Author Topic: Paws Inn Updates  (Read 790227 times)

Offline Angiew

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
Re: Paws Inn Updates
« Reply #2140 on: November 05, 2010, 15:26:06 PM »
 :hug:

It gets harder each time you lose one. RIP Sam and hope the others pass with flying colours.
Take care of yourself - you must learn to say no and not overburden yourself - though a bit late for that.

I think we should all pack it in for a while and rest....

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
« Reply #2139 on: November 05, 2010, 15:16:11 PM »
Been another heartbreaking day which began when I found tiny boy Sam dead in his litter tray when I went to give them their 6am feed. The remaining 4 have spent the last 5 hours at the vets to give me a break, Lucy was sick yet again so she too has spent day at vets being tested for just about everything.
Annabel and her kittens in for recheck at 4.20 so will pick Lucy and Kittens up at same time.
Chelseas kittens started pooping on pen floor a few days ago, I found out why this morning, Chelsea has been beating them up so have split mum and kittens just to add to the chaos. Tomorrow I need to do major move around and spring cleaning if I get chance, trouble is I havent decided who to move where ,all I know is that its time for muckspots to vacate my kitchen.
I`m afraid the doors to Paws Inn are firmly closed and I`m not sure if I even want to open them again. I have spent 22 years doing what I do and when I look at things now they are worse than when I started all those years ago; sadly I no longer feel as if I am doing any good anymore and no longer feel that I can make a difference .

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #2138 on: November 05, 2010, 13:56:25 PM »
Massive :hug: for you and :care: to all the little ones in your care  :hug:

Offline Ann Clarke (Tabby cat)

• Super Cat
  • Dylan 1999 (approx) - 26/12/09. Love you forever.
    • Gateshead CP
  • Slave to: Hobbes and Luna
« Reply #2137 on: November 05, 2010, 12:31:01 PM »
Just popping in to top up the  :hug: and hoping that today is better for you. Poor little Lucy, your heart just goes out to her  :hug:

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #2136 on: November 05, 2010, 07:41:48 AM »
I am sorry you have had such a hard couple of days, fingers crossed today is a better day for all at the Inn.
Please spay your cat

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #2135 on: November 05, 2010, 07:28:38 AM »

Just popping by to do a little cyber kittie cuddling  :cat rub: :catlove2:  Hope it's been a quiet night at the Inn.

Offline CarolM (Wendolene)

• Royal Cat
  • Korky: June 1992 - 19/10/2009
  • Slave to: Bunty and Biggles
« Reply #2134 on: November 05, 2010, 00:05:05 AM »
Sending mahoosive  :hug:  :hug:  :hug: to all at the Inn, especially you T.  Your description of Lucy has brought tears to my eyes.   :'(  Poor little mite, I hope she will be OK and her little babies.   :Luv2:

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2133 on: November 04, 2010, 21:23:31 PM »
Can only echo the sentiments expressed about Lucy. You know you have to do what's best for her, even if it goes against a strongly held belief. I'm so sorry you might have to make that decision because of someone else being irresponsible.

Really do hope things calm down again soon.

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline AliCat

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Tachi and Akamaru.
« Reply #2132 on: November 04, 2010, 20:54:26 PM »
 :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #2131 on: November 04, 2010, 18:52:50 PM »
Well all cats and kittens fed ,its been really tough going with Lucys 5 as the little boy been sick non stop, Simon and Summer have been gannets but Sunshine and Sunny are being really difficult, tonight it has occured to me that its the 3 smallest causing the problem, they have all been lapping for me for nearly a week so this is a worrying step back, I have given all 5 a dose of Lucys calcium supplement and tiny boy has had something to stop him feeling sick lets hope it works as I couldnt face vets yet again today.So far 40 minutes since feed and its still in his tummy.
Lucy bless her is so small and frail you just want to cuddle her tight and protect her forever, if only these idiots knew the damage they cause by not neutering , then again they are too mindless to care. She has had her calcium and managed to hiss at me and eaten a small tea.
Annabel on the other hand has stolen her kittens food twice, she is bright and so are her kittens, Norman Wisdom is the only one being awkward about taking solids now.
Muckspots are ginormus.
Sophies kittens getting fat.
Chelseas kittens much brighter
All others doing fine, Olly escaped again at 5am and refused to be found before 6am, it is OH to blame leaving door open in his mad rush to smoke >:(

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #2130 on: November 04, 2010, 18:17:27 PM »

Teresa, just wanting to send you a hug.   :hug:

• Royal Cat
« Reply #2129 on: November 04, 2010, 17:25:54 PM »
 :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #2128 on: November 04, 2010, 14:07:56 PM »
Indeed a heartbreaking decision to have to make, but you must put Lucy first  :hug: :hug:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Angiew

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #2127 on: November 04, 2010, 13:05:16 PM »
when i worked at CP in Birmingham we had an 11 or 12 year old cat with her latest litter of 6 kittens. she suffered like poor Lucy and sadly was lost.

Lucy must be the first priority.

• Super Cat
    • Gateshead CP
« Reply #2126 on: November 04, 2010, 12:39:48 PM »
Not much to add really except to send my love and lots of  :hug:. I agree with the others re Lucy, it's not something any of us do lightly but she certainly couldn't cope with another pregnancy and the kittens would be unlikely to be healthy. You are thinking about Lucy as she is the one in your care and needing your help and although it's a horrible decision to have to make we know you will have Lucy's best interests at heart when you make it. My heart goes out to you T and I only wish I was near you and could help  :hug:

Offline JenGeorgieBob

• Auction Staff
  • Super Cat
  • Slave to: Billy and Zarny (Benji, Fred and Ginger, gone but not forgotten)
« Reply #2125 on: November 04, 2010, 12:00:32 PM »
Sorry to hear things are so tough, I hope things improve soon! A nice hot bath and a hot chocolate to get in some me time perhaps?
I agree with others, you have to think of Lucy's life as well as the kittens.
 :hug:

Jen
...pick yourself up, dust yourself off, start all over again...

Offline CatGirl

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #2124 on: November 04, 2010, 11:56:18 AM »
I too agree with others,you will have to terminate to help with her life.Wish i could do half of what you rescuers do.x :hug:

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #2123 on: November 04, 2010, 11:08:53 AM »
Oh T, so sorry to hear how things are at the moment  :(  I agree about terminating if Lucy is pregnant-there's no way she could cope with more babies so soon (not sure if a healthy cat could!) and you certainly couldn't!  :Crazy:

I hope you manage to find time to have a rest today, but it doesn't sound like you will!   :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2122 on: November 04, 2010, 10:21:49 AM »
T i'm sorry to hear how hard everything is at the moment as for Lucy I agree with what others have said, I know it isn't something you would normally do but really it sounds like the only thing to do in this case, her poor body must be wrecked

Offline Lil_Scruff

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Scratchy, Bear, Busta, Bronx, Brooklyn and part-time cats Scruff, Scamp and Scrumpberry
« Reply #2121 on: November 04, 2010, 10:08:52 AM »
Oh poor you T! I hadn't seen your latest two posts last night when I sent you the PM - would have sent more cyber hugs if I'd have known!

I can only begin to understand how tough a decision is deciding to get a litter terminated but, as Skully says, in the case of poor Lucy it could end up being the kinder option for Mum cat.

If you could do with my help over the next couple of days - whether it's kitten cuddling/ vet's run / muck-spot wiping / shoulder to cry on / etc then give me a bell or send me a PM and I can come by  :hug:   :hug:   :hug:

x

Offline Skully

• Adult Cat
    • Pirate Pixie Crew
« Reply #2120 on: November 04, 2010, 09:33:34 AM »
Teresa, it sounds to me like you are being run ragged. I hope things get easier really soon.

On the topic of Lucy, I'd say that by terminating you are still fighting for every life. You are fighting for Lucy's life. I am not someone that would terminate if there was a choice, so I don't say that lightly. You also have to think about all the other little wards in your care, as it is, it is very unlikely that if Lucy does give birth to live babies that she will be in any state to look after them or that they will be very healthy kittens, which would take a huge toll on your resources with a very unlikely outcome of healthy full grown cats at the end of it. If Lucy were heath it would be a different matter but as you say, she is weak and ill and she needs you to fight for her.

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #2119 on: November 04, 2010, 09:18:35 AM »
It's just neverending isn't it  :hug:

No its not, I just cant do this anymore,have spend last 4 hours on my knees feeding/cleaning and in agony and in 20 minutes its time to start over again.

As to Lucy being pregnant everyone on here knows that I have never aborted and fight for every life, however if it turns out she is pregnant God forgive me because I will terminate for her sake as she is too weak to cope. I have agonised all night over this decision.

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2118 on: November 04, 2010, 08:14:22 AM »
Good luck with handrearing, and I hope Lucy isn't pregnant, as it doesn't sound like she is well enough to cope with another pregnancy
Please spay your cat

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #2117 on: November 04, 2010, 00:42:32 AM »
It's just neverending isn't it  :hug:

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2116 on: November 03, 2010, 22:09:19 PM »
So hope Lucy isn't pregnant again.  :scared: Also hope things get a little less stressful (long shot, I know...) at some point soon.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2010, 22:10:08 PM by JackSpratt »

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

• Royal Cat
« Reply #2115 on: November 03, 2010, 21:43:44 PM »
OH dear, I was so hoping you wouldn't have to hand rear another litter and the thought that Lucy might be pregnant again just doesn't bear thinking about.  Silly thing to say under the circumstances but do try to get some 'me' time.  A poorly Mum T is just not what these kittens need and we dont want it either.  Sending lots of gentle  :hug:  :hug: for your aching bones and a big  bunch of these  :summer flowers: to soothe your soul and lift your spirits.  Hope Lucy will be OK.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2010, 21:44:50 PM by CarolM (Wendolene) »

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2114 on: November 03, 2010, 20:22:12 PM »
Teresa - offering a hankie and a shoulder if you need it.  :hug: :hug:  :shy:

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
« Reply #2113 on: November 03, 2010, 20:13:39 PM »
 :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
T I might just join you in a good cry its that kind of day
I hope things improve for you and that Lucy isnt pregnant again
love
Tab

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #2112 on: November 03, 2010, 20:04:39 PM »
Yet another rush to vets late this afternoon, Lucy very sick as a result of her calcium levels, have been supplementing kittens diet for over a week now but its no good vet has decided kittens to be taken away from her so thats it 5 little blacks for handrearing.
Vet also pointed out that it is quite possible that Lucy is already pregnant (her kittens are 4 weeks old) I think he prefers me with grey hair  :rofl:
I am tired, I`m aching, I`m hungry and so behind with human things and I made the mistake of reading about male chicks so I need a good cry too.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2111 on: November 03, 2010, 18:31:22 PM »
Oh Teresa.  Hope you're not feeling too knocked out by your fall.   :hug: :hug:  Norty muckspots.  >:(

• Super Cat
    • Gateshead CP
« Reply #2110 on: November 03, 2010, 17:45:25 PM »
Blimey those muckspots are a handful  :Crazy: hope you are ok T and glad that Annabel and Lucy are doing well along with all the babies  :Luv2:

Offline JulieCats

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: TED, BILL, TWINKLE and HARVEY
« Reply #2109 on: November 03, 2010, 17:09:18 PM »
Hope you are ok Teresa.

• Royal Cat
« Reply #2108 on: November 03, 2010, 15:05:58 PM »
Poor you, poor washing and poor ferals.  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  I hope you have no lasting effects from your fall T, its surprising how lethal that woodchip litter can be, if it decides to roll under your feet then the cahnces are you roll with it.   :-:   I'm glad to hear that Lucy and Annabel are back on form - long may it continue.

Offline AliCat

• Super Cat
« Reply #2107 on: November 03, 2010, 14:56:39 PM »
Oh no! It sounds like you've been in the wars.

Naughty muckspots!!  :hairrasin:

I hear chocolate is very good for taking your mind off injuries.  ;)

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #2106 on: November 03, 2010, 12:49:41 PM »
Both Annabel and Lucy have cared for their kittens well overnight, I am supplement feeding both litters which is hard messy work but mums lick kittens clean so no worries, it wont go on forever. Lucy very reluctantly taking her calcium  and have noticed the vacant look is less and less and her temper is improving so its doing its job.
Gave my leg one heck of a knock and fell on a solitary piece of woodbased cat litter this morning whilst cleaning the Muckspots, they thought it was hilarious and while I was stuck on the floor crying they decided to pull all my clean washing all over the floor, Chuckyegg , Sunflower and Kentucky climbed on my kitchen units stealing the food put out ready for the ferals,in other words total bedlam.
No wonder I am exhausted.

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2105 on: November 03, 2010, 08:24:58 AM »
Glad Annabel is home, i had a similar incident with Tiger once, really high temp, went to the vets, couple of jabs, tests inconclusive and it cleared up in a couple of days. Glad she is happy with her babies though.
Please spay your cat

Offline JulieCats

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: TED, BILL, TWINKLE and HARVEY
« Reply #2104 on: November 03, 2010, 08:09:47 AM »
So glad Annabel and Lucy are ok a bit worrying that they couldn't find out what caused Annabel to be so ill.   Kittens look great your doing a wonderful job.  Glad you got to cuddle baby TJ as well.

Julie

Offline AliCat

• Super Cat
« Reply #2103 on: November 02, 2010, 20:20:09 PM »
So glad to hear that Annabel is back and feeling better. Any news on how Lucy is getting on?

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
« Reply #2102 on: November 02, 2010, 18:54:05 PM »
Im glad Annabel is home and back with her babies. I dont know why but I fell for her at your description and when I found she was a tortie I really wished I had money and Amber wanted a friend.

Im glad you have time to cuddle baby as well and kittens. In fact I wish I lived closer I love cuddling both kitties and babies, even if I do have severe back and leg aches after being sat on by my friends cat for an hour this afternoon.....we wont mention the nail holes from when she fell off my knee  :evillaugh:
love
Tab
« Last Edit: November 02, 2010, 18:55:31 PM by tab »

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
« Reply #2101 on: November 02, 2010, 18:48:23 PM »
So glad that Annabel is home and keeping everything crossed that she goes from strength to strength xxx

Beautiful photos as always  :Luv2:
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner?  :wow:
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Link to CatChat