Author Topic: George on the Rainbow Bridge  (Read 3501 times)

Offline verity

• Adult Cat
Re: George on the Rainbow Bridge
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2007, 23:36:34 PM »
No rainbow yet... other half had his weeks ago... althought eh relection through the kitchen window made one on the doormat... does that count?

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2007, 13:16:03 PM »
RIP George, play hard on the Bridge little one, and I hope the others are teaching you how to make a rainbow.

Anyone who says 'they are just pets' has never had the close bonds we develop with our animals, they are a part of the family, and you grieve for them when they are no longer there.  I am dreading the day anything happens to my boy.

I'm sure George is thrilled that you've opened your heart and home to another needy furbabe, and is telling all her new friends on the Bridge how great her meowmy is  :hug:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2007, 12:05:09 PM »
RIP George - Play hard at the bridge sweetheart and send your Mummy a rainbow.

So sorry for your loss Verity - thinking of you at this sad time xx
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner?  :wow:
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2007, 10:45:37 AM »
RIP George ... I'm sure all the purrs furbabes will show you round and teach you how to send your mummy and daddy a rainbow.

Play hard baby until it's time to meet your family again.

xxx
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Gwen

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2007, 10:13:48 AM »
So sorry to hear about George :(

If you ever need to talk or waffle feel free to do it here,we totally understand how you feel,give it time,trust me it does get easier.

You haven't had a cat too soon,you did what was right for you and good luck with the new attition :hug:

George play hard at the bridge little one :hug:
Love me,love my animals.

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2007, 07:27:53 AM »
Sorry about your boy George. I don't think it was too soon to get another if you felt it was right. George would be pleased that you could make room for another needy one  :hug:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2007, 19:25:10 PM »
RIP George and when you have learned how to send rainbows, please send your meowmy one.

There will never be a replacement for George and he will always have a pawprint in your heart but I am sure the new cat you have collected was put there by George cos it needed a nice home with somone who cared.  :hug: :hug:

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2007, 16:53:33 PM »
Verity, you aren't waffling, you're sharing how you feel. Losing a cat is losing a part of your family, and if there are any people that would understand that it's the people on here.  :hug:

George will send you a rainbow, just give her time to find her bearings. Until then, remember you gave her what she wanted - her independence and affection when she felt like she needed it.

RIP, George.

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Sabrina (Auferstehen)

• Super Cat
    • Bywater Paws
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2007, 16:34:04 PM »
RIP George, play hard on the bridge.

I still miss my cat Little Girl who passed away in February. We went to a local shelter two days later to start the search for a new cat and came home with Smoke, a 2 year old skin and bones girl.

So getting a new cat soon after losing one isn't bad, it does help. I still cry about Little Girl but I laugh a lot more at Smoke's antics.

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2007, 15:59:51 PM »
I'm sorry to welcome you to Purrs in such sad circumstances, Verity, and am very sorry to hear of your loss.

xC

I am sure you will soon be getting along famously with the new addition to your family - what have you called him?  Perhaps start a new thread about him?
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline verity

• Adult Cat
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2007, 12:51:10 PM »
Thank you so much for all your kind words...  It's nice to discover that there are other like minded people out there! We've always said that our cats (and our house rabbit!) are our children, and that losing one is not as simple as 'losing a pet'.

I will keep an eye out for that rainbow...
x

ccmacey

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2007, 11:38:52 AM »
All I can say is our cats are human to us so we grieve in a very strong way, its hard to loose someone we have lived day by day with.

RIP George, send your mummy a rainbow

:hug:

Offline Yvonne

• Super Cat
  • Cleo
  • Slave to: Trevor, Clare, Spotty, Homer, Parrot, Cody, strays, Ginger Snaps and Jacob Black.
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2007, 08:15:57 AM »

Good morning Verity and  :welcome:
to Purrs - so sorry
to hear about George 

If tears could build a stairway
And memories were a lane
We would walk right up to Heaven
And bring you back again

No farewell words were spoken
No time to say goodbye
You were gone before we knew it
And we dont know why

Our hearts still ache in sadness
And secret tears still flow
What it meant to lose you
No on will ever know

But now we know you want us
To mourn for you no more
To remember all the happy times
Life still has much in store

Since you’ll never be forgotten
We pledge to you today
A hallowed place within our hearts
Is where you’ll always stay

:RIP:     :candle:

The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner? 
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Lesley Frankie

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Oliver, Basil, Ben and the late, great Morticia and Buster
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2007, 07:48:47 AM »
So sorry to hear about George.  :hug: You are not crackers at all either in feeling as grief-stricken as you do or, getting another cat. Everyone is different. When Buster died in April, I could have happily grabbed any needy cat off the street, even when driving home from the vet having had him pts. Thankfully, there was no cat around!
You won't have missed your rainbow. Mine came after about 3 or 4 weeks, I think it takes them some time to adjust to their new home and it probably takes a bit of time to get the hang of rainbow- making :Luv: Don't be so hard on yourself and good luck with the newbie.

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2007, 04:19:30 AM »
So sorry to hear about poor George  :'(  :'(  We all know how you feel as most of us at some stage have been through what you're going through  :hug:  It's always very sad when we lose one and especially when taken before their time.  I've lost a number of furbabes, both my own and one's that I've taken in as rescues  :'(  It's hard to know when to get a new "addition" as everyone's different, some people never really get over losing their furbabes and refuse to take another, but personally, I feel it eases the pain and another needy one gets helped in the process.  No cat can replace another, they are all different and sometimes it does take a while for a newbie to settle but I'm sure in time you'll get there, and I'm sure you'll love him as much as you do George.  It may help trying him with food treats and letting him come to you, these usually work well as a bribe  ;)  It's still early days and he will  probably be picking up on your grief as well, cats are very susceptible to mood changes and plus, it's all very new to him.  Give him a few days and it will probably be like he's been there forever. 

Welcome to the forum and I'm sorry it's in such sad circumstances.

RIP George, sweet dreams, xxx

Offline verity

• Adult Cat
George on the Rainbow Bridge
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2007, 02:43:08 AM »
I'm new to the forum, and reading all of your comments here has made me want to post too.

Until least Saturday, we had three cats- two 'lap cats' called Smudge and Sam, and a fiercely independent moggy called George. At around two o'clock last Saturday afternoon, I recieved a phonecall, asking me if I was George's owner... she had been crossing the road in the village, and hit by a car. I got to her in a matter of seconds, but it was too late. As far as I could tell, there was nothing broken, but she had gone, and I can only assume that it was instant, and that she felt little pain... I'm glad about that.

I am bereft. I thought I was feeling better, but I'm really not... I've just watched the 'Rainbow Bridge' animation, and now I'm in hysterics again. I feel bad for a few reasons really... that I  feel almost relieved that I don't have to worry about which road she's trying to cross (I used to cringe every time I heard a car horn, or squeaking brakes, and I'd lie awake worrying if we hadn't managed to get her in at night)- it all makes me feel rather guilty. She was never a particularly easy cat to like, because she was so independent and really only needed us for food and a house, and was rather short tempered and quick to lash out, but of course I loved her no end.

Because of the gap she left, we went to the shelter this week, and took home a big boy, who's going to need a lot of work and patience (24 hours in , and I can't get near him!)... was it too soon? He isn't a George replacement, but I just feel we have so much to give to a homeless cat...

I'm sorry for waffling... you must all think I'm crackers (I am...!). Is it wrong to grieve so much for a pet? :'(

I'd never haerd of the rainbow bridge... I think it's beautiful, and I'm praying for George to send me her rainbow. I hope I haven't missed it. :(
« Last Edit: August 04, 2007, 03:06:23 AM by verity »

Link to CatChat