Author Topic: Cancelling Insurance  (Read 2134 times)

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
Re: Cancelling Insurance
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2007, 11:52:02 AM »
Am glad to hear that.
Please spay your cat

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2007, 17:17:22 PM »
I phoned about the direct debit and she said oh we normally do that, so she put it through to stop and said if i want i could cancel aswell just to make sure.    :)

Offline Marie

• Senior Cat
  • Maisy and Tommy
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2007, 16:15:53 PM »
I think as long as your vet agrees it is recommended and your vet agrees to sign the paperwork they will pay out.  M&S have paid out everything we have claimed for Maisy so far including numerous tests which were recomended by the vet though maybe not absolutely necessary.
Marie, Maisy and Tommy xxx

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2007, 16:09:01 PM »
I had completely forgotton about market value so they could have got away with it!
Millys got a scale & polish booked this week, so another claim on the way.
Shes 7ish (according to rescues estimate) so iv decided to get bloods run before putting her under. Do you reckon M&S will cover those?

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2007, 18:57:37 PM »
Glad you've got your money :)

You're right Desley - I think the market value of the cat thing stops when they reach 8 years old.  Magpie was a few months over his 8th birthday when he died and I didn't get any money related to his market value (which was covered by his insurance).  Mind you - that was only £12 so I can live with that!

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2007, 18:47:55 PM »
Interesting about the second cheque - I dont get that cos my cats are over the age of 8 I think, I know there is a reason though. Dont know why it takes insurance cheques so long to arrive!!! Not sure why they haven't cancelled the DD though.
Please spay your cat

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2007, 19:05:25 PM »
Well im very pleased i got 2 cheques, one covering the full amount of his treatment and the other for the market value of my pet, £40. Wasnt expecting that! They wrote the cheques on the 16th and its taken 2 weeks for them to reach me. They havent cancelled the direct debit tho so will phone them next week about that.
Would have thought they would take any outstanding payments off the cheque total if they wanted them, incase my account stopped paying out...

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2007, 15:46:00 PM »
Thanks, il hold off phoning them, theres a couple of weeks before the next debit so im not in a huge rush.

Offline Ann Clarke (Tabby cat)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Dylan 1999 (approx) - 26/12/09. Love you forever.
    • Gateshead CP
  • Slave to: Hobbes and Luna
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2007, 14:26:57 PM »
M & S cancelled Sophie's policy automatically after they paid the claim out when she was pts and I didn't have to do anything or pay any more. You should be fine with them and as Susanne says they are really nice on the phone.

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2007, 12:29:38 PM »
I paid the full year's premium for Aslan. When he died,only 2 months into the policy, M&S refunded the unused 10 months premium.

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2007, 21:36:25 PM »
With Pebbles, it was cancelled automatically after they made the final payment, I didnt have to do anything. Unfortunately, I did receive both letters on the same day, and I opened the wrong one first, and wondered why on earth the policy had been cancelled, and what about the final claim, as they hadn't contacted me. But the second was the letter and cheque. So, I would actually hold off on the phone call.
Please spay your cat

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2007, 20:05:54 PM »
Thanks Susanne   :)

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2007, 17:24:31 PM »
I think it's a case of some do and some don't.  I've always paid my premiums monthly and when Magpie died a couple of months into a policy they refunded the remainder (ie they cancelled remaining payments).  That was with petplan.  Hopefully M&S will be the same.

There was a thread on catchat about this a while back which might help.  Not sure if M&S is mentioned.

http://www.catchat.org/discus/messages/15/54684.html?1160349590

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2007, 16:52:45 PM »
Thanks Gill.
I think it would be rather mean to charge for the rest of the year when you have had to have your pet pts, its different if your cancelling just because you feel like it.
We'll see how evil they are!

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2007, 16:16:28 PM »
Sorry I dont know the answer but as I paid monthly for Kocka when with Sainsburys , they said the one reason that you didnt have to pay the rest of the premium was on the death of the animal. They also paid out for all the expensive stuff at the end.

Lets hope M&S are the samecos I am with them now too. The people on the end of the phone at M&S are usually very nice, so that is one good thing  :hug:

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Cancelling Insurance
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2007, 15:46:58 PM »
Im phoning M&S on Monday to cancel Georges policy. Iv read my terms book and it says if you cancel and have claimed you dont get your outstanding premiums back if you pay by instalments.
It doesnt mention if this is different for cancelling because of the death of a pet.
Im just wondering what to expect when i call.

Link to CatChat