Author Topic: Paws Inn Updates  (Read 790650 times)

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
Re: Paws Inn Updates
« Reply #3380 on: August 03, 2011, 06:53:05 AM »
Morning Teresa.  Hoping Baby Bea takes a few more strides towards cuddling today to keep up her brave work of yesterday (and yours  :evillaugh::hug: :hug:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #3379 on: August 02, 2011, 17:31:56 PM »
 :wow: :wow: :wow:

Offline CarolM (Wendolene)

• Royal Cat
  • Korky: June 1992 - 19/10/2009
  • Slave to: Bunty and Biggles
« Reply #3378 on: August 02, 2011, 16:34:38 PM »
 Well done T - you'll soon have Bea eating out of your hand.  :Luv2:

Give Chelsea some head butts from me and OH.

Any more success with rehoming?

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
« Reply #3377 on: August 02, 2011, 16:29:51 PM »
Baby Bea just gave me her belly to stroke  :Luv: I decided she really needed a cuddle and gently lifted her with both hands, I held her to me and there she stayed purring for about 10 seconds before she gently jumped back into her bed , we are well on the way :yayyy:
Think Chelsea is getting jealous  :rofl:

Offline Tigerlily (Allison)

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Toby
« Reply #3376 on: August 02, 2011, 12:10:34 PM »
Teresa, with all the care she's getting I'm sure it won't be long before Bea realises that a cuddle is exactly what she needs  :Luv:
http://www.cat-rescue1.co.uk/

RIP Simba ~ 16/04/02
RIP Tiger ~ 25/08/02
RIP Lily ~ 03/04/10
RIP Molly ~ 04/11/16
Always in my thoughts, forever in my heart

If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I would walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #3375 on: August 02, 2011, 11:50:02 AM »
Claire simply post photos and any words to us with £1 per entry, you know the address.

Sue Thankyou  :hug: might I suggest you buy Mac a piggy so he doesnt need to use his jim jam pockets  :rofl: :rofl:

Baby Bea has had a big fuss this morning so much so I have abandoned all my work and am now way behind, if open day isnt done right I will blame Bea  :rofl: I cant help it,this little girl has got to me in a big way, she needs to be cuddled but doesnt realise it yet.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3374 on: August 02, 2011, 06:51:16 AM »
Sadly, I won't be able to make this weekend either, but I raided the pockets of Mac's stripey little jim-jams, and a small donation is on its way in our stead.   :)

Offline Daisymac

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • Slave to: Daisy, Polly Lollypop Legs, Harry, Rosie Growler, Teabag, Gracie Dirty Face, Ruby Red Drawers, Picalli Polkadot Pants, Junior Officer Ripley, Kenny Kitten, Millie The Milster
« Reply #3373 on: August 01, 2011, 19:05:08 PM »
Thanks for the link Helen,  saved me looking all over,  I did think I would be able to make the open day,  but sadly my back is quite painful at the moment,  dont think I would be able to sit down for the whole journey,  after my op I will be up and cat napping two beauties for my landlady  ;)   I have paid the entry fee for me and my Paws Inn Boys,  I would love a photo in the Paws Inn book so T if you could let me know how to get these to you that would be great xx

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #3372 on: August 01, 2011, 17:11:20 PM »
A shameless bump for this, I'm sure a lovely day will be had by all  :)

Paws Inn are holding our summer open day on 6th August 2011 from 1pm tp 5pm and we are opening our doors to supporters for the final time to thank everyone for all their help and contributions over the last 20 years.

It is with great sadness and after much soul searching that we have to announce that we have now closed our doors to new residents and we will fully close once we have found perfect homes for all our remaining guests. We need to continue fundraising to support our current residents until that time. 

It is time that Teresa and Rob had a rest from caring for cats and spent some well deserved time to themselves. We thought that an open day would be the perfect way to celebrate all the lives that have been saved by the Inn over the years and give supporters a chance to share their stories (and maybe think about adopting another cat!).

As always, the open day will include a few fundraising treats for attendees.  This will include a Paws Inn Visitor Book where the slaves of former Paws Inn residents can pay £1 and have the chance to include a photo of their gorgeous cat and some words about them.  This will be a living memory of all the thousands of cats that owe their lives to the Inn. Please don't forget to bring a photo!

A delicious Paws Inn afternoon tea is included in the admission charge.

If you would like to visit then please email pawsinn@aol.com for contact details and directions.

Admission is £5 for adults and £2.50 for children (includes afternoon tea).

We look forward to seeing you or if you can't make it then a donation would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks
Paws Inn Cat Rescue, Weaverham

If you would like to donate/purchase tickets in advance then paypal/card payment info is here: http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,31309.msg673061.html#msg673061

Offline Daisymac

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • Slave to: Daisy, Polly Lollypop Legs, Harry, Rosie Growler, Teabag, Gracie Dirty Face, Ruby Red Drawers, Picalli Polkadot Pants, Junior Officer Ripley, Kenny Kitten, Millie The Milster
« Reply #3371 on: August 01, 2011, 16:13:55 PM »
The T magic strikes again,   loving this thread at the moment,  the old T is definitely back and kicking,  you are never happier are you than when you are caring for cats,  I bet by the time Baby Bea leaves the inn for her new home she will be the softest cutest little thing.  I dont know how you do it T,  but 1000's of cats are glad you do and so are we  :hug: :hug:

Offline CatGirl

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #3370 on: August 01, 2011, 11:24:04 AM »
Please look after ,yourself Teresa,she looks a little love. :Luv:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3369 on: August 01, 2011, 10:44:16 AM »
 :evillaugh: :evillaugh:  The magic of Aunty T's tender care  :hug:

Offline Kirst

• Moderating Staff
  • Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Beavis , Jerry , Gizmo , Stevie and Fredcat
« Reply #3368 on: August 01, 2011, 09:35:44 AM »
 :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #3367 on: August 01, 2011, 09:31:58 AM »
I`ve had a lovely time calming Baby Bea this morning,we are already at full body strokes and I am allowed to put my fingers to her mouth without being bitten. Rob came into pens and watched me in sheer disbelief as she is a true hisspit, I showed him how to approach her with her tiny toy cat which she loves and soon he was stroking her I think maybe his eyes were leaking  :rofl: She is one very special little one.

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
« Reply #3366 on: July 31, 2011, 23:20:21 PM »
 :Luv: :Luv: two gorgeous babes arrived at the Inn to wonderful loving care  :Luv: :Luv: 

We know they are gonna have a wonderful life from now on  ;D ;D

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline Schmew

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #3365 on: July 31, 2011, 21:52:05 PM »
Crikey! Just catching up after a week away and can't believe what you've been up to Teresa!!! Well done you though, and what a lovely little kitten she you have there. Also a very scrummy stray with a fancy breed name. Really glad you're sounding bright and chirpy (even though you have everyone worried about you while you're out crawling under hedges  :evillaugh: )
Looking forward to the open day and see you soon x

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #3364 on: July 31, 2011, 20:36:37 PM »
Oh I'm so impressed - have popped a little something in a Paypal donation for her rehab. x  :hug:
Thankyou have sent you a pm

Offline Tigerlily (Allison)

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Toby
« Reply #3363 on: July 31, 2011, 19:27:52 PM »
Teresa, she's absolutely adorable  :Luv:
http://www.cat-rescue1.co.uk/

RIP Simba ~ 16/04/02
RIP Tiger ~ 25/08/02
RIP Lily ~ 03/04/10
RIP Molly ~ 04/11/16
Always in my thoughts, forever in my heart

If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I would walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
« Reply #3362 on: July 31, 2011, 11:10:54 AM »
Oh I'm so impressed - have popped a little something in a Paypal donation for her rehab. x  :hug:

Offline Kirst

• Moderating Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #3361 on: July 31, 2011, 11:00:50 AM »
Yay - she is a real cutie and I am sure she will be a proper little purr pot before very long! :Luv2:

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #3360 on: July 31, 2011, 11:00:23 AM »
So we have another little girl Aunty T and she is purring already ;D  Another baby safe under the Paws Inn banner who doesn't like Uncle Robb but is purring up a storm for her rescuer ;D

Again Aunty T and feral magic combined on one place ;D
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #3359 on: July 31, 2011, 10:55:26 AM »
Have been out and stroked her until she purred yes a deep beautiful Purr, she did try to bite on several occasions but managed to gently take her scruff and look under her tail, she is a little Girlie. When I approached again she hissed and spat and said enough for now, but this little one will come round, I am so happy.

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #3358 on: July 31, 2011, 09:17:44 AM »
I think kitten must have spent most of the night practising the hissing song  :rofl: currently lying on pen floor between bed and litter tray which has been used numerous times. All food eaten and all kitten milk drunk, which is good because she needs fattening up, she is quite longhaired so looks fatter than she really is.

Rob cleaned her out this morning and says she is an attacker  :rofl: ferals normally back away but the worse lunge forward, we are certainly going to have to work hard.
Will go out later and take her the lovely scratching post Julie bought for her yesterday and the toys Debbie bought her, didnt give her the post yesterday until we knew she was going to use litter tray.
I slept without worry last night.

Offline Jiji

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Algernon & Noodle
« Reply #3357 on: July 31, 2011, 08:19:00 AM »
Well done Teresa and Debbie, another little one safe at Paws Inn  ;D

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3356 on: July 31, 2011, 06:51:00 AM »
Well done Aunty T!!  :wow:  Baby pud is gorgeous.   ;D  And so are you missus.  I think all of us know how much it means to you getting "back in the saddle"  :cuddle:

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #3355 on: July 30, 2011, 22:02:36 PM »
Oh my what a gorgeous little ball of fluff, he/she is a very special baby as it seems to have given Aunty T a focus and purpose she was perhaps missing all I can say is Aunty T you are a star ;D

Now you have both been defleaed you can rest easy knowing the Paws Inn magic is working and yet another baby is safe with a wonderful future :Luv: :Luv:

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
« Reply #3354 on: July 30, 2011, 21:54:32 PM »
Oh Teresa he/she is beautiful. I'm sure a little TLC is all he/she needs Ithink a She aswell).  :Luv2:

I don't know your situation, need to read back a bit I guess, but you deserve a furry medal for this one - WELL DONE!  :hug:

Offline Guest

• Hero Cat
« Reply #3353 on: July 30, 2011, 21:33:44 PM »
T, That is exactly why you are our hero (not the fleas!!)

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #3352 on: July 30, 2011, 21:17:36 PM »
Our hero again xxx

Indeed not, today has been selfish on my part, I have enjoyed being useful again and I cant begin to tell you what joy I have knowing this little one is safe. I will confess that for weeks on end I have been so ill and so lonely and missed going out and helping our furry felines. I feel as if the old T has come back, I know thats impossible but I can dream, I can fight and I can care. Paws Inn is going to close but I will never refuse a really desperate case.

Just had my bath and lost count of how many fleas were doing breaststroke  :rofl: think I`m clean now  :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Guest

• Hero Cat
« Reply #3351 on: July 30, 2011, 20:34:46 PM »
Our hero again xxx

NOW REST!!!

Offline nickynoo93

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Charlie, Poppy, Wordy and Ollie. RIP Bridge Baby Harry. x
« Reply #3350 on: July 30, 2011, 20:26:34 PM »
Well done on the trapping, gorgeous kitten, and fleas too aren't you lucky!!  :)

Take special care of yourself tonight, and have a rest.

Nicky

Offline CarolM (Wendolene)

• Royal Cat
  • Korky: June 1992 - 19/10/2009
  • Slave to: Bunty and Biggles
« Reply #3349 on: July 30, 2011, 19:58:20 PM »
Oh T you are a star and so is Debbie.   :hug:  :hug:  :hug:   That kitten is beautiful and it breaks my heart to think that 3 more like that were pts.  I so hope that she learns to trust.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3348 on: July 30, 2011, 18:40:36 PM »
oh t well done on getting her now take care of yourself

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #3347 on: July 30, 2011, 17:53:50 PM »
I'm so pleased you got her but hope that will be an end to your trapping expeditions please!  :hug: Fingers crossed she will learn to trust people :care:

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #3346 on: July 30, 2011, 17:14:25 PM »
Well we have applied Stronghold and settled kitten into a Pen, dont think I have ever seen so many fleas  :rofl: Kitten is terrified beyond belief and has a good hiss and leap up with all 4 legs movement if you attempt to get near so have not sexed yet but think a female , think 8 weeks ish but could be older.
Currently lying in litter tray after I put my hand in bed side to try and touch, so leaving to chill out now.
I will sleep tonight and I guess poor Debbie will she been scrubbing for last couple of hours  :rofl:

Offline Kirst

• Moderating Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #3345 on: July 30, 2011, 16:46:00 PM »
Glad she is safe with you - now have a good cry and give yourself a huge pat on the back. :hug: :hug:

Offline Steff - Petsearch Bedford HQ

• Hero Cat
  • Mummy to Six!!
    • Petsearch Bedford - Facebook Group
  • Slave to: Bourneville, Marble, Soap, Tyson, TT and Esco (the Staffie)
« Reply #3344 on: July 30, 2011, 15:02:21 PM »
Amazing Aunty T, well done you!!

Have a good cry and a cuppa and a hug with some of those gorgeoys furbabes of yours. We can wait for piccies. Just have a little rest  :hug: :hug: :hug:
Stephanie Novell
Lost & Found Coordinator
Petsearch UK - Bedford HQ

Offline Ann Clarke (Tabby cat)

• Super Cat
  • Dylan 1999 (approx) - 26/12/09. Love you forever.
    • Gateshead CP
  • Slave to: Hobbes and Luna
« Reply #3343 on: July 30, 2011, 14:33:01 PM »
So glad you still have the trapping talent and have this little one safe at Paws Inn :hug:

Now please sit down, have a cup of tea and a good cry and come back when you are feeling stronger sending some Clan purrs and woofs for their favourite Aunty T  :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

What Liz said  ;D look forward to more info when you are ready  :hug: :hug:

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #3342 on: July 30, 2011, 14:25:10 PM »
So glad you still have the trapping talent and have this little one safe at Paws Inn :hug:

Now please sit down, have a cup of tea and a good cry and come back when you are feeling stronger sending some Clan purrs and woofs for their favourite Aunty T  :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #3341 on: July 30, 2011, 14:19:54 PM »

Really busy at minute but just wanted to let you know that this little one is safe with us, I need a good cry.
More info and pics later

Link to CatChat