Author Topic: Paws Inn Updates  (Read 790690 times)

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
Re: Paws Inn Updates
« Reply #1180 on: August 10, 2010, 12:14:30 PM »
Well mum cat had moved her babies to an oil store in a chicken factory, she had found an empty drum with reams of hosepipe around the top climbed in and made her nest right at the bottom. Set the trap in the store but the smell of the pilchards was lost amid the smell of the oil. Eventually I put a bit of food in a dish and put it near the top of the hose for her to smell and as she ventured out I scruffed the poor love straight into a crush cage, managed to lean in hole and could only just reach babies but got all 6.
Our little tabby mum is not the feral we thought but one very grateful skinny kitten, she has 6 babies that are about 6 days old, we think 3 girls and 3 boys 4 are black/white the other 2 tabby/white.

Ha Ha Janey see how efficient  :rofl: I`ve been

Offline Janeyk

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #1179 on: August 10, 2010, 12:09:04 PM »
Just sending some hugs over Teresa and hope today's a better one  :hug: :hug:

Thanks Janey, its certainly going to be a busier one I`m off out trapping.

ooh, good luck! pity I'm not nearer to help,  hope there's not a lot xx
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #1178 on: August 10, 2010, 09:41:17 AM »

Thanks Janey, its certainly going to be a busier one I`m off out trapping.

Liz I never had the boobs for a wonder woman costume :rofl: much happier in pyjamas, talking of which better get dressed.

Offline Janeyk

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #1177 on: August 10, 2010, 06:58:49 AM »

sorry about the little one xx
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #1176 on: August 09, 2010, 23:37:56 PM »
Aunty T you can only do so much, please put your wonder woman costume back in the wardrobe! ;)

Having had a brother and sister mating and then loosing Gem and 3 of her kittens to FIP can only keep paws crossed for the wild bunch, I have Beijing her gorgeous tortieness as a reminder of her Mum and of course have her father Brodie to :hug:

Our newbies are all doing well Miss Skye from Sunny Harbour is having sleeping partners for a week as Robins parents arrived score is Skye 2 fingers - Grandad 2 plasters :evillaugh: - he did advise it was all his fault ;D :rofl:

Baby Charlie has them mezmorised and the Clan Cats are putting on a good show with Turker bribery :shocked:

I can only echo that the ones with you T are the lucky ones and will blossom for you like roses or a good wine so please be assured you are doing a wonderful job and have just got out of your holiday home so please take care :hug:
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #1175 on: August 09, 2010, 18:52:24 PM »
Thanks All, ClaireR paid a suprise visit this afternoon, she has been working away today so it must have been a 200mile journey at least for her, I would be lost without her to talk sense into me and help with the scrubbing of course, anyway I feel much better for seeing her.
I also called at vets to pick up antibiotics for tomorrow and when I paid Julys bill I had forgotten to pick up the itemised statement, going through it in the car I noticed Angel (3rd cat from coal house who I paid to have spay and returned)turns out Angel was castrated, had a call from Social worker this evening while Claire was still here, checking how things were going with the 2 mums and 9 kittens so I had to tell her that Peace had died, I also said about Angel being castrated, well she has told me that Angel is not only Melody`s son but also the father of her 5 kittens, so its still watch them all like hawks but it does make things more understandable.

Chelsea my wild girl has allowed me to stroke her 3 times today, always when she is eating, Claire was in Pens with me and I told Claire I needing to change bedding, well as quick as lighting pulled box out and shut pen, Claire put in nice clean vet bed and sexed them while I exposed their botties. 1 black male, 1 black female, 1 grey/while female.
Mum was fine till kittens cried but got box back in ok and mum is now protecting them.She`ll probably give me what for later.
All the other inmates appear fit, well and happy.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #1174 on: August 09, 2010, 17:41:05 PM »
:shy:  A collpase is like a collapse, only worser.   ;)

well that made me smile, hope it worked for you as well T :hug:

Offline Ann Clarke (Tabby cat)

• Super Cat
  • Dylan 1999 (approx) - 26/12/09. Love you forever.
    • Gateshead CP
  • Slave to: Hobbes and Luna
« Reply #1173 on: August 09, 2010, 17:19:38 PM »
Can only echo what others have said T, you do so much and have helped so many cats and kittens - and people too - but there are limits to what we can all do. I've been doing the phone for 3 weeks and it's been a real strain to have to say we can't take anything in and although the answer phone message says we are full people are still leaving messages expecting us to miraculously find somewhere for these cats to go  >:( People who resort to emotional blackmail are a nightmare because they know anyone in rescue will want to help so you end off squeezing another one in :Crazy:.

So sorry to hear about the little one. Please look after yourself T and don't let the  :censored: get you down  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #1172 on: August 09, 2010, 14:57:14 PM »
 :shy:  A collpase is like a collapse, only worser.   ;) 

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #1171 on: August 09, 2010, 14:55:34 PM »

Not a realistic solution, but shame you couldn't send him a photo of you hooked up to your oxygen and a brief message saying "if you cause me to suffer a collpase from your heartless behaviour, I have your details and will pursue this all the way....."   :hug: :hug:

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
« Reply #1170 on: August 09, 2010, 14:47:12 PM »
So sorry about little one T  :hug:

Please don't blame yaself, you wonderful rescues are the heros' and time and time again take care of cats that very irresponsible and uncaring humans don't want to anymore. :(   >:(  I honestly don't know how all you rescues don't get soo upset with these people. I would loose my patience very quickly and prob say quite a few things and not get anywhere! You are all stars and all have so much courage. 
My loves goes out to ya  :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #1169 on: August 09, 2010, 14:13:49 PM »
Ok managed to get my calm head on and heartbroken one shoved in that already overloaded bottle. I want so much to grieve for Minimopsical , Morse and now this little one but just dont have that luxury, just have to concentrate on the ones who can be helped.

Andy has been and examined every kitten and Mum cat, taken temperatures all kittens normal, mum cat has an enlarged lymph node so she has had antibiotic jab and we have some to give kittens if we feel we need them, Andy cannot at this stage find anything; He has taken the body and I have asked him to do a quick Post mortem.  the kitten that has died is one of Melody`s 5 black girls, one of 2 runts.

On to the others, I am sure Daisymac will be relieved to hear that Kenny Dalglish has had his first vaccination along with his sisters Marigold and Sweetpea. Dusty has had her first vaccination, and James has had his vaccination along with a microchip, Christopher and Olly have both had boosters.

Andy was really pleased with the improvement in .Graces kittens eyes .

We also discussed some problems with Chelsea wild mum and Andy is going to give me Antibiotics to put in her food if I am still worried tomorrow.

Daisymac thanks for offer I have checked emails and no more from woman so far, just the man sending description of cat he plans to leave behind, big mistake hes also sent a picture. I always coped with everything in my stride and never moaned before but with being ill I will admit to feeling very useless and almost like I am being punished for being ill.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #1168 on: August 09, 2010, 13:58:50 PM »
Sorry to hear you're having such a rubbish day sweetie, please do not let those idiots get you down  :hug:  You do such an amazing job day in day out, but you can only do so much.  There will always be morons out there who just threaten to dump animals etc, you cannot hold yourself resposible or accountable to any of them  :hug:

You are a true shining star missus, and don't you ever think otherwise.  If I hear you asking again if you're being mean, I shall have to tell you off for being a naughty Auntie T  :) :hug:

I couldn't have put it better  :hug:

Offline Daisymac

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • Slave to: Daisy, Polly Lollypop Legs, Harry, Rosie Growler, Teabag, Gracie Dirty Face, Ruby Red Drawers, Picalli Polkadot Pants, Junior Officer Ripley, Kenny Kitten, Millie The Milster
« Reply #1167 on: August 09, 2010, 13:13:32 PM »
sending you loads of hugs,  if you want me to repsond to the woman that keeps emailing you about the other cat send me the messages and I will sort  :hug: :hug:

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #1166 on: August 09, 2010, 12:35:55 PM »
Well I have just about hit rock bottom, just been out to check on everything and found a dead kitten, have rung vet and told him to come here this afternoon instead of tomorrow, he said he will get here for 1ish.

Oh no. :care: Poor wee thing, do the others look OK?

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Lil_Scruff

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Scratchy, Bear, Busta, Bronx, Brooklyn and part-time cats Scruff, Scamp and Scrumpberry
« Reply #1165 on: August 09, 2010, 12:34:34 PM »
Sending you  :hug: T.

The idiots who are mucking you round and trying to bully you into taking more cats probably assume that you're funded by the RSPCA. It must be so frustrating... :censored:

So sorry to hear about the little kitten. Was it one of the litter who had slightly watery/crusty eyes? Poor little thing. And poor you.  :(

x

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #1164 on: August 09, 2010, 12:23:26 PM »
Sorry to hear you're having such a rubbish day sweetie, please do not let those idiots get you down  :hug:  You do such an amazing job day in day out, but you can only do so much.  There will always be morons out there who just threaten to dump animals etc, you cannot hold yourself resposible or accountable to any of them  :hug:

You are a true shining star missus, and don't you ever think otherwise.  If I hear you asking again if you're being mean, I shall have to tell you off for being a naughty Auntie T  :)  :hug:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Steff - Petsearch Bedford HQ

• Hero Cat
  • Mummy to Six!!
    • Petsearch Bedford - Facebook Group
  • Slave to: Bourneville, Marble, Soap, Tyson, TT and Esco (the Staffie)
« Reply #1163 on: August 09, 2010, 12:22:27 PM »
Lots of *Hugs* T

I reallt don't know what to say

It truely is a horrid Monday

Just know that you are doing all you can and more xxxx
Stephanie Novell
Lost & Found Coordinator
Petsearch UK - Bedford HQ

Offline CarolM (Wendolene)

• Royal Cat
  • Korky: June 1992 - 19/10/2009
  • Slave to: Bunty and Biggles
« Reply #1162 on: August 09, 2010, 12:15:31 PM »
 :hug:  :hug:  :hug: Sorry you're having asuch a rotten day T.  Thinking of you and hoping things improve rapidly and all the other inmates are fine..  :hug:  And as others have said, do try not to give in to bullies however much you want to help their kitties.  You've already done /are doing far more than most and  really don't need the extra stress right now.  :hug:

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #1161 on: August 09, 2010, 12:07:21 PM »
Well I have just about hit rock bottom, just been out to check on everything and found a dead kitten, have rung vet and told him to come here this afternoon instead of tomorrow, he said he will get here for 1ish.

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #1160 on: August 09, 2010, 10:36:27 AM »
Teresa, you aren't the baddie. People using the "oh, then we'll just leave the cat" or worse are the people at fault. They've taken on an animal (I'm not specifying cats, because people do it with all sorts of lovely critters) or fed it until it became what they see as an inconvenience and then can't be bothered to wait until a safe alternative to them having this animal is given. You're doing your best and there's only so much one rescue can do. The amount of help you've given cats this year and every year since you started rescue is phenomenal, don't let them distract you from that.

By the way, wanted to say that I love the idea of the chalet house being like super deluxe "apartment living" for the cats!

Offline lynndyloo

• Adult Cat
« Reply #1159 on: August 09, 2010, 09:56:25 AM »
Thats one of the reasons we had to give up the feral cat charity.Taking cats in that we had no room for and no money for them because they expected us to help,even RSPCA used to give our number out.Don't feel bad saying no Teresa,you can only do so much.x.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #1158 on: August 09, 2010, 09:52:03 AM »

Oh Teresa.  People can be so  :censored:  :cuddle:   Seldom the cats, just the people......

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #1157 on: August 09, 2010, 09:43:59 AM »
Have really had enough of things this morning, all the time I was in hospital I had non stop emails from someone wanting me to take 2 cats, I didnt have room but moved heaven and earth to accomodate the pregnant one who gave birth 36 hours later, she is very wild and lacerated Robs hands so now I have to attend to her, this morning I felt so ill but managed her, and syringed extra feed into 2 kittens we are a bit worried about and I did Graces babies eyes. We gave the woman times when she could bring the other cat that goes with the wild one on both Saturday and Sunday, they said cat didnt show Sat am and they were going out SAt night, Sun am they were probably having a lie in, now its Monday and I am being barraged with one email after another, I have told her straight if this cat is wild she can go for spay and be put back, did she get the message no, emails asking what happens if we just leave her, feral colony of course, I feel as if I am being bullied into taking this cat when convienent for this woman, so have just sent I think 5th reply to her saying sorry need to rest offline;Also where the heck do these people think we get the money from it costs me over £40 for each spay and just lately we seem to be paying for rather a lot , Am I being mean?
Next email I am moving house and cant take my cat when can I bring it to you ? Replied saying sorry overloaded but gave good advice as to where to try and what to do,. another bully he replied ok I will just leave the cat when i move, have now asked for full details and had to leave emails well alone because its just so disheartening and horrible feeling bullied all the time.

Offline CarolM (Wendolene)

• Royal Cat
  • Korky: June 1992 - 19/10/2009
  • Slave to: Bunty and Biggles
« Reply #1156 on: August 08, 2010, 17:53:14 PM »
I'm loving all these pictures.  :Luv2:  I have a soft spot for Grace and all her babies are beautiful, especially Job (its the black nose that does it for me  :) ).  And of course Marigold at play is irresistable.  Oh, and mustn't forget Monica with her tongue out.  ;D

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #1155 on: August 08, 2010, 17:14:34 PM »
Awww, teeny black kittens. :) Glad you're back home and I love that summerhouse, is that for the ferals?

The proper big summerhouse is mothers and kittens, its divided into 2 huge Pens.
The ferals use the greenhouse and the upstairs of the other chalet that has the outside run with Christopher and James in the basement.

The smaller pens are the isolation block in brick building.

There is another huge outdoor Pen which Ginga Ninja shares with his 2 pals.

What fantastic news all round!  :)

I think you should hand out Purrs business cards at rehomings so we can get their new owners to join and continue with the updates - especially whoever will be lucky enough to adopt little Marigold  :Luv:

That may be a thought for Purrs shop, purrsonalised biz cards  :rofl:

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #1154 on: August 08, 2010, 14:13:24 PM »
Awww, teeny black kittens. :) Glad you're back home and I love that summerhouse, is that for the ferals?

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #1153 on: August 08, 2010, 13:46:11 PM »
And finally.

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #1152 on: August 08, 2010, 13:43:22 PM »
Only view these if you are a fan of Specsavers :rofl:

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #1151 on: August 08, 2010, 13:40:32 PM »
glad to you are back home T, love that little faith!  I've got a thing for unsymmetrical faces!  Sweetpea looks like she may grow into a diva - how are Dusty's manners coming on?

She is almost a lady now  :rofl:

few more pics

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #1150 on: August 08, 2010, 10:48:17 AM »
glad to you are back home T, love that little faith!  I've got a thing for unsymmetrical faces!  Sweetpea looks like she may grow into a diva - how are Dusty's manners coming on?

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #1149 on: August 08, 2010, 10:38:11 AM »
Sitting here with nothing to do as ClaireR is busy slaving away trying to re arrange things to fit all the cat bedding in, our old bedding cupboard had to be converted into a catpen :rofl:
Chelsea the almost wild mum had a slight noise I picked up on yesterday and Claire tells me its been there all week, her eye is a bit watery this morning so she is obviously a flu carrier so need to watch her and babies who are a week old today very carefully.She is still pretty much unhandleable at minute and quite dangerous so I just hope things dont get any worse
Grace has turned into a graceful and gentle purring mum and her kittens eyes are really improving now thanks to Rob and ClaireR`s diligent.
We are carefully watching Melody`s kitten one of 2 runts, she is very quiet, its possible it is worm related as their bellys were huge, they had stronghold on 28 july so yesterday they had milbemax, my faith in stronghold is diminishing of late. It is also possible that it could be a bit of a viral thing as they were living in the coal shed with Grace and kittens who came in with infected eyes.
Twinkle has had a cuddle and play with her new mum Julie who is busy kitten cuddling outside .
Right ClaireR just banged on window I am to be put to slavery :rofl:
Pics of Graces babies, with post some of other kittens I missed out yesterday later.

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #1148 on: August 08, 2010, 06:33:26 AM »
So pleased you are back home Teresa. :hug:
 :Luv2: :Luv2: Hettie and :Luv: Kenny. :)x

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #1147 on: August 07, 2010, 21:25:38 PM »
What fantastic news all round!  :)

I think you should hand out Purrs business cards at rehomings so we can get their new owners to join and continue with the updates - especially whoever will be lucky enough to adopt little Marigold  :Luv:

Offline Kirst

• Moderating Staff
  • Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Beavis , Jerry , Gizmo , Stevie and Fredcat
« Reply #1146 on: August 07, 2010, 21:07:20 PM »
Awww Twinkle  has found her forever home - I'm really really happy , she's such a lovely girl! :Luv2: :Luv2:

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
« Reply #1145 on: August 07, 2010, 20:42:36 PM »
Welcome home Teresa great to hear you are doing so well  :hug:

The photos are lovely and have put a huge smile on my face  ;D so glad that Daisy and Mac are staying together and I am chuffed to bits that special little Twinkle has found her forever home.

Take care Hun and PLEASE dont overdo things xxx
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner?  :wow:
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #1144 on: August 07, 2010, 20:15:57 PM »
Just had a phonecall from Andy and Jan who adopted Pud the Cerebral Hypoplasia male kitten earlier this year, they had just noticed Twinkle on website and offered her a home, good job Julie put definate reserve on her this morning; the good thing is I now have a home lined up for the next CH one. They said Pud is absolutely wonderful, very very loving and great fun.

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #1143 on: August 07, 2010, 18:17:49 PM »
Lovely lot of beauties  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: and my money's on a boy for the bummer    :hee hee:

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #1142 on: August 07, 2010, 17:39:14 PM »
Set of pics on previous post, mum cat is Grace with her babies Faith, Hope, Charity and Job.

And final pic is a bit of a bummer but would appreciated opinions on sex please

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #1141 on: August 07, 2010, 17:33:48 PM »
And a few more pics

Link to CatChat