Author Topic: RIP baby Max: PLEASE READ UPDATE THREAD  (Read 72665 times)

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
  • SwampMax happy on their sunny French balcon 05!
It must be partly a security issue, yes, Yesterday afternoon I didn't feel well so lay down for a couple of hours with him next to me, happy as anything. Then last night he either lay in the bed with me or next to me on the futon and again not much howling.  It could be also that his toxin levels go up and down as he does get fluids at night. But he is eating well for the moment which is a good sign.

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
Yowling can be a sign of high blood pressure or hyper-t. I used to have a magnetic collar for Tiger, but a friend bought it off the net for me, so I dont know where she got it from.
Please spay your cat

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Ginny B.Winston, Fifi, Smartie ,Bungly,Sophie,RIP
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
Just wanted to let you know i have been looking for the magnotherapy cat collar -but not found it as yet - i haven''t forgotten though .
Mega healing vibes for both boys and lots of  :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Franta yells too......well does his birman howls ands woke me up around 0630 and gave him some food and he stopped. so reckon he was hungry.

Hope Max is not getting dementia cos they howl all the time nearly then  :hug: :hug:

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
Not sure about the yelling hun, does he do that more when you're not in the room?

My Max is not doing that, but is much more settled when I'm there, will eat better etc, maybe its a security issue with him, he wonders where you are?  Not sure  :hug:

Topping up with lots of healing and love vibes for Mr Max and Swampy  :hug: xx

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
Max is eating well, purring, playing and moving about normally - even in the sun on the window ledge in the kitchen which he's not done for ages. But he is yelling such a lot. He yelled from 4am constantly and only stopped while I was cuddling him. He has an awful voice and it's loud.  I don't know if he is upset or if it is the toxins from his kidneys.  I have them both unwell at once right now, which is difficult. Please send them both vibes and prayers if and when you can, thanks

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
  • my missing babe Wizzy and beloved Snuggs & George
  • Slave to: Scamps/henry/cassie/mika/barney rubble /eddie//cookie monster/billybob/cheeks/jack/misty/Flirty bertie/alfie/polly pipsqueak and Kali
Hi Kate just wondered how the boys were doing today, hope they are okay and your coping, :hug: :hug:
When a kittie becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
Not sure re the bloods to be honest hun, it may give indications on kidney function etc, but it still won't make any difference to how Max actually is, if you see what I mean.  Saying that though, it might show how medications are continuing to work (or not work), which may give a better overall indication?

Its such a minefield, I wish I could give you some answers  :hug: :hug: xxx

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
I dont know about the bloods Kate?  :-:

But while he is eating and happy in himself I am happy for you all!  :Luv: :hug: :hug:

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
thanks  :hug:  I'm still wondering if I should have his bloods (full ones) run while he is eating like this so we know just what he can tolerate, or if there's no point.  He is eating again (touch wood!) and quite happy in himself. Even sat on the windowsill in the sun yesterday which he's not done for a couple of years. But he is quite vocal with no real point sometimes.

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Scamps/henry/cassie/mika/barney rubble /eddie//cookie monster/billybob/cheeks/jack/misty/Flirty bertie/alfie/polly pipsqueak and Kali
Sending lots of positive vibes from me and my gang, hang on in there Kate :hug: :hug:

Offline CarolM (Wendolene)

• Royal Cat
  • Korky: June 1992 - 19/10/2009
  • Slave to: Bunty and Biggles
Sending lots of positive vibes for Max and  :hug:  :hug: for you. 

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
he ate again in the night and a bit this morning, but is still very vocal and a bit anxious and is now peeing every 3 hours or so and quite a bit. I know he is getting fluids and it's not as hot, but how much is that and how much is kidneys I'm not sure. The vet agreed that it may be pointless to keep doing bloods, that we will judge Max on how he is. I'm in 2 minds about that too.

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
Sending lots of vibes to you all~~~~~~Hope things pick up!  :Luv: :hug: :hug:

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
 Sending lots of positive vibes and love for Max. :hug: :hug:

Offline CC & The Pussycat Guys & Dolls

• Royal Cat
  • Ollie Bonga
 :hug:
Just because your out of sight, does not mean your out of mind <3

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Lots of love to Max  :hug:

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
Please send vibes and prayers for Max again. He has been yelling a lot the last 2 days and today got food phobic as well. Tonight I was on my own and nervy from it all, so stressed him even more giving his fluids badly. I then left him alone - had to go downstairs to my neighbour's flat for an hour - and he did eat a bit.  I don't know if he is freaked or if it's his toxins and kidneys again. I am so scared. Things had been going so well. It's a month now since he left hospital. The vet had only given him a week or two at most, but the fluids have helped so much. But I know they won't help forever.

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
Aw bless, I know when I have been sore wherever I dont want peeps near me so sadly thats probably why he is keeping Swampy at a distance!

Glad that he has been under the duvet though....he knows that you will be gentle with him! Thinking of you all and wishing you all well!  :Luv: :hug: :hug:

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
 thanks very much. His limp is still constant so he will need some help other than cosequin. He´s eaten well but he has been vocalising a lot more and is still ignoring Swampy, which is a worry. But he came under the duvet (allowed now since he was so ill) for a good cuddle this morning.

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
My MIL used a magnetic collar on her dog and he used to drink magnitised water, these magnets were not cheap approx £30 for the one to do the water with but she felt they helped him!  ;)

Glad Max is doing well!  :Luv: :hug:

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Ginny B.Winston, Fifi, Smartie ,Bungly,Sophie,RIP
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
I have heard some good things about them - i had a magnotherapy bracelet and it seemed to work - you need a bioflow one though not a cheap one .
I did buy a cat collar  myself for one of my cats - they don''t wear it though as it makes their fur knotty .
If i can find it you are welcome to it - its plain black - i have probably put it in a safe place -which is usually so safe i can''t find it for about a year , when i suddenly come across it -but will look for you.

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
The vet came to see Swampy but had a look at Max too and is quite pleased with him. Max played when he was here which was great. But he's suggested a magnetic collar for his limp as has heard it can help with arthritis - does anyone know anything about those or which to get?

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
....and how are you all doing today? Everything okay I hope!  :Luv: :hug: :hug:

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
Hi Kate just wondered how Max and Swampy are doing today, :hug: :hug:

Offline Ralph's mum (angie)

• Super Cat
  • Rainbow Bridge Babies Bob, Max and Ralph 🌈💔
  • Slave to: Harvey and Ruby the mutts!!
Hugs for you and Max today  :hug: :hug:
Cats don't come when they are called,
They take a message and get back to you later.
                           Wilfred P. Lampton

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
I got about 4 hours in batches last night which counts as a very good one around here  :Crazy:

Max took off in mid fluids last night which he's not done before. The needle flew out and fluids went all over me. However I then managed to hold him still and gave the fluids (while biting his head and pushing the syringe with my other hand lol). I hope he's not quite so feisty tonight or may have to see if my neighbour's in! She's great with animals but is moving out in a few weeks and none of the others in the building would help at all.
Yes he's eating today, just applaws though so that's what he's getting. I started the SEB on a low dose overnight and he had a lovely loud howl and poo at 2am (I had to get up to check he wasn't blocked). I do wish they'd poo at a civilised hour  ;)

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
Dont know how you are managing Kate, its not nice going around in a zombiefied state I can vouch for that!  :hug:

Hoping that the info you got from Mark has put your mind at rest.... ;)

Hoping that Max is still eating okay too!  :Luv: :hug: :hug:

• Super Cat
Hugs for you and Max hope you are both well :hug: :hug:
                           Wilfred P. Lampton

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
 :thanks: good idea, I did that.

see you are keeping my hours too Bazsmum. I can hardly stand up this morning. I think I got 3 hours sleep over 2 nights  :Crazy:

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
he's eaten better since 3am today, no idea why. Possibly the lactulose upset him again.  Still not sure how much SEB to give or if that whole capsule could even be put down his throat. I don't want to put anything in his food in case he stops eating.

Maybe start a new thread asking about the SEB Kate...that way you should get your answer sooner! Glad he has started to eat again!  :Luv: :hug:

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
he's eaten better since 3am today, no idea why. Possibly the lactulose upset him again.  Still not sure how much SEB to give or if that whole capsule could even be put down his throat. I don't want to put anything in his food in case he stops eating.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Lots of love to Max  :hug:

• Super Cat
 :hug: :hug: Hope Max is feeling better today and hope you are well  :hug:
                           Wilfred P. Lampton

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
Hope Max is feeling a bit better this morning ,sending lots of those positive vibes for him and  :hug: for you :hug:

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
I have no answer to your question Kate, just letting you know that I am thinking of you all and sending more positive vibes!  :Luv: :hug: :hug:

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
no he's only purring when fussed over but his appetite is way off. He's eaten but only a tiny bit. I bought him SEB from H&B. The capsules are 370g. I read Tanya's CRF site and it suggests a whole one if I've read it right. Would that be right or is that too much to give? Is it best given with food (attempted food) or does anytime work if it's going to? thanks.

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Kate, I'm sorry if this sounds negative but cats will purr to try and reassure themselves which could be what Max is doing. I hope he improves.

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
Max suddenly got worse last night and isn't really eating much at all, just a nibble. He ate well during the day but is subdued and clearly not feeling well. I gave him pepcid and then let him eat some green plant but I'm so worried. OH goes away from tues - thurs night this week too.

Please send vibes and prayers for Max that it's a blip and not his kidneys going again. I upped his sub cut fluids this morning to 100mls but that didn't help either really. He is quite affectionate and purry but won't eat much at all.

• Super Cat
Thinking of You and Max hope you have a good weekend  :hug:
                           Wilfred P. Lampton

Link to CatChat