Author Topic: A nightmare with Azura - RIP Sweetheart  (Read 8961 times)

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
Re: A nightmare with Azura - RIP Sweetheart
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2008, 14:21:36 PM »
Something will have to be sorted out.  All the hassle of it all just makes me ill, I've had a banging head for 3 days and was as sick as a dog this morning, and I really need to get some kip  :tired:  The good thing is, Amelia seems to be doing well and although she has an eye problem which apparently she has always had, she seems to be in pretty good health generally.  She will now obviously be going in for bloods just in case but I'm a bit more confidant about her outcome.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2008, 14:13:01 PM »
 I hope to god this person gives up I really do, the amount of misery - well I don't need to tell you  :hug: to you and the gang

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2008, 14:08:20 PM »
I can't tell you how awful I feel for you about this Dawn, I have her picture on the fridge at home, she was a little babe

Thanks hun  :hug:  :hug:  Sadly, her time on earth just wasn't meant to be but Sean did say this morning, if I hadn't have had her, she would have suffered so at least this way she went peacefully, has had good food for a month, a warm bed and loads of fusses.  It would be great to be able to wave a magic wand and make them all better but in reality, all we can do is to do our best.  I know Sean gives me grief for getting involved with these cats, but I can honestly say this morning, I really think he could understand in Azura's case why I couldn't turn my back on her.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2008, 13:54:05 PM »
I can't tell you how awful I feel for you about this Dawn, I have her picture on the fridge at home, she was a little babe

Offline madkittyrescue

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Sarah, slave to the 4 legged furball gang!
    • Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2008, 13:51:48 PM »
dawn I'm really sorry to hear about Azura.... play hard at the bridge little one... you deserve some happiness.

you did everything you could for her Dawn :hug:  :hug:
Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
Covering Fife, Edinburgh & Lothians

http://www.sunnyharbour.org.uk

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2008, 13:50:03 PM »
Thanks everyone  :hug:  Azura did go peacefully, she was sedated first and fell asleep in my arms.  I know I made the right decision but it's still hard having to make it  :'(  I forgot to mention in my earlier post, she did have a lot of fluid round her heart as well so it was getting near her time.  I just feel gutted for her, she was only a youngster and I just wish I'd have stepped in sooner but then again, Sean said the outcome would probably have still been the same  :'(

So sorry for the loss of Azura seems like the Bridge got kids from us both today :(

So sorry Liz, sending you big  :hug:  :hug:

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2008, 13:45:18 PM »
So sorry for the loss of Azura seems like the Bridge got kids from us both today :(

Sending hugs from the sad Clan Cats to you and yours :hug:
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Bryony84

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Amber and Chilli
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2008, 13:13:23 PM »
I'm so sorry to hear this, but it sounds like you definitely made the right decision and Azura can play now at the bridge without pain.

Sweet dreams little one.

:hug:

http://furrytripod.wordpress.com/ : Casper's tripod blog and sponsorship page

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2008, 13:08:16 PM »
Oh no Dawn I am so shocked.  I am so so sorry what an awful thing.  RIP sweet Azura hope your journey to the Bridge was peaceful.  We will look after you mummy for you as best we can. 

Offline Sabrina (Auferstehen)

• Super Cat
    • Bywater Paws
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2008, 12:43:07 PM »
Dawn i'm so very sorry.

Play hard at the bridge Azura, many will be there to welcome you.

:hug:

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2008, 12:41:48 PM »
Oh Dawn, I'm so sorry  :hug:

Offline LesleyW

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Many and varied
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2008, 12:41:09 PM »
Dawn, I am so so sorry I know you must be heartbroken.  You did the right thing, you know that. :hug: :hug: :hug: to you.

:RIP: beautiful Azura, free of suffering now and at peace.
Even the smallest feline is a masterpiece (Leonardo da Vinci)

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2008, 12:37:04 PM »
omg Dawn I am gutted, poor baby Azura  :hug:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
Re: A nightmare with Azura
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2008, 12:35:11 PM »
Sadly I've had to have Azura pts  :'(  :'(  I didn't get a lot of sleep last night, possibly a couple of hours as I was concerned about the swelling.  I phoned the vets up this morning at 8.30 and arranged for Sean to see her at 10.  When he saw her, he said he hadn't seen Oedema so bad in either a cat or a dog.   He did some bloods on her and basically everything was all over the place especially her Liver enzymes  :'(  After a long chat and not knowing what to do, Sean suggested putting her on a drip and seeing if that helped but on further discussion, her results signified life threatening issues going on and he wasn't 100% convinced the Oedema was related to what was showing on her bloods.  He said if it was unrelated, that was another issue to deal with so basically we may get her through what was going on now but then she still had issues.  He could not give her a steroid injection because after getting the blood results, this was a definite no go because of Liver issues.  In the end it was decided for her sake, not to put her through it but I knew we'd made the right decision as soon as he sedated her, her whole mouth, eyes and ears turned jaundiced straight away telling us that her Liver was well and truly knackered  :'(  :'(

:RIP: Sweet dreams Azura, you've made a big paw print on my heart and I won't forget you, xxxxxxxxxxx

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2008, 08:50:18 AM »
Dawn, hope Azura is better, fingers crossed for this poor little girl, she has be through so much already  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2008, 08:44:42 AM »
Me too  :hug:

Offline LesleyW

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Many and varied
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2008, 08:22:35 AM »
Hope Azura is feeling better this morning and that you got at least some sleep last night DD :hug:
Even the smallest feline is a masterpiece (Leonardo da Vinci)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2008, 03:12:40 AM »
She hasnt got any probs inside her mouth has she, or could she have been bitten?
« Last Edit: June 05, 2008, 03:13:08 AM by Gill (sneakiefeline) »

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2008, 01:11:21 AM »
Well it looks like I'm going to be up all night  :tired:  Azura's chin has swelled even more now, I just wish I knew the cause of it  :'(

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2008, 00:36:58 AM »
Lots of good wishes for Azura  :hug: :hug:

Offline Sheli_80

• Senior Cat
  • Slave to Henry and Charley
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2008, 00:18:27 AM »
Awww poor puss, hope she feels better soon.
xxx

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2008, 00:14:12 AM »
Well the swelling seems to have stopped and thankfully it isn't restricting her breathing.  She's going in tomorrow for Sean to check her over if she remains okay in the night.  He's a bit annoyed about the other vet lancing her ear, as he said it should have been done surgically and stitched because you are opening up a wound to more infection,  I can understand this but by the same token, Azura is extremely underweight and the anaesthetic would be a major risk to her.  Fingers crossed the swelling will subside overnight and we can find the cause of it.

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2008, 22:44:31 PM »
Sorry to hear about Azura.  Sending positive thoughts that she is ok.  :hug:

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2008, 20:56:36 PM »
Love and positive vibes for Azura xxxx fingers and toes crossed its nothong serious xxx

:hug:  :hug: for you Dawn xxx
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner?  :wow:
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
A nightmare with Azura - RIP Sweetheart
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2008, 19:58:11 PM »
I took Azura to the vets today with what looked like a Haematoma.  When the vet checked it, no fluid came out and just a dribble of blood so basically it appears to be just swollen.  Anyway, she was given Metacam and now all under her chin has swollen up  :'(  I had to phone Sean and tell him that she'd been to the other surgery and what they'd given her and now he can't give her anything to relieve her symptoms.  He said ideally she needs a steroid but because she's had Metacam, she can't  :tired:  I have to phone him later to let him know how she is and if the swelling gets any worse and affects her breathing or she gets stressed, she will have to go in and Sean said he'll have no choice but to give her a jab  :owwww:  I'm not sure what the hell is going on with her but it seems the swelling is something related to what's going on with her ear although Sean said it could be a reaction to the Metacam  :'(  Please keep your fingers crossed it's nothing serious, I'm really worried about her now and I just hope something can be done.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2008, 12:35:47 PM by Dawn (DiddyDawn) »

Link to CatChat