Author Topic: Bonnie's CLASSICAL Moment  (Read 4804 times)

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
Re: Bonnie's CLASSICAL Moment
« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2008, 08:05:44 AM »
Love it  :rofl:

But Bonnie said she could do that standing on her head.  :naughty: :rofl:

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #33 on: May 16, 2008, 23:09:14 PM »
I've found someone to teach Bonnie how to play an instrument!! See pic. Classical, motown rock and roll - what do you think!!??  :rofl:

Mary

:evillaugh:

I thought she was taking piano lessons from Nora?  :-:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZ860P4iTaM
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2008, 22:55:32 PM »

I still prefer my Motown and Northern Soul from my younger days!! 

Northern Soul - now you're talking!  ;D

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2008, 22:35:27 PM »
I've found someone to teach Bonnie how to play an instrument!! See pic. Classical, motown rock and roll - what do you think!!??  :rofl:

Mary

[attachment deleted by admin]
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2008, 18:52:22 PM »
No flies on me where 80's European dance music is concerned Mary  :evillaugh:

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2008, 18:49:45 PM »
That was quick Mark!  Glad my taste in blokes as changed over the years - mind you, Woody was my fave (at the time)!!

Bonnie might want to watch that video on the way to the vet with that big hawk or what ever it is!!

Mary

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2008, 18:43:10 PM »
Bay City Rollers  :sick:

Les McKeown lived down the road to me in Hackney  :evillaugh:

He was famous in Germany late 80's/early 90's - records prodiced by Dieter Bohlen of Modern talking  :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5bcZkSHGQI

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2008, 18:39:06 PM »
 :thanks: Leigh and Mark - I truly do love the pair of you  :evillaugh:  :rofl:  :evillaugh:  :rofl:  :hug:  :hug:

I would have to wear ear-plugs in the car whilst taking Bonnie to the vet if I had to play that for her.

Driving around all over the place today and I still had Classic FM on the radio, some of it's ok but I still prefer my Motown and Northern Soul from my younger days!!  Oh and not forgetting The Bay City Rollers - I loved them - wonder if Bonnie would like to listen to Bye Bye Baby or Shang a Lang!!!!!!!!

Mary

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2008, 14:34:31 PM »
oh come on, give me a london girl everytime

Don't know that one  :-:

I met the gurning woman on a bus in Stepney once and she kept us all entertained. She told me she was the champion programme seller at Wembley as well  :-:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2008, 14:33:10 PM »
thanks sooo much guys. That Chas n Dave stuff is truly, truly horrible  :evillaugh:

Pietr whatsit's good though and I'm going to try it on Max, who loves music. He mostly likes more up-tempo stuff, sits on my shoulders while we "dance" in the lounge (I tell you this because you'll never ever see it  :Crazy:  :rofl: - give thanks for small mercies) but I think it could calm him.
The discography link you posted (from P.A's website) doesn't open Mark as it says I have missing plug-ins of an indeterminate sort - computers can be personal can't they?!  :shify:

Mine was OK with it  :Crazy:

Maybe the site has crash with so much interest from purrs people?  :evillaugh:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2008, 13:48:23 PM »
oh come on, give me a london girl everytime

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
  • SwampMax happy on their sunny French balcon 05!
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2008, 13:47:08 PM »
thanks sooo much guys. That Chas n Dave stuff is truly, truly horrible  :evillaugh:

Pietr whatsit's good though and I'm going to try it on Max, who loves music. He mostly likes more up-tempo stuff, sits on my shoulders while we "dance" in the lounge (I tell you this because you'll never ever see it  :Crazy:  :rofl: - give thanks for small mercies) but I think it could calm him.
The discography link you posted (from P.A's website) doesn't open Mark as it says I have missing plug-ins of an indeterminate sort - computers can be personal can't they?!  :shify:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2008, 13:40:53 PM »
Cheers Leigh - I found one for Michelle (Furbabystar)  :evillaugh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGa7f6n3aqk&feature=related

I will post in general so she sees it  :evillaugh:
« Last Edit: May 16, 2008, 13:42:55 PM by Mark »

Offline LeighK

• Super Cat
  • Alfie, Frankie & Leigh, my boys & me
    • http://www.alfie-cat.co.uk
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2008, 13:05:19 PM »
Whatever you do, don't Click on the link below Mary

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOiuDAPHxCE

;D ;D

LAFS
Alfie and Frankie's dad - "Letterbox" are Rockin' the Feline World

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2008, 12:09:53 PM »
Nicking my thread..... that's quite all right Mark.

That was quite nice, Bonnie liked it too as she's just rolled over for a belly rub.  :Luv2: :Luv2:

Now then ...............  you can stick C&D as far  :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:   :rofl: :rofl:

Mary

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2008, 11:14:45 AM »
I just nicked your thread to tell Rosella. I would have given you the Chas & Dave dates Mary but I don't have them  :evillaugh:

http://www.anderszewski.net/discography/clips/Dmin.mp3  :evillaugh:
« Last Edit: May 16, 2008, 11:16:54 AM by Mark »

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2008, 08:33:33 AM »
Mark, what the ..................  :Crazy: :-: :-:  :rofl: :rofl:

I am sure Bonnie will appreciate all that info  :doh: :doh:  :rofl:  :thanks:

Mary

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2008, 23:30:36 PM »
You really need to hear it by Piotr Anderszewski  with the Scottish Chamber Orchestra - shivers down the spine  :evillaugh:

Just been doing a bit of digging (well looked at his website)

He is doing some concerts with the Philharmonia - who happen to be based at the Marlowe Theatre in Canterbury  ;D
Shame he's not doing that piece  :(

Anyway
 Monday 02 June 2008
Leicester, UK    Philharmonia Orchestra/Gustavo Dudamel

More information
Tuesday 03 June 2008
Birmingham, UK    Philharmonia Orchestra/Gustavo Dudamel

More information
Wednesday 04 June 2008
Canterbury, UK    Philharmonia Orchestra/Gustavo Dudamel

More information
Thursday 05 June 2008
London, UK    Philharmonia Orchestra/Gustavo Dudamel

http://www.anderszewski.net/performances/index.cfm

I ordered it from Amazon.co.uk  for £6  ;D
Samples here http://www.anderszewski.net/discography/view_disc.cfm?disc_id=13

Sorry Mary & Bonny  :hug:

« Last Edit: May 15, 2008, 23:54:14 PM by Mark »

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2008, 23:10:53 PM »
All  :censored: philistines you lot. 

It's fantastic Mark (definitley my fab fav Mozart piece, 1st time I heard it was as the last piece of music on the film Amadeus) and I'm sure Bonnie would love it. Motown, shmotown  ;)

Offline tigerbaby

• Super Cat
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2008, 21:55:05 PM »
Where I live, the bus station is a really rough place and there are always restless kids and gangs causing fights and drama there, so they've started playing classical music inside. I like it - although knowing my luck, it'll probably relax my mind to drift off, only to get my handbag stolen.
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2008, 21:39:53 PM »

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2008, 21:36:05 PM »
Anyway, the version I ordered is by Piotr Anderszewski  ;)

And his appearance has NOTHING to do with your choice, right?  :evillaugh: :evillaugh: :evillaugh:

Not at all - I was painting the kitchen on Monday and heard it - it is amazing  :)
I didn't even catch who it was and had to check the playlist on Classic FM to find out what to order.

The rest is just a bonus  :)

That what my OH says about me  :evillaugh: :evillaugh: :evillaugh:
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2008, 21:34:56 PM »
Bet you can't say his name when you've had a few Mark!!  :rofl:

I can't say it sober Mary  :evillaugh:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2008, 21:33:25 PM »

And his appearance has NOTHING to do with your choice, right?  :evillaugh: :evillaugh: :evillaugh:

Not at all - I was painting the kitchen on Monday and heard it - it is amazing  :)
I didn't even catch who it was and had to check the playlist on Classic FM to find out what to order.

The rest is just a bonus  :)

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2008, 21:29:59 PM »
There are some album covers with the post  :Crazy:

« Last Edit: May 15, 2008, 21:31:44 PM by Mark »

Offline Kirst

• Moderating Staff
  • Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Beavis , Jerry , Gizmo , Stevie and Fredcat
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2008, 21:13:58 PM »
oooh is he tasty? well I think I need to see piccies...........................

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2008, 21:12:26 PM »

I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2008, 20:48:41 PM »
Bet you can't say his name when you've had a few Mark!!  :rofl:

Went to the dentist this afternoon and forgot I'd had the classicals on for Bonnie and when I started my engine I had a symphony playing in my ear!!

I know how to spend a day off work don't I??......... vet, dentist and classical music.  Never mind, House is on soon - he makes me laugh. (programme on channel 5 at 9.00 p.m. just in case anyone is wondering what I'm going on about!)

Oh, and Leigh, we all know how brill Bonnie is but to play the Cello............  she can tap dance though, all over my back and head in bed and on my knee and chest on the settee.  :rofl: :rofl:

Mary

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2008, 17:32:23 PM »
Mark, if Bonnie saw her face I think she would do more than meow all the way to the vet!  :naughty:  :rofl:

Mary

Poor Uchida - she does get a bit carried away when she plays

« Last Edit: May 15, 2008, 18:40:58 PM by Mark »

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2008, 17:15:09 PM »
I know what you mean about trying to drive an stroke throught the carrier door LOL.

Mine dont appreciate music cos they are too busy crying.........sigh

Offline LeighK

• Super Cat
  • Alfie, Frankie & Leigh, my boys & me
    • http://www.alfie-cat.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2008, 16:27:30 PM »
and there I was thinking she'd taken up playing the cello, nice one Mary  :rofl: :rofl:
Alfie and Frankie's dad - "Letterbox" are Rockin' the Feline World

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2008, 15:39:41 PM »
Mark, if Bonnie saw her face I think she would do more than meow all the way to the vet!  :naughty:  :rofl:

Mary

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2008, 14:52:16 PM »
Bonnie has great taste. I love Motown but the older I get, the more into classical I am getting. You just reminded me to order a new version of this I heard on the radio the other day  :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyMNDHaMb2w&feature=related
« Last Edit: May 15, 2008, 14:54:32 PM by Mark »

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
Bonnie's CLASSICAL Moment
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2008, 13:08:17 PM »
Had to take Bonnie to the vet for her monthly jab to stop the skin problem this morning.  She always meows all the way there and back in the car - today I thought I would try the radio on Classic FM - it worked wonders - the piano concerto went down very well.  I prefer a bit of Motown myself but I had to help her calm down as trying to stroke her through the cat carrier door is going to make me crash the car one of these days.

Mary

Link to CatChat