Author Topic: Kitten urinating next to (but not in) litter tray  (Read 1838 times)

Offline Lynds

• Adult Cat
  • Izzy
Re: Kitten urinating next to (but not in) litter tray
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2008, 18:38:06 PM »
I should stress tried World's best on THEM..not that I tried it or nothing...

:rofl:

Offline Lynds

• Adult Cat
  • Izzy
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2008, 18:37:31 PM »
My cats looked at me with utter disgust when I tried World's best...

:rofl:

Offline HaneyHarperIndyMum (Val)

• Senior Cat
  • Harper Boy
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2008, 18:53:12 PM »
My Marl has always never got this quite right and at over 1 yrs old now still scrapes at the sides of the tray and never manages to cover up his poop.  :doh:
Hunter, my 1 yr old Maine Coon is the same way.  lol  In the litter box he just scrapes at the sides endlessly and still leaves his poop uncovered.  The funny thing is that when he is out in my garden , he will cover up his poop in the dirt!  Funny huh?

Good luck with correcting this litter box issue.  I would have to agree with putting a few extra litter boxes out and see if that does not help.  Try a different litter too.  I really love worlds best too.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 18:54:46 PM by HunterHarleyMum (Val) »

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2008, 18:46:11 PM »
What type of litter is it? Could be as shes growing and getting heavier its uncomfortable to use. Try a soft fine litter such as worlds best (clay isnt reccomended for little kittens) in an extra tray and see if they like it

Offline Lynds

• Adult Cat
  • Izzy
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2008, 18:10:55 PM »
Aww they are super duper cute!

xx

Offline Hannikat

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2008, 15:20:22 PM »
awwwwwwwww!!!!!!! they are two seriously cute babes! :Luv2:

Offline clairecat

• Kitten
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2008, 14:49:45 PM »
Hope this works........!

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2008, 14:09:39 PM »
Hi Hun

Great let us know what happens at vets  :Luv:

Have a lookie ere on how to post pic's  Would love to see them  ;D
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,13872.0.html

Offline clairecat

• Kitten
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2008, 12:08:06 PM »
Thanks for the suggestions  - we were thinking a larger try might be a solution. There due to go the vets this week for jabs and to check on their ringworm (Rosie has it worst but I don't think this would be affecting the peeing problem...?!)

Any other ideas?

I just tried attaching a picture but it said the file size was too big - you can tell I'm new to all this.....!

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2008, 11:43:08 AM »
Oh and forgot to say. Some cats don't get the litter tray covering up quite right lol   You could try one of the trays being larger than the others and see if she uses the litter and not the side of the tray to cover up.
My Marl has always never got this quite right and at over 1 yrs old now still scrapes at the sides of the tray and never manages to cover up his poop.  :doh:

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2008, 11:38:33 AM »
HI Claire  :welcome:

Firstly i would agree with Sheryl as a bloated round tum does normally mean worms  so she will need a dose to put that right. If no worms can be seen in poos, then it could be a gastro virus (forgotten name now). My Rio has this as a youngster  ie very bloated tum and running bum and a good dose of panacur solved it.

With litter trays  some cats won't poo and pee in the same one so like one for each. Is always best to have one litter tray per cat and if the probs still happen add one more.

They sound wonderful  ;D Do ya have any pics  ;D

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2008, 10:53:49 AM »
I would pop her to the vets for a check up and if her tum is bloated she probably needs worming.
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner?  :wow:
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline clairecat

• Kitten
Kitten urinating next to (but not in) litter tray
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2008, 10:37:19 AM »
Hi everyone,

My partner and I got 2 8 week old kittens 2 weeks ago called Rosie and Pepper. They seem to have both settled down well, eating well and using their litter tray with no problems. Then about a week ago Rosie (the more dominant of the 2) started urinating in the corner of the hall next to the front door. After this happend a few times we put another litter tray down there which seems to have have helped slightly but we have caught her a few times trying to go next to the box. She's now gone back to urinating on the bathroom floor next to the original box.

They are both doing poos in the boxes which is why it is confusing that Rosie does not like urinating in them. We are using the same litter that they were used to in the rescue shelter where they came from and we've had no big changes in circumstance since we got them that might have upset them. Another thing we've noticed her doing is standing in the box and repeatedly scratching the rim of the box and the carpet/floor around it as if trying to move the pellets around that aren't there!

Also, she has a very full feeling tummy which looks very round and bloated which I'm not sure is related as she is managing to go to the toilet seemingly normally (approx. 1 or 2 poos a day and we're clearing up 3/4 wees a day) and doesn't seem to be in any discomfort. She's a lovely normal kitten if every other way!

Does anyone have any advice/suggestions before we get through all the kitchen roll in th UK!

Link to CatChat