Author Topic: Our beautiful, gentle, sweetnatured Rosie is gone  (Read 4998 times)

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
Re: Our beautiful, gentle, sweetnatured Rosie is gone
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2014, 05:23:44 AM »
 :hug: :hug:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2014, 00:05:22 AM »
Reets its so hard  :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline Reets

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Bruno
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2014, 18:24:39 PM »
A year has passed since you went to the Bridge, Rosie, and we miss you and talk about you every day.  You were such a sweet natured little lady, always ready for a chat and a fuss.  Always purring, such a happy little soul.

I am consoled somewhat knowing that Amber, your beloved Mum, was there waiting for you and that the two of you are together again. 

What a year it has been, Rosie.  Who could have thought that six months after you went to the Bridge that Bruno would go there too.  He, who was so strong, so healthy, so full of life - how could it be?  But he did join you.  I can just imagine you saying to him 'Bru!  What are YOU doing here?  You are meant to be at home looking after Meowmy and Daddy!'   I am sure he found has found his way to his first Meowmy though, and that they were very happy to see each other.

So, both of you gone, no Somali's in our house.  We were so very sad, Rosie.  We had to look for another friend, and found him in Lewis, not a pedigree rescue/rehome like all the others before him, but a lovely tabby boy, unwanted, unneutered, beaten up by all the other tom cats in the area, not allowed in the house so he was trying to get by living outside all year round, and at last rescued by a wonderful rescue centre who took him straight to the vets rather than the rescue as he had cat flu and a very nasty abcess.  With their love and care he got better, and then we saw him and took him into our hearts and home.

He's not you, and he's not Bru, but he is lovely.  We cannot change what he has gone through before, Rosie, but we can make sure that the rest of his life is as happy as we can possibly make it.  He has settled in nicely and is becoming more confident and more affectionate.  It will take time.

I think you would approve.

Miss you, darling, we will see you again one day, till then, play hard and enjoy yourself.

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2013, 18:42:34 PM »
 :( I'm so sorry for the loss of your Rosie  :hug:

Godbless sweetie xx
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline shirleyp01

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: sammy and abbie
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2013, 09:49:33 AM »
My heart goes out to you for your loss.

Offline Tigerlily (Allison)

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Toby
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2013, 08:36:27 AM »
 :hug: :hug: So sorry for your loss.

RIP Rosie.
http://www.cat-rescue1.co.uk/

RIP Simba ~ 16/04/02
RIP Tiger ~ 25/08/02
RIP Lily ~ 03/04/10
RIP Molly ~ 04/11/16
Always in my thoughts, forever in my heart

If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I would walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2013, 12:35:04 PM »

Oh I'ms so very sorry that you lost your beautiful girl, and know how devastated you must be feeling. 

But, I have to say, what an absolutely wonderful way to have spent your last hours together.  It means so much when you give a gift of love in that way, and you have most certainly done so.    :hug: :hug:  My heart grieves for you, but Rosie has had the very best of ends that you could give to her.  Bless you for that.

Offline Greenlaner

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Billy
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2013, 21:17:41 PM »
There is no more heartbreaking experience.  :hug: :hug:  :hug: She is at peace now

Offline jezebel

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Vincent, RIP beautiful Drum & Bass sisters and the lovely Bruce
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2013, 19:54:32 PM »
Sorry for your loss Reets, but glad it was peaceful and gentle - it's all we can ask for.  :hug:
You can't change the world by rescuing one cat, but for that one cat you are changing its world.

Offline Reets

• Adult Cat
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2013, 19:48:47 PM »
Thank you for your posts, it means so much.  It has felt like I was the only one to mourn her.  She was such a lovely sweet girl, the gentlest of souls, always overshadowed in life by her mum Amber whom she adored and more recently our boy Bruno.  She deserved so much more than that.

Offline CatGirl

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2013, 19:35:19 PM »
So sad but,what a serene passing. :hug:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2013, 18:32:26 PM »
So very sad  :hug: :hug:

RIP Rosie, play hard on the Bridge

Offline Jiji

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Algernon & Noodle
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2013, 15:31:20 PM »
So sorry  :hug: :hug: :hug:
RIP Rosie

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2013, 15:22:03 PM »
 RIP sweet Rosie :(
I am sorry for your loss :hug: :hug:

Offline lau200

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Mr Moustache, the Flick and Hairy Pants!
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2013, 13:52:56 PM »
Sorry for your loss :hug: sleep tight Rosie x

Offline Reets

• Adult Cat
Our beautiful, gentle, sweetnatured Rosie is gone
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2013, 13:49:17 PM »

Our lovely 15 year old Somali girl, Rosie, or Makeitso Apricot Rose, to give her her full name, was gently and lovingly put to sleep on Friday.  She had had CRF since January this year, and shortly after being diagnosed she had a bleed into her eyes which left her blind in one eye and partially sighted in the other - it was undiagnosed high blood pressure.  She was treated for this and on Fortekor for the CRF and had been doing reasonably well, but still losing weight.  She then developed 'snuffles' - the vet didn't know why but tried antibiotics and steriods two weeks ago.  They did not help and she started finding it difficult to breath properly at times.  Not all the time, but it was getting worse.

By last weekend it was clear she did not have long left and we had an appointment booked for Friday.  I took time off work to be with her and spent the last week cuddling her and spoiling her.  On Friday she had a wonderful day and visited all her special places in the garden - it was magical as she had not wanted to go outside at all for a couple of months - she even had a wee in the flower bed!  When she came in we had a lovely cuddle and snooze for a couple of hours - she fell asleep on my lap and was dreaming away, nose, whiskers and paws twitching.  She asked for food and ate some coley.  My husband came home and she had a few minutes with him and we went off to the vets.  Thankfully it was really quiet at the vets and we were the only ones there so she didn't get stressed.  The vet was so kind and her last moments were serene and peaceful.  I held her and we stroked her and talked to her, reassuring her all the while till she was gone.

It was the right thing for our lovely little girl, but my heart aches for her.  I miss her so much.  She will be back with her mum, Amber, who died two years ago - they were so close.

We love you, sweetheart, play hard at the bridge.

Link to CatChat