Author Topic: Becky  (Read 34943 times)

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
Re: Becky
« Reply #121 on: April 10, 2008, 21:00:52 PM »
It's great news she's gained normal weight Dawn, really pleased. Fingers crossed she doens't keep you up many more nights.

She looks like a barrel on stilts  :evillaugh:  I'd forgotten that she'd had a jab of Oestrogen a few weeks ago for her skin, Sean said this can cause weight gain but even he was surprised at how much  :-[  I've still got to keep an eye on her anyway, she'll be in for her blood test soon and hopefully she can then be spayed.  Sean let me in with him this morning so I could watch whilst he did the ultrasound, I was dead chuffed and I think it was better for Becky as I was holding her  :Luv:  :Luv:  I couldn't weigh up what was what but just pretended I knew what he was talking about when he was pointing things out  :naughty:

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #120 on: April 10, 2008, 20:00:53 PM »
It's great news she's gained normal weight Dawn, really pleased. Fingers crossed she doens't keep you up many more nights.

Offline Leanne

• Super Cat
  • Milo & Jess
  • Slave to: Jess & Milo
« Reply #119 on: April 10, 2008, 16:02:16 PM »
What a stressful time you had with wee Becky,  :hug:

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #118 on: April 10, 2008, 14:32:37 PM »
Glad your fears were unfounded

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #117 on: April 10, 2008, 13:20:01 PM »
Becky ended up going in this morning as Sean wanted to give her a full check up and also an ultrasound on her tummy.  She's gained a lot of weight lately which did concern me I have to say.  Her tummy has been checked and she seems fine although there was something Sean wasn't 100% about but he said it could have been a loop of intestine.  She's going back in a couple of weeks for another scan so he can recheck.  This kitty is a nightmare, she's giving me sleepless nights and turning me into an overprotective meowmy  :sneaky:  Sean was quite pleased with her weight gain and said it is fat and doesn't appear to be harbouring anything nasty which was a big sigh of relief.  She did her usual wailing like a banshee but other than that, up to now everythings fine  ;D

Offline gibraltarcat

• Senior Cat
« Reply #116 on: April 09, 2008, 16:18:32 PM »
Hope all goes well tonight. Head tickles for Becky :Luv:

Offline Felix (Caroline)

• Hero Cat
  • Simba
« Reply #115 on: April 09, 2008, 11:48:45 AM »
lots of luck to you both, really hoping that she will be ok xx
Caroline xx

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #114 on: April 09, 2008, 11:21:38 AM »
Good luck with your vet visit Becky

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #113 on: April 09, 2008, 10:48:46 AM »
Becky is back in the vets this evening for a check up  :tired:  After her vet visit she went as snotty as hell so Sean prescribed her some Baytril the other day.  She's fine in herself but I'm still a little worried  :tired:  When she's finished her tablets, I've got to leave it a week and then she's in for her blood test.  I've changed her food again now and they are all on the Royal Canin Hair and Skin, her skin's been okay the last couple of weeks but this won't do her or the others any harm, and it's only 10p a bag more than what I was paying anyway so can't be bad  ;)

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #112 on: April 03, 2008, 16:47:33 PM »
She's growing a little and has got her gangly legs now  :evillaugh:  She's a solid little lump and although small, I have no worries with her weight and she is one of the best eaters I've got.  Every time a dish is topped up, she is one of the first there and you'd think she'd not eaten for a month so on that score, she is fine.  She's extremely active and is bright but does get the snuffles constantly, I just have this other inkling about other issues going on with her.  I may be just over protective with her because of my feelings for her but I also know, any cat I have felt like this about, something has always happened and they have had hidden health problems that always come to light later on, hopefully I'm wrong for my sake as well as hers.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #111 on: April 03, 2008, 16:40:02 PM »
poor little Becky - I hope she is ok, is she getting any bigger?

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #110 on: April 03, 2008, 16:35:26 PM »
I just talked to one of the other vets now to ask about her having the contraceptive jab to cover her for the time being and what risks are involved.  Apparently the risk of womb infections can increase so this really isn't an option but may be okay short term.  I'll have a chat with Sean and see what he thinks, because with the tablets she's on, it's usually a good couple of months before you see a marked difference in liver function, and I think from what I've heard, having raised enzymes could actually affect the blood clotting and that is something I don't want to be going through if she is spayed  :notlisten:

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #109 on: April 03, 2008, 15:36:18 PM »
Well let's all hope for the miracle and send loads of positive thoughts Becky's way

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #108 on: April 03, 2008, 15:30:50 PM »
This little lady has given me sleepless nights but hopefully by some miracle her bloods will be normal when she goes back to see her Uncle Sean  :Luv:  :Luv:

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
« Reply #107 on: April 01, 2008, 20:16:14 PM »
Fingers and toes crossed that Becky makes a full and speedy recovery, it must be such a worry Dawn, thinking of you and sending positive vibes for little Becky xxx
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner?  :wow:
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #106 on: April 01, 2008, 19:14:32 PM »
If this woman had any heart she would have stopped by now. Sadly dawn i dont think your struggles and heartbreak is going to stop her  :(

I hope its just down to an infection and nothing more sinister, she has youth on her side  :wish:

I know I'm fighting a losing battle with her but I'm hoping one day I get through  :shy:  With Becky, it would be just my luck something is wrong, any cat I fall totally in love with, something happens  :'(  Fingers crossed, she'll prove me wrong  :hug:

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #105 on: April 01, 2008, 19:08:29 PM »
If this woman had any heart she would have stopped by now. Sadly dawn i dont think your struggles and heartbreak is going to stop her  :(

I hope its just down to an infection and nothing more sinister, she has youth on her side  :wish:

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #104 on: April 01, 2008, 17:01:07 PM »
Not sure Dawn but in a way it's my own fault for getting involved, Sean has told me time and time again about ignoring the breeder but how could I turn my back on the likes of Becky  :tired:

The thing is, as you said, unless she knows the problems she's creating she's just going to continue to breed unhealthy cats.

Sorry to hear the op was cancelled again, and that she's got raised liver enzymes  :hug:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #103 on: April 01, 2008, 16:40:03 PM »
what could it be down to Dawn?  its pretty sick that you are picking up the pieces again and again, and this is just one person, I dread to think of all the things we don't hear about

Not sure Dawn but in a way it's my own fault for getting involved, Sean has told me time and time again about ignoring the breeder but how could I turn my back on the likes of Becky  :tired:

Offline gibraltarcat

• Senior Cat
« Reply #102 on: April 01, 2008, 15:43:12 PM »
Dawn, I'm sooo sorry hun :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline Leanne

• Super Cat
  • Milo & Jess
  • Slave to: Jess & Milo
« Reply #101 on: April 01, 2008, 15:26:26 PM »
Wow I've just read this whole thread for the first time, poor little Becky, (who is adorable by the way)

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #100 on: April 01, 2008, 14:49:03 PM »
what could it be down to Dawn?  its pretty sick that you are picking up the pieces again and again, and this is just one person, I dread to think of all the things we don't hear about

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #99 on: April 01, 2008, 14:39:43 PM »
I just hate the thought of having to go through it all again now  :'(  I will see what her next results come back as and will mention it to said breeder if there is something wrong, the more I get on at her about the problems she's producing, the more she may think about what she's doing  :sneaky:  I'm just worried now as I've known from day one Becky isn't 100% and I've made the mistake of letting her get to me and I really couldn't handle my heart being broken again over something that was so avoidable   :'(

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #98 on: April 01, 2008, 14:21:43 PM »
poor little Becky - sorry but there should be more regulations on breeders - not sure how it would be done but somebody smarter than me ought to be able to think of something
« Last Edit: April 01, 2008, 14:29:38 PM by Dawn F »

Offline CarolM (Wendolene)

• Royal Cat
  • Korky: June 1992 - 19/10/2009
  • Slave to: Bunty and Biggles
« Reply #97 on: April 01, 2008, 14:19:55 PM »
Oh poor little Becky and poor you.  I hope the  meds do the trick.  Sending lots of positive vibes  :Luv2:

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #96 on: April 01, 2008, 13:46:01 PM »
oh no.  Hope things go ok with the meds.  Poor little Becky

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #95 on: April 01, 2008, 13:34:23 PM »
I don't know whether to be relieved or cry, had Sean on the phone and he hasn't done Becky.  I asked him this morning to do a blood profile and her Liver Enzymes are double what they should be and also her Amylase is up  :'(  He thinks there's possibly some damage there and taking into account where she came from, this is likely rather than it being an infection of some kind.  He wants to get her on a 10 day course of tablets and then do another blood test to see if there's any difference in the levels, he will then decide on when to spay her  :tired:

« Last Edit: April 01, 2008, 14:03:14 PM by Dawn (DiddyDawn) »

Offline gibraltarcat

• Senior Cat
« Reply #94 on: April 01, 2008, 11:42:53 AM »
 :hug: :hug: :hug: to you and Becky x

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #93 on: April 01, 2008, 11:00:42 AM »
Bless her, I am sure she will be fine.  Looking forward to the Becky is home post later. :hug:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #92 on: April 01, 2008, 10:56:50 AM »
Becky's in the vets and god, how I hated leaving her there, she was fine whilst I was fussing her but crying like crazy when I gave Phoebe and Bob a fuss  :'(  :'(  :'(  I told Sean if anything happens to her, I'll be doing a neuter on him  :evillaugh:  :evillaugh:

Offline CarolM (Wendolene)

• Royal Cat
  • Korky: June 1992 - 19/10/2009
  • Slave to: Bunty and Biggles
« Reply #91 on: March 31, 2008, 21:07:18 PM »
Keeping everything crossed for little Becky  and sending a  big  :hug: to you Dawn

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #90 on: March 31, 2008, 20:09:17 PM »
Thanks hun, I'm sure she'll be fine and I hope I don't make too much of a fool of myself when I leave her in the morning   :-[

Offline gibraltarcat

• Senior Cat
« Reply #89 on: March 31, 2008, 20:05:39 PM »
I was just looking for Becky's thread when you posted! Just want to say all the best for tomorrow and will be thinking of you, Dawn.
Looking forward to hearing that everything was fine :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #88 on: March 31, 2008, 19:55:32 PM »
Well it's D Day for Becky tomorrow and I'm absolutely dreading it  :scared:  Just thinking about it the other day driving along set me off crying  :'(  :'(  I just hope the little madam will be okay  :Luv:  :Luv:

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #87 on: March 29, 2008, 08:52:51 AM »
Glad she seems to be improving.

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #86 on: March 28, 2008, 13:50:08 PM »
Her tummy seems fine, it's still up a little but I think she's had a poo in the night as it's not as bad as it was  :hug:

Offline gibraltarcat

• Senior Cat
« Reply #85 on: March 28, 2008, 13:47:30 PM »
 How's Becky's tummy today, Dawn?

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #84 on: March 27, 2008, 21:57:20 PM »
Is it worth restricting her a little bit with her food until her tummy is okay?  She is at this moment dragging a food dish away from Jasper so she can get her fill first  :sneaky:

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #83 on: March 27, 2008, 21:34:04 PM »
Poor little girl, let's hope the lp does the trick

Offline gibraltarcat

• Senior Cat
« Reply #82 on: March 27, 2008, 20:18:46 PM »
Sending Becky lots of chin tickles ( she won't appreciate them on her tummy! ) Poor little one is really going through it, isn't she. Hope the L. Paraffin does the trick so that she doesn't need the indignity of the enema. :hug: :hug:

Link to CatChat