Author Topic: RIP Homer - the Blind Kitty (Homers Odyssey)  (Read 2607 times)

Offline funkiechicken

• Hero Cat
  • Nutty About Kitten-Cats!!
  • Slave to: Nuggie (& until recently Tazi x)...& Peanut "de Poirot"!
Re: RIP Homer - the Blind Kitty (Homers Odyssey)
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2013, 23:38:20 PM »
Goodnight, Godbless Homer xxx  :'(
Cats are independent, don't listen, don't come in when you call, stay out all night and when they're home they like to be left alone to sleep....Every quality that Women HATE in a Man, they LOVE in a Cat...

Nuggie (31.08.2002)
Peanut (14.12.09)
Sleep Tight Baby Tazi xx 04.04.98 - 20.10.11 xx

Offline Purdy Bear

• Senior Cat
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2013, 08:33:09 AM »
Run free Homer, and enjoy having your eye sight back.  Your one awesome cat.  Big hugs and cuddles to Gwen and family.

Offline Jiji

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Algernon & Noodle
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2013, 18:03:32 PM »
Very sad
RIP Homer

Offline Big Cat Lover

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Lucky (also Tiger and Gypsy RIP)
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2013, 11:59:29 AM »
RIP Homer, you brave boy.  Your story is truly inspirational; at least you got to be with your Meowmy at the end.  Play well at the Bridge, where you'll be young, healthy and whole once again.

Thinking of you and your family Gwen.   :hug:
Do not walk in front of me, I will not follow
Do not walk behind me, I will not lead
Just walk beside me and be my friend

Offline Tigerlily (Allison)

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Toby
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2013, 08:16:05 AM »
How sad. RIP Homer  :( :( :(
http://www.cat-rescue1.co.uk/

RIP Simba ~ 16/04/02
RIP Tiger ~ 25/08/02
RIP Lily ~ 03/04/10
RIP Molly ~ 04/11/16
Always in my thoughts, forever in my heart

If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I would walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
RIP Homer - the Blind Kitty (Homers Odyssey)
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2013, 18:40:24 PM »
I received the following email from Gwen Cooper today, the author of Homer's Odyssey.

Hi, everybody. I wanted to let you know that we put Homer to sleep last Wednesday night. He was so tired, and it was time. We were lucky enough to find a very gentle vet to come to us at home, and Homer passed peacefully, in his own bed, in my arms.

Forgive me for not saying anything sooner. I needed some time to mourn privately before being able to do so publicly. I've written a tribute to Homer on my blog, if you'd like to read it. 

As you may know, I donate 10% of my royalties from Homer's Odyssey to rescues and shelters that serve abused, abandoned, and disabled animals.  I am also in the process of creating the Homer's Heroes Fund, which each year will contribute a portion of the proceeds from all my books to a shelter, sanctuary, or rescue group doing outstanding work on behalf of special-needs animals.  Homer was an ambassador for these animals, and it's a legacy that I'm trying to keep alive.

My new book, Love Saves the Day--a novel about a New York family, narrated by a rescue cat named Prudence--will be released in paperback on October 22nd.  For every copy of the paperback pre-ordered or sold between now and October 27th, I will donate 100% of my royalties to Blind Cat Rescue and Sanctuary  in Homer's name.

I still haven't entirely gotten my bearings yet.  It just seems so impossible to believe that this tiny little guy who was always such a larger-than-life presence in our home is no longer with us.  But I do want to thank you for reading Homer's story, for sharing your own stories with me, and for loving my little boy.  On behalf of Laurence, Clayton, and twinkle as well as myself, you have all our gratitude. Thank you for being here for all of us.

Much love,
Gwen

In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Link to CatChat