Author Topic: Just had to take Otis to the vets - Terrible news:-(  (Read 4880 times)

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
Just had to take Otis to the vets - Terrible news:-(
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2007, 00:28:14 AM »
Otis is one of my feral babes and is happily living outdoors.  He spends most of his time in the garden and usually comes running when you put food out.  Earlier on he didn't appear, I was a little worried as he disappeared for 3 days last week and I think he'd got himself trapped in somewhere.  Anyway, he turned up about 10.30 crying outside the back door, he was all hunched up and he couldn't stand up straight  :'(  He let me pick him up which is never a good sign, as normally I can't get near him.  I put him in a carrier and phoned Sean up to get him looked at.  With him being a feral, it's not that easy to examine them when injured unless they are sedated but as I was holding him for Sean to give him a painkiller, we noticed some of the fur on his back had been tugged on or something.  Sean thinks he may have been grabbed by something and bit although we couldn't see any obvious puncture marks apart from what looked like a slash down his spine.  Anyway, he's been kept in, had a painkiller and an anti inflammatory and he's going to be sedated, x rayed and checked over in the morning.  Sean said he may possibly have to stay in so they can administer antibiotics as there's no way on this earth I'm going to get them down him.  Keep your fingers crossed it's nothing serious, he looked absolutely petrified bless him  :'(  :'(
« Last Edit: October 19, 2007, 11:45:59 AM by Dawn (DiddyDawn) »

Link to CatChat