Author Topic: Another Catchat Migrant arrives  (Read 2018 times)

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
Re: Another Catchat Migrant arrives
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2023, 10:37:11 AM »
 :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome:
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2023, 20:01:09 PM »
No, I don't know why i don't post more pics of her, I take enough. We've played sofa tennis this pm, was glad I have two, but of course when I sat on the other, she wanted to come and sit on it with me!!

Aww, that sounds a sweet cuddle from Saturn
Please spay your cat

Offline Ruth B

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Saturn, Freyja and Teddy
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2023, 18:12:56 PM »
I'm not sure I've actually seen Lucy before, heard a lot about her, but not seen a photo of her.

As for knee sitters, Freyja won't, but no surprise there.  Teddy will curl up beside me when I'm sat on the bed, not actually sitting on me but right up close so at least part of him is resting on me.  Then there is Saturn, who doesn't want to sit on my knee, he wants to sit or stand on my knee and then work his front paws up my chest until he can try and bite my nose, not just a nose bob, but open mouthed soft bite, or at least it was when he still had teeth, now it is more of a gumming.

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2023, 17:15:02 PM »
With difficulty most of the time Susanne, I am quite soft with her normally and give in
Please spay your cat

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2023, 16:25:00 PM »
Ah Lucy  :Luv2:  Not allowed to sit on you?  How do you manage that?  I don’t think I’d have much luck stopping Mosi from sitting on me  :-:

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2022, 15:58:44 PM »
Hope everyone had a nice Christmas, I've finally found time to come back and post a pic of Lucy, this was Christmas Eve (she's currently sleeping next to me as I won't let her sit on me! She's got really clingy this year, but I know she's getting old (15 now), so need to take advantage of it.
Please spay your cat

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2022, 07:42:51 AM »
Hi Ruth and welcome to Purrs.

Your cats are gorgeous.

I’m owned by 2 cats currently - Mosi is 17 years old today and Kito is 7.

Offline Amerififer

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Spirit
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2022, 09:25:38 AM »
Nice to see fellow cat chattters.. :)
The cat forum i suggested in catchat is also quite active and was one of my first sites along with catchat that I checked every morning..
Hope to see some of you there too..

Never can have enough cat support/chat forums. :)
Apologies to purrs if not allowed to mention another forum x

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2022, 20:31:46 PM »
Glad to see you made it Ruth, I'll be back later with pics of my three, as I don't think anyone has seen pics of Lucy recently, but I've had a long day!
Please spay your cat

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2022, 17:07:36 PM »
Hi Ruth and  :welcome:

We love hearing about furbabies, especially cats  ;D

I am slave to Alfie and Sky, who are both around 11 years old.

Alfie is a big, black lad who is quite the hunter. It's not unusual to find partial mice, rats and squirrels underneath our dining table.

Sky is small and shy. Also black with a bit of white at her throat. She is very timid, loves attention but on her own terms. Being picked up really worries her, so she is also rather difficult to get to the v e t. She was very ill a few years ago, was on steroids long-term and couldn't be immunised, so was kept in. Even though she is now off steroids and immunised, she has a bit of neurological damage so we still keep her in. She lives happily in our bedroom, allowing Alfie to join us at night - mostly.

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2022, 15:59:12 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs.  I am Liz the Clan Cats PA and their pets the Clan dogs we live in the rural frozen north of Aberdeenshire where currently its minus 6

The Clan is made up of Ferals, domestic moggies, Mau's and a few Bengals - Bengals are a tad addictive having been involved in a few rescues and then the ones who were unhomeable due to issues ended up staying the Cats range from age 2 to 17.

The Clan dogs are Sky whi iis 15 and a half black and white Border Collie and his brother the hooligan known as Haze who is 4
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Ruth B

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Saturn, Freyja and Teddy
Another Catchat Migrant arrives
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2022, 15:41:17 PM »
Good Day to you all

I'm another that was fairly active on Catchat, and felt i had to find a new home for all my kitty chatting now it is closing and this seemed to be the popular choice.

I am happy to be owned by, currently, 3 and a half cats.  Officially i have three, Saturn, who has been promoted to Avatar, and who is now officially toothless at about 7 years old, his last remaining tooth, one of his upper canines came out a week or so ago due to a long term medical issue, then there is Freyja, also 7 years old, a permanent scaredy cat, you only have to look at her wrong and she will run and hide, and who refuses to be picked up, which makes getter her to the vet 'interesting'.  Next we have Teddy, the newcomer to the household who only joined us in May.  My Golden Oldie Tiggy had finally passed over the rainbow bridge at 17 years old, before we had Saturn and Freyja we had a Ragdoll and I really wanted another.  Also being realistic, i knew i was likely to have to have a kitten as finding another adult Ragdoll when I wanted one was unlikely, particularly as my cats have access to my garden, which while fenced isn't cat proofed.  Looking on line, I saw several kittens that fitted the bill, but for some reason i never felt they were quite right and so didnt' contact the breeder.  Then I saw Teddy, bought as a kitten during Covid and with the family back  at work was looking for a new home, and he was 2 years old, perfect.  So Teddy joined the family.  Finally the answer to the 'half cat', we have an old fashioned unrestricted entry cat flap, partly as i can't imagine trying to teach Freyja to use a microchip one, which means we do get visiting cats at times.  There is a cat on the estate who was left behind when his owners moved and a couple of other people feed and have in their house at times, but I guess put out at night as that is when he turns up here.  We rarely see him but a security camera does pick up his coming and goings.  Normally he comes in, eats up what ever is left over from my three's supper and then heads out.  This last week or so he has been staying in for several hours, the other morning he over slept, i came down to find him on the sofa (and managed to get a quick photo of him), there was a mad scrabble of paws and a few hisses as he made his way quickly out.  I can't blame him for coming in with how cold its been, and with the camera I can keep an eye on him.  I don't want to upset the neighbours and I know an adult black and white cat in a shelter would be overlooked, so I keep an eye on him remotely, let him eat the left overs, and have somewhere to warm up when he needs it.  If he needs vet treatment then I will have to ask for help, but for now, i have part shares in a community cat.

As you can see I love talking about my cats.

Link to CatChat