Author Topic: Paws Inn Updates  (Read 790825 times)

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
Re: Paws Inn Updates
« Reply #2020 on: October 27, 2010, 12:28:24 PM »
mmmmmmmm lemon cake - can I go off topic and ask for the recipe? :wow:

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Ginny B.Winston, Fifi, Smartie ,Bungly,Sophie,RIP
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
« Reply #2019 on: October 27, 2010, 12:26:41 PM »
This is what I mean!
I am not saying anything about your rescue.
I am actually baffled on why you continue to have a go at me personally!
This all goes back to you not agreeing with what I posted before.
If anyone is getting bullied it's me.
Can understand why lots of people have left Purrs now!
One genuine query is all I made.
Please post the pms I sent to you on here and I will do the same, let people judge for thselves!
« Last Edit: October 29, 2010, 00:35:31 AM by bunglycat »

Online CarolM (Wendolene)

• Royal Cat
  • Korky: June 1992 - 19/10/2009
  • Slave to: Bunty and Biggles
« Reply #2018 on: October 27, 2010, 12:16:47 PM »
A cat npa is just another way of saying cat nap in case you're wondering.  :rofl:

• Royal Cat
« Reply #2017 on: October 27, 2010, 12:15:17 PM »
 :back topic:

:hug:  :hug: for Sophie and kittens.  Hope they are back on form soon.  Glad all the others are doing well and three cheers to you for getting Bonny and ALL the muckspots fit enough for homing.  What an achievement - they're sure to steel someone's heart, lets hope its sooner rather than later.  :)  And Cherry will soon be kittenless and speyed eh?   :Luv2:

Have cat npa AND a piece of lemon cake T

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
« Reply #2016 on: October 27, 2010, 12:06:25 PM »
I would like to point out the pm Teresa received was not vicious at all! I know that for a fact as it was my reply to one I got from Teresa. I am more than happy for it to be put on here .
Teresa made some allegations which I ask only if she had proof (these were not to do with me or any of my postings)
As yet I have had no reply!
I will not be made out to be sending vindictive pms!!
I am happy for anyone to see them.
I find this threat to leave laughable as it gets threatened so often and we know it won't happen but I have done nothing wrong!

Bunglycat I will not have Paws Inn spoilt by you.Please act within forum guidlines Paws Inn is a good rescue open to inspection by you or anyone.

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Ginny B.Winston, Fifi, Smartie ,Bungly,Sophie,RIP
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
« Reply #2015 on: October 27, 2010, 11:54:38 AM »
I would like to point out the pm Teresa received was not vicious at all! I know that for a fact as it was my reply to one I got from Teresa. I am more than happy for it to be put on here .
Teresa made some allegations which I ask only if she had proof (these were not to do with me or any of my postings)
As yet I have had no reply!
I will not be made out to be sending vindictive pms!!
I am happy for anyone to see them.
I find this threat to leave laughable as it gets threatened so often and we know it won't happen but I have done nothing wrong!
« Last Edit: October 29, 2010, 00:35:49 AM by bunglycat »

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #2014 on: October 27, 2010, 11:44:52 AM »
Big improvement in quality of pics on this thread recently :rofl: gorgeous pic of Lu and Riley and what can I say about those beautiful blacks, I am amazed that Scotch is in the middle after less than 2 days. Funny James carefully torn off a mere 3 squares of kitchen roll to play with.
Well I have been rushed off my feet last 2 days, vet came yesterday and 17 cats/kittens were vaccinated ) I would have been lost without Julie coming to help with all the lifting and fetching.
Sophie and her 7 kittens have been giving cause for concern with lack of appetite which we found out was cat flu, fortunately it has been picked up quickly and they have all been to vets this morning and had convenia and vitamin injections.
Tomorrow Hannah goes in for spay, shes only about 20 weeks but big enough,Colonel Leaky and Captain Plugwash are off to their new home in the morning and on Friday Cherry and Chelsea are in for their spay so all in all a hectic week and I`ve not had a minute to attempt driving since.
Lucy has been a bit fussy with her food this morning but she has been eating 4 sachets, 2 dishes R.C. dry and a full carton of kitten milk daily so I guess she`s finally feeling full.
Among the 17 vaccinated yesterday were Bonny and her 6 muckspots, what a great feeling that they have finally been done and are all now ready for rehoming.
I have just over an hour spare till next round of feeding and poop cleaning and am trying to decide whether or not to do some baking or have a catnap as been awake all night but the thought of homemade lemon cake is making me hungry. Grandson No 5 still not made his entrance, he was due last Friday.

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2013 on: October 27, 2010, 11:29:28 AM »
Very similar to the carnage left by Darwin after I left the kitchen roll on the floor last night....he looked massively guilty when I found him and ran off. :evillaugh: Smart little creatures; he knew he wasn't meant to do it, but it was too much temptation.....

Love the picture of all four black cats chowing down. :)
« Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 11:30:22 AM by JackSpratt »

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Angiew

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #2012 on: October 27, 2010, 10:37:58 AM »
Now that I recognise! :rofl:

Offline Cooper & Peanut

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #2011 on: October 27, 2010, 10:27:58 AM »
That pic is BRILLIANT!!!!

Excellent timing with the camera there!  :rofl:

Offline Lil_Scruff

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Scratchy, Bear, Busta, Bronx, Brooklyn and part-time cats Scruff, Scamp and Scrumpberry
« Reply #2010 on: October 27, 2010, 10:21:06 AM »
Here's another quick 'shot of Scotch'  :rofl:  :rofl:   :rofl:  :rofl: some silly person left a loo roll hanging about...

Offline Lil_Scruff

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Scratchy, Bear, Busta, Bronx, Brooklyn and part-time cats Scruff, Scamp and Scrumpberry
« Reply #2009 on: October 27, 2010, 10:15:54 AM »
Tab - I have been mighty greedy with Paws babies this year haven't I?  :evillaugh:  Fours enough now - two girls and two boys (only one of these a Paws baby mind). So I think I'll be leaving it at four lol.

On the subject of greedy here's what's going on in my kitchen right now....

(edit - from left to right: Scamp/Chico, Scotch/Bumty, Scratchy, Scrumpberry/Blackberry. Introductions went very well as you can see! New boy Scotch hated having to eat away from the others so we moved his food bowls closer to the existing brood over the day. The picture is today's mid-morning snack of RC kibbles).
« Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 10:22:07 AM by Lil_Scruff »

Offline Kirst

• Moderating Staff
  • Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Beavis , Jerry , Gizmo , Stevie and Fredcat
« Reply #2008 on: October 27, 2010, 09:30:11 AM »
Teresa , don't you dare leave this place over a PM form one viciuos individual................... I know where you liev remember..................... :evillaugh: ;)

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #2007 on: October 27, 2010, 07:11:37 AM »

Morning Aunty T.  Paddy sends his love.  In fact, he was practising his singing earlier this morning - thought he was going to take off it was so loud.  :evillaugh:  He said he was "kroonin fer yoo"  :hug: :hug:

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
« Reply #2006 on: October 26, 2010, 18:33:47 PM »
Im glad you managed to get out and drive such a huge thing for you well done  :hug:
No comments on the PM I dont know what was said or by who so Im not getting involved apart from to say youre doing a fab job and I couldnt do it so be proud of all those cats youve helped.

Lil scruff are you adopting all the paws cats  :evillaugh: Cant wait to see pics of hes settling in
love
Tab

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
« Reply #2005 on: October 26, 2010, 18:16:52 PM »
A huge well done T for reaching that summit  :hug:

Dont let one narrow minded person upset you , it really isnt worth it Hun and the huge majority of us on Purrs know how much you do and how much you care, with everything you have has to endure over the last year most people would have given up on the rescue but in true Teresa style you have battled on and as I have said to you before - you are a true inspiration and we all Love you to bits xxx
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner?  :wow:
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2004 on: October 26, 2010, 18:09:44 PM »
glad you are doing so well personally T as for the other things, let them wash over you

Offline nickynoo93

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Charlie, Poppy, Wordy and Ollie. RIP Bridge Baby Harry. x
« Reply #2003 on: October 26, 2010, 16:25:01 PM »
Well done for your drive. Mega acheivement for you, were you scared? Think I would be after all that time.:)

So sorry someone has upset you, you do such a grand job and no-one has a right to criticise you for anything you do, your furries are lovely and look so well cared for.

Hope things get better for you.

Nicky

Offline Lil_Scruff

• Adult Cat
« Reply #2002 on: October 26, 2010, 16:07:18 PM »
Sorry didn't get round to posting yesterday T - as you can probably imagine I was run off my feet with a certain little puff-ball  :rofl:

As some of you know, I am now the VERY proud owner of Bumty who's now called 'Scotch' (although Bumty is obviously his middlename). He is totally adorable and has settled in very, very well. On the drive home from T's he just put his head on his paws and went to sleep (mind you, his paws do resemble pillows lol). He is such a chilled-out cuddlebum bless him. Initial sniffs of other cat's belongings are going well too so watch this space for some pics :)

T - as others have said we all appreciate your posts so much so please carry on posting on here. I never learnt Latin at school but when someone get's me down my mum always says to me 'Illegitimi non carborundum' which, I've been reliably informed, translates roughly to 'don't let the bastards grind you down'.

Hope it went well with the vets visit. Did they manage the full 17 vaccinations? Want to say again how well all of the inn-mates are looking - especially the little muck-spots.

I really hope this post actually works as I typed a big long one out on Sunday and got lost somewhere in cyberspace. Argh!!

x

PS T - hope your trip to Manchester went well :)
« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 16:09:33 PM by Lil_Scruff »

Offline Ann Clarke (Tabby cat)

• Super Cat
  • Dylan 1999 (approx) - 26/12/09. Love you forever.
    • Gateshead CP
  • Slave to: Hobbes and Luna
« Reply #2001 on: October 26, 2010, 11:29:31 AM »
I agree with what everyone else has said T please don't let one person upset you, they are only one person after all. Those of us who watch in absolute awe at all you do for the cats and kittens in your care will always support you and love you. Those of us in rescue also know what the financial costs are and these are especially  difficult for independent rescues like you. There are huge numbers of kittens and cats leading happy lives now because of you.

And well done on the driving too - onwards and upwards  :hug:

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #2000 on: October 26, 2010, 08:01:59 AM »
i am glad you have acheived so much personally, and ignore the PM, everyone knows just how dedicated you are
Please spay your cat

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #1999 on: October 26, 2010, 07:00:43 AM »

Hey Teresa - not got much pooter access at the moment as home pooter is buttered.  :censored:  But, I just wanted to say that if Paddy was as good as Lukey and Riley "wiv pickchas" he'd have added his smiley face and all of his love to try and buoy your spirits again.  What an increduble achievement - am so pleased that at long last you managed to get to drive that car of yours!!   :wow:  :hug: :hug:  You keep on going, treasure and don't let anything (or anyone!) get in your way.  :hug: :hug: :cat rub:

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #1998 on: October 25, 2010, 23:04:14 PM »
No idea what's been said to you Teresa, but it's clear that your rescue work is outstanding from every update read on this site and every post made by any visitors to Paws Inn.

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline AliCat

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Tachi and Akamaru.
« Reply #1997 on: October 25, 2010, 22:31:30 PM »
That is the cutest picture ever Helen.  :Luv2:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #1996 on: October 25, 2010, 21:18:45 PM »
 :car: :car: :car:  ;D

The boys wouldn't normally post in here as they're not officially Paws Inn cats but I gave them special permission...

Took this a few nights ago and I just know it's what they were thinking  :hug: Hope this brings a mini-smile to your face  :hug:

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #1995 on: October 25, 2010, 21:17:16 PM »
So pleased to read your ealier post T, how wonderful!!!     :hug:  :hug:   You haven't got as far to come to see me as Daisymac,lol!   ;)

Can't believe why anyone would want to PM you, of all people, with a message that has obviously upset you so much  :shocked:   >:( :'(   Easy to say ,i know, but just ignore it!    You and Paws Inn have got so many people who think the world of you and what you do for your beloved cats-whoever it was isn't fit to lick your shoes!!   :hug: :hug:

Offline AliCat

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Tachi and Akamaru.
« Reply #1994 on: October 25, 2010, 20:34:56 PM »
Glad to hear your drive went well. That's such a brilliant milestone!

Hope your day got better later. Try to rise about it hun.

Tachi, Vader and Akamaru all send their purrs.  :Luv:

Offline Guest

• Hero Cat
« Reply #1993 on: October 25, 2010, 19:44:45 PM »
awwww T x

People get a bit emotional about things and on all forums there are often arguements and disagreements>Private messages are often the undoing of most forums.

Perhaps have a word with Tan and/or one of the mods or you and the pm'er agree to disagree and try and clear the air>
« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 19:48:37 PM by Si, Ella & Effie »

Offline Kirst

• Moderating Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #1992 on: October 25, 2010, 18:47:01 PM »
Couldn't agree more. If the person who sent the OM can look in the mirror and honestly say they have saved and helped as many cats as you have I will be very  surprised.

Offline Daisymac

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • Slave to: Daisy, Polly Lollypop Legs, Harry, Rosie Growler, Teabag, Gracie Dirty Face, Ruby Red Drawers, Picalli Polkadot Pants, Junior Officer Ripley, Kenny Kitten, Millie The Milster
« Reply #1991 on: October 25, 2010, 18:43:27 PM »
T just hold your head high,  please dont let this get you down.   :hug: :hug:

Offline Steff - Petsearch Bedford HQ

• Hero Cat
  • Mummy to Six!!
    • Petsearch Bedford - Facebook Group
  • Slave to: Bourneville, Marble, Soap, Tyson, TT and Esco (the Staffie)
« Reply #1990 on: October 25, 2010, 18:25:34 PM »
T, I'm pretty sure that the people for you and paws inn is much greater than those against.

Please don't lose your fighting spirit. Today is a positive day for you personally and you can also look back on all that you have achieved at the Inn.

Seriously T, don't worry about what others say and keep doing your thing :D
Stephanie Novell
Lost & Found Coordinator
Petsearch UK - Bedford HQ

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #1989 on: October 25, 2010, 18:12:36 PM »
Well was really happy earlier, and delighted with progress of the cats, I have vet coming tomorrow to vaccinate 17 so will be busy; just had a PM from someone on this forum and it makes me want to walk away.
Incidentally if anyone wants to see my food,litter and vet bills you are most welcome.

Offline Kirst

• Moderating Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #1988 on: October 25, 2010, 15:59:55 PM »
And me , and me!! Well done you , about time that loveLy car of yours got an outing! :wow:

Offline Daisymac

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • Slave to: Daisy, Polly Lollypop Legs, Harry, Rosie Growler, Teabag, Gracie Dirty Face, Ruby Red Drawers, Picalli Polkadot Pants, Junior Officer Ripley, Kenny Kitten, Millie The Milster
« Reply #1987 on: October 25, 2010, 15:04:08 PM »
Well done,   add about 299.5 miles on to that and you can come and see me  :hug:

• Royal Cat
« Reply #1986 on: October 25, 2010, 14:00:49 PM »
 :wow:  ;D  ;D  ;D  :yayyy: :yayyy: :yayyy:  :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:  :dance: :dance: :dance:

Well done T.

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #1985 on: October 25, 2010, 13:53:34 PM »
Today has been a day of reaching the summit of the highest mountain, not the cats but the poor excuse of a human who cares for them  :rofl: Its been close on 2 years since I was last well enough to drive a car and rescue has been very difficult as a result. This morning I got behind the wheel of my car and have driven about a quarter of a mile, I feel as if I have achieved so much and most importantly I finally feel as if I am recovering, for those who dont know I ditched the wheelchair almost 3 weeks ago and the oxygen was abandoned last week.
Cats all doing fine and wondering why their human has such a huge grin on her face.
Today the world seems so good.

Well done missus, so very proud of you!!!!!!  Think you're allowed to have a huge grin on your face  :hug:  ;D

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #1984 on: October 25, 2010, 13:05:49 PM »
Today has been a day of reaching the summit of the highest mountain, not the cats but the poor excuse of a human who cares for them  :rofl: Its been close on 2 years since I was last well enough to drive a car and rescue has been very difficult as a result. This morning I got behind the wheel of my car and have driven about a quarter of a mile, I feel as if I have achieved so much and most importantly I finally feel as if I am recovering, for those who dont know I ditched the wheelchair almost 3 weeks ago and the oxygen was abandoned last week.
Cats all doing fine and wondering why their human has such a huge grin on her face.
Today the world seems so good.

• Hero Cat
  • Mummy to Six!!
« Reply #1983 on: October 24, 2010, 19:23:56 PM »
Got it, thanks T  :hug:
Stephanie Novell
Lost & Found Coordinator

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #1982 on: October 24, 2010, 19:09:43 PM »
 :rofl: Steff just posted on your thread.
Rehoming is like trapping lots of patience needed  :hug:

• Hero Cat
  • Mummy to Six!!
« Reply #1981 on: October 24, 2010, 19:05:41 PM »
Thanks T, the kittens I am trying to rescue are pretty young then going by the size of your babies.  I hope CP come back to me soon about borrowing a trap (see my thread to find out what I am going on about lol)

I hope these new potetntial parents make up there mind soon...maybe they will take Hannah, Bonny and two muckspots (if they are brave or mad)  :Crazy:

Stephanie Novell
Lost & Found Coordinator

Link to CatChat