Author Topic: Milbemax and loose stools?  (Read 1969 times)

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
Re: Milbemax and loose stools?
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2008, 11:04:26 AM »
Good luck for the latest little one Dabs, everytime I think I can't be surprised at people something happens and I am!!
Please spay your cat

Offline dabs

• Cat Rescue
  • Senior Cat
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2008, 20:11:47 PM »
Well she has certainly gone for it tonight on the litter tray front and i am totally convinced it is the wormer. Will starve her now for 24 hours and try again. She was doing so well as well.

Starting to look like an ITU ward for sicky put tats. Trotty Tilly, Toby with what looks like blood in his wee so probabably the start of a UTI so anothr trip to the vets and a poor lad come in today near death, because he strayed into a "I don't like cats" kind of garden and the delightful person watched this cat starve and scavenge bread thrown out for the birds before realising that the chances were now that the cat is thin that he would probably die in his garden, THEN he decides to seek help for the cat!  :censored: Ulcererated corneas, pitifully thin, filthy, on 2 hourly little feeds of AD and keeping him warm and comfy. If he lives till the weekend then we truly are in the season of miracles!
Nuneaton and Hinckley Cats in Need

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2008, 19:35:41 PM »
Out of my six, five of them are fine with Milbemax but it makes Raffiki poorly - runs and vomitting so he has Drontal which he is fine with. 

I hope your little one is better soon. xxx
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner?  :wow:
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2008, 19:08:31 PM »
I have better luck with mixing at each meal upto 90% new food then just onto 100% normal food for all meals, if shes still having mainly i/d and one meal of just classic her tummy will be digesting different quality foods at different times

Offline dabs

• Cat Rescue
  • Senior Cat
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2008, 20:37:34 PM »
It would be better to mix a little of the new food into the i/d at each meal instead of one whole meal of a different food and work it up that way, with bad tummies i start at literally one teaspoon of new food into whichever prescirption diet they are using

Been there, done that and got the T Shirt! This is how I worked up tp one meal. I am totally convinced it is the wormer that has set her off again, so back to square one till she settles again.  :(

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2008, 19:15:44 PM »
It would be better to mix a little of the new food into the i/d at each meal instead of one whole meal of a different food and work it up that way, with bad tummies i start at literally one teaspoon of new food into whichever prescirption diet they are using

Offline dabs

• Cat Rescue
  • Senior Cat
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2008, 15:31:33 PM »
Her main diet is Hills ID at the moment with one meal being Classic as she settled on that. My intention is to put her back onto ID till her tummy settles, could be that she is still a bit sensitive tummy wise.

Poached fish for tea then!

Offline Debsymiller (Rufus' mum)

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
  • RIP Layla and Rufus- love you forever xxx
    • East Surrey Cats Protection
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2008, 15:28:42 PM »
Mine are always fine after Milbemax but if she's got a tendency to have a poorly tum then it's probably just par and parcel of her having any medication. Maybe give her some very gentle food (poached chicken or similar) til it settles down and then try and get her onto a more sensitive food which is designed for cats with poorly tums.
I hope she feels better soon
« Last Edit: December 29, 2008, 15:28:59 PM by Debsymiller »

Offline dabs

• Cat Rescue
  • Senior Cat
Milbemax and loose stools?
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2008, 15:24:05 PM »
Wormed Tilly again yesterday (the little one that came in with colitis) and gave her a Milbemax. Over the last few days her tummy had settled nicely to the point where I was gradually introducing Butchers Classic which she was tolerating well. Today she has used her tray 5 times so far, semi formed stools and certainly not as loose as they were when she first came in. None the less she has stepped up the tray visits. Apologies if you are eating while reading this!  :innocent:

Anyway has anyone else had loose stools after taking milbemax, cat wise not human of course!

Done a search for the data sheets and it does not mention it, so before I call the vets for advice I was just wondering if anyone else had experienced/heard of this.

Ta

Deb

Link to CatChat