Author Topic: Roaming cat.  (Read 24520 times)

ccmacey

Re: Roaming cat.
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2007, 18:19:25 PM »
Phoned the CP, she said to phone the RSPCA but don't really know if I should??

He came round the other day,  all he wanted was a place to rest his head for a while but my cats don't like him now as he keeps going for them. Ted wont stand for it though and doesn't back down, I always have to intervine and bring them in when he comes to be fed.  :tired:

Anyway I'm getting a voucher sent out to have him neutered. But what then? Will he start to go home once he has been done or will I possibly have another cat resident?

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2007, 17:25:08 PM »
You can imagine the racket of calling queens too! In the real world who has the space to keep toms separate from each other  :innocent:

Any update CC? Thats answered as you posted just before me  :doh:
Its worth a try!

ccmacey

« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2007, 17:23:16 PM »
I could try..... hum? I will phone CP lady and ask her? Then Id have to catch him  :tired: But should be ok as he is friendly  :)

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2007, 19:37:44 PM »
and in some places he would be neutered straight away

We are supposed to keep unneutered toms for 2 weeks  for getting them done.   ;) Whoever made up that time limit obviously has not had an unentered tom in close proximity for that length of time.

The quote under my site address springs to mind. ;D
« Last Edit: June 03, 2007, 09:24:40 AM by Ela »
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2007, 19:05:26 PM »
You could try to get him into a rescue as a stray and then if she bothers finding him they can do the ownership responsibilty speech and in some places he would be neutered straight away.
Id then phone/leave a message of "i havent seen the cat for a while is he ok"  :evillaugh:

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2007, 15:29:58 PM »
I would Michelle but I would rather find out if she wants the cat and maybe then I could get him sorted. Frontline and worm him now, will this mean me having to do it for the rest of his life? I dont see why I should as he isnt mine but if she says she dosnt want him thats a different matter and I will take care of him then.

Ahh make another phone call I think.  :tired:

Its up to you CC

Just telling you what i would do !

ccmacey

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2007, 13:23:33 PM »
I would Michelle but I would rather find out if she wants the cat and maybe then I could get him sorted. Frontline and worm him now, will this mean me having to do it for the rest of his life? I dont see why I should as he isnt mine but if she says she dosnt want him thats a different matter and I will take care of him then.

Ahh make another phone call I think.  :tired:

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2007, 23:01:57 PM »
Hi CC,

Firstly i would get him neutered - no one has to know you did it !!!!
Secondly stick a frontline on his neck and a Drontal down his throat

I would carry on feeding him and just keep an eye that he is ok

Michelle xx

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2007, 19:58:19 PM »
Iseen the cat mentioned yesterday and he looks dirty and skinny to me.....i think we all know that ppl may own the cat but if they dont give the proper care then......... >:(

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2007, 17:09:23 PM »
oops should have been p m.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2007, 17:10:00 PM by Ela »

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2007, 17:07:32 PM »
p m sent  ;D

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2007, 14:42:18 PM »
It must be a tough one as you already know he has an 'owner', but it doesn't sound like they're looking after the poor babe very well  :(

I'm sure others on here will have some meaningful advice on what you can do, speaking personally I would not really have a clue where to start, particularly as the owner won't return your calls.

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

ccmacey

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2007, 14:39:05 PM »
Is napping him the only answer?

ccmacey

Roaming cat.
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2007, 14:19:26 PM »
Hi all, I was wanting a bit of advice on what to do about a roaming cat.

This cat has been visiting me for around 4 months and I have done the paper on the collar thing and yes he does have an owner. She called me back saying he is her cat.

Only now he's starting to look a bit scruffy, got battle scars on his nose and a scratch on the back of his neck, big and red enough to see through his fur. He is unneutered too. I have called her and left messages on her phone but she has never phoned me back, I dont know why?

He's coming to mine to be fed about twice a week, I only ever feed him if I spot him I never leave food out because I want him to go home. He's a friendly cat and seems not to be too bad with my cats, they are a little bit hissy with him.

And another problem my cats catch fleas off him when he comes around. What could I do?
« Last Edit: May 31, 2007, 14:26:05 PM by ccmacey »

Link to CatChat