Author Topic: Breeding my cat  (Read 54830 times)

Offline CC & The Pussycat Guys & Dolls

• Royal Cat
  • Ollie Bonga
Re: Breeding my cat
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2009, 10:37:13 AM »
Jo it is not your place to tell anyone not to post. I would say it has more to do with the topic than the poster, and its a sure way to get people riled every time  :shy:
Just because your out of sight, does not mean your out of mind <3

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2009, 10:30:59 AM »
another warm welcome for a newbie I see - guys, if you can't say something nice, constructive and positive to newbies can I suggest you don't post at all ...

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2009, 09:50:56 AM »
I was going to post but would probably get banned from Purrs so will keep quiet apart from *** FFS ***
Likewise  :tired:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

• Royal Cat
  • Ollie Bonga
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2009, 09:16:58 AM »
What about homes for the many other kittens? You cant breed to an extent and keep them all safe  :-: So I take it your not selling them then, if they are going to family?

I hope this is a wind up  :tired:

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2009, 09:11:59 AM »
I was going to post but would probably get banned from Purrs so will keep quiet apart from *** FFS ***
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner?  :wow:
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2009, 08:10:40 AM »
Dar, do you actually have breeding rights for this cat? If not, you will be in breach of your contract.
Please spay your cat

Offline Dar

• Adult Cat
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2009, 18:57:53 PM »
thanks for all the replies! First of all I would like to mention that I have proper homes set up already  for up to 7 kittens, 5 with family members and 2 with close friends so I know that the kittens will have good homes and yes if for any reason any of the kittens need to be returned I am willing to take care of them and pay the medical bills. I also took my cat o the vet to see if he thought it was safe for her to breed she is completely healthy just small so i was worried that she might have trouble giving birth, but the vet gave me the ok to go ahead. She was bred yesterday so hopfully I have some babies on the way.

Offline moira

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Oscar, Frankie, Timmy, Sophie, Dudley, Kofi, Maurice, Max, Barney, Sammy, Flynn, Molly, Nulla, Winnie, Patch, Sooty
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2009, 10:07:59 AM »
 I am sure you are a nice person but please give careful consideration before you add to the cat population at this time. So many cats are dying every day or languish for months or even years in a pen waiting for a home, even pedigrees. Rescues are overwhelmed and often have no choice but to pts difficult to home cats such as the old, handicapped or FIV+.

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2009, 09:27:08 AM »
Hi Dar, welcome to the forum. Breeding is not a high priority here as the forum is devoted to cat rescue. That is not to say that there are not people who are members of the forum who breed. There are a few of them. The main reason you will receive a negative response to the idea is that many members see the end result of bad ownership. Many breeds of animal, siamese cats included are adopted by people who do not do the proper research into the characterisitics of the breed and their requirements. So an illinformed siamese purchaser might not realise just how penetrating a siamese voice can be at 3 in the morning or how annoying (to them) the cat's behaviour might become. So they dump it or put it on the free ads and our membership ends up with the cat after it has been through several cycles of hell. Since our primary concern is the wellbeing of the cat, not the owner, we tend to discourage people from breeding their animal since once the animal has left their control they are unable to guarantee it will live a long happy and healthy life. So better not to breed in the first place. Similarly the actual breeding process carries risks as does any pregnancy so the cat who is being used for this purpose is also being placed unnecessarily at risk as a result of the owner's decision.

I strongly recommend you engage in a level of self-examination that includes consideration of the fitness of your queen to breed (does she carry any latent abnormalities or disorders that might be passed to possible kittens?), her state of health. What your motives are for breeding her, whether you are going to be willing to take back any of her offspring that do not fit into their new home or whose owners later find they are unable to keep them, and matters of that sort. Also talk to the breed societies and to your vet.

Good luck with your decision-making process and please let us know what you decide!!

• Royal Cat
  • Ollie Bonga
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2009, 08:50:26 AM »
 :Crazy: Im saying nothing  :tired:

Offline Hippykitty

• Super Cat
  • Victoria, Lucy, Cydric,
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2009, 07:13:17 AM »
Sorry, you won't find this helpful: there are many pedigree cats in rescues desperately needing homes; I would urge you not to add to their numbers. Have your cat spayed, it'll be better for her health.
Cats were once gods; they have never forgotten this, nor have the people they own.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2009, 20:46:21 PM »
If theres anything abnormal and not up to the breed requirements id say no

Offline Dar

• Adult Cat
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2009, 02:55:39 AM »
ok Thanks have a good one

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2009, 01:29:40 AM »
 :welcome: to Purrs  ;D

I am sorry Dar, people on this site are not breeders and many work in rescue of the many cats that need homes. So I am afraid that we cannot give you advice on the breeding of your cat and can only suggest that you speak to the breeder that you bought her from or someone from the governing body for siamese.

Good luck  :hug:

Offline Dar

• Adult Cat
Breeding my cat
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2009, 01:22:32 AM »
Hello everyone my name is Darlene I am new to the forums. I would like to get a few other opinions on breeding my cat. I have a 2 years old CFA registered lilac point Siamese cat that I bought planning on breeding her, however she has grown up to smaller then the average Siamese do you think it is still safe to breed her?

Link to CatChat