Author Topic: Abigail's fur is really greasy since having her season.  (Read 1567 times)

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
Re: Abigail's fur is really greasy since having her season.
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2008, 20:54:49 PM »
Abigail has finally been spayed today  :yayyy:  :yayyy:  I know the news isn't that exciting but it means she can go to her new home next week  :)  I went to pick her up this evening and she was fast asleep in her litter tray with her tongue sticking out, I do love her mush when she does that  :Luv2:  :Luv2:  :Luv2:  :Luv2:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2008, 23:09:20 PM »
I've had a chat with Sean about Abigail tonight and he said the best thing to do is get her in late next week and have her spayed.  It's not ideal as she's in heat at the moment but if I leave her any longer, she'll probably be in heat again  :tired:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2008, 22:27:38 PM »
Pav, I don't think Abigail would have appreciated a bath, she can be a little minx when doing anything she doesn't like.  Her fur went a lot better but she's now back in season again  :Crazy:  I'm going to get her booked in next week and she'll have to be done.  The vet nurse said normally they wait 2 or 3 weeks after their season has finished but in Abigail's case, I don't think this is going to work somehow  :sneaky:

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2008, 22:58:23 PM »
May be it helps if you wash her, my friend use to wash my persian cat once a month and blowdry her, and persia loved it :Crazy:

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2008, 19:53:32 PM »
Is this normal in Persians?  I know this will be down to her hormones as her fur was normal before but she's now finished her heat, and she still looks really greasy  :Crazy:

It can be Dawn, hormones have a lot to answer for LOL! hopefully it will settle down soon. I've just groomed a male persian whose coat is really greasy and I'm pretty sure its hormones in his case too!

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
Abigail's fur is really greasy since having her season.
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2008, 11:44:30 AM »
Is this normal in Persians?  I know this will be down to her hormones as her fur was normal before but she's now finished her heat, and she still looks really greasy  :Crazy:

Link to CatChat