Author Topic: Paws Inn Updates  (Read 790236 times)

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
Re: Paws Inn Updates
« Reply #4580 on: May 14, 2012, 10:30:06 AM »

Thought I would post some more drooling material,anyone want to come over here and help  :rofl: :rofl:

Definately drooling material!!  :wow: Great pic of Old Gobbo,  ;D

Wish i lived near enough to help!  :hug:

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
« Reply #4579 on: May 14, 2012, 09:58:05 AM »
And a few more. Carol took quite a few on her camera so hopefully there will be more to come.

Now Rosella Isnt the photo comp due soon. As you can see Old Gobbo has expressed a desire to be a male model   :rofl:

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4578 on: May 14, 2012, 09:46:45 AM »
I see lots of people have been drooling over these pictures  :rofl:  Olivia is bright again today as our her babies who seem to have doubled in size.

Thought I would post some more drooling material,anyone want to come over here and help  :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Tigerlily (Allison)

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Toby
« Reply #4577 on: May 14, 2012, 08:17:02 AM »
Aww, bless Olivia and her babies. I can't imagine what possesses someone to dump a cat like that when there are rescue centres.  :'( :'( :'(

So glad that are now receiving the care that they need.
http://www.cat-rescue1.co.uk/

RIP Simba ~ 16/04/02
RIP Tiger ~ 25/08/02
RIP Lily ~ 03/04/10
RIP Molly ~ 04/11/16
Always in my thoughts, forever in my heart

If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I would walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4576 on: May 13, 2012, 17:13:26 PM »
human exhausted but heres Olivia showing her bones but so much better. Got lots more pics but later.

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
« Reply #4575 on: May 13, 2012, 10:57:27 AM »
If you are getting internal error pages coming up it's because of your pc's cookies held for the old site of Paws Inn. To correct this
delete all your cookies for Paws inn and manually type in www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk into your address bar to load the new updated pages.

:hug: :thanks:

OK, for anyone who might be struggling to get passed this, as I was, I've finally managed it, so please do persevere.

The cookie that was causing my Internal Server Error 400 was actually the PurrsInOurHearts cookie, not PawsInn.

My browser is Mozilla Firefox, other browsers have their own cookie deletion methods, but to get to my cookies I went into Tools, then Options, then Security... there's a "delete cookies" option in there, just scroll down to those for PurrsInOurHearts and delete all the cookies visible.

You'll need to sign back into Purrs afterwards but once you've done this, the PawsInn website link works again (you will notice immediately as the home page is completely different).

Hope this helps, not being a genius on pooters, I was getting quite frustrated with myself  :-[

Love to all at the Inn the beautiful morning. Really liking those names, T, but am a bit worried about your emergencies.  :scared: :hug: :hug:

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4574 on: May 13, 2012, 09:33:52 AM »
Thank you all  :hug:
Emergencies have cropped up and I dont have Debbie today but will still try and get pics.
Have looked at our list of Shakesperian characters and decided on some names, I best also put colours next to names. All are much brighter this morning including poor mum who we feel has been beaten in the past because of her reactions. This darling girl will only know love and a full tummy in future.
Anyway names
Mum is dark tortie she is Olivia
Boy is Ginger his name is Orlando
1st Girl is pure black her name is Ophelia
2nd girl (and weakest) is tortie and white her name is Cassandra
3rd girl is pure white her name is Constance

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #4573 on: May 13, 2012, 01:13:52 AM »
Poor babies  :'( :'( :'( So pleased they are finally safe and have everything crossed that Mum and babies will thrive  :hug:

OH asked what I'd do with his Premium Bonds win - only £25 - but as he didn't seem to know what to do with it, well there was only one choice, wasn't there?  :evillaugh:

What an excellent idea - I only have a very small amount of premium bonds but was lucky enough to win £25 this month too so will follow your OH's lead and send it to the little ones (and big ones) at Paws Inn  :hug:

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #4572 on: May 12, 2012, 22:34:32 PM »
Just wanted to do an update on little mum from box on canal bank.

She is so much brighter now,kittens all have full tummys so a huge relief, will try and get pics tomorrow.

That's wonderful news, T....you are an angel!  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4571 on: May 12, 2012, 21:43:47 PM »
What is wrong with people...? Actually, no don't answer that.  >:( Glad  they're safe with you now, Teresa.

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4570 on: May 12, 2012, 21:13:43 PM »
Just wanted to do an update on little mum from box on canal bank.

She is so much brighter now,kittens all have full tummys so a huge relief, will try and get pics tomorrow.

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4569 on: May 12, 2012, 20:09:54 PM »
The donation link on the special appeal section of the website isn't working.

Also could someone confirm whether CW8 is sufficient in the postcode to get donation deliveries correctly delivered direct.

If anyone needs [postal address please pm me. I am always careful about strangers turning up unannounced so actually conceal my address to protect the cats.

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
« Reply #4568 on: May 12, 2012, 20:05:33 PM »
If you are getting internal error pages coming up it's because of your pc's cookies held for the old site of Paws Inn. To correct this
delete all your cookies for Paws inn and manually type in www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk into your address bar to load the new updated pages.

:hug: :thanks:

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
« Reply #4567 on: May 12, 2012, 19:53:32 PM »
Hi Poppycat

Thanks very much. I have fixed the link on the appeals page to Donations.
I think Teresa is only doing donations through the paypal link at the mo not through post but will check.

:hug: :thanks: :hug:

Offline poppycat

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: skittycat
« Reply #4566 on: May 12, 2012, 19:18:11 PM »
The donation link on the special appeal section of the website isn't working.

Also could someone confirm whether CW8 is sufficient in the postcode to get donation deliveries correctly delivered direct.

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
« Reply #4565 on: May 12, 2012, 18:19:30 PM »
We have now transferred Teresa's Paws Inn website over to the new system  ;D

Please take a look and let us know what you think .. and while ya there have a look at the wonderful babes needing a home.  :Luv: :Luv:

http://www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk/

There is a special appeal on at the mo as Paws Inn is Bursting with so many needy ones  :'(   in so if you can help in any way with donations that would be so great.  :Luv: Anything can be donated from Cat Food to dosh if you have any spare  :sneaky:

lol i sound like Sir Bob again!  :shy:

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #4564 on: May 12, 2012, 18:06:33 PM »

Oh Teresa.  That's truly horrific.  Thank goodness the woman found them, and thank goodness she was able to appeal to you.  For all that you're bursting at the seams, bless you for your caring.   :hug: :hug:

What a sorry tale over the last week, with Mums and babies.   :(

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4563 on: May 12, 2012, 14:51:32 PM »
This is sickening. Thank you for taking these little ones in, T.  :hug:

Have everything crossed for their recovery, and think you should send the Sunday People another story to publish about this - it may help to prevent even one more kitten from dying a horrible, cold and lonely death.

I hope whoever did this gets what he/she deserves on judgement day.  >:(

OH asked what I'd do with his Premium Bonds win - only £25 - but as he didn't seem to know what to do with it, well there was only one choice, wasn't there?  :evillaugh:

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
« Reply #4562 on: May 12, 2012, 13:01:01 PM »
 :'( :'( I will never understand why anyone could hurt any living, cause any other human or animal pain & Suffering  :censored: :censored:

Sending loads of love & Hugs over to you all T
and also transferred money to Paws Inn from Buster fund for darlin Cornelius   :hug: :hug: and donations  :hug: :hug:

Offline CarolM (Wendolene)

• Royal Cat
  • Korky: June 1992 - 19/10/2009
  • Slave to: Bunty and Biggles
« Reply #4561 on: May 12, 2012, 12:22:43 PM »
What a heartbreaking story.  :'(  Sending lots of  :hug:  :hug:  :hug: for mum and babies and  :hug:  :hug:  :hug: for Teresa, Debbie and Rob for going into action so quickly despite being full to bursting.

As most of you know I'm a regular visitor to Paws Inn and  I'm struggling to imagine how she has managed to squeeze these poor souls in but I do know they will be getting love and care that is second to none.  If T can't bring them round then nobody can.

Offline Jiji

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Algernon & Noodle
« Reply #4560 on: May 12, 2012, 11:13:52 AM »
OMG!!!! Words fail me.....it makes me ashamed to be called human!! :'( :'(  How can anyone do this?????  :Crazy:  Really hope mom and babies will be ok, T  :scared:

Thank God for you and Paws Inn!  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Can't really add much to Shirley's post, but will add a few more  :hug: :hug: :hug:  and a donation for good measure.

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #4559 on: May 12, 2012, 10:54:32 AM »
OMG!!!! Words fail me.....it makes me ashamed to be called human!! :'( :'(  How can anyone do this?????  :Crazy:  Really hope mom and babies will be ok, T  :scared:

Thank God for you and Paws Inn!  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline madasacatter

• Senior Cat
« Reply #4558 on: May 12, 2012, 10:40:50 AM »
Hugs all round to you, your helpers and the cats, especially the canal side cats which have clearly you and the walker to thank.   :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Words fail me, for the people that call themselves humans that did this to them.  :censored:
Coventry Cat Group

Offline CatGirl

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #4557 on: May 12, 2012, 10:40:14 AM »
Sitting here reading this story while crying,how can "people"do this? they need their comeuppance,hanging by the neck wouldn't be too good for them.......... >:(

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4556 on: May 12, 2012, 10:17:52 AM »

PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO READ THIS
Already full to bursting I took an urgent call about mum and kittens last night and it worried me sick, Rob was left to set up collapsible and scrub a proper Pen,poor Debbie was phoned at 9pm to take me to Middlewich.
The poor mum cat and her 4 babies were dumped on the canalside in Middlewich, the finder had noticed the box 2 days previous and thought nothing of it, yesterday evening she was walking by the canal again and noticed box still there, imagine her horror when she decided to peep in,she grabbed the box and ran home before calling us.
The mother cat was almost "out of it" no interest in her starving babies, obviously suffering from malnutrion and shortage of calcium. The 4 babies were trying to eat food bowl anything they were so starved,we think they are about 3 weeks old.
Another day and mum would have died.
Thankfully we were able to fill mum cat with cat milk to help replenish calcium, we fed kittens and thankfully this morning after another huge bowl of milk and breakfast mum recognises her kittens again.
This disgusts me,last month it was poor Cordelia left in a garden 3weeks for dead,in March poor Cornelius with untold injuries which we are still treating,not to mention all the other inmates with sorry tales to tell.
In the last month we have received £170 in donations of which £70 was the result of the Sunday People article;I think this should speak for itself,people do not value the most precious lives of animals and their money certainly doesnt go to charity. Rant over.

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4555 on: May 11, 2012, 12:47:26 PM »
Rosella you need specsavers  :rofl: its actually 3rd kitten along and foot belongs to mum. :rofl:

Anastasia yes we removed her cancerous ears some years ago before rehoming her, I did say she was going to be with us forever as there is concern about her nose,however if the right home comes along who knows.

Beautiful pictures - you must be so busy Teresa  :hug: :hug:
Anastasia is looking very contented   :Luv:
In truth Paws Inn is always busy though latest additions have really stretched us to the limit. As for me heartbreakingly I do very little,poor Rob mucks out every morning and feeds,I have the most wonderful helpers in Debbie,Carol, and Julie and of course Helen who does the website,left to me alone Paws Inn would have folded in October 2009. I merely attend to phones/emails and worry were the next lot of cat food is coming from.In truth I have been known to scrat the odd cat when I had accidentally doubled my morphine  :rofl: fortunately only Carol witnessed that :rofl: :rofl:

We have so many cats who never receive a mention so will attempt to run through everything thats if I can stay awake long enough  :rofl:

Fuchsia Black/white is a grand old lady now,she came here in 1997 aged 5years, she is now an affectionate old soul but has a grade 5/6 heart murmur and bladder stones,just realised that makes her 20ish.

Ivan the terrible black came to us around 1999,all I am going to say was that he fell out of a wagon which was full of illegal immigrants.Hes a Kosovan with horrendous allergies and the most lovable lad.

Cat and Chat tabby brothers around 8years one strokable the other still wild.

Olly  Black/white our new President,he has sacral illiac pins following an RTA and suffers nerve damage so remains here on vets advice.
Tula Tabby former feral but learnt to trust us came here in 2000, shes lovable now.
Anastasia Grey/white well I think everyone knows her.
Milly Black/White feral though we can fuss her when she wants aged about 8 years.
Wilma Black feral mildly CH girl is only just beginning to let Rob stroke her after 14 years.
Cornelius Grey/white bless him, today he finishes 7weeks of antibiotics following horrific leg injuries, hes beautiful and lovable despite all hes been through.
Fontaine and Dainty Black been her almost 2 years now .
Ginga Ninja,lovable, Noodles ginger shes getting there, Grasshopper tabby still very timid been here since 2009.
Cordelia calico ancient 20 year old, loves her food.
Portia and Nerissa tortie mum tabby kitten seeking home together, both are lovable to the extreme.
Baby Bea Black/white shes still here,we just havent found anyone good enough for her.
Happy and Rainbow black female kittens arrived last week from multicat household, they are lovely though very undersized.
Athena black/white with kittens Peasblossom, Old Gobbo ,Francis Flute and Puck, mum is adorable.
Then theres Rosalind white/tabby with her kittens Tom Snout,Titiania,Perdita and Cobweb.
I almost forgot Big H and Wilbur Black the most lovable,athletic boys you could wish to meet they are last 2 of Holy Terrors,people have viewed them and knocked them back because they are "TOO GOOD"
Think thats all for now.

Modified to say that Heaven forbid I forgot Pansydora the little troublemaker who was raped at just 4 months and had horrific cat flu, shes not pregnant so spay can wait,meanwhile shes enjoying being a proper little madam.
O dear Darth Vader forgot him too, total feral, scruffy but enjoys calling here for his tucker.
 I need the sack  :rofl: Carol has just informed me I forgot Bella and Daisy,black/white 5 month old sisters who we have just spayed and microchipped,these are adorable girls

« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 09:49:49 AM by Teresa Pawcats »

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4554 on: May 11, 2012, 11:28:58 AM »
Great photos....Anastasia is my fave. :Luv: :Luv: I like the serious looking kitten too, though. Wonder what they're worrying about..... ;)

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #4553 on: May 11, 2012, 08:54:52 AM »
I was wondering about the lovely lady with the smaller ears and a lovely collar  :shy:  I felt sure she must be much loved due to the care she obviously had experienced in the past and hoped her slaves would find her quickly. 

Then I saw the name and, oh Teresa, Anastasia looks fabulous and I remembered she is yours for keeps  :)  You've worked your magic with her. You truly have. One very chilled out looking lovely  :Luv:

The second along from mom's tail seems to have a rather big foot  :shocked:  :)
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 09:08:10 AM by Rosella moggy »

Offline ChrisB

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
  • Gizmo, Bubbles, Cleo, Daisy and Ellie
« Reply #4552 on: May 10, 2012, 23:25:30 PM »
Beautiful pictures - you must be so busy Teresa  :hug: :hug:
Anastasia is looking very contented   :Luv:
Unconditional love is hard to find unless you have a cat

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #4551 on: May 10, 2012, 21:57:41 PM »
Wow!  :Crazy: I thought Paws Inn was already bursting at the seams, you certainly have been busy  :hug: Glad to hear the poorly ones are feeling better and hope that includes you Teresa  :hug:

Are any of the new intake ready to go on the websites? Just let me know if they are...

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4550 on: May 10, 2012, 15:33:57 PM »
What an adorable bunch!  :Luv2: Well they look adorable from over here  :naughty:

"Cor, you're amazing" and  da best to you and all your team at the Inn. No wonder it's been quiet on the thread, mefinks you might have been a tad busy.  :hug:

Offline Sabrina (Auferstehen)

• Super Cat
    • Bywater Paws
« Reply #4549 on: May 10, 2012, 14:45:47 PM »
What lovely pictures.

Shakespear brought tears to my eyes as he looks like our cat Penguin who passed earlier this year.

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4548 on: May 10, 2012, 13:58:08 PM »
Rosalinde and family

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4547 on: May 10, 2012, 13:52:09 PM »
more of Carols pics

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4546 on: May 10, 2012, 13:48:42 PM »
Some of Carols pics

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4545 on: May 10, 2012, 12:01:32 PM »
Looks like its not only my Shakespeare thats dodgy but my maths as well.   :-[

2 mums each with 4 kittens plus 2 older kittens makes  12 doesn't it and not 10 as I said.  :rofl:

Should also have mentioned that Happy and Rainbow (who arrived with those names) are both girls.

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #4544 on: May 10, 2012, 11:31:07 AM »
Thanks for the update Carol.  Blimey bursting at the seams is right  :Crazy:  Looking forward to pics of latest additions when/if Teresa can find the time  :hug:

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4543 on: May 09, 2012, 23:57:30 PM »
Work has continued apace at the Inn while I've been on hols.  The good news is the poorly ones are all better :phew: with Pansydora (who was the worst affected) being fit enough for her first vaccinations today, along with Portia (who was speyed last week) and her kitten Nerissa. 

Over the weekend there have been 10, yes that really is TEN new additions :faint: so the Inn is once again bursting at the seams.  Sadly no homings and none in the offing.  :(

No pics I'm afraid because I didn't have my camera but I did get some decent ones of Rosalind and crew on T's camera and I'm sure she'll post them when if she gets time.

In the meantime, here is a rundown of newbies.  I'll let you guess the colours.    ;)

Mum Athena  :Luv2: and her four 3-week old kittens Old Gobbo, Puck, Francis Flute and Peaseblossom (3 boys 1 girl).

Mum Rosalind and her four 3-week old kittens who co-incidentally were born on the same day as Athena's kittens.  There are 3 girls and 1 boy, but the only name I can remember is Cobweb  :Luv2: (I find the Shakespearean theme a bit challenging - never was my strong suite   :-[ )

Two older kittens Happy and Rainbow  :Luv2:  :Luv2: who came from the same house as Athena but have a different mum.  The lady said they were born between Christmas and New Year but they're very small and vet Andy doubts they're that old but has declared them healthy and gave them their first vaccs today. 

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
« Reply #4542 on: May 08, 2012, 19:46:48 PM »
Hi T hun and all at the Inn

Way long over due from me being awol for so long but have thought about all the rescue babes on Purrs and the rescues every day and just wanted to send all my love over with huge hugs for you all.

:Luv: :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

Offline Kirst

• Moderating Staff
  • Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Beavis , Jerry , Gizmo , Stevie and Fredcat
« Reply #4541 on: May 07, 2012, 11:44:06 AM »
Hope all is ok , lots of love for you and the guests at the Inn xxx :hug: :hug:

Link to CatChat