Author Topic: Franta going for tests and op - vet visit  (Read 46107 times)

Offline ems

• Super Cat
  • My two gorgeous girls, Nina (white) and Kiki
Re: Franta going for tests and op
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2008, 12:46:19 PM »
Sending lots of love and get well soon vibes for the lovely Franta.  :hug:

It is impossible not to worry but try to stay positive  :hug:

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2008, 12:40:57 PM »
I hope the procedure goes smoothly and Franta's recovery is speedy.  There's no point telling you to try not to worry, but I will anyway  :hug:
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
  • SwampMax happy on their sunny French balcon 05!
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2008, 12:30:39 PM »
I don't think you are stressed out of all proportion, I would be off my head too, but I just hope that all will go really well. Presumably they are only doing tests that have to be done? Hopefully it's a really good sign that Franta's been much better for 2 weeks and he will sail through it all and his mouth will be much better very soon too and the household back to normal. It's just so stressful being a doting mum so just send you big hugs  :hug: positive vibes coming from us all for his quick recovery and for you too. My Max is just like Franta's bro in that when I get upset and stressed he hides and gets upset, but ultimately he's ok, as Franta's bro will be too - impossible to hide how you are feeling! x

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2008, 12:30:07 PM »
Hope all goes well for Franta - try not to worry too much (stupid thing to say I know really).  :hug:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Franta going for tests and op - vet visit
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2008, 12:14:06 PM »
Franta is off to the vets tonight ready for an op on his mouth and full tests tomorrow.

He is a 15yr old birman and I am I think worried out of all proportion.  He is back to his normal self now after the traumas of the last two weeks and it seems so sad to upset and stress him out by taking him to the vets.

The nice lady vet says one of his kidneys is so small that she can hardly feel it but he is not showing any symptoms of kidney probs. We know he has a mouth problem and am hoping that he may eat a bit better when he recovers but think its the battery of tests that worries me the most  and that my Kocka ended up with kidney probs after a GA and she was a bit younger and a moggy.

Birmans are not known for their great length of life so 15 is very old for them, although occasional ones live to 20.

I am so stressed its been picked up by Frantas bro who sleeps with me and he has been wiling and meowing at me cos he didnt want me to get up........most unusual cos he usually cant wait to get all the bed and pillow.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2008, 14:42:22 PM by Gill (sneakiefeline) »

Link to CatChat