Author Topic: Please keep Jasmine in your thoughts - RIP babe  (Read 12259 times)

Online Yvonne

• Super Cat
  • Cleo
  • Slave to: Trevor, Clare, Spotty, Homer, Parrot, Cody, strays, Ginger Snaps and Jacob Black.
Re: Please keep Jasmine in your thoughts
« Reply #46 on: December 26, 2007, 23:07:15 PM »
This is not the news that we wanted to hear, so sorry

I too will be praying for an overnight miracle

:hug:
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner? 
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #45 on: December 26, 2007, 22:00:58 PM »
Dawn, cant they do anything to help her?

I just read she is going to be pts tomorrow :(

Offline smudgepickles

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #44 on: December 26, 2007, 21:52:42 PM »
Dawn I'm so sorry to hear that the  :censored: vet have treated Jasmine in this way.......it makes me so angry when they are the ones supposed to be helping to make them at least feel better and more comfortable.........I'm glad you made the decision to take Jasmine home with you then at least she can be kept warm and comfortable and be with someone she knows is a caring person

I'm sorry to hear that she has to be Pt's - the only consolation if thats the right word is she will be all well again and have so, so many friends waiting for her that also shared your love and kindness before they went to the bridge too

I know I only know your from Purrs but am very proud to speak to friends  about you and others on here that should be so proud of all the good you do

Will be thinking and praying for a miracle tomorrow

xxxxx

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #43 on: December 26, 2007, 21:29:57 PM »
Sorry Dawn, I will pray for an overnight miracle for little Jasmine  :hug:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #42 on: December 26, 2007, 21:23:51 PM »
Dawn so sorry it has come to this for jasmine and you

Keeping you both in our thoughts

Liz and the Mob :hug:
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #41 on: December 26, 2007, 21:22:39 PM »
I am sorry jasmine has been treated so badly and its fine Sean saying this should not haver happened but what is he doing about it, cos it has happened  >:(

There's not a lot Sean can do really, he only works there and has suggested I speak to the owner.  There's no improvement in Jasmine so she'll be going in tomorrow to be pts  :'( 

Offline Linda (Bengalbabe)

• Hero Cat
  • Gayzette Minerva
« Reply #40 on: December 26, 2007, 21:17:25 PM »
Just caught up with this Dawn, thinking of you and Jasmine xxxx

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #39 on: December 26, 2007, 18:42:08 PM »
Thinking of Jasmine....... :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #38 on: December 26, 2007, 17:18:10 PM »
I dont know how I missed this one grrrrrrr

I am sorry jasmine has been treated so badly and its fine Sean saying this should not haver happened but what is he doing about it, cos it has happened  >:(

I am sure that Jasmine knows you are trying your hardest for her and at least she is warm and has food and water, poor little girl  :hug:

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #37 on: December 26, 2007, 09:01:39 AM »
Any news on Jasmine Dawn? - I can't believe how heartless some vets can be  >:( - poor little girl. They shouldn't be practicing if they begrudge her a 20p pouch of food and a few pence worth of electric - I know you would have paid them anyway. We had a similar case last year (can't name names) where the cat was left in a cage with a broken pelvis without any meds as it was a stray and the vet wouldn't do anything without knowing it would be paid for - luckily Sharon stepped in.

Fingers crossed for her  :hug: :ahh:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #36 on: December 25, 2007, 15:45:49 PM »
Jasmine's still pretty much the same if not worse.  She's hardly eating so top ups are needed for her.  I had a chat with Sean yesterday and he said I should have a chat with the owner, but he said she should have had heat and food at least and I had a right to be upset about the whole thing.

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
« Reply #35 on: December 24, 2007, 15:34:49 PM »
Fingers crossed for Jasmine, bless her llittle heart xxx Psotitive vibes on the way xxx

The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner?  :wow:
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #34 on: December 24, 2007, 10:49:10 AM »
I am sorry they think it isn't good, and that their treatment was so shocking, I would certainly be complaining about that. Fingers crossed for her.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2007, 10:49:28 AM by Desley (booktigger) »
Please spay your cat

Offline Schmew

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #33 on: December 24, 2007, 10:26:30 AM »
Don't blame you for being so mad at the vets DD, I'd be furious too if they'd left any of my babes with nothing to eat, that's awful

Hope you're ok today and Jasmine is hanging in there and fighting  :hug:

xxx

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #32 on: December 24, 2007, 08:01:58 AM »
How awful!  Poor Jasmine and poor you.  I think it is disgraceful that she was left without food which is an important part of any recovery process in us all.  Also without heat.  I would complain to your usual vet about the treatment and would certainly balk at paying them for the care they were supposed to give her.

It is encouraging that she is eating a little and drinking at home.  Hope she keeps it up and hope that when you see your regular vet his prognosis is better than the emergency one's (who I think tend to err on the side of caution to cover themselves).

Bless the little girl and hope she is feeling better today.  Bless you too Dawn for caring for her and sticking up for her when she can't do so for herself.

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #31 on: December 24, 2007, 02:56:33 AM »
The annoying thing is I will be forking out for emergency hours prices and for what  >:(  >:(  If she got the care she needed, I honestly wouldn't mind, I asked them to do whatever needed doing but feeding obviously wasn't included in the price.  I think if she'd have come home last night, she may have been in with a better chance but with no food for another day has just made her weaker, I am still so angry with the  :censored:  The other thing that I can't quite understand is when I went in last night she'd had fluids so wasn't as dehydrated, why on earth didn't they get a line in her then instead of trying to get one in her today when she was flat again  :mad2:  The more I think about it, the more wound up it makes me so I'm going to go and try and get some kip and fingers crossed she'll still be okay when I get up  :wish:
« Last Edit: December 24, 2007, 02:59:40 AM by Dawn (DiddyDawn) »

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Wizzles
« Reply #30 on: December 24, 2007, 01:36:56 AM »
Poor Jasmine - I don't blame you for feeling that way either Dawn I think I would be livid! The amount vets are paid by us to look after our animals the very least they deserve is to be treated with some respect and given a good amount of comfort and care.

Sending positive vibes for Jasmine and I hope she can defy the vets and that her condition turns around for the better.  :hug: to you, and :ahh: to Jasmine xxxxxx
Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Kitty Von Bizmark (Wizzles) ^Lucas^(??/97 - 21/11/07)
To think I might not see those eyes, makes it so hard not to cry, and as we say our long goodbyes, I nearly do.

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2007, 23:18:20 PM »
I've moved her into the hospital cage now and she's having a long drink of water  :Luv:  I'm trying to think positive although it doesn't look good but I think her being in the vets hasn't helped.  I know it's a weekend but that shouldn't make any difference to how your animals are treated, I wonder if her outcome would have been better if she'd have gone in in the week  >:(  >:( 

Offline Elaine

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2007, 22:16:42 PM »
Dont blame you for being hacked off DD, I would be too.  Ofcourse its important to have them kept warm, fed and as comfortable as possible.  To say that it would make no difference to whatever she thinks the condition is, is just rubbish as far as i am concerned, we pay vets good money to look after our animals.

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2007, 20:52:55 PM »
I tried syringing her earlier and she was chewing at the syringe trying to get the food so obviously starving.  I put some food in a saucer and she had a little which is encouraging.  I'm going to get Sean to look at her xrays tomorrow but she's not going back in unless she has to.  I'm too  :censored: off with them tbh and I only hope I can keep my cool tomorrow when I pick the rta cat up.  If it's a mass Elaine, it's a case of her getting worse  :sad no:  :sad no:  In the vets her breathing was terrible and the vet said it was because she had pressure on her lungs but since coming home, her breathing isn't as bad.  I've got her in a carrier with the top off it for now, with a snugglesafe and wrapped in blankets to keep her warm, she was so cold in the vets and that was another thing that hacked me off  >:(  >:(  She had no heat mat and the vet said the heater was on anyway and the heat again wouldn't make any difference to her condition  :mad2:  :mad2:  :mad2:  Is it me, and am I being too fussy but if someone was really ill or dying, would they like to be warm, comfortable and with food in their tum or no food and no heat  :Crazy:  :Crazy:  Yes, there was a heater in there but the cage bottoms are metal, Jasmine's blood isn't getting round because she's very dehydrated so she's going to be colder than normal, sorry I'm just so  :censored: off with the lot of them.

Offline Elaine

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2007, 19:40:24 PM »
Sorry to hear that jasmine isnt better DD.  I am also sorry to read about the vets attitude.  Hope you have managed to get her to eat something xxx
Whats going to happen from here with her?  Are you going to take her to see Sean?  I hope the vet is wrong about the mass around her heart.
Sending big hugs and loads of possitive thoughts for Jasmine xxx

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2007, 19:29:03 PM »
Oh Dawn, how can they say it wouldnt have made any difference,  :censored: vets, of course she needs her food , water and lots of love .

I understand how you feel, two weeks a go when i visited Boy in surgery he had no water and i askedthe nurse , i was told there is food there and he keep knock against the water bowl and make the cage wet!!?  >:( I just went and got a bawl and left it for him.

What is the matter with this people >:(

I am sure Jasmine feels safe at home with you looking after her, specially at this time of year , you can always rush her back if you have to.

I really hope she improves by tomorrow. :hug: :hug:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2007, 18:34:44 PM »
The same surgery but Sean isn't on this weekend, he knows I would kill him if he treated her like that.  They are adamant now she has a mass round her heart and this is the end of the road as she'll just get worse so fingers crossed, they're wrong and then they can  :censored:
« Last Edit: December 23, 2007, 18:37:28 PM by Dawn (DiddyDawn) »

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2007, 18:32:10 PM »
Grr!!! Is this your usual vet DD? Poor Jasmine....atleast at home you can try tempting her with nice things.....home will be the best place for her now....she will then get the love and attention she deserves :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2007, 18:20:56 PM »
Jasmine isn't good at all and I just hope I'm not making her suffer.  I'm absolutely fuming with the vets and although I bit my tongue abit, couldn't hold back all together.  When I went to see her last night, she was still groggy so she'd had no food in her cage which was understandable.  The other vet said they'd give her some later when she was more awake, I told the receptionists not to let them forget to which she replied "Well, we're not going to starve her are we"  :censored:  :censored:  When I spoke to the vet today, I asked if Jasmine had eaten to which she replied no, she hadn't touched any.  When I went in after work to pick her up, there was no food in her cage anyway  :censored:  :censored:  :censored:  :censored:  :censored:  I am absolutely  :censored: livid.  I started crying as soon as I saw, I know she may not have eaten it but the fact is she didn't have the option.  The vet tried telling me it wouldn't have made any difference and it's the least of her worries..........what the  :censored: does she know.   Anyone knows, if you're feeling crap, and you've not eaten, you are going to feeling even worse.  If she's going to die, I want her to die on full tummy and not  :censored: starving to death, she hasn't had anything to eat in two days minimum so she's really going to get her strength up.  Sorry for ranting, I'm going to try and get some food down her and take it from there.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2007, 17:34:10 PM »
Fingers crossed she perks up  :hug:

Offline smeagol

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Batfink, Marmite, Smeagol, Custard & Chugnut
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2007, 16:50:46 PM »
I'm sorry to hear the news is not good. At least she will get the love and care she needs at home. We have Jasmine and you in our thoughts here  :Luv2:
Clare and the furry hoard, Batfink, Marmite, Smeagol, Custard and Chugnut xxx

At my Mother's: Amber and co.

Not forgetting those passed: Hamish, Python, Monty, Carmen, Crystal, Salem, Abigail, Smokey, Pixie, Scampi, Squidly, Giblet, Rhubarb and Spider

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2007, 16:32:40 PM »
Dawn, i am so sorry Jasmine is not better, i think you are doing the right thing bringing her home. You can watch her yourself, i just dont trust the vets like i used to with every thing i have seen in last 6 weeks.

Keeping our finger cross for little Jasmine. :hug: :hug:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2007, 16:20:33 PM »
It sounds like bad news for Jasmine.  They've had another look at her xrays and her heart has a line going round it and it's not the right shape.  I'm really peed off at the vets, I don't know why this wasn't noticed yesterday.  They seem to think she now has a mass.  She won't eat or drink and she's very dehydrated so they can't get bloods or get a line in her.  I'm going up there now to pick her up and bring her home.  At least this way I can try and syringe her and see how she gets on, if she's left in the vets she's going to die anyway so she'll have a chance at home, although a slim one by the sounds of it.

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2007, 14:46:55 PM »
Hope she is ok when she is totally out of the grogginess

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2007, 19:14:15 PM »
I've been in this evening to see Jasmine and it's hard to tell really how she was as she was sedated earlier on so was still groggy.  Her x rays haven't really shown anything but she's very dehydrated so they've given her fluids.  They tried to get her on a drip but she was very flat and couldn't raise a vein.   She had a couple of sips of water whilst I was there and they are going to monitor over the weekend, fingers crossed she'll be okay. 

Des, Jasmine is the little tortie feral that is in love with Billy, I'll try and find a pic of her later.

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2007, 18:53:00 PM »
I couldnt think of who had a Jasmine when I saw this post, I do hope she is better soon Dawn.
Please spay your cat

Offline madkittyrescue

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Sarah, slave to the 4 legged furball gang!
    • Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2007, 13:59:20 PM »
Oh Dawn.. really sorry to hear about Jasmine... I know what you mean about things always happening on a weekend!!!

Really hope that she is feeling much better soon.  all our paws and fingers adn toes are crossed here for her and also hoping you feel much better soon too.

Sending lots of healing vibes to you both ;)

Sxx
Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
Covering Fife, Edinburgh & Lothians

http://www.sunnyharbour.org.uk

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2007, 09:17:18 AM »
Hope Jasmine is much better today  :hug:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2007, 23:47:18 PM »
Sending lots of positive vibes for Jasmine~~~~~~~~~~ ;)

Offline Schmew

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2007, 23:33:52 PM »
Sending Jasmine lots of positive vibes DD

xxx

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2007, 22:40:42 PM »
Hope Jasmine will be OK  :hug:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2007, 22:15:22 PM »
I've spoken to the vets and Jasmine seems a little bit calmer than she was, they were talking about putting her in the Oxygen tank but will see how she gets on.  If she's the same in the morning, they will do x rays to see if anything shows up.  Poor little babe is really only used to us so will be totally freaked out   :'(  When anything happens, it always seems to be a  :censored: weekend when I have to be in work  :censored: 

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2007, 20:59:17 PM »
Dawn, i hope Jasmine get better soon and comes home.Por little girl,she must be so scared . :hug: :hug:

Offline unseeliechylde

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2007, 19:59:41 PM »
Poor baby-girl! I hope Jasmine gets better soon - will keep everything crossed and sending lots of get-well vibes to both of you. :hug:

Link to CatChat