Author Topic: Pooing on the floor  (Read 1766 times)

Offline Claire_smc

• Hero Cat
Re: Pooing on the floor
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2009, 22:08:24 PM »
Sorry I didn't update, things are crazy at this end recently! The vet said he didn't think it was cystitis, but thinks I didn't put a deep enough layer of litter in the tray as she didn't scratch and cover her pees when she does them, and this could be putting her off from pooing in the tray. So I started putting a thick layer of litter in the tray and she still doesn't cover her pees, and she still poos on the floor  :-: Other than that, everything seems perfectly fine though, I don't know whether it's a medical condition as there are no other symptoms, or whether it's psychological in any way  :Crazy:

'I love my cats because I love my home, and after a while they become its visible soul'

'I have studied many philsophers and many cats. The wisdom of cats is infinitely superior'

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2009, 19:09:45 PM »
Hows pepsi doing?

Offline Fire Fox

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Tallulah & Bridge boy Noah Pesto-chops
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2009, 21:58:11 PM »
Noah poos up to three times a day on certain foods, and only once a day on others. I *think* for him it's rice that sets off the extra visits to the tray, definitely have the best results on raw only OR any of several wet foods plus a grain free dry (Applaws or Orijen). I assume once a day is normal, never had an indoor cat before!  :-[
:'( My beautiful Noah rescued 13/02/09, adopted 11/10/09, taken 11/02/11 :'( You deserved so much more.
Lulu's Catbook
http://apps.facebook.com/catbook/profile/view/10311818

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2009, 20:36:58 PM »
that's a lot of poos in a short space of time - something not right, I fear
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2009, 12:50:45 PM »
I think a vet visit is a good idea in case she's not feeling well  :hug:
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Claire_smc

• Hero Cat
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2009, 11:12:56 AM »
*sigh* Came downstairs today to find poo on the sofa for the second time in the past few days. Obviously done early this morning because as we were cleaning it up, she went and did another poo on the kitchen floor!  :doh: :Crazy: Definately going to be talking to the vet about it on Thursday  :-:

'I love my cats because I love my home, and after a while they become its visible soul'

'I have studied many philsophers and many cats. The wisdom of cats is infinitely superior'

Offline Claire_smc

• Hero Cat
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2009, 00:53:13 AM »
I'll get OH to mention it to the vet when he takes her on Thursday :) She seems ok with every other aspect of 'going' though, her poo looks healthy  :sick: :evillaugh:, and she doesn't seem like she's in any pain when she uses the tray. I don't think it's a case of missing the tray either, as it's always been quite a distance away. When I came home from work tonight I cleaned both the trays out and topped them up with litter, and about 5 mins later she'd done a poo in one of the trays (hope this means she's going to wait for me to clean the tray from now on... wishful thinking!  :rofl:

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2009, 00:35:40 AM »
Winter can do funny things to cats, especially girls.  :evillaugh: But the frequent peeing needs attention. She could have a touch of cystitis.  ;)

Try a hooded tray. It could be a marksmenship issue.  :sneaky:

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2009, 23:23:36 PM »
sounds like some health issue here rather than behavioural

hopefully the vet will have some suggestions as to what is going on
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline Claire_smc

• Hero Cat
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2009, 22:50:45 PM »
3 trays for one cat  :shocked: I use Sainsburys clumping litter. She's about middleaged, not sure exactly as she was abandoned so we don't have any details on her, but we're going to ask at the vets on Thursday how old he thinks she is. She does a wide variety of wees  :evillaugh: Some tiny little ones, and some flood ones that take up half of the tray, when we came down this morning there was two pees in each tray, I didn't think it was possible for so much liquid to come out of such a small animal  :rofl:

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2009, 19:05:51 PM »
Sounds like another tray is needed, typical cats! What litter do use?
How old is she? Are the wees smaller and more frequent or big flood ones?

Offline Claire_smc

• Hero Cat
Pooing on the floor
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2009, 12:16:24 PM »
Me again, we've managed to curb the begging for food a little so feel like we're making good progress with that, but we have a problem which we can't seem to sort out as easily and am looking for advice  :innocent:

When we first got Pepsi she had one litter tray, but some days we'd come down to find she'd pood on the kitchen floor, next to the tray. I put this down to one of two things; either she was stressed from moving in, or she was one of those cats who didn't like to pee and poo in the same tray. So after a little while we got a second tray so she could keep her number ones and number twos seperate. The thing is, she's started peeing in both trays, and is still pooing on the floor! We've figured out that she won't poo in a tray that has any pee in it at all, so as long as we can keep on top of scooping the clumped up litter out as soon as it appears she'll poo in one of the trays, however she seems to pee about a million times a day, so when we both go to sleep we'll come down in the morning and find a little present on the floor again as both trays will be full. Do I need to buy ANOTHER tray?! Should I be worried about the amount of times she's peeing during the day?

Link to CatChat