Author Topic: Paws Inn Updates  (Read 790821 times)

Offline Tigerlily (Allison)

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Toby
Re: Paws Inn Updates
« Reply #4020 on: December 13, 2011, 08:02:11 AM »
Also sending lots of positive vibes for little Ellie  :hug:
http://www.cat-rescue1.co.uk/

RIP Simba ~ 16/04/02
RIP Tiger ~ 25/08/02
RIP Lily ~ 03/04/10
RIP Molly ~ 04/11/16
Always in my thoughts, forever in my heart

If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I would walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #4019 on: December 13, 2011, 07:08:50 AM »
Sending tons and oodles of positive vibes for Ellie's op today.   :hug: :hug:

And well done young Winston.   ;)

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #4018 on: December 12, 2011, 21:02:38 PM »
Good job Barnaby has found a new home as have been torturing myself with wanting to give him a home then all the reasons why it's not practical for me to adopt him!

Hope little Ellie's op goes OK :care:

boo for cat racists.

Boo indeed!

Offline CarolM (Wendolene)

• Royal Cat
  • Korky: June 1992 - 19/10/2009
  • Slave to: Bunty and Biggles
« Reply #4017 on: December 12, 2011, 19:46:07 PM »
Sending lots of positive vibes for Ellie.  :hug:   Good job she found her way to Paws Inn.

Glad to see that Winston is improving.  :hug:

Offline AliCat

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Tachi and Akamaru.
« Reply #4016 on: December 12, 2011, 18:58:28 PM »
Keeping my fingers crossed for Ellie.

Yay for enormous poop and boo for cat racists.

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
« Reply #4015 on: December 12, 2011, 18:53:35 PM »
New girl now called Ellie has been kept in vets for operation tomorrow, we were right about hernia which vet says is life threatening as her intestine is popping out, just a shame we cant spay her at same time but she hasnt done her time with us as so we need to exercise  caution.

Winston making great progress and has just done enormous poop  :rofl:

All else well.

Offline Ann Clarke (Tabby cat)

• Super Cat
  • Dylan 1999 (approx) - 26/12/09. Love you forever.
    • Gateshead CP
  • Slave to: Hobbes and Luna
« Reply #4014 on: December 12, 2011, 13:12:09 PM »
So annoying when people mess you about  >:( our homing officer has had a lot of that lately and it is such a waste of your valuable and limited time. Certainly not the right type of people to be honoured with a Paws Inn babe.

Great news about the homes but sad about the little one with the hernia, hope the vet can sort her out and make her more comfy.

Very glad to hear Young Winston is eating again, sending him gentle snuzzles and Luna says he needs to eat up his fud to get big and strong like she did when she was a very little baby and had lost her mummy. She also confirms that sitting on chests paddling is "da bestest fing ever for making you feel better"  :Luv2: :Luv2:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #4013 on: December 12, 2011, 07:08:22 AM »
Aw, Barnaby got his Forever home too....!    :wow:

Shame about the couple with the grays/tabbies wish list.   Poor Fifi and Big Harry.  Very sad for them, but then I hope they get someone absolutely terrific to take them home.

Sending gentle ear rubs for Young Winston, and also for the new pud with the hernia.  Poor little scrap. 

Meanwhile, sending lots of hugs for you Aunty T.   :hug: :hug: :hug:

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4012 on: December 11, 2011, 19:11:22 PM »
 :bum: to the couple who messed you about.  Why can't people be up front about what they want instead of stringing you along and wasting youir time and effort.   >:(

I didn't think Barnaby would hang around for long bless him.  :Luv2:

Hope the vet can do something to make the new the kitten more comfortable.  Sending her and Winston lots of these :cuddle:  :cuddle:  :cuddle: and not forgetting :hug:  :hug:  :hug: for you T.

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4011 on: December 11, 2011, 18:32:31 PM »
I was disgusted with a couple who came today, I had wasted time doing homecheck etc because they said they were interested in 2 of my holy terrors Fifi and Big Harry, both black, Debbie took them out to view only to be told they wanted the greys or tabbies,they refused to look at the others and so left empty handed, good riddance I say.

Barnaby went to his new home as did Emily and Dickybow so thats 3 less, thought I had emptied a Pen but within haf an hour it was occupied by a kitten approx 15-16 weeks old,she has the biggest hernia I have ever seen and appears uncomfortable with it so yet another trip to the vet tomorrow.

Young Winston is eating again, very small meals but enough to stop us worrying; his favourite place seems to be lay on a human chest paddy pawing,he really is special.

Debbie has spent hours out playing with all the inmates and even had Chelsea sat on her knee purring. All in all a good day.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4010 on: December 11, 2011, 15:34:47 PM »
:get well: Winston :care:

Good news about the four little ones who will be in their new homes in time for Christmas  :)

Offline AliCat

• Super Cat
« Reply #4009 on: December 11, 2011, 12:49:35 PM »
 :hug: for Winston. Hope he starts eating again soon.

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4008 on: December 10, 2011, 22:47:07 PM »
Sending a big  :hug:  for Winston and lots of 'eat your food so you'll grow up big and strong' vibes.

Well done on the re-homing.  I'll try to get over and say my farewells to the lovely Charlie before he leaves.  :Luv2:

Hope your chill is better T and you're keeping warm and snug - althoughit doesn't sound like it with vet visits. :hug:

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4007 on: December 10, 2011, 19:12:26 PM »
Young Winston has been to the vets today as he doesn`t want to eat anything, he`s had another anti-biotic injection and been given sensitivity diet as vet said kitten food is too rich and causes toxicity malnourished kittens. No temp, nice solid poop and he is playing but we are syringing lectade to make sure he doesnt dehydrate.
Good news 4 kittens have been reserved, Dickybow and Emily are off tomorrow and then Charlie and Fred later in the week.

Offline Frances

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Christopher, Eleanor and George; RIP James
« Reply #4006 on: December 10, 2011, 14:33:16 PM »
Are you tempted to make it a Paws Inn trio Frances?  :naughty:

I'm already outnumbered  :Crazy:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4005 on: December 09, 2011, 18:40:02 PM »
Fingers crossed for the viewings, you seem to do very well with repeat rehomings. On that note...

I can confirm that Winston is another Paws charmer  :Luv: .  He not only has ball-batting skills, he can also bunny-kick a small cube into submission.

Are you tempted to make it a Paws Inn trio Frances?  :naughty:

Offline Frances

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Christopher, Eleanor and George; RIP James
« Reply #4004 on: December 09, 2011, 16:03:43 PM »
I can confirm that Winston is another Paws charmer  :Luv: .  He not only has ball-batting skills, he can also bunny-kick a small cube into submission.

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4003 on: December 09, 2011, 13:23:20 PM »
Oooh fingers crossed for lots of successful rehomings.  :yesss:  :yesss:  :yesss:  Charlie is such a gentle soul he'll be fine with Vanity - not sure about Fred though - there's no telling what he might want to do.  :evillaugh:  :naughty:

Hope you have somebody to help when the couples come - don't want you going out in the cold again.  :hug:  Sending lots of go away nasty chill vibes from me and Biggles and from Bunty who has just had a swing from the chandelier-type light fitting in the lounge.  :rofl:

Stair lift - hmmmmmmmmmm 30 days doesn't sound promising for before Christmas then but a big improvement on 'could take 6 months'

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4002 on: December 09, 2011, 12:56:39 PM »
 :evillaugh: :evillaugh:  I had a sneaky feeling......  :Luv:  Well, all I can say is i don't think she'll go wrong with those two - as long as they respect their elders and betters (poor Vanity - she won't know what hit her!  It'll be like transporting her back to her younger days....)

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4001 on: December 09, 2011, 12:53:54 PM »
Think I better own up and say that 2 of the kittens being viewed are Bad hair day Charlie and cannibal Fred, I have already broken the news to Julie,the lady who wants them adopted the dreaded Vanity, now Vanity was here 8 years yes 8 whole years as she had such an attitude problem, now 18years old Vanity is deaf and a lovely girl and as Vanity is grey I know the boys will blend in purrfectly  :rofl:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4000 on: December 09, 2011, 12:43:29 PM »
Fab news about Olly's park and ride, and bet Winston is so made up with his new tree and bauble.   :evillaugh:
Hope everything goes really well with the re-homing - you have so many beauties to choose from, and one rather special little oddball who I've always loved bless his heart, and who is I feel uber beautiful.  :Luv2:

I didn't speed read the bit about you having caught a chill.  Oh no - I see'd that bit, good and proper.    :shocked:   I was gonna give you the old waggley finger, but realised it would be no use, so instead I asked MacBeenz what to do and he says "Squeeeewheeeewheeeewheeeee Annie T!!!"      Got that?   :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #3999 on: December 09, 2011, 12:37:25 PM »
Think I must have caught a bit of a chill when out trapping but somehow Winston has his Christmas tree complete with lights. He really is a darling boy,greets you with a hiss and shouts like crazy if he wants something  :rofl:
Finally got news on Olly`s Christmas present his park and ride system more commonly known as stair lift,work will be completed within 30 days  :rofl: :rofl: considering we`ve waited since May ...  :rofl:
I am hoping that 6 of the kittens will be in new homes before Christmas, homing is generally finished now till January but I have 3 carefully selected couples booked to come over the weekend each wanting pairs and of course we are hoping Gigi`s new owner will soon be well enough to take her so that could be 7 lucky ones.

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #3998 on: December 09, 2011, 07:38:52 AM »
Aww, just look at him  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

Thanks for the pics Teresa  :)

RIP Simba ~ 16/04/02
RIP Tiger ~ 25/08/02
RIP Lily ~ 03/04/10
RIP Molly ~ 04/11/16

If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I would walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3997 on: December 09, 2011, 07:00:11 AM »
 :wow:  Look at his little face!   That really warms the heart.   :)

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
Paws Inn Updates
« Reply #3996 on: December 08, 2011, 18:53:37 PM »
So lovely to see him playing like a little kitten should :) Not guilty on the toy front, although I may have slipped the Dreamies in by accident :naughty: Sending you a PM...

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #3995 on: December 08, 2011, 18:26:34 PM »
Winston has been playing today, you can quite clearly see just how good he is at batting his ball.
The postman brought a special toy and some dreamies from someone wonderful, we think they came from Milton K so thankyou Aunty Helen, Winston has been playing with the toy and dreamies saved for older kittens. Will get pics when I can.
Winston also found out he has another wonderful friend, Aunty Francis came to meet him, he looks so much happier though he  can still hiss.

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #3994 on: December 08, 2011, 08:50:18 AM »
I have told Winston he will never be hurt again and will want for nothing.

Aww Teresa, that brought a tear to my eye  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: Winston is a lucky lad  :)

Totally agree Teresa   :hug: :hug:

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #3993 on: December 08, 2011, 08:16:02 AM »
I have told Winston he will never be hurt again and will want for nothing.

Aww Teresa, that brought a tear to my eye  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: Winston is a lucky lad  :)

RIP Simba ~ 16/04/02
RIP Tiger ~ 25/08/02
RIP Lily ~ 03/04/10
RIP Molly ~ 04/11/16

Offline Jiji

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Algernon & Noodle
« Reply #3992 on: December 08, 2011, 08:13:00 AM »
Pleased the gorgeous Winston seems to be settling in well  :Luv2:  It is so very sad about his littermate but if the lady who phoned you had not found it's poor little body Winston may well have met with the same fate as well  :( :hug:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3991 on: December 08, 2011, 07:14:56 AM »
Ah Teresa, miracles do happen, especially at this time of year, and you worked another one getting this little chap safe.  It's so sad about his littermate, but he or she is at least not forgotten, and hasn't passed without being mourned.

And I think Winston is a very splendid name for the little feller.   :)  Especially if he's gonna get a Christmas tree  ;D  Anna warm bed.  Anna full tum.  An'free frends!   :wow:

How good is that from the beginning of the week?   :hug: :hug:

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #3990 on: December 07, 2011, 20:46:25 PM »
Little Newboy is much more relaxed today and he gave Debbie a special treat - the first PURR, I got the first tummy tickle though.
He generally greets people with a hiss but he is pleased that he now has a name - Winston, he has a warm bed,a full tummy  and 3 friends to cuddle him. hopefully tomorrow he will have a Christmas tree; yes I have told Winston he will never be hurt again and will want for nothing.He has used his litter tray ,just needed a little soil to start him off. He is so very special just wish with all my heart that his littermate had survived.

Offline CatGirl

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #3989 on: December 07, 2011, 14:06:52 PM »
Isn't he a little love. :Luv:

Offline Ann Clarke (Tabby cat)

• Super Cat
  • Dylan 1999 (approx) - 26/12/09. Love you forever.
    • Gateshead CP
  • Slave to: Hobbes and Luna
« Reply #3988 on: December 07, 2011, 12:39:20 PM »
Don't get on here so much at the moment but had to check in to see what had happened with this little one and so pleased he is safe in your care now T. He is absolutely gorgeous and thank goodness no major harm done.  :censored: to the people who threw them away like rubbish.

Liz hope you have success with your traps too  :hug:

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #3987 on: December 07, 2011, 07:50:38 AM »
Wonder woman strikes again  :wow: Well done Teresa  :hug: Your new arrival looks like a little poppet  :Luv: :Luv:

RIP Simba ~ 16/04/02
RIP Tiger ~ 25/08/02
RIP Lily ~ 03/04/10
RIP Molly ~ 04/11/16

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3986 on: December 07, 2011, 07:06:59 AM »
He's beautiful Teresa.  Looks like a fiesty little un.   :) :hug:

Offline Baggy

• Hero Cat
« Reply #3985 on: December 06, 2011, 20:59:05 PM »
What a relief, well done and hope your new inmate settles in quickly  :Luv2:

Offline Jiji

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Algernon & Noodle
« Reply #3984 on: December 06, 2011, 20:39:22 PM »
So pleased you managed to trap him and he is now safe at the Inn  :)

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #3983 on: December 06, 2011, 20:04:32 PM »
So pleased you managed to save him  ;D  :hug: Really hope a special 5 star home can be found for him to make up for his appalling start to life :care:

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #3982 on: December 06, 2011, 19:34:48 PM »
What a tiny little beauty!  :Luv2: :Luv2:  Thank God you've got him, T  :hug: :hug:

Offline AliCat

• Super Cat
« Reply #3981 on: December 06, 2011, 19:21:55 PM »
Just caught up with this. It certainly sounds like you are wonder woman to me.

It's horrifying to think someone could do that to a poor defenceless creature. 

He certainly is a gorgeous little mite!

Link to CatChat