Author Topic: Willow - Our baby has gone  (Read 33128 times)

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Willow is at the vets on fluids again.
« Reply #123 on: January 01, 2010, 16:31:13 PM »
Sorry Mark  :( she could still rally by the morning  :hug:

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #122 on: January 01, 2010, 16:17:29 PM »
Thanks everyone. Sorry I didn't answer your PM Christine (and a couple of others) I think it may be a case of trying to hide from it. I haven't even phoned my mum yet as I don't want to go through it all again. Basically, the duty vet today was based at Deal but was going to drive to the Herne Bay branch and meet me there. When I got there, she had been stuck due to the snow, so the VN said she would phone me when she arrived. I told the vet that on Tanya's CRF site, it said that most vets give 24hrs IV but it really isn't enough. 2/3 days is better. I had asked if she was willing to do this subject to Willow not suffering. When she phoned, she said that Willow's mouth is imflamed and sore looking and she was unable to give her something to line her stomach. She has put Willow on the maximum safe rate of drip for her size. They will see how she is in the morning. If there is an improvement, they will continue the drip, otherwise PTS  :( - we decided that we won't grieve until we know for sure and tried to look at today as respite. We went to Canterbury for lunch and a look around the shops. Neither of us could really eat and couldn't be bothered to walk around the shops so we came home again.

Anyway, OH says we have to accept that she is going tomorrow and if she doesn't it is a bonus. We have to go on vet's advice. I have told them that I want to be with Willow if she can't be helped.

DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Online CarolM (Wendolene)

• Royal Cat
  • Korky: June 1992 - 19/10/2009
  • Slave to: Bunty and Biggles
« Reply #121 on: January 01, 2010, 14:51:12 PM »
Like so many others I know what you're going through Mark.   :hug:  :hug:  :hug: to you, Willow and Denis

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #120 on: January 01, 2010, 14:40:02 PM »
Everything is crossed that the fluids work, especially as Willow hasn't lost her fighting spirit

Sending much love to You Mark and Dennis xx

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #119 on: January 01, 2010, 13:33:41 PM »
Thinking of you too Mark  :hug:

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #118 on: January 01, 2010, 13:06:45 PM »
This is so hard but agree with what Julie has said, thinking about you and Willow  :hug:  :hug:

I agree too, but it's such a difficult thing to accept. Hoping Willow picks up and that Mark and Dennis are coping. :hug:

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #117 on: January 01, 2010, 12:35:32 PM »
This is so hard but agree with what Julie has said, thinking about you and Willow  :hug:  :hug:

Offline Canterbury_cats (Sharon)

• Super Cat
  • Leo(Bridge babe 4/10) & Bella my darling Siamese
    • http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk
« Reply #116 on: January 01, 2010, 12:33:36 PM »
Having spoken to Mark just a while ago. Willow is at the vets on a drip.. They were hoping to do something about her mouth being so sore but they cannot get anything down her.. Maybe a few days of fluids will help.. Let us hope so..
Poor Mark is very upset but trying to remain positive.. Want know if there is any improvement until tomorrow really
Cannot save the world, but if everyone does something we can have a jolly good job trying too....

Canterbury & District Cats Protection
http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk

Please use our VetUK link on the Home Page of our website.
We want your old used inkjets & mobile phones!

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #115 on: January 01, 2010, 11:32:24 AM »
Poor little Willow, I will be really hoping she feels much better after this I do have a soft spot for her and thoughts with Mark too I can imagine what you're going through right now  :hug:  :hug:
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Kirst

• Moderating Staff
  • Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Beavis , Jerry , Gizmo , Stevie and Fredcat
« Reply #114 on: January 01, 2010, 11:11:39 AM »
Oh poor Mark , and Willow - I remember going through this with Oscar  and its so damn hard.

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #113 on: January 01, 2010, 10:51:49 AM »
 :thanks: Julie, I am praying that the further drip makes her turn a corner  :wish:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #112 on: January 01, 2010, 10:41:19 AM »
Mark also said he can't really face posting again until there's some news one way or another. I offered to pass anything on he wants posted on Purrs.  :hug: :hug:

:thanks: Julie.  I sent Mark a PM yesterday evening but please do let him know I'm thinking of him and Willow.
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline puggy1975 Zoe

• Hero Cat
  • Tyler and Ollie
« Reply #111 on: January 01, 2010, 10:36:35 AM »
Thinking about you all Mark and Willow

Keeping the vibes up

xx
Zoe, Ollie and Tyler

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
« Reply #110 on: January 01, 2010, 10:15:30 AM »
I've just had a chat with Mark on the phone. Willow is going back into the vets later this morning and being placed back on a drip to flush further toxins out. Hopefully they can get some painkillers into her now as well.  :wish:

Mark also said he can't really face posting again until there's some news one way or another. I offered to pass anything on he wants posted on Purrs.  :hug: :hug:

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #109 on: January 01, 2010, 10:13:00 AM »
Just to add my support and wait to hear from you, Mark  :hug:.
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline clarenmax

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #108 on: January 01, 2010, 10:11:00 AM »
Mark, topping up with more  :hug: :hug: this morning, I honestly feel for you so much, as I went through the same with Max in the Summer  :(

Don't feel that you have to be the strong one though, you are worried too, so I hope that Dennis gives some much deserved support back to you  :hug:

With Willow, as others have said, is there a chance she will recover fully from this episode?  No matter what the vet has said, you will know. You'll know if she still has fighting spirit and a will to get stronger again, and equally you will know if she is tired.

I didn't think I'd ever know, but you will  :hug: :hug:

I am praying that she comes round though, she's such a gorgeous girl  :Luv2: :Luv2:

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
« Reply #107 on: January 01, 2010, 10:06:14 AM »
Mark Im so sorry your going through so much like I did with Mogs yesterday. Making the decision of when enough is enough is dreadful and youre all in my thoughts today.
I hope things have improved over night and Willow is doing well
 :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
love
Tab

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #106 on: January 01, 2010, 06:59:01 AM »
Mark if she were my cat I'd ask myself if she is going to recover from this event. If I knew she wasn't then I wouldn't do anything to distress her further. I'd just try to make her as comfy as possible and watch like a hawk for any signs of suffering. But that's only something you can judge with access to vet's opinions and the evidence in front of your eyes. So the question you need to ask yourselves is do you think she will recover? If she will then forcing water in is justified, if she isn't... well, just because the technology and knowledge exists to apply intensive care to a pet, does it always mean it's the right thing to do?  :hug: :hug:

I don't feel a mouthful of water is going to make too much difference either way in these circumstances.  :hug:

Totally agree Julie, I wouldn't stress her if it wasn't going to help much.  Thinking of you Mark and give Willow a hug from me please  :hug:

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #105 on: January 01, 2010, 01:20:17 AM »
Mark if she were my cat I'd ask myself if she is going to recover from this event. If I knew she wasn't then I wouldn't do anything to distress her further. I'd just try to make her as comfy as possible and watch like a hawk for any signs of suffering. But that's only something you can judge with access to vet's opinions and the evidence in front of your eyes. So the question you need to ask yourselves is do you think she will recover? If she will then forcing water in is justified, if she isn't... well, just because the technology and knowledge exists to apply intensive care to a pet, does it always mean it's the right thing to do?  :hug: :hug:

I don't feel a mouthful of water is going to make too much difference either way in these circumstances.  :hug:

I'm off to bed now but around tomorrow.  ;) :hug:

Offline **TINA**

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: All of my 7 furkids :o)
« Reply #104 on: January 01, 2010, 00:55:48 AM »
Just noticed this & reading it i feel your pain  :'( :'( :'(

Willow will know she is loved so so so much  :hug: :hug:

For willow x x x x x

Cats ... Pod, Rolo, Flora, Peaches & Ziggy
and
English Bull Terriers...  Lola & Tom

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #103 on: January 01, 2010, 00:46:11 AM »
She has thrown up some foam and seems to be trying to find cool places (Hyper-T?). I'm in 2 minds about giving her more water or some watery A/D before bed. It's so confusing knowing when/where to draw the line. She is still quite fesity - I was syringing water into her mouth earlier while holding her in the air by her scruff- she was pushing me away but not in an agressive or fearful way but in a "no dad" way - I really wanted to cry then but just had to get on with it  :( - I know it is a case of "cruel to be kind" - OH said he is sure she knows I love her and wouldn't hurt her.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2010, 00:58:01 AM by Mark »

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #102 on: December 31, 2009, 23:57:03 PM »
Mark, you know my number if you want to talk.  :hug: Thinking of you, mate.  :hug: :hug:

Thanks Julie - I may well take you up on that - I am trying to be the tough one while OH is breaking down.

You don't need to be tough at times like this. Crying is allowed! Just hold it together enough to apply the meds and make sure Willow is comfy.  :hug:

Ring the landline as the mobile signal cuts out when I am in the house. We're in all day tomorrow apart from a brief time mid morning. :hug: :hug:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #101 on: December 31, 2009, 23:52:26 PM »
Mark, you know my number if you want to talk.  :hug: Thinking of you, mate.  :hug: :hug:

Thanks Julie - I may well take you up on that - I am trying to be the tough one while OH is breaking down.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #100 on: December 31, 2009, 23:48:15 PM »
Thanks Pav, The Laurabolin was supposed to stimulate her appetite. The thing is, I think she is hungry but also nauseous and she also has a sore mouth. I have also been looking at Tanya's CRF site and they don't recommend Saline fluids that my vet gave me. I will ask but today he made it more than clear that he has given all he can and there are no alternatives.

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #99 on: December 31, 2009, 23:10:10 PM »
Thinking of you and Willow. :hug:
Mark, i think i mentioned this in a different post but when Phoebe stoped eating my vet priscribed Periactin tabs, its stimulate appetite.
It did help her to get her appetite back but my problem was geting her to take the tab so she could eat and take her other meds :( Sorry dont know if i make sense.
I dont know if you want to ask your vet about Periactin and see if it helps Willow. :hug:

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #98 on: December 31, 2009, 22:21:53 PM »

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
  • my missing babe Wizzy and beloved Snuggs & George
  • Slave to: Scamps/henry/cassie/mika/barney rubble /eddie//cookie monster/billybob/cheeks/jack/misty/Flirty bertie/alfie/polly pipsqueak and Kali
« Reply #97 on: December 31, 2009, 22:18:19 PM »
Im sorry to hear Willow isnt do to well Mark and my thoughts are with you both :hug: :hug:
When a kittie becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure

Online Yvonne

• Super Cat
  • Cleo
  • Slave to: Trevor, Clare, Spotty, Homer, Parrot, Cody, strays, Ginger Snaps and Jacob Black.
« Reply #96 on: December 31, 2009, 22:11:46 PM »
Just caught up with this - sending positive vibes to you and Willow on this beautiful New Years eve
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner? 
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Ann Clarke (Tabby cat)

• Super Cat
  • Dylan 1999 (approx) - 26/12/09. Love you forever.
    • Gateshead CP
  • Slave to: Hobbes and Luna
« Reply #95 on: December 31, 2009, 21:47:45 PM »
Thinking of you and Willow Mark  :hug:

Offline ChrisB

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
  • Gizmo, Bubbles, Cleo, Daisy and Ellie
« Reply #94 on: December 31, 2009, 21:44:28 PM »
Thinking of you Mark  :hug:
Unconditional love is hard to find unless you have a cat

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #93 on: December 31, 2009, 21:07:57 PM »
I hope Willow picks up soon, Mark. :hug:

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #92 on: December 31, 2009, 20:53:38 PM »
Sorry she's not doing so well Mark  :hug:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #91 on: December 31, 2009, 20:09:55 PM »
I just tried the syringed A/D & Water resulting in willow moving as I squirted and the roman blind now looking like H block  :tired:

The trouble is, Her mouth is really gummy and full of horrible stuff. I went to get a syringe of water but she has hidden. There is plenty of fight left in her but if she doesn't improve by tomorrow...........

I'm sure she wanted to eat the sheba as she kept snuffling over it but didn't eat any.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2009, 21:47:22 PM by Mark »

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #90 on: December 31, 2009, 19:29:56 PM »
Hoping the sheba game was liked or some a/d, mixing warm water in it can make it more appealing (and stinky  :sick: ) easier to syringe also if a little water added

Offline clarenmax

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #89 on: December 31, 2009, 19:07:25 PM »
Hope the Sheba has tempted her to eat something tonight  :hug:

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
« Reply #88 on: December 31, 2009, 19:01:13 PM »
Thinking of you and Dennis and hoping that Willow starts to improve xxx
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner?  :wow:
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #87 on: December 31, 2009, 18:02:15 PM »
Do hope that Willow has enjoyed some Sheba  :hug:

Offline Mojo

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #86 on: December 31, 2009, 17:27:27 PM »
sending you some supportive hugs Mark xx

Add Glitter to Pictures

R.I.P My beautiful Mango xx 13/05/2006 - 01/11/2009

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #85 on: December 31, 2009, 17:25:58 PM »
Finger's crossed she gets some Sheba down!  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #84 on: December 31, 2009, 13:25:49 PM »
The vet gave her subQs and B12 + Laurabolin - it was too early to do it again really but he said we really are in last chance saloon. Her mouth is sore but he can't risk giving her any pain meds. He said we need to think long and hard and bear in mind that there is emergency vet cover tomorrow if we need it. He said IV fluids was gold standard but I phoned OH who said she was so upset the last time . He also gave me lectade but said chances are she won't drink it and I mustn't force it on her but it was just another straw to clutch at. I also bought a kitten bottle as Willow had been sucking the syringe. The vet didn't have any a/d or liquivite. OH went to the vet next door who had a/d but not liquivite. They said to syringe feed if she won't eat herself. Anyway, need to get to sainsburys so excuse typos etc. there is a chance she will eat sheba game flavour if anything.

Link to CatChat