Author Topic: Keep your fingers crossed  (Read 8449 times)

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
Re: Keep your fingers crossed
« Reply #55 on: April 17, 2007, 16:51:48 PM »
Sarah, if all goes to plan, I've got the cats from Telford going in to be spayed on Thursday.  I will be dropping them off at Margarets in the evening, I'm going to get Sean to take them to the other surgery for me.  How are you fixed for going over then?

Offline Elaine

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #54 on: April 17, 2007, 14:16:34 PM »
Hope Dudley settles in well at the farm and hopefully wont beat the dogs up too much.

Offline Rosiecat

• Adult Cat
« Reply #53 on: April 17, 2007, 13:42:42 PM »
I know we have now spoken Dawn but have just seen this!!! He's fine - a bit boingy and everywhere but not aggressive.

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #52 on: April 16, 2007, 13:41:04 PM »
I know change of subject but Sarah, what's Pickles like with other cats?
« Last Edit: April 16, 2007, 13:42:51 PM by Dawn (DiddyDawn) »

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #51 on: April 16, 2007, 13:10:45 PM »
Just a quick update.....Father cat is a lot better, he has a slight limp but hopefully it won't cause too many problems for him in the future.  Dudley is also doing really well.  He has, I've discovered got a bit of an attitude problem and has given me a couple of undeserved whacks whilst changing bedding or feeding  :censored:  He can be very loving but I think at some stage he has been ill treated at the hands of humans  :'(  He is also a bit of a buggar with other cats and any that experience the whacks I've had, I really feel sorry for.  I have decided on another course of action for Dudley, he was going to the stables with some of mine but I honestly think he's going to cause ruptions.  We have a farm up the lane from us and they have kindly offered to take him, they have no other cats up there so it will be hopefully ideal for him and they are friends of mine so I can also keep an eye on him.  He will be going up there later today to start his new life and hopefully he won't beat up their corgi's  :rofl:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #50 on: April 02, 2007, 00:47:34 AM »
Father cat is fine and he will be going home tomorrow......he definitely doesn't appreciate being confined and in a house so the sooner the better for him really.  He isn't stressed out but if he could rip me to shreds he would  :rofl:  My newbie resident Mr bully cat who is also from the farm, has now been name "Dudley".......we still need a name for Father cat (as Anne calls him) so if anyone has any idea's we would appreciate it  :)

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #49 on: March 30, 2007, 15:16:08 PM »
Hi Mariner   :thanks: and  :welcome:  I've spoken to Anne this morning but haven't yet updated her on the latest news.  I'm going out shortly to pick him up, fingers crossed he'll be okay but at least Ann can monitor him on a daily basis and if there's any problems we will just have to attempt to catch him again  :Crazy:
« Last Edit: March 30, 2007, 15:22:28 PM by Dawn (DiddyDawn) »

Offline mariner

• Kitten
« Reply #48 on: March 30, 2007, 15:12:25 PM »
Anne rang me today to tell me he was getting treated. She is very grateful that he is getting some help. Do hope he will soon be fine and thank you for your good work.

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #47 on: March 30, 2007, 14:26:13 PM »
Just spoken to Sean and I'm a little bit peed off  :censored:   When I rang yesterday about the ferals leg, I was told there was only tissue damage.  This is what the other vet had said when he checked the x rays.  Sean's dealt with him today and he said he can see shadowing round the wrist joint which is due to a fracture.   He said it's not a bad one but obviously it will slow him down a little bit.  I also asked him to check his eyes for me........one is fine, the other one he thinks he's probably got about 25% vision in it.  The cause he thinks was a damaged tooth and root, this has now been removed and he's also taken out another tooth which was wobbly.  He should be waking up shortly and I will then be able to pick him up.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2007, 14:27:59 PM by Dawn (DiddyDawn) »

Offline Elaine

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #46 on: March 30, 2007, 11:41:59 AM »
Have everything crossed for that gorgous wildy xxx

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #45 on: March 30, 2007, 11:23:39 AM »
The injured babe is back in the vets this morning for his checkup.  I've decided I'll keep him here til Monday and that way, he'll have a couple more days rest.

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #44 on: March 30, 2007, 01:55:21 AM »
Here's a couple of piccies of the 2 gorgeous boys  :Luv:  :Luv:

The injured feral is the one in the cage, and the other who is probably the one that injured him is lay on the blanket  :Luv:  The injured one is blind in one eye but looking at the pic, he may have a problem in the other eye as well  :'(

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: March 30, 2007, 01:57:50 AM by Dawn (DiddyDawn) »

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #43 on: March 29, 2007, 12:41:36 PM »
I like to think of my two unhandlables as work in progress!

Ace will be 4 in June and we will have had him 2 years and he doesn't do touching or humans at all really but has now started jumping on to the sink near where I cut breakfast for them at night and will take a bit of food so long as my hand isn't to close and he loves the laser pen and all the other cats and even our dog he is also sociable and spends his time at night in the lounge with us but far enough away so we can't touch.  he has at least stopped launching himself from a great height at us and alsthough involved in the mass escape he allowed himself to be trapped making a fine mess of his face but he is now home and happy.

Sailor came back to us 15 months ago till his owners sorted out their home rpossession with his sister Amber and they are now ours to as theowners never came back.  He lives upstairs in our study and will now tolerate stroking if you ignore the hissing and lunging and is a happy wee soul but not human orientated unlike his tortie sister who is now Robins stalker and for the first time in her life has put a paw out the door and is discovering the delights of grass at the weekends on supervised outings - she has dodgy hips so its only 2 days a week as she seems to need the other 5 to recover her beauty sleep!

So wild is an interesting term depends on their creature comforts! :innocent:
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #42 on: March 29, 2007, 11:07:27 AM »
They have free run of the house and take over every room, even our bedroom and the bed   

I have Brindly leg here Pic on my site (Sponsor page). There is no way I can touch him,  he has the run of the house. he must be 15 ish now I had him and his brother as kittens, at the time I had numerous feral kittens and all but the two brothers tamed down. As he had really known nothing else (except as very small kittens) they were fine in the house. One day a few years ago his brother was just laying under my bed. I moved the bed and was able to pick him up so I knew all was not well, sadly there was nothing that could be done for him.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #41 on: March 29, 2007, 10:59:37 AM »
If I knew he would settle here, it wouldn't be a problem but he has got a home so it's not an issue.  Obviously if he couldn't go back, then I would attempt to integrate him........I have got some wildies here that I can't get near, but they are happy and settled.  They have free run of the house and take over every room, even our bedroom and the bed  :censored:  :rofl:

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #40 on: March 29, 2007, 10:52:19 AM »
I agree that it unfar to keep a wild cat caged up, there would be no qualiity life for tit would there?

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #39 on: March 29, 2007, 10:38:52 AM »
The one that I'm keeping is the one I had neutered, not the one with the poorly leg.  I would love to keep him here but he's totally wild and it wouldn't be fair on him, all he's ever known is the farm and even though life isn't perfect for him, it's home and he loves it and he's happy there  :Luv:

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2007, 09:25:41 AM »
And it's much better for the injured one that he stays here

;) Of course it is. I have to admit I know what you mean. It is difficult to let go especially if the little one is not 100%

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2007, 09:22:01 AM »
we've decided the "naughty" one that I took to be neutered can stay here and be rehomed

What a surprise. ;D

I know but what can I do  :Dont know:  And it's much better for the injured one that he stays here  :evillaugh:

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2007, 09:15:58 AM »
we've decided the "naughty" one that I took to be neutered can stay here and be rehomed

What a surprise. ;D

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2007, 09:12:26 AM »
After having a chat with hubby last night, we've decided the "naughty" one that I took to be neutered can stay here and be rehomed  :Luv:  :Luv:  He is such a lovely cat and it would be a shame for him to go back, I'm sure he will make someone a fab pet  :Luv:  :Luv:

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2007, 07:40:23 AM »
Aww, I am so glad it is positive news for the little one, fingers crossed he gets cleared on his check up and can go back home.
Please spay your cat

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2007, 07:09:53 AM »
well done Dawn.  Sounds like you got to him just in time.    ;D

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2007, 20:04:36 PM »
Poor little sausage. Glad you got to him in the nick of time - hope he relaxes a little bit soon.

I do feel awful for him, he's the most timid out of the feral cats on the farm and no one can get near him.....if only he could understand you are just trying to help him  :'(  As soon as he's had his check up on Friday, as long as the vets are pleased with him, he can spend another day here to recover from sedation and then go home again on Saturday.  He gets fed where he is so he can be monitored on a daily basis.........I just dread it if I had to trap him again  :'(

Offline Baggy

• Hero Cat
« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2007, 20:01:06 PM »
Poor little sausage. Glad you got to him in the nick of time - hope he relaxes a little bit soon.

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2007, 19:03:37 PM »
It's good news for this little fella  :)  He's had 2 x rays and nothing is broken.  The leg is extremely swollen though and he has soft tissue damage which is more than likely due to a cat bite, and I think I have the little culprit here  :shify:  They inserted a needle and there was no pus but it was on the verge of turning so it looks like we got him just in time.  He's had an injection of Convenia and also an injection of Lincocin, he's also been wormed and defleaded.  He's got to go back in a couple of days for a check up where he will have to be sedated again.  He's not a very friendly cat, the vet nurse described him as dangerous but he's just extremely frightened.  I will try and take some piccies later.

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2007, 18:51:04 PM »
What news, Dawn?

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2007, 17:58:52 PM »
 :'( :'(

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2007, 10:41:06 AM »
This little man is now in the vets.  We won't know whether or not his leg is broken until he's been knocked out..........he is not a happy kitty and is very agressive  :'(  Sean has said if it's a hairline fracture, then he would suggest leaving it but if it's broken, the leg is going to have to come off.  He said there is no way he is putting a cast on him as it will totally freak him out and he doesn't think he'll cope with being caged for 6 weeks.  I've got to phone up this afternoon and hopefully the news will be good.

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2007, 21:47:47 PM »
I've just emailed Sean to give him the news  :evillaugh:  :evillaugh:  I'm a bit concerned really, I'm not sure what's going to happen if he has to have his leg amputated  :'(  Although the farm is safe, it's right near a main road so I'm going to have to have a chat with the lady who feeds him and try and sort something out.  It may not be safe for him to go back......I just don't know as yet, I'll have to wait and see what Sean finds in the morning.  Hopefully, he's got an infected wound and a course of antibiotics will sort him.

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2007, 21:44:05 PM »
Aww, am so glad you have caught him and he can be sorted now.
Please spay your cat

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2007, 21:23:38 PM »
This gorgeous little babe is now sat in the trap and he'll be in the vets first thing in the morning  :yesss:  :yesss:  :yesss:  :yesss:

I've not managed to have a look at him as I've only just got in with him, he went really submissive in the trap and lay on his back.......poor, poor babe  :'(  :'(  :'(

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2007, 18:30:07 PM »
Not as yet Des.  He's still around but he's still too scared of the trap so I've left the trap unset and he's being fed as normal over the weekend as I'm working, and I'll have another go either Sunday evening or Monday.  The other one can stay here until I manage to catch the injured one and then he can go back.

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2007, 09:29:34 AM »
Aww, any more news on this one Dawn? Good that the unneutered tom is done now.
Please spay your cat

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2007, 14:37:19 PM »
Just picked the little one up from the vets and he's fine.  He's had a couple of swipes at the vet nurse and gave her a couple of scratches but he's extremely frightened bless him.  His cheeks have been checked and they can't find anything untoward apart from the thickening, I've got to speak to the vet later to see if there's any treatment he needs for them.  Whilst in the vets he decided to have a wee in his carrier so my car and myself now reek of tom cat smell  :censored:

The injured one hasn't been seen today but again the farm is busy.  It's raining now but the traps still out and the lady is going to give me a ring if he appears.  If I can't get him in the trap, I think I will have to use the grasper on him or try and borrow a net from somewhere........I can't leave him too long untreated.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2007, 14:40:45 PM by Dawn (DiddyDawn) »

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2007, 10:30:21 AM »
The unneutered one is now in the vets having the chop.  When checking him last night, I noticed his cheeks were very rounded which can mean typical mature tom but on feeling them they felt really hard  :-:  I've mentioned it to the vet and on just a quick diagnosis she thinks he has severe thickening of the skin, I've not heard of this before so I'm not so sure but she's going to give him a proper inspection whilst he's under.  Hopefully it's something and nothing and he can be sorted out.

Offline forever_missing_my_boys(Lisa)

• Super Cat
  • MY LOVE MY LIFE MY EVERYTHING =MY GSD TODD
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2007, 00:09:50 AM »
awwww i hope u get him soon
MUMMY TO TODD THE DOG AND MOLLY,BAILEY,BRIDIE,FLOSSY
,PICKLES,MAKOSI AND MAX THE CATS
 I :catluv: CATS

( A Kitten/Cat is for Life )

( A LIFE IS A LIFE WHEATHER LAMB OR MAN )
NO ONE LIFE IS MORE PRECIOUS THEN ANOTHER

FOREVER MISSING MY PRECIOUS BRIDGE BABES SNOWY AND BUBBLES :candle:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2007, 22:17:28 PM »
He turned up but wouldn't go anywhere near the trap.  I've had to admit defeat and give him a little food......he's hardly had anything the last 4 days and today he wouldn't have had anything  :'(  I'm worried about him getting too weak if he's not eating and the weather's cold so he needs something inside him.  I think if the trap hadn't have caught his back end yesterday, I would have caught him but sod's law, it wasn't meant to be. The good news is I've caught the unneutered one  :evillaugh:  He's a lovely cat really, quite loveable with humans but a bully to other cats.  He's in for the chop tomorrow and he can stay here until I've caught the injured one and then he can go back.

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2007, 20:16:05 PM »
Still no luck  :(  He was seen at 6.30 this morning and I haven't seen him all day and I've literally been there hours.  The unneutered tom has been attacking the farm cats so this could be why the injured one hasn't appeared.  I've just come home to feed my "neglected" family before they all starve to death and then I'm going back down there.  I've left the two traps and I've fed the other ferals but I'm hoping either the injured one turns up or the nasty unneutered one goes in the trap........if he does, he's already booked in for the chop in the morning and he'll have to stay here for a few days.  I'm hoping with him out of the way, it will be easier to catch the injured one. 

Offline Gail Bengal Slave

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2007, 10:44:40 AM »
:censored: so close & yet so far - all bits crossed you get him DD xxxxxx

Cheers Gail  :hug:  I will get him if it kills me.......lol.  The vet is on standby for him so I can wizz him straight in when I get him.

I know you will  DD - if any one can you can  - I just hope you get him in time to save his leg  :scared: - gentle soothing vibes on the way.

A Meow Massages your heart.

Link to CatChat