Author Topic: Cat stuff buying frenzy!  (Read 5135 times)

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
Re: Cat stuff buying frenzy!
« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2007, 16:36:13 PM »
Think my monsters would love that Susanne, i would have to do a few alterations tho! Im ultra paranoid about dangly elastic, a cat at work got caught up in a go cat pop up tent, the mouse on elastic twisted round his neck and it bothers me, knowing how stupid my lot are  :evillaugh:

It's not actually elastic - just thick string and probably not long enough to get tangled around body parts (though not impossible)

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Wizzles
« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2007, 15:38:41 PM »
 :rofl: Doc was going around for ages carrying poor mousey by the tail! It was really cute and funny! He mustve been convinced he was a real mousey as he was bunny kicking him to "kill" the poor mouse  :evillaugh:

When they knocked him over on his back and I was being lazy, I was pressing the buttons so the wheels moved and he was still "alive" so they'd knock him back over!

Charlie sounds lovely  :) I love that name!
Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Kitty Von Bizmark (Wizzles) ^Lucas^(??/97 - 21/11/07)
To think I might not see those eyes, makes it so hard not to cry, and as we say our long goodbyes, I nearly do.

Offline Sarah (seldom_use)

• Super Cat
« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2007, 13:52:51 PM »
Marie I bought the remote control mouse too, my wee kitten Charlie won't leave alone long enough for it to run anywhere hahahaha.

I got my new activity centre/scratcher from Zooplus for £29.99! It's excellent! A wee hidey hole and everything :)

S x

Awwwwww  ;D our three are a bit like that! all down on their bellies, bums wiggling, ready to pounce  :rofl: they go mad when i make it go round and round in circles  :evillaugh:

Hahahahha its hilarious isn't it Dawn!
Charlie keeps biting the tail and running away with it hahahah, think he thinks it's alive, bc when he flips it over, I say to him.. Aww poor wee mousy Charlie!! He goes and has a sniff then lies down beside it hahhhah

xx

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2007, 13:49:55 PM »
Marie I bought the remote control mouse too, my wee kitten Charlie won't leave alone long enough for it to run anywhere hahahaha.

I got my new activity centre/scratcher from Zooplus for £29.99! It's excellent! A wee hidey hole and everything :)

S x

Awwwwww  ;D our three are a bit like that! all down on their bellies, bums wiggling, ready to pounce  :rofl: they go mad when i make it go round and round in circles  :evillaugh:
To think I might not see those eyes, makes it so hard not to cry, and as we say our long goodbyes, I nearly do.

Offline forever_missing_my_boys(Lisa)

• Super Cat
  • MY LOVE MY LIFE MY EVERYTHING =MY GSD TODD
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2007, 13:49:23 PM »
ooooo i like the cat tree filou for 32 pound on zooplus
MUMMY TO TODD THE DOG AND MOLLY,BAILEY,BRIDIE,FLOSSY
,PICKLES,MAKOSI AND MAX THE CATS
 I :catluv: CATS

( A Kitten/Cat is for Life )

( A LIFE IS A LIFE WHEATHER LAMB OR MAN )
NO ONE LIFE IS MORE PRECIOUS THEN ANOTHER

FOREVER MISSING MY PRECIOUS BRIDGE BABES SNOWY AND BUBBLES :candle:

• Super Cat
« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2007, 13:48:45 PM »

Thats the one I have except it's in beige and brown, it's really worth the money :)

S x

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2007, 13:48:19 PM »
my best one is from zooplus, its about 6ft, I got one from argos as well which is about 5 ft its not as sturdy but it was so cheap about £15!

I think this is the same one that we had a thread about before, it was reduced to £15 in the sale and it basically just falls apart after a while, really badly made. At the time mine was quite new so I didnt have any complaints but its in bits now. (which is why I ordered the new one!)

Zooplus always looks good but they never seem to have any of the trees in stock when I want to order (pay day!) I found one on ebay anyway, the woman offered to drop it off today but ive emailed her twice now and nothing!!  :-:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2007, 13:46:02 PM »
its the alicante one I've got! 

Offline Marie

• Senior Cat
  • Maisy and Tommy
« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2007, 13:43:04 PM »
Ah I think I should have said vibrating mice, you pull the string and they go along the floor.

Sarah - Glad Charlie likes the mouse.
Marie, Maisy and Tommy xxx

• Super Cat
« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2007, 13:41:12 PM »

S x

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2007, 13:37:44 PM »
my best one is from zooplus, its about 6ft, I got one from argos as well which is about 5 ft its not as sturdy but it was so cheap about £15!

Didn't get mine from Zooplus as I'd had my heart set on my particular one for ages from another company but Zooplus have a really good range, some of them are in the sale,  the delivery charge can often be the killer with big items but it's free when you spend over £29 and £2.90 if not.  You get £3 off your first order - and no I don't work for them!

http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/cats/scratching_posts  The green box on this page has links to all the different heights/types.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2007, 13:38:34 PM by Tiggy's Mum - Helen »

Offline Marie

• Senior Cat
  • Maisy and Tommy
« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2007, 13:36:30 PM »
Well on Saturday we bought the remote control mouse from Pets at Home, 2 shaky mice and a ball on a bat!  So far my pair are shall we say intrigued by the remote control mouse and Maisy has taken to giving it a good old swipe!!!

• Super Cat
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2007, 13:34:54 PM »
15 quid is a bargin  :wow:
dont think they have it thou
the only one i can see is a little small kitten one and the rest are like cat activity climbing things

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2007, 13:32:11 PM »

• Super Cat
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2007, 13:28:56 PM »
anyone know where i can get a quite tall scratching post from as the ones i have are too small  really .

Offline karenjet

• Distinguished Cat
  • Miss Jasmine <3 (R.I.P Special girl)
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2007, 13:22:36 PM »
Hardly a frenzy but I got a cat tree for Jasmine yesterday. I looked everywhere and found ebay the cheapest. I can't wait until it comes!  ;D

It will have to wait a while but there are lots more bits and bobs I want to get for her, and her babas.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2007, 12:58:36 PM »
My super duper taller tham me scratcher arrived today.... well, 2/3 of it!  The company I ordered it from said it would arrive in 3 boxes. Had it sent to work as there is always someone there to take it in and there were only two packages  >:(  I spoke to the company who I ordered it from and he rang the courier, they have found the 3rd parcel on a different lorry but it won't be delivered until tomorrow now  :rage:  Stupid courier people  >:(

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2007, 17:54:37 PM »
Dawn - This is starting to scare me now. not only did we both post about remote control toys at the same time but we both just posted "Wow Helen".
LOL I guess we are on the same wavelength today!  :heeee heeee:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2007, 17:35:24 PM »
I dont get paid for another two weeks either grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

I agree that some things are really badly bad and not fir for the purpose of being pounced on , beaten around and grabbed and held and now Sasa has completely destroyed two Panic mice in the same place within a month!!

I need some glue that will stick metal to metal permanently, any ideas?

She has pulled the little metal block of the end of the wand attached to the mouse on both of them grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Its her fave toy and its the only time she comes and wants my attention , when the batteries have died, she has pulled it over or pulled the ball offf or generally destroyed it in some way. She has sionce christmas destroyed all the new balls either pulling them  apart and or pulling the tails off and they must have tails to be really fun, she tells me.

Soooooooooooo please, i need to be able to stick thos pieces back on to with stand attacks by Sasa  :shify: :shify: :shify:

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2007, 17:29:08 PM »
Think my monsters would love that Susanne, i would have to do a few alterations tho! Im ultra paranoid about dangly elastic, a cat at work got caught up in a go cat pop up tent, the mouse on elastic twisted round his neck and it bothers me, knowing how stupid my lot are  :evillaugh:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2007, 16:57:35 PM »
When I got Mosi I can't believe the amount of money I spent.  I was thinking I wouldn't need to buy much as I already had everything in for Jaffa - cat trees, beds, toys etc.  but somehow I managed to find loads of things Mosi needed!

For those of you getting kittens I recommend this play centre

http://www.seapets.co.uk/product-details/stkcode/131860/category/516.html

Mosi had one at the breeders and he and his siblings played so much on it when I visited that I got one for him and both he and Jaffa love it.  I got mine from PAH (it was cheaper than online).

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2007, 16:32:45 PM »
Its my visit to Aunty T's tomorrow (one more sleep!!!!) and Lexy comes home tonight from my sister's so I took advantage and went to PAHs today....

Well:

New hooded litter tray for Estella
New Carrier for Estella
Litter for Lexy
Food (lots of it!) for Lexy
Toys (lots of them) for all of them!
A catmate feeder for when I have to be away overnight
A new mat for their food bowls

A few extra treats for Aunty T and the kitties at Paws Inn.

I just about managed to avoid buying a new tree since wasn't sure what I really wanted and I have a few unwatned things that Lexy won't play with or on so Stella can test run those!

Oh and then stopped at Sainsburys and bought a few more things...

• Super Cat
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2007, 16:17:54 PM »
Dawn - This is starting to scare me now. not only did we both post about remote control toys at the same time but we both just posted "Wow Helen".

this is starting to get freaky ladies!
 :rofl:

S x

Offline Marie

• Senior Cat
  • Maisy and Tommy
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2007, 15:59:45 PM »

Offline Marie

• Senior Cat
  • Maisy and Tommy
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2007, 15:56:44 PM »
Wow Helen that looks really good and all the posts are made of sisal.  We have only one sisal post on our bought cat tree all the rest are carpet.  Only the sisal one is used!!!

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2007, 15:55:29 PM »
Wow Helen that looks amazing!  ;D i'd imagine handmade would be much more sturdy and longlasting... although with two kittens on the way...  ;) who knows!  :heeee heeee:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2007, 15:52:54 PM »
I had a frenzy last week, I had nothing left in the fridge and was living out of the freezer but still couldn't help myself buying cat toys!  Got paid on Monday so ordered my super duper taller than me scratcher - £115  :Crazy:  I know you can get the same size cheaper from Zooplus etc but this one is handmade and looks really stable.  It's being delivered on Monday, how exciting  ;D

« Last Edit: March 30, 2007, 15:54:43 PM by Tiggy's Mum - Helen »

• Super Cat
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2007, 15:09:02 PM »
Thats what I done last week, except it wasn't payday hahahaha, now I'm skint till Monday haha.
I went to get my new kitty on Saturday, so last week I bought---

1) A new activity centre from Zooplus for £29.99 :) (It's excellent)

2) A covered litter tray as Tom loves to kick his litter all over the floor  :rofl:

3) 4 boxes of natures menu and 4 boxes of HiLife

4) New toys for Charlie  :Luv:

Well worth it  :Luv: (even though I'm going on holiday on 2 weeks and still need summery clothes hahahha :rofl:)

S x

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2007, 14:40:26 PM »
It's not pay day for me for another 2 weeks :(  but no doubt I'll be buying a replacement cat toy for the one Mosi broke earlier in the week.  It kept him occupied and had Jaffa racing up and down the room like he was 9 months instead of 9 years so it was £1.99 well spent!

I bought one of those remote control mice for PAH but it didnt' last long before Mosi broke it. 

Does anyone else think cat toys are really badly made?  They seem to be fine so long as the cat doesn't claw or chew it!   

Mosi's main expenditure this month is going to be his vaccinations which he's having on Tuesday - his first boosters.  Not sure he'll think that's a treat mind.

Offline Ann Clarke (Tabby cat)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Dylan 1999 (approx) - 26/12/09. Love you forever.
    • Gateshead CP
  • Slave to: Hobbes and Luna
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2007, 14:34:05 PM »
I'm sure I will be buying more stuff for my two this weekend (although after Hobbes woke me up at 4.45 this morning I'm not so sure  >:( > They have that mouse that squeaks too and they both love it although it is a bit wierd hearing the squeaking when you aren't quite sure where it is :rofl: I want a new scratch post for them and I quite fancy the remote control mouse and of course I await Hobbes' new Avior Carrier. Me spoil my cats - who said that  :shify:

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2007, 13:55:59 PM »
LOL I just posted in your other thread too  :rofl:

Def recommend the mouse anyway! I think I got as much fun from it as they did  ;)

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2007, 13:55:24 PM »
have to admit I was debating it last night (has been a long month!!), but we were offered bulk buys on worm and flea products, so have just spent £169 on that, so can't treat the cats now till I either get the insurance payout or I get the money back for this, whichever comes first!! Mind you, I still haven't got through teh £65 of food I bought on my first trip to PAH at the end of Feb yet!! And they really dont need any new toys. They will have chicken or fish this weekend though.
Please spay your cat

Offline Marie

• Senior Cat
  • Maisy and Tommy
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2007, 13:54:26 PM »
Thanks Dawn, I just crossed a post asking for a tip for a good remote control toy.  Think I will be off to Pets at Home tomorrow.  PS my shopping trips sound just like yours.

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
Cat stuff buying frenzy!
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2007, 13:49:26 PM »
Its payday today... and have I bought a single thing for myself (apart from food shopping that is!)
noooooooooooooo

but so far the cats have:
A remote controlled mouse (most fun thing ever!!! £7.99 PAH - our three LOVE it  ;D )
A mouse that squeaks when they pat it (Gertis new fave, it has slobber all over it  :rofl: )
A new covered litter tray
Chick crumb for litter (ordered online to see what the fuss is about!)
Enough hi-life to last a month (want to start feeding a GOOD wet food)
Enough JWB to complement the wet food - and a free cat food tin, and lots of free samples from the lady who owns the shop - she left working for us to open it!  ;D
De-furrum (they love them!)
A new cat tree for £25 on eBay inc delivery!

mmmm spoilt much? I want to get them a new blanket too as I have pinched a big box from work to make them a "den"  :)

People in work think i'm mad with all the pet food bags on my desk LOL  :rofl:

Anyone else getting kitty treats this pay day?  :oolala: :donate2:

Link to CatChat