Author Topic: Paws Inn Updates  (Read 790818 times)

Offline Tagalong

• Senior Cat
Re: Paws Inn Updates
« Reply #2420 on: February 07, 2011, 21:33:47 PM »
Well I had a fantastic day at the Inn on Saturday but sadly forgot my camera so cant show you any pics  :-[

oh  >:( ;D I was hoping for Dinky pics -never mind you'll have to go back again ;)
Valerie and all my pets

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
« Reply #2419 on: February 07, 2011, 20:58:00 PM »
Plus another human and another pud?

Offline Daisymac

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • Slave to: Daisy, Polly Lollypop Legs, Harry, Rosie Growler, Teabag, Gracie Dirty Face, Ruby Red Drawers, Picalli Polkadot Pants, Junior Officer Ripley, Kenny Kitten, Millie The Milster
« Reply #2418 on: February 07, 2011, 20:51:40 PM »
Well I had a fantastic day at the Inn on Saturday but sadly forgot my camera so cant show you any pics  :-[

I met all the inmates,  have to say the tiny kittens are adorable,  I wish I could have more cats because I would so have a pair of them,  they are so friendly and so clean,  T has them all eating solids,  cleaning themselves and using the litter perfectly,   they were given a couple of new toys when I was there and they were great with them,  so lovely to see them playing and kicking the what not out of a catnip mouse !

I have to say if Kentucky wasnt already reserved I would have taken him home with me,  I have never met such a loving cat,  I was nearly in tears when the new lucky owner came to pick him up,  omg I SO wanted him,  he was huge,  but honestly the most lovely natured cat I had ever met,  got to stop gushing about him or else I will cry again  :'(,  but he has a wonderful home along with two other lovely Paws babes and his new human parents were so lovely.

T and Rob were as always amazing,  had a lovely lunch,  loads of homemade cakes and generally I felt so welcome,  I really think I want to live at the Inn,  T do you fancy 11 new inmates and a new human lodger ?

Offline CarolM (Wendolene)

• Royal Cat
  • Korky: June 1992 - 19/10/2009
  • Slave to: Bunty and Biggles
« Reply #2417 on: February 07, 2011, 19:17:41 PM »
Oooh lovely pic of Bear and Scratchy.  Bumty was one of my favourites at the Inn - so friendly (and handsome of course).  :Luv2:

Offline Lil_Scruff

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Scratchy, Bear, Busta, Bronx, Brooklyn and part-time cats Scruff, Scamp and Scrumpberry
« Reply #2416 on: February 07, 2011, 19:08:49 PM »
Just thought I'd share this pic I've just papped of my two boy cats Scratchy (R) and Bear(L). Scratchy is my only non-Paws baby but he's lovely none the less!

Bear was 'Bumty' whilst he was at the Inn. He was found dumped with two others in a recycling bin on 'bin' day during the first week in September so it's T's and my belief that the kittens were acquired as 'toys' over the long summer holiday and as soon as the kids went back to school the cats were chucked out  :(  >:(  as you can see he is semi long haired and T had to do some careful trimming round his back end when she took him in as there were a few lugs and knots hence his name.

Teresa, you do such amazing work and I can't thank you enough as all of our cats give us so much happiness  :hug:

As you can tell from the pic Bear's settled in very well with us and loves his brother very much - so much so they like to play at being Siamese twins  :evillaugh:

He gets on equally well with is two sisters who are both Paws Inn expats - recent pics of those two will appear soon!

Offline Lil_Scruff

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Scratchy, Bear, Busta, Bronx, Brooklyn and part-time cats Scruff, Scamp and Scrumpberry
« Reply #2415 on: February 05, 2011, 17:55:43 PM »
Teehee, I bet Dodger will turn out to be a right little tomboy at least.....Scamp (Chico) is here on my knee and says there's nothing wrong these days with being 'gender confused' ;)  :rofl:

Dinky is such a cute little muffin pie  :Luv:

Love the name Jip by the way - it will make a great kitten name - kinda like a mix between Pip and Jinx.

x

Offline Kirst

• Moderating Staff
  • Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Beavis , Jerry , Gizmo , Stevie and Fredcat
« Reply #2414 on: February 04, 2011, 18:42:27 PM »
Awww Dinky is just so , well , Dinky!!!! Perfect pocket size me thinks! ;)

Enjoy Claires visit - I would put money on it she doesn't leave empty handed ...................... :shify:

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #2413 on: February 04, 2011, 07:10:28 AM »

Oh - hey up - spring's in the air and Aunty T has a glint of mischief in her eye - that  male nurse had better watch out!  :evillaugh:    :hug: :hug:

I love the expression "a bit of jip" - it has a certain "does what it says on the tin" air about it.   :)  Good name for a kitten.   ;D

I knew a cat once who looked like James Cagney.  I wouldn't say he was ugly - he was very definitely "different" and had an extremely rogue-ish demeanour, but I preferred to think of him as "characterful"  - he was an old trojan, bless him.  At rainbow bridge now, and never really "belonged" to anyone, so long as we knew him, but he would happily sleep on our kitchen roof next to the chimney breast, and would come for a head rub when he saw you out.   

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
« Reply #2412 on: February 03, 2011, 19:04:57 PM »
OOps poor Dodger  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Glad things are going ok especially for all the furry purry's youve helped over the years. What a number of lucky puds!!!
On the topic of Dinky Im not sure any cat is 'ugly'
love
Tab

• Royal Cat
« Reply #2411 on: February 03, 2011, 18:28:36 PM »
............... at 6 months old poor Dodger has become a girl  :rofl: :rofl:

Oh dear   :rofl:  :rofl:   :see:  I knew that magnifying glass of my mum's would come in useful one day.  ;)

Glad all went well at the vets.

Offline Tagalong

• Senior Cat
« Reply #2410 on: February 03, 2011, 18:23:13 PM »
So pleased to hear the ops all went well .
Thanks for pic of Dinky she has changed colour in the other pic !
Valerie and all my pets

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
« Reply #2409 on: February 03, 2011, 16:25:12 PM »
I am off to the Inn on Saturday to have some much needed catch ups with T and some cuddles with the babies,  so I will try and remember my Camera  :hug: :hug:  and try and forget to take a cat basket,  Steve has said he is moving out if I get anymore cats..  erm actually,  what girls have you got available T ??   :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: cats are far less hassle than a husband

Actually Claire I have an extra female since vets phoned to say that todays 3 neuters are all fine and ready for collection, please please can someone get me a magnifying glass and pair of specsavers for Christmas, at 6 months old poor Dodger has become a girl  :rofl: :rofl:
Today Serena and Sol now renamed Psche and Eros left for their new home so Sophies 7 are now down to 3. It will seem strange waving farewell to another 3 on Sunday.After reading the plight of poor Kenny and a bum thats too big for a cat flat  :rofl: I have decided that when I do future homechecks I must measure all catflaps and bums; it does seem that Paws Inn is turning out some whoppers lately, I can only blame Royal Canin and Whiskas.
Must admit I adored the picture of Summer and Sunshine and had really expected to keep Sunshine here with me but in truth it wouldnt have been practical and I could not have provided the committment she neeeded.
The dwarfs are not really dwarfs anymore and I know I will have to keep checking Daisymacs pockets and bags all the time she is here, Saturday should be great fun, we arranged it last July with fish and chips on the beach, I think not  :rofl:
Had a male nurse here with me for over 2 hours today, he was very nice  :rofl:
Nicky your dad sounds rather like my late dad, think next male kitty I take in will be called Jip  :hug:
Val heres a pic of Dinky taken way back in september, she is more browny grey now.

Offline nickynoo93

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Charlie, Poppy, Wordy and Ollie. RIP Bridge Baby Harry. x
« Reply #2408 on: February 03, 2011, 08:21:46 AM »
Lovely to have updates, and photos too. You are an amazing lady to do what you do even though you're chest is giving you 'jip' again. 'Jip is my dads best word for anything that makes him feel rough'.

Have a good day, hope the babes are ok after their ops.

Nicky

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #2407 on: February 03, 2011, 07:22:32 AM »
his bum is now so big it gets stuck in the cat flap !   

:oh noo:

Why hush your mouth sweet child, tis just that the cat flap has shrunk!!!   (The very idea, that his bum would be that big......  :innocent:)

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2406 on: February 02, 2011, 22:42:51 PM »
5,000! What an awesome number to have helped....and you continue to do so. They all look so healthy and happy. :)

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #2405 on: February 02, 2011, 22:33:26 PM »
OMG Summer and Sunshine are sooooo cute and look so tiny!  :Luv2: :Luv2:

Dinky is beautiful!   :Luv2: :Luv2:

Offline Daisymac

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • Slave to: Daisy, Polly Lollypop Legs, Harry, Rosie Growler, Teabag, Gracie Dirty Face, Ruby Red Drawers, Picalli Polkadot Pants, Junior Officer Ripley, Kenny Kitten, Millie The Milster
« Reply #2404 on: February 02, 2011, 22:01:29 PM »

Just to clarify something, during the past 23 years over 5000 cats/kittens have passed through Paws Inn, each one has received top quality care and will continue to do so.

the 2 that live with me are wonderful,  mind you if you had kept Kenny for much longer he wouldnt have fitted in anywhere at the Inn,  his bum is now so big it gets stuck in the cat flap !  :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Lil_Scruff

• Adult Cat
« Reply #2403 on: February 02, 2011, 21:58:30 PM »
Hi T,

Just wanted to echo other's views that the pic of Summer and Sunshine is gorgeous and so heartwarming to see them in their new forever home  :hug:

Wow T, 5000 inn-mates - that is truely fantastic and you're very much an inspiration. I must come and see you soon - and all of the current inn-mates too of course!

x

Offline Kirst

• Moderating Staff
  • Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Beavis , Jerry , Gizmo , Stevie and Fredcat
« Reply #2402 on: February 02, 2011, 21:43:17 PM »
You be sure to give T a big hug from me xxxxx

Offline Daisymac

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
« Reply #2401 on: February 02, 2011, 21:29:55 PM »
I am off to the Inn on Saturday to have some much needed catch ups with T and some cuddles with the babies,  so I will try and remember my Camera  :hug: :hug:  and try and forget to take a cat basket,  Steve has said he is moving out if I get anymore cats..  erm actually,  what girls have you got available T ??   :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: cats are far less hassle than a husband

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2400 on: February 02, 2011, 20:33:44 PM »

oOooo look at all the piccies!   Every single one of them is adorable.  Dinky too.  (Sorry Teresa to mention it again, but she is  :Luv:)

5000 opportunities for perfect love and care and you've met each one head on, T.   :hug: :hug:  If you are "big-heided" (and I beg to differ) then you've every right to be.  ;)  Just don't go leavin yer vest off, wummin.  :evillaugh:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #2399 on: February 02, 2011, 20:20:39 PM »
 :thanks: for the lovely updates Carol and good to see you back Teresa  :hug:

No need for any further discusssion, I'll take big boy  :naughty:

Offline Tagalong

• Senior Cat
« Reply #2398 on: February 02, 2011, 19:11:36 PM »
meant to say glad all went well at vets today and hope all goes smoothly tomorrow too -I know it's a worry with any op on any cat but I know the added risks with  CH cats.
Valerie and all my pets

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #2397 on: February 02, 2011, 19:05:38 PM »
Tagalong  you didnt turn it, you are interested in Dinky and her condition  :hug:

Carol you know me so big headed I`m unbelievable  :rofl: :rofl: Guess I`m just a very proud meowmy.

• Royal Cat
« Reply #2396 on: February 02, 2011, 18:58:48 PM »
What a lovely picture of Summer and Sunshine.  :Luv2:  Thanks for sharing.  It must be so rewarding when you see them settled and happy like that and know that without your help it would be a very different story indeed.

Offline Tagalong

• Senior Cat
« Reply #2395 on: February 02, 2011, 18:56:37 PM »
what a lovely photo so glad they are together.
sorry I didn't mean to turn it into a 'what does Dinky look like'-just couldn't find a pic  :-[-and was a bit confused which sex Dinky was -hadn't read the old posts back far enough.
Alll your babies look very cared for to me and sorry to hear about the baby -intersusseption is horrible -RIP little one.
Valerie and all my pets

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #2394 on: February 02, 2011, 18:40:51 PM »
Carol lovely pictures and update thank you so much,think I will have to employ you as official photographer.

Frances the dwarfs have indeed doubled in size, they are simply wonderful and enjoy getting up to all sorts of mischief.

Had picture of Sunshine and Summer in their new home sent me this morning so thought I would share.

7 Kittens neutered today , all ok and happy to be home; another 3 in tomorrow including Dinky who in truth has been described as not being a pretty cat but what difference does it make as long as someone loves her, we are all different and its whats on the inside that counts and believe me inside Dinky is a very sweet loving little girl.I do find it sad that the thread has turned into a what Dinky looks like ,Tagalong I will tell you all about her when I am a little stronger.

Pincushion died on 16th January, Andy vet believes he had an intersusseption, not even a miracle could have saved him.
Just to clarify something, during the past 23 years over 5000 cats/kittens have passed through Paws Inn, each one has received top quality care and will continue to do so.

Offline Frances

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Christopher, Eleanor and George; RIP James
« Reply #2393 on: February 02, 2011, 14:03:56 PM »
Thanks for the update and photos CarolM.  I'm sooo pleased that Grace has found a new home, being rather partial to beautiful black cats myself, and that so many of the kittens have bagged a human.

The dwarfs seem to have doubled in size from when I saw them only two weeks ago! 

:)

Offline Tagalong

• Senior Cat
« Reply #2392 on: February 02, 2011, 13:32:25 PM »
totally agree - :Luv2:
think  she is an attractive colour too almost chocolatey -yum  :Luv2:
Valerie and all my pets

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #2391 on: February 02, 2011, 13:28:47 PM »
Would just like to say that anyone thinking Dinky is ugly needs a serious eye check  :Crazy: :Crazy: :Crazy:

She's beautiful  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

Offline Tagalong

• Senior Cat
« Reply #2390 on: February 02, 2011, 13:13:46 PM »
Sorry, I don't have a photo but if you go back on this thread to mid august (around page 23 I think) you will find one of Chelsea's kittens when they were very young.  There may be later ones but I'm not sure.  She is grey with some white and I think its more of a browny grey than a bluey grey, but definitely grey.  Some people think she is ugly but I don't.

found her as a baby and on page 12 -how could anyone call her ugly  :( she's a sweetheart .
Eye wise she doesn't look typical CH but it is more noticeable in some .
Is she quite small for her age ?
Valerie and all my pets

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2389 on: February 01, 2011, 20:51:51 PM »
Lovely photos... :)

Sorry to hear Pin Cushion didn't make it. :( RIP Little One.

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Tagalong

• Senior Cat
« Reply #2388 on: February 01, 2011, 18:55:16 PM »
thanks -tbh I don't know anything about how affected she is Teresa was beginning to tell me about her when she wasn't feeling so good so I don't want to be a pain  :-[
she had told me more about Sunsnhine but nothing about Dinky except she was about 5 months old -will go look at the post -thanks  :thanks:
Valerie and all my pets

• Royal Cat
« Reply #2387 on: February 01, 2011, 17:28:20 PM »
Tagalong, as far as I know Dinky's CH is no better but no worse than it was, although because she is caged its not so easy to assess.  Perhaps the vet will have something to add when she goes in for spay this week with her litter mates and the other kittens.

Sorry, I don't have a photo but if you go back on this thread to mid august (around page 23 I think) you will find one of Chelsea's kittens when they were very young.  There may be later ones but I'm not sure.  She is grey with some white and I think its more of a browny grey than a bluey grey, but definitely grey.  Some people think she is ugly but I don't. 

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
« Reply #2386 on: February 01, 2011, 16:57:18 PM »
Thanks for the photos and updates. I hope T is feeling better very soon
love
Tab

Offline Tagalong

• Senior Cat
« Reply #2385 on: February 01, 2011, 16:38:45 PM »
lovely kitties
glad to hear Sunshine is with her sister in their new home
do you have any info/update on Dinky -all I know is he /she ? is CH and blue ? I don't want to bother Teresa while she is so unwell
Valerie and all my pets

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2384 on: February 01, 2011, 16:02:22 PM »
great photos!

• Royal Cat
« Reply #2383 on: February 01, 2011, 15:39:14 PM »
and a last one for good measure

• Royal Cat
« Reply #2382 on: February 01, 2011, 15:35:23 PM »
and more...........

• Royal Cat
« Reply #2381 on: February 01, 2011, 15:33:28 PM »
I spent a lovely day at the Inn yesterday and yes, I did remember my camera and even put a memory stick in it this time.  ;D  Trouble is , I was too busy cuddling to take many pics. :innocent:  I can report that Teresa’s chest is indeed giving her ‘some jip’.  Hospital was threatened but she insisted she had to stay home to look after the dwarfs and on seeing them the respiratory team who were assessing her agreed.  So, nurse and physiotherapist come regularly to rough her up (literally – ouch) to try to clear things and she is staying positive and doing a wonderful job looking after not just the dwarfs but all the other inmates too.

And the cats……………

Re-homing has been slow, as evidenced by the fact that 10 kittens are now old enough for spay/neuter and are being ‘done’ this week – another bumper vet bill.  Kentucky ( :Luv: I want , I want) and Flora, the 2 remaining muckspots will then go to their forever home along with Grace.  Fingers crossed that it works out for her after the last disappointment when her prospective slave failed to show.  It will be a big upheaval for her what with the move and getting used to the muckspots and the 2 resident dogs.  The couple are very experienced cat people though so they’ll take it slowly.

Sol and Serena, Sophie’s 2 short-haired tabbies will also go to their forever home after the vet visit.  They too were ‘homed’ previously but the new parents changed their minds after a couple of days and swapped them for 2 of Lucy’s so fingers crossed it works out this time.

Sophie has been homed and the really good new is that Sunshine, Lucy’s lovely CH kitten has been rehomed with her sister Summer so that’s all of Lucy’s brood gone.  Lucy herself is still waiting bless her – I was tempted to pop her in my bag she’s such a friendly little soul and only a kitten herself.  :Luv2:

That leaves Annabel and her 3 ballerinas and 3 of Sophie’s litter, plus Chelsea and her 3 kittens who need special homes.  Then there’s the long timers and the ferals…. it never ends.

And now the bit you've been waiting for  ............................. the dwarfs

What can I say?  They are utterly, scrumptiously, gorgeous and  :wow: so grown up – unrecognisable from the scrawny little waifs T took in less than 4 weeks ago.  Sadly, the little grey boy Pin Cushion didn’t make it,  :'( (he got his name as a result ofinjections on his numerous vet visits) but the others are thriving and a tribute to her dedication.  I don’t normally ‘do’ very young kittens but I’m seriously in love with all of them.  :)  They used the litter tray from an early age and they even eat cleanly too – apparently they have never needed a bath (contrast with the muckspots  :rofl:).  Don’t know whether you can tell from my lousy pics (they move too fast for me  :doh:) but most have ‘ghost’ stripes which are getting more prominent, especially Big Boy c-ock-a-leakie Niagara.

« Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 15:37:35 PM by CarolM (Wendolene) »

Link to CatChat