderful story, T and another attestation to your love and care. (And he's as cute as pie  :Luv2: )

Sorry about poor Andrew, he stole 5 years that would otherwise not have been his, thanks to you and Ann.  :hug: :hug:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4185 on: January 16, 2012, 15:11:02 PM »
Bless him - he's a different cat altogether.   :Luv:  Quite right too that he should draw pointed attention to the rudeness of your visitors for ignoring him so.   :-: 

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4184 on: January 16, 2012, 15:08:30 PM »
Olly has been at it again, its amazing how much has been achieved by this boy who was destined for pts 4 years ago,thought I would dig his old pics out for fun.
The outside one was taken minutes ago.

Phoned vet and Megans results could take up to 2 weeks.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4183 on: January 16, 2012, 11:40:01 AM »
 :evillaugh: :evillaugh:

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4182 on: January 16, 2012, 11:34:43 AM »
Ello Wordy Winston ere,now i az gotta be quick before old bot comes back; I az got turkey an you can az som if you come and breaks me out of zis Pen
Best Wishes
Winston
ps bring file and fud  :rofl: :rofl:

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4181 on: January 16, 2012, 11:11:04 AM »
Yes Olly has been escorting me down to the summerhouse on a regular basis of late.  ;)   First time I caught sight of him out of the corner of my eye when I was in there I nearly had a fit because I thought one of the kitties had escaped even though I knew they couldn't have.  :shocked:

Ever since my visit to Paws Inn last week Bunty and Biggles have had a consuming interest in my utility room.  As soon as I open the door they're in there and I have trouble getting them out.  Yesterday I found Bunty balancing on top of the coat rack which was already coming away from the wall due to overload even before she did that.   :Crazy:  I found out why when I was supervising their outdoor playtime and put my hands in my fleece pockets because it was cold. What did I find?  The handful of Paws Inn bribery biscuits that I handn't needed to use to get the the Holy Terrors back in their pen now there are only 2 of them.  :rofl:  I caved in and let them have them but it was a mistake.  Bunty, Biggles and biscuits (especially Royal Canin which they love) do not go well together.  :sick:

Link to CatChat