Author Topic: Worried about Tiger again  (Read 45749 times)

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
Re: Worried about Tiger again
« Reply #346 on: November 29, 2007, 08:09:02 AM »
Poor Tiger and poor you, it really is an agonising decision to have to make as you know but one that can't be made with our feelings in mind, we have to put the cats first which I know you always do  :hug: Tiger has received more love and affection in her time with you than she probably had her whole life.  Hope she enjoys her special food  :hug:

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #345 on: November 29, 2007, 07:56:27 AM »
my heart goes out to you Desley.   Really, it's so hard.  Am glad she's letting you stroke her.  She knows you love her.  She may be tricky and feisty and prickly, but she knows you love her.  And she loves you too, otherwise you wouldn't even get near, not once.

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #344 on: November 29, 2007, 07:54:17 AM »
Thanks guys, this is the bit I dont like about owning oldies, but imo it is the most impoortant, you have to be able to put them first, and if you can't, you aren't being fair to them. I have always known that if either Tiger or Molly got a condition that meant daily medication I wouldn't be able to do it to them and I would have to let them go sooner, but it still doesn't help much when it comes down to it. I have some nice food in that I was saving, but she will have that for the next couple of days, and she is allowing me to stroke her a bit more now, so she will have as much as she will tolerate.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2007, 07:56:34 AM by Desley (booktigger) »
Please spay your cat

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #343 on: November 29, 2007, 07:13:25 AM »
Difficult decision Desley, but am thinking of you both and sending  :hug: your way.

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #342 on: November 29, 2007, 06:45:32 AM »
Sorry to hear the news about Tiger isn't so good.  I am sure you will do whatever you feel is right for her and whatever happens Desley she is lucky she had you in her life for recent past.  Good luck to you both :hug:

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #341 on: November 28, 2007, 23:25:44 PM »
Des sometimes they tell us when they are ready to go and it sounds like Tiger has nearly decided its time and yes it will break your heart, have you in floods of tears and you will with a heavy heart find someone who needs you as she does.

Its seems to be the way of the world and our thoughts are with you at this time my only advice is love her on her terms and remeber that she has had a great time with you and thats what its all about. :hug:
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #340 on: November 28, 2007, 21:53:27 PM »
Thanks JS, I dont think I am being fair on her buying her time now, as that is all I am doing, I have just popped down to sort something out, she miaowed at me and wandered into the kitchen after me for food, but still had some tea down, and didn't tuck into it, and I can't see her continue to be miserable. At least I know now I have given her every chance, and as the vet says, it seems like she doesn't want us to medicate her, and without her co-operation, it isn't fair to leave her unhappy and in pain, I love her too much for that, and however hard it is, I have to do what is best for her, not for me. Thanks, I suppose I am really - she would have been pts 15 months ago if they hadn't been able to find someone to take her, so at least she has had that time, and known love and affection that I think she missed out on, and we have tried so many things for her.
Please spay your cat

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #339 on: November 28, 2007, 20:57:43 PM »
Desley, whatever you do for Tiger it will most definately be for the best. You do an amazing job with the OAPs and you should be really proud.

Fuss to Tiger.

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #338 on: November 28, 2007, 20:38:29 PM »
Thanks - the only problem is taking her every 3 days for jabs isn't an option (she didn't like the weekly jabs earlier in the year), so I dont really know what is going to happen, think I am hoping for a non-existent miracle to be honest, all I am doing at the moment is buying her time, and not sure if it is best for her, although I hate times like this when you have manageable conditions in any other cat except the ones I happen to own, I know it wont stop me helping oldies - vet did her usual 'why can't you get a nice kitten', but as I said to her, they aren't the ones who need me, the oldies like Tiger are. The vet reminded me again that we have limited options, she said that painkilling injections prob wouldnt work due to the fact that Metacam made her limp worse.
Please spay your cat

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #337 on: November 28, 2007, 20:33:39 PM »
Desley i really hope she feels better by friday. I keep my finger crossed for her and you. :hug:

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #336 on: November 28, 2007, 20:23:56 PM »
Have had to have her to the vets tonight, vet now suspects a viral infection and slight dehydration on top of everything else, so she has had a steroid and a/b jab, and see how she goes, but she isn't a happy girl at the moment - been better since the vet visit, she had a few mins of play and eaten a bit more, but realistically, it is the only good time she has had this week, so if there is no major improvement by Fri, that app will be her last.
Please spay your cat

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #335 on: November 28, 2007, 18:28:19 PM »
Sorry she has been sick again Desley.  Hope she manages to eat and keep it down tonight

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #334 on: November 28, 2007, 07:53:05 AM »
Either that or she is thinking I am going to put a tablet down her throat!!
Didnt' have a good night last night, I Was out for a couple of hours and came back to lots of odd looking sick on the kitchen floor, she is being picky with her food again this morning, although happy to eat dry. We have a vet app on Fri, but if she is sick once more, I shall ask them to move it forward for me. I thought she was being nice last night and coming to sit with me, but just growled at me until I moved and sat on the floor (she never sits on my sofa, she has one of her own), so I am not sure how happy she truly is at the moment, if my plan doesnt work when we go to the vets on Fri, I might have to have a long, hard think.
Please spay your cat

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #333 on: November 27, 2007, 12:46:11 PM »
Little madam!  Do you think she may be avoiding you touching her in case you take her to the nasty vet?  Dragan does this sometimes.  It is so difficult trying to get them to have the stuff that is good for them when they refuse point blank to co-operate.  Hope she has enjoyed her breakfast and will carry on eating well today.

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #332 on: November 27, 2007, 07:49:15 AM »
Oh yes!! I am sure I will, she has been given Asda Tiger SEnior and was tucking in till the fishy JWB was put down!!
Please spay your cat

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #331 on: November 27, 2007, 07:45:28 AM »
Hmmm.  Living up to her name again, I see!  Sending some positive vibes your way Desley.  Hope you can get something into her today.

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #330 on: November 27, 2007, 07:43:27 AM »
Being odd, she wouldn't let me touch her again this morning - she hadn't finished her food overnight, so have had to raid Rolo's biscuits to give her a different flavour!!
Please spay your cat

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #329 on: November 27, 2007, 07:00:29 AM »
Bless her, Desley.  How's she this morning?

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #328 on: November 26, 2007, 21:27:49 PM »
She has barely eaten again tonight, and is hiding so I haven't attempted to give her Katalax tonight. She had a runny eye before she hid, she let me briefly touch it with tissue and stroke her nose twice, and then has ignored me. She has an appointment for Fri unless she gets worse. I can't see how she is happy at the moment.
Please spay your cat

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #327 on: November 26, 2007, 08:37:50 AM »
Great that TIger has eaten and had some Katalax (even just a weeny bit) also wanting to go out.  She does seem to have a strong mind of her own.  Well done Tiger, keep it up

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #326 on: November 26, 2007, 08:11:17 AM »
I have a suspicion I dont have a lot of it in though - hope I dont have to go back to Asda, already been once this week!!
Please spay your cat

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #325 on: November 26, 2007, 08:06:48 AM »
My philosophy too, Desley - it seems to smell strongly, so don't know if that's why - although having said that, Paddy won't touch mackerel or sardines, and they're quite whiffy.....

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #324 on: November 26, 2007, 08:01:46 AM »
Me too - when I picked her up, her owner gave me her leftover food which was Asda Tiger wet and dry (but she can't tolerate cheap dry foods, they make her sick), so she is obviously used to it - would prefer her to have better quality, but at the moment, at least she is eating.
Please spay your cat

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #323 on: November 26, 2007, 07:59:39 AM »
Glad she's having something.  Paddy often responds well to the Tiger tins from Asda but will only eat it when it's first opened.  If it's been in the fridge (even after it's warmed up to room temp) or stood on the bench with clingfilm as a lid, he won't  touch it.

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #322 on: November 26, 2007, 07:43:20 AM »
WEll, I found a pouch of Asda Tiger adult in from last time she was poorly, so she is tucking in at the moment. She was sick last night though, and only took a small amount of Katalax - she was very moody last night, she wanted to go out again at 9 and wasnt happy at me refusing to let her out!!
Please spay your cat

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #321 on: November 26, 2007, 07:04:29 AM »
How's Tiger this morning Desley?

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #320 on: November 25, 2007, 09:05:22 AM »
It is. She normally takes her Katalax straight from the tube, but woudlnt last night, the little madam.
Please spay your cat

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #319 on: November 25, 2007, 08:48:30 AM »
Oh dear it is so stressful isn't it.  Hope she eats something and behaves herself today.  Tiger - Katalax is lovely!

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #318 on: November 25, 2007, 08:43:47 AM »
We didnt have a good day yesterday, she refused point blank to take her Katalax, which is a first, then Rolo tried to sniff her tail so they had a fight (I suspect she started it, as Zia growled at him this morning and he ignored her, and she is known to pick fights) and when I went to give her her last fuss last night, I realised she wasn't purring. So will have to keep an eye on that, but if she doesn't start purring again, that is a really bad sign. She hasn't eaten this morning, she preferred to go outside.
Please spay your cat

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #317 on: November 25, 2007, 07:53:16 AM »
Hi Desley

How's Tiger doing?

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #316 on: November 23, 2007, 18:47:54 PM »
It is, and I am still weighing hers up at the mo.
I was impressed, esp as she was sat on her bed on the windowsill, so had her face to me. Don't think i have been able to do anything else wiht her though, the only other time she has been near me has been when she is hungry - then she will touch you of her own accord, but only then. My friend sent a lovely parcel full of food and toys, so am going to try one with her later. I wonder with her, cos when I am sat on the other sofa with a cat on me, she will look at us lots, but if I try and sit on the same sofa as her, she doesn't like it. So i sit on the floor and look at her instead!!
Please spay your cat

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #315 on: November 23, 2007, 18:44:20 PM »
No, I agree about that.  Again, it's all about quality of life. 

Hey, well done for getting a new collar on her though!   :sneaky   I 'spect she thought it was secretly rather smart, so she let you (graciously!)   I also 'spect she really likes to have you near Desley, but some cats just would die rather than let it show.   :hug:

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #314 on: November 23, 2007, 18:40:18 PM »
Oh yes!! Was very surprised she let me put the new collar on her earlier!! If I can figure out which of the three beds she is goign to use, I can attempt the hot water bottle!!
No, she really doesn't, so pretty much going to stop trying now. Vet did mentino injections, but it isn't something I would attempt on her, and she can't go up every couple of days for them, she hates going, so the stress would be an issue. I also have issues with visits that often for a long term issue, to me you have to start looking at their quality of life then.
She was the only one not on the bed this morning, although she was in the same room for part of the time. Sadly her and Rolo had a fight this afternoon (both wanted the same bed!!).
Sorry I missed the questions about me before!! I feel that we are on borrowed time now, so just have to spend as much time as I can with her (which is hard as she doesn't like that!!), and have put off getting new fosters tomorrow.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2007, 18:41:35 PM by Desley (booktigger) »
Please spay your cat

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #313 on: November 23, 2007, 18:36:09 PM »
Hmmm.  Feisty as ever then?

She doesn't want to be messed with at all, does she?  Poor little lass.  In these situatio9ns, is good to have time with three cats on the bed!    :) :)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #312 on: November 23, 2007, 18:21:58 PM »
Sorry, have been shattered recently, so took a day off work and have only just come on the PC - have to say I am still shattered but did have a nice time with 3 cats on the bed!!

Had to speak to the vet again as she had more poo's with blood in it, and the vet said as she isn't taking the Rimadyl and not eating enough wet food to get meds into her that way, we have exhausted all the medical routes now. Sar has kindly sourced me a magnetic collar, and I am going to try a covered hot water bottle later, that does depend on where she sits though!! Have told vet about both, she isn't sure either will work, but no harm in trying. WE are giving her hte weekend to see how her tum is, but it could be related to the pain. She is still on Katalax, although getting that down her was iffy last night, she was in a temper, and was swiping at everything - she has calmed down today, but was still running round like a crazed thing last night, and when she did look nice and relaxed on the stairs, I went to stroke her, and she went to go for me!!
Please spay your cat

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #311 on: November 23, 2007, 11:21:14 AM »
Desley I've just seen this, I hope you're coping ok

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #310 on: November 23, 2007, 11:15:18 AM »
I've been wondering how she is too Desley - and you! How're you coping? :hug:

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #309 on: November 23, 2007, 07:40:01 AM »
Yes, been thinking about her.   :hug:

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #308 on: November 23, 2007, 07:37:24 AM »
How' TIger doing today Desley?

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #307 on: November 22, 2007, 08:28:04 AM »
Will keep everything crossed for you Desley.  If anyone can help her, you will.

Suspect there's a few pensioners in care homes and hospitals around the country that wish they had teeth and claws to employ from time to time....  (mind you, I reckon a goodly few of them probably manage the odd revolt from time to time, bless 'em!)

Link to CatChat