Author Topic: To sleep & dream of candy floss clouds and the smell of roses .............or may be not  (Read 2137 times)

Offline mumtomaz

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Mazzy
LOL your original post made me laugh, thank you!!  :rofl:

But I hope the little ones are feeling better soon x

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Lupin was on chicken for ages and although he was improving I too was worried about the effects long term, I tried white fish and boy was that a mistake!

He is still on RC gastro intestinal pouches which the vet prescribed  which actually cured the problem but about 3 days ago I gave him about a desert spoon of Felix meat pouch and by the evening his tummy was going bad again....sigh

He loves Felix but there is something in it which really upsets him, next try will be about same amount of whiskers but forgot to get it yesterday!

I tried a chicken and liver sheba  but he wouldnt touch it.

Offline Lady Magic

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Treacle & Toffee
Thanks so much Tiggys mum , I was very worried about the long term effect of the  fish/chicken diet  and have been trying to find kitty vitamins without much luck. The 'boys' are still hurling about like crazy in between sqitters  :-[ :-[ but never mind all adds to the fun of being the cats mother  :rofl: :rofl:
I'll have a word with my vet later today as I dont think a call at almost 2 am in the morning to talk about kitten food would be appreciated :P :P :P
Ami and her  2 - cat - a -pelts !!!!!! 
RIP our beloved friends :
Harley , Barclay, Tor & Goldie forever chasing bunnies, birds & bones  in heaven.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
Aww bless them, poor boys :care:

It's worth asking the vet about RC (Royal Canin) sensitivity pouches. My vet put the boys on them when they had dodgy tums. It worked a treat and obviously has all the taurine and other nutrients that cats need in it. I'd be worried about feeding solely chicken and fish long term as although it does the trick for them tummy-wise there's other nutrients they need that they won't get from it.

Offline Jiji

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Algernon & Noodle
Sorry to hear the boys are not well at the moment, hope their tums soon settle  :hug:

Offline Lady Magic

• Adult Cat
OMG we have just had the most awful day with poor little Toffee :sick: it started in the middle of the night with him coughing , which is nothing unusual , but when we got up at 7 am Mark found a pool of blood on the dresser  :scared: which it came from .....who knows!

Then Toffee started to sqits and sqits like mad and wouldnt eat or drink  :sick: so off we went with both cats to the vets to see if they had eaten something or had a blockage or had a virus or it was the food or .................??????

He decided that the food they are on is just not good for them and that they have to go back to 'fish & chicken ' Mike did tell them I'd taken ages getting them off the stuff with 1/4 mix to kitten food then 1/2 mix then 3/4 mix then all kitten food over a period of three to four weeks , but the vet has said they just cannot eat it at this time :( and for some unknown reason they or one of them are reacting very badly to it as they both showed signs of tender tums.

So both are on antibiotics and back on the boiled fish & ckicken , funny thing is that all the while they have been unwell they have still charged around the house like cats possessed  with  bee's up there bums :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: charged around the garden and up 15 foot trees ( you want to try that with each on a single extending lead .....its great fun ...NOT) and been doing there silly 'oh mum cuddle me to sleep ' dances each night , you know the one were they skip around on tip-toe on top of your chest , head butt you on the nose( which is a very interesting item on the mums face ) head butt an  eyeball and the  chin  before going on to  kneed your throat and try to stick a paw or two up your nose or in your eye before the final finally off restyling my hair  three or four times   :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:    at last settling down     :wow:    one now lays in your arms  and the other curls up around my left ear hole both purring so loudly that it sounds like the whole of the Scottish military brass band matching through the bedroom for 15 minutes none stop  :Luv2: :Luv2:

At this time 5 am in the morning having gotten up myself because of pain my little loves are charging around the dinning room , conservatory and lounge .................errrrrrrrrr excuse me boys your supposed to be ill remember ????? ;)

one Ami complete with :  2  maniac cats .......2  snoring men and the whole of the Scottish brass band in residence in her little by the sea cottage ......anyone seen the charge of' The life brigade' around ??????
Harley , Barclay, Tor & Goldie forever chasing bunnies, birds & bones  in heaven.

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
You do have a wonderful life with your Treacle and Toffee  ;) :Luv2: :hug:

Sweet Dreams 

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

• Purrrrrfect Cat
You need to get their tummies sorted before proper cat food, ask your vet if RC Gastro Intestinal pouches are Ok for kittens as young as yours, they have worked with Lupin who has just had first birthday although havent found a cat food he will eat yet.

Looks like I may have to try felix again but that made him very ill before.

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
 :rofl:   I haven't had any pooey feet in bed with me lately but Mosi does sometimes use the tray and then come and snuggle up to me whilst he's defintely wearing eau de litter tray.  Not exactly smelling of roses!

Offline Lady Magic

• Adult Cat
You'd have to fight me , hubby and son for them  'Tiggys mum' .......that is if you could get into the house with the amount of 'kitty escape precautions ' we have in place !

I'm up at the minute as both the boys had VERY rumble tummy's and its a good job I did get up as boy oh boy did they both have a touch of the sqits......I've been trying to get them off cod & chicken and on to a good quality kitten food , but so far all I've had is sqits and sqits and after sqits  :sick: my vet has said that by now they should be eating more normal foods such a kitten type , the cod & ckicken mixes I have been doing every single day x 5 have cost me on average £80 a month  :shocked: so changing over is a better deal for me , but can I find a good kitten food ?

I give them James Wellbeloved dried in all flavours at the minute and have tried : Whiskers,  HiLife and now natures something or other and all sqitter them .....poor loves  :Luv: :Luv:

If anyone has any other suggestions ???

Ami and her two hooligans who are having many, many digestion problems at this time ......ooooooooops there goes another one  :censored:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
:evillaugh:

Those boys of yours seem to give you a lot of trouble Lady Magic, I think you best send them to come and live with me  :naughty:

Offline Jiji

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Algernon & Noodle
Luckily I live alone so there is no witness to my eccentricities  :naughty:

• Purrrrrfect Cat

Offline Lady Magic

• Adult Cat
OR.................what not to have to do at 2 am in the morning when your half asleep . >:(

So, I'm laying there asleep  on my back dreaming of some faceless hunk about to rub my face and neck with a fur glove , ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh :censored: whilst another is gently stroking my head and caressing my left ear ........ouch  carressing I said not biting it  :shocked: and as I became more with it I noticed that I had a foot under my nose, but who's and was this a back or a front foot ? why do I ask this ?
Because the foot did not smell of roses , far from it !!!!!!!
I got the distinctive whiff of pussy poo  :innocent:

Trying to disentangle my hair and body from the kittens and remember which had been  under my nose I went downstairs to see what had been happening, I had visions of pussy poo all over the wooden floor ........... :scared: with little paw prints of the stuff everywhere , but lo and behold none  :wow:

What I did find was two pussy poo's in the huge cat little tray ( its not really a cat little tray but a garden seed tray of around 3 foot x 2 foot and about 4 inches deep absolutely brilliant for the boys)  so what I think had happend is one had been and coverd it up and then the other having been uncovered the first whilst covering his own  :Crazy: :Crazy: :Crazy:

So having sorted out the tray I set about the boys ...................mmmmmmm :P I got one of those special towelling duster cloths that are supposed to be miracle ones  and placing it in warm water with some baby bath in it , having wrung it out well I grabbed one of the boys and wiped his back feet  really well , but he did not want this done at 2 am in the morning and got away !!!!!

ERrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr which one did I just do ????? :-:
Off I set again this time doing one whole pussy before I let him go , this went well and having finished all 8 feet I was just clearing things up when my son came down the stairs quietly without my knowledge , that is until he asked me what on earth I was doing ??????

Well , you see I thought I'd better just check that all those little feet were clean and sweet smelling so I had both the boys laying on their backs whilst I on my knees was sniffing their feet  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: and this was how Mike found me at now 2:30 am in the morning n the lounge sniffing pussy cats feet on my knees..........................he's said he is having me tested for lunacy next week and only hopes it doesn't run in the family !!!!!!  :P :P :P    cheek

Ami and her  nice and clean baby fresh kittens feet , men they just don't seem to understand what a girl has to do to keep the house together , clean , tidy and smelling of those roses.!!!!!

« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 01:33:32 AM by Lady Magic »

Link to CatChat