Author Topic: Urgent Help Needed  (Read 1663 times)

Offline Purrlishious

• Distinguished Cat
  • Poppy Ruby Dolly
Re: Urgent Help Needed
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2009, 19:26:05 PM »
So pleased all is well now...

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2009, 15:19:00 PM »
Glad to hear she is much better  :)
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2009, 10:05:13 AM »
Glad she is OK. I would probably play it safe and give 1/2 a piriton in this situation in case there is swelling blocking airways. It sounds like she is fine now anyway  :hug:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline MrsR

• Honorary Cat
  • RIP Sylvester, Sofa & Bunty - my furbabies x
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2009, 10:01:09 AM »
Good news x

Offline Daisymac

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • Slave to: Daisy, Polly Lollypop Legs, Harry, Rosie Growler, Teabag, Gracie Dirty Face, Ruby Red Drawers, Picalli Polkadot Pants, Junior Officer Ripley, Kenny Kitten, Millie The Milster
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2009, 09:55:55 AM »
Just an update,  Piccalli slept in bed with me last night and is back to normal this morning,   I dont know what she ate but she seems to have recovered so I am pleased xx

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2009, 23:17:51 PM »
Hope she is still Ok  :hug:

Offline Daisymac

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • Slave to: Daisy, Polly Lollypop Legs, Harry, Rosie Growler, Teabag, Gracie Dirty Face, Ruby Red Drawers, Picalli Polkadot Pants, Junior Officer Ripley, Kenny Kitten, Millie The Milster
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2009, 20:49:32 PM »
Just an update,  rung the vets,  they said to leave her to sleep and keep an eye on her,   about 10 minutes ago she ate some chicken and drunk some water,   I am happier now she has eaten and drunk so will keep an eye on her and she what happens - thanks for you help x

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2009, 20:15:52 PM »
Poor girl, if she doesnt seem right I agree I would definitely ring the vets to be safe, they should be able to advise you over the phone  :hug:

Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline ginge66

• Distinguished Cat
  • Nigel R.I.P, 1989-2007
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2009, 19:45:25 PM »
Hi sorry to hear about your cat. If you ring your vets there should be an emergency number you can call then hopefully you will be able to speak to a nurse who will advise you on what to do. Hopefully she should be allright let us know how you get on :hug:

Offline Daisymac

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
Urgent Help Needed
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2009, 19:40:43 PM »
My cat Piccalli was out with me this afternoon in the garden,  at about 5PM she ate something from the grass,  could have been a bee or a wasp or something else,  she immediately was sick and carried on being sick or attempting to be sick for about 30 minutes,  her breathing was really fast and she was very aggitated,  she calmed down and ever since has been sleeping on the sofa really quietly,  she wont eat or drink and is definitely not herself,   (poisoning is not a possibility,  we live on an organic farm and there are no chemicals at all used),  so has she been stung in the throat or something worse,  I dont know if I should take her to the vets,  they are closed now and my vets is a £190 call out,  I have the money,  (wouldnt be able to eat for a few weeks !) ,  it is not really the money I am worried about,  it is Piccalli,  should I leave her to see how she is in a few hours or take her to the vets ?  she is purring and sleeping but def not herself,  has anyone else had a cat eat a bee or a wasp ?,  what happens ?,  thanks in advance for you help x

Link to CatChat