Author Topic: Paws Inn Updates  (Read 790664 times)

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
Re: Paws Inn Updates
« Reply #2180 on: November 10, 2010, 10:34:47 AM »
   speaking of Sunshine, T, this lyric seems rather apt for Purrs without you

Ain't no sunshine when she's gone.
It's not warm when she's away.
Ain't no sunshine when she's gone
And she's always gone too long anytime she goes away.
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #2179 on: November 10, 2010, 09:47:42 AM »

Oh me little Pedro!   Thanks Teresa - it's lovely to have news of the big chap he's become.   :Luv2: :Luv2:  :hug:  Hoping that Sunshine can emulate Pedro's example.

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #2178 on: November 10, 2010, 09:40:56 AM »
Hey T, I can't add any more than everyone else has already said  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Steff - Petsearch Bedford HQ

• Hero Cat
  • Mummy to Six!!
    • Petsearch Bedford - Facebook Group
  • Slave to: Bourneville, Marble, Soap, Tyson, TT and Esco (the Staffie)
« Reply #2177 on: November 10, 2010, 09:31:17 AM »
Glad your back T and great news about Sunshine (I love that name) :D
Stephanie Novell
Lost & Found Coordinator
Petsearch UK - Bedford HQ

Offline Kirst

• Moderating Staff
  • Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Beavis , Jerry , Gizmo , Stevie and Fredcat
« Reply #2176 on: November 10, 2010, 09:21:53 AM »
Great to see you back T - oh how I did love little Pedro , I am so glad he's doing well!! :hug: :hug: :Luv2:

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #2175 on: November 10, 2010, 09:17:19 AM »
Excellent news - Pedro was a real little trooper to pull through the way he has - and clearly went to a loving home where he has been given the best possible life. well done T.

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
« Reply #2174 on: November 10, 2010, 09:14:32 AM »
Mad busy and hope to post properly later but 2 bits of news Sunshine has made it through night and looks brighter everything crossed.

2nd bit is for Aunty Suepoo," Andy vet was giving me a pick yourself up pet talk" and was harping on about some of the little miracles, I told him about Akarmaru and how wonderful his eye is now, anyway Andy had to go one better and announced I saw Pedro last night, he is a huge handsome boy now, he told me that he still has attacks about once a month but is doing just great.

Will try and post properly later and reply to all the pms  :hug: :hug:

Si

« Reply #2173 on: November 10, 2010, 08:21:32 AM »
awww bless you T. You do a wonderful job! See all you have to do is ask and I come running!  :naughty: :rofl:

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #2172 on: November 10, 2010, 06:59:30 AM »

Am so pleased Aunty Carol was able to lend a helping hand (and get some cuddling in too, no doubt!  ;) )

I've never known you give up on a battle yet, Teresa.  Too many tiny lives have benefited from your unbending care.  :hug: :hug:  Sending love to all at the Inn

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
« Reply #2171 on: November 09, 2010, 22:51:46 PM »
All my love is just being sent over to the Inn to you T, Rob and all the babes.  You have changed their lives hun and so many  :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
« Reply #2170 on: November 09, 2010, 21:22:44 PM »
TTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!
im glad to see you back I was so worried
 :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
to all at Paws Inn
love
Tab

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
« Reply #2169 on: November 09, 2010, 18:38:48 PM »
Sorry not been around,been so busy literally not had time to switch on laptop, Carol (wendolene ) came on Saturday and the poor girl was left to wash bottoms,groom longhaired kittens and goodness knows what cleaning,as well as providing a much needed shoulder for me to cry on, I do know that I couldnt have got through the day without her.
Lucys kittens  are running me ragged and I am worried sick about them, Sunshine tiny girl is not expected to live but that doesnt stop us trying, vet thinks her "plumbing" (digestive system) isnt right, like Sam she is vomitting food back and is even refusing liquid from syringe now so life is very difficult and very distressing.I will not let any animal suffer needlessly and vet agrees that keeping Sunshine going is worth the try but if she gets any worse we will pts.

Simon I am delighted to see you back young kitten Simon was told to man the Fort during your absence, afraid he didnt make me laugh once, incidentally he is the greediest and biggest of Lucys kittens and such a gentleman.I will get you pics if ever we get back to normal.

Francis  :hug: your boys are so special, we need pictures.

All for now  :hug: to everybuddy
xT

Offline Frances

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Christopher, Eleanor and George; RIP James
« Reply #2168 on: November 09, 2010, 18:16:52 PM »
You are an inspiration in most of us normal pet owners.

Simon's post says everything I'd like to say. 

jezebel's signature You can't change the world by rescuing one cat, but for that one cat you are changing its world.

You changed Christopher and James's worlds when you rescued them and they changed mine when they came to live with me.  I count that as making a difference.

:)

Offline AliCat

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Tachi and Akamaru.
« Reply #2167 on: November 09, 2010, 14:08:51 PM »
More hugs for T and the Paws Inn residents.  :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline Kirst

• Moderating Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #2166 on: November 09, 2010, 13:43:55 PM »
Keep your chin up T - and I look forward to seeing you back on here very soon. :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
« Reply #2165 on: November 09, 2010, 13:24:06 PM »
Sending heaps of  :hug: to all at the Inn -

Lovely to see you again Si - Im sure that T will really appreciate your message  :hug:
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner?  :wow:
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Ann Clarke (Tabby cat)

• Super Cat
  • Dylan 1999 (approx) - 26/12/09. Love you forever.
    • Gateshead CP
  • Slave to: Hobbes and Luna
« Reply #2164 on: November 09, 2010, 11:54:57 AM »
Just wanted to send more of my very best wishes to you T and hope that you feel less down very soon. I really don't know how you manage to do what you do but I do know how grateful all of the cats and kittens you have helped over the years are to have been found by their Auntie T. Whatever you decide to do in the future please never forget those you have done so much for both feline and human. Me, Hobbes and Luna send lots of  :hug: :hug:, purrs and kitty cuddles to a very special lady  :hug:

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2163 on: November 09, 2010, 10:38:47 AM »
.....but I am sure all at the Inn are still her top priority

That is most definitely never in any doubt. Hoping you feel less down soon, Teresa.

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #2162 on: November 09, 2010, 10:11:01 AM »
I spoke to Aunty T last week and she sounded down but I am sure all at the Inn are still her top priority

All I can say is she is a very special lady with a unique talent for helping out and having expanding walls in her home and her pens, she shares with me a very special love for ferals

So Aunty T if you are reading this all the Clan humans, cats and doggies send you special hugs, purrs and hisses from our home to all of you at the Inn :hug: :hug: :hug:
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline AllShookUp

• Senior Cat
  • R.I.P Annastasia 1994-2009
  • Slave to: Elvis & Miki-MooMoo
« Reply #2161 on: November 09, 2010, 09:37:50 AM »
 :hug: :hug: :hug:

Si

« Reply #2160 on: November 09, 2010, 08:54:47 AM »
Hey T,

I read your message yesterday and actually felt that I needed to post as you sound so down and it made me want to reactivate my account to send you a cyber hug. You are an inspiration in most of us normal pet owners. You have looked and cared for so many cats and pick up the mess of those owners that do not consider the implications of bringing even one extra kitten into the world. You do that, even tho you should probably be taking it easy. I am not sure I could ever see you giving up because I believe you have so much love for what you do, however that love, at the current time, in such a horrendous situation, is being stretched.

I think the BBC documentary that was on the other week showed how the rescues are being stretched and I am not sure how you get through each day without being tested emotionally.

All I want to say is try and keep your chin up think of the cats you help and what would be happening to the cats that are not in your care. It's a big cross to bear and I don't know how you do it but you do x 

I deeply respect all the work you do and the how you also manage to bring a smile to my face in your posts xx
« Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 09:14:45 AM by Ella & Effie »

Offline Schmew

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #2159 on: November 07, 2010, 19:06:07 PM »
Thinking of you T  :hug: Hope you and all at the Inn are well and managing to get some rest amongst feeding and cleaning.

RIP little Sam

x

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #2158 on: November 07, 2010, 12:47:55 PM »
I am sorry you have had such a bad week T, and whether or not Paws Inn opens its doors or not, think of what would have happened to the thousands of cats you have helped over the years if it weren't for you, because we all know that some of them wouldnt' have even been touched by other rescues, but you are one of the true rescues who helps cats regardless, and I wish there were more like you. I dont know many rescue people who are still so active after two decades, or have as much devotion as you do.
Please spay your cat

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
« Reply #2157 on: November 06, 2010, 10:33:35 AM »
 :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #2156 on: November 06, 2010, 07:41:18 AM »
T for every cat or kitten you have helped. For every owner who now has their beloved furry friend as a result of your actions. For every animal that has died in comfort instead of in a back alley in the pouring rain. For these you have made a difference. You are not God and can not, therefore expect success every time. Even He lucks out when people make the wrong choices.

However, I do think that after 22 years you deserve to take some time to care for yourself. So do so with our blessing if that is your choice. Personally I suspect you will be responding to the very next cry for aid and will continue doing that till you drop in your tracks.

Take care :hug: :hug:

Offline nickynoo93

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Charlie, Poppy, Wordy and Ollie. RIP Bridge Baby Harry. x
« Reply #2155 on: November 06, 2010, 07:29:41 AM »
RIP Sam, sweet dreams.

Have a rest as much as you can and enjoy your new grandchildren as well.

Lots of work for you to move them all around. You won't be any good to them knackered out.

I always read your thread, don't post on it very often, moved either to tears or laughter, you have such spirit and it shines through in everything you say. The kittens and cats in your care look so great once they've been sorted by you, and go on to have lovely lives, being spoilt by their slaves.

Keep going for the charges in your care, and find the strength to say no for your own sake.

Nicky

Offline MooCat

• Adult Cat
    • Myspace Musician
« Reply #2154 on: November 06, 2010, 03:47:31 AM »
Only found this thread last night and have read it from end to end , ive laughed , cried , but most of all been overwhelmed by the great work that youve done T , you may be at a low point on the rollercoaster at the moment but wherever it goes from here i just want to say that the world would be a much poorer place without all that youve done. :hug:
"There are many intelligent species in the universe. They are all owned by cats."

Offline ChrisB

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
  • Gizmo, Bubbles, Cleo, Daisy and Ellie
« Reply #2153 on: November 05, 2010, 22:57:47 PM »
T, So sorry to hear about little Sam  :hug:  :hug:

"You can't change the world by rescuing one cat, but for that one cat you are changing its world. "

Lovely quote Helen.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2010, 22:58:41 PM by ChrisB »
Unconditional love is hard to find unless you have a cat

Offline Lil_Scruff

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Scratchy, Bear, Busta, Bronx, Brooklyn and part-time cats Scruff, Scamp and Scrumpberry
« Reply #2152 on: November 05, 2010, 20:45:42 PM »
Truely sorry to about little Sam and to also hear that you're (understandably) feeling a bit disheartened at the moment.

Teresa, you HAVE done an awful lot of good in the world - please remember that. Every single life which you've saved is a big and momentous achievement.

x

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
« Reply #2151 on: November 05, 2010, 20:19:41 PM »
So very sorry Teress - RIP little Sam xxx

Take care of yourself and dont ever think that you dont make a difference - you have made a HUGE difference to so many cats Hun and without you so many would not have survived xxx
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner?  :wow:
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Kirst

• Moderating Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #2150 on: November 05, 2010, 20:10:47 PM »
I can only echo what the others have said - take comfort in all the good have have done and continue to do and take care of you xxxx :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline AliCat

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Tachi and Akamaru.
« Reply #2149 on: November 05, 2010, 19:15:49 PM »
So sorry to hear about little Sam.

T don't ever think you are powerless. Think of all the ones that you've helped so far.  :hug:
« Last Edit: November 05, 2010, 19:17:05 PM by AliCat - NSKN »

Offline Steff - Petsearch Bedford HQ

• Hero Cat
  • Mummy to Six!!
    • Petsearch Bedford - Facebook Group
  • Slave to: Bourneville, Marble, Soap, Tyson, TT and Esco (the Staffie)
« Reply #2148 on: November 05, 2010, 18:19:37 PM »
T, after a week of doing a tiny portion of what you have been doing for the past 22 years I can completely understand how you must feel. I feel knackered from just looking after these extra two and the attempts at catching the rest and I have been very fortunate that thus far (touch wood) they have all been healthy with no problems. Having still not caught the mum and remaining 3 kittens I feel like giving up but know I have to help them. I thought you were amazing before but now having a tiny taste of your life myself I think your superwoman...but superwoman deserves a little break too.

I think closing your doors until things settle down is a good idea just so you can recoup and also recharge your batteries.

*hugs hugs hugs* to you and RIP little Sam xxx
Stephanie Novell
Lost & Found Coordinator
Petsearch UK - Bedford HQ

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #2147 on: November 05, 2010, 17:59:10 PM »

You can't change the world by rescuing one cat, but for that one cat you are changing its world.

Brilliant quote, just says it all!

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #2146 on: November 05, 2010, 17:42:43 PM »
So sorry to hear about little Sam  :'(  :hug:

I think trigger has summed it up perfectly, I was going to post a similar thing that I saw on jezebel's signature. Just times it by several thousand cats that you've helped over the years  :hug:

You can't change the world by rescuing one cat, but for that one cat you are changing its world.

I think JS is right that you need to keep those doors firmly closed. If and when you have the strength to re-open them, then so be it but you need to look after yourself and all the little ones that are depening on you at the moment  :hug:

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2145 on: November 05, 2010, 17:36:03 PM »
:( Sorry about Sam, Teresa.

And never think you can't make a difference - you clearly have. Look at all those cats that would have had no chance without you. I think the doors might need to be closed - just for a little while though - you have so many to care for and it must be taking it's toll on you spectacularly. Those little muckspots need you to be OK, you know.

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #2144 on: November 05, 2010, 17:32:45 PM »
Teresa, i've only been on Purrs/CC about 18 months max and in that time, you've never ceased to amaze me with what you do/have done for all the furries that have come into Paws Inn. You are a wonderful person and the cat rescue world is a much better place for having you in it.
Again, i agree, Trigger has summed it up perfectly and you deserve every one of these, and more  :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Sweet dreams little Sam

Hope all the others will soon be fit and well. 

Offline Ann Clarke (Tabby cat)

• Super Cat
  • Dylan 1999 (approx) - 26/12/09. Love you forever.
    • Gateshead CP
  • Slave to: Hobbes and Luna
« Reply #2143 on: November 05, 2010, 17:11:47 PM »
I agree Trigger has said it so well. So sorry to hear about little Sam, RIP little one. Not really much I can do that will help unfortunately except let you know I am thinking about you  :hug:

Life can be  :censored: sometimes.

Offline CarolM (Wendolene)

• Royal Cat
  • Korky: June 1992 - 19/10/2009
  • Slave to: Bunty and Biggles
« Reply #2142 on: November 05, 2010, 17:02:26 PM »
I think Trigger has summed it up perfectly T.  :hug:

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #2141 on: November 05, 2010, 16:54:10 PM »
most of us don't make much difference in the grand scheme of things, T

but there are a lot of furry lives lived out in health and happiness because of you, and a lot of happy owners too

I think that counts for quite a lot :hug:
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Link to CatChat