Author Topic: Send lot's of luck to Simba please xx RIP Simba  (Read 18864 times)

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
Re: Send lot's of luck to Simba please xx
« Reply #93 on: May 09, 2008, 16:44:15 PM »
I'm so sorry  :hug: :hug:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #92 on: May 09, 2008, 16:25:09 PM »
So sorry Caroline - Poor boy and poor you  :'(  :hug:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #91 on: May 09, 2008, 16:14:15 PM »
I'm so sorry Caroline.

RIP Sweet Simba play hard at the bridge, no more pain or illness, just happiness until your mum comes to meet you xxx

Offline Sabrina (Auferstehen)

• Super Cat
    • Bywater Paws
« Reply #90 on: May 09, 2008, 16:07:07 PM »
Sweetheart I'm so very sorry.

:hug:

Offline Felix (Caroline)

• Hero Cat
  • Simba
« Reply #89 on: May 09, 2008, 15:50:14 PM »
Not  good news am afraid he has fip, and its really high (dry) he is just getting worse and even having treatment is not going to do anything so the vet said,I now he is right, I can sence it. Hubby has just took him to be pts, just can't bring myself to go have broken down so bad. I was there with Felix and that was to hard to cope with. Have said good bye to him and showed him the pict of felix so he can meet up with him. Sorry I just can't write any more, can't even see the keyboard prop xx
Caroline xx

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #88 on: May 09, 2008, 10:10:56 AM »
Good Luck for the test results today.....BIG  :hug: to you and Simba...hope he starts feeling better soon!  :hug: :hug:

Offline Felix (Caroline)

• Hero Cat
  • Simba
« Reply #87 on: May 09, 2008, 09:56:00 AM »
 :thanks: Maddiesmum xx
Caroline xx

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #86 on: May 09, 2008, 09:53:46 AM »
Vets can be strange I think.  I would have trusted my old vet implicitly until three months before I had to have Dragan put to sleep.  He let Dragan down big time and I luckily I changed vets and Dragan had three months of a much better life than he had for the previous three years under my old vet.  Looking back I wish I had asked for a second opinion earlier but I trusted him.

Offline Felix (Caroline)

• Hero Cat
  • Simba
« Reply #85 on: May 09, 2008, 09:51:44 AM »
 :thanks: still waiting it will prop be around dinner (lunch) time that we find out, will ask the vet about the test because I have also read that you can't find a true result till after they have passed away.I just don't know now what to think about the vet,he was so helpful with Felix, I really thought he was trust worthy xxx
Caroline xx

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #84 on: May 08, 2008, 21:07:06 PM »
I may be wrong but I didnt think there was a reliable test for FIP and I do agree that the vet is feeling guilty about something, maybe something that he did not do earlier enough.

I remember about the tuna now you mention it and think AD diet is worth a try, you could get one tin from the vet and see if Simba will eat it. Its made specially tasty for convalescing cats.

I am afraid I also second the new vet opinion too and they can have all Simbas history faxed over from your current vet.

I am pleased he is drinking the cat milk cos its better than nothing but he desperately needs to eat and I would have expected them to start giving him food via IV.

My bestest wishes to you and Simba and hope that he will be OK  :hug:

Offline Felix (Caroline)

• Hero Cat
  • Simba
« Reply #83 on: May 08, 2008, 20:56:31 PM »
 :thanks: Swampmaxmum
I know! don't know why! He is still the same Milly's mum  :Luv: xx
Caroline xx

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #82 on: May 08, 2008, 20:37:11 PM »
Raised white cells can be a marker of any kind of infection too, not just cancer, and is probably why the vet gave him antibiotics.
Yep, why its stranger still he never had a stool sample tested when all this first kicked off.

Has he perked up yet caroline?  :hug:

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
  • SwampMax happy on their sunny French balcon 05!
« Reply #81 on: May 08, 2008, 20:30:37 PM »
Raised white cells can be a marker of any kind of infection too, not just cancer, and is probably why the vet gave him antibiotics. If it's convenia injection it can take a few days to work I think. I hope the appetite one works. I'm thinking of you and Simba, send big  :hug:

Offline Felix (Caroline)

• Hero Cat
  • Simba
« Reply #80 on: May 08, 2008, 20:10:41 PM »
We payed the £80 we owed but todays visited he only charged us about £4,The vet does no that we haven't got much money, and its has cost us a fortune since we have had him. I do know what you are saying though it does make you think xxx
Caroline xx

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
« Reply #79 on: May 08, 2008, 19:01:55 PM »
Hi Caroline, Im so sorry that you and Simba are having to got through all this - you know where I am if you need a chat Hun xxx

In my experience if a vet is only charging £4 for a lot of expensive tests it says to me that they are feeling guilty about something!
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner?  :wow:
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Felix (Caroline)

• Hero Cat
  • Simba
« Reply #78 on: May 08, 2008, 17:09:31 PM »
Found it
It was the 9th oct last year and the white cells were raised,but they never checked for cancer or anything else then. :(
Caroline xx

Offline Felix (Caroline)

• Hero Cat
  • Simba
« Reply #77 on: May 08, 2008, 16:57:24 PM »
He did have bloods taken once before with his ibd and he had more white blood cells then,but his kidneys and liver were fine at the time,think that was about 6to 8 months ago, should be on purrs somewhere xx
Caroline xx

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #76 on: May 08, 2008, 16:52:38 PM »
I hope the jabs perk him up  :hug:

Hopefully his fcov titre will be ok, not heard of that causing enlarged kidneys.
Has he had basic bloods done before the external ones were done? Because if it was lymphoma i think it would affect his white blood cell levels. Im sure thats the only thing that showed up on ^taffys^ bloods when he had lymphoma.

Offline Felix (Caroline)

• Hero Cat
  • Simba
« Reply #75 on: May 08, 2008, 16:42:15 PM »
 :thanks: Bazmum+ :thanks: Mark xxx
Caroline xx

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #74 on: May 08, 2008, 16:38:54 PM »
Fingers crossed it's not as bad as you think. I'm sure the jab will help.
Clapton was eating nothing when he had his - it kick started him and he hasn't stopped eating since  :hug:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #73 on: May 08, 2008, 16:35:57 PM »
 :hug: :hug: :hug: to the both of you! Hope the jab help's with Simba's appetite!  ;)

Offline Felix (Caroline)

• Hero Cat
  • Simba
« Reply #72 on: May 08, 2008, 16:26:38 PM »
 :thanks: Dawn
Wish it was just a bad dream and that I have just woken up and everything is all right xx
Caroline xx

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #71 on: May 08, 2008, 16:24:48 PM »
good news about fiv and felv - not sure how fip tests work??  I hope they can give you guidence on the best thing to do :hug:

Offline Felix (Caroline)

• Hero Cat
  • Simba
« Reply #70 on: May 08, 2008, 16:21:42 PM »
Just come back from the vets the felv+fiv were negative, but still waitng for the results for fip which should be in sometime tomorrow,if thats negative more blood test plus taking a sample from his kidneys to see if its lyphona (spelt wrong) if it is and his kidneys are both not working enough he said they's nothing else they can do apart from a transplant. Because his both kidneys are so enlarged but I told him that days ago.He was given two injections one to help him want to eat and a antibiotic one to make him feel better,(again) he only charged us about £4 for everything today.xxx
Caroline xx

Offline Felix (Caroline)

• Hero Cat
  • Simba
« Reply #69 on: May 08, 2008, 12:49:06 PM »
Have rang again our vet is gonna ring back at 1.30pm so gonna tell him that he is not eating at all now and if he needs to be put on a drip. Yes he is pedigree, the the breeder turned out to be no good, didn't want to know about anything in the past so I know she won't be bothered. It is prop her fault that Simba is suffering now.xx
Caroline xx

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #68 on: May 08, 2008, 12:45:22 PM »
JS, simbas "breeder" fed him only on tuna, i remember caroline struggling to get him to eat a proper diet, so the other kittens are likely to have problems too  :(

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #67 on: May 08, 2008, 12:18:22 PM »
Poor Simba - he's having it rough. He's a pedigree, isn't he? I was just wondering if you'd been in touch with his breeder to see if any of their other kittens had any similiar health problems. (Sorry if you've already tried that avenue and I missed the post.)

I know how frustating it is to wait when you're really worried - I hope you're OK.

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
« Reply #66 on: May 08, 2008, 12:01:06 PM »
I understand about the results Caroline but maybe a trip to another vets for a 2nd opininion to try and get him through today, he sounds so poorly and with not eating he will deteriorate really quickly and then even if the test results are okay it could be too late to help him - sorry to sound dramatic but I really think it is getting to a crucial stage.  As MM says he may benefit from some IV fluids. 

Take care Hun xxx
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!

Offline Felix (Caroline)

• Hero Cat
  • Simba
« Reply #65 on: May 08, 2008, 11:52:52 AM »
Will ring again if he won't eat any egg  :thanks:
Caroline xx

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #64 on: May 08, 2008, 11:50:15 AM »
Seriously they cant ignore him until his results are back, he doesnt sound well at all and may well benefit from being kept in on IV fluids.

I had to call it with George before his results were back(toughest decision iv had to make) and my vet supported me throughout, his results came back the next day but we couldnt have left him a day longer.

Good luck

Offline Felix (Caroline)

• Hero Cat
  • Simba
« Reply #63 on: May 08, 2008, 11:41:54 AM »
He won't eat pilchards, salmon, ham, chicken, cat food I have, just wants to drink the cat milk!  any more food ideas will try some egg next I think  :(
Caroline xx

Offline Felix (Caroline)

• Hero Cat
  • Simba
« Reply #62 on: May 08, 2008, 10:52:16 AM »
 :thanks: very much Jackspratt will deffo give him a hug from you, the vet we have is usually really good,he  helped us out with Felix when he was really bad and its some of the others there I have found not so good. If we change vets at this moment, that would mean we'd have to wait another week or so for the results and they wouldn't have all Simba's passed history,so it would prop delay everything, but thanks for all your advice,  :Luv: Caroline x
Caroline xx

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #61 on: May 08, 2008, 10:43:16 AM »
Rang the vets about the test results and they are still not in >:( so I have to change the appointment till Fri afternoon now. :( will still ring up in the morning to c if they have come in, the vet even said the other day he was gonna see if he could rush them through a day earlier. (makes you think weather they are telling the truth) so fed up of waiting xxx

Seriously, change vets! How many times have they put you off now?

I hate it when vets mess you around. At the practice I use there's three vets who are really informative and upfront and then there's a Polish woman who speaks broken English. If you get her you can usually pick up one word in ten - not useful during a pet consultation. She was the one I saw last time and I ended up not understanding how long blood was viable for tests, so didn't organise a second test in time. LJ now has to go and have more blood drawn. >:( I'm going to insist I don't see her if she's on the next time I go.

I really hope Simba is OK today. Please give him a fuss from me if he feels up to it.

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
« Reply #60 on: May 08, 2008, 10:41:40 AM »
I really cant believe the way your vets are treating you, please try to find another vet Caroline and get a second opinion for Simba.  Take care Hun xxx

Huggles for Simba xxx
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #59 on: May 08, 2008, 10:10:00 AM »
Oh I'm sorry to hear you have to wait even longer.  Hope when the results are finally in they are ok.

Offline Felix (Caroline)

• Hero Cat
  • Simba
« Reply #58 on: May 08, 2008, 10:04:11 AM »
Rang the vets about the test results and they are still not in >:( so I have to change the appointment till Fri afternoon now. :( will still ring up in the morning to c if they have come in, the vet even said the other day he was gonna see if he could rush them through a day earlier. (makes you think weather they are telling the truth) so fed up of waiting xxx
Caroline xx

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #57 on: May 08, 2008, 08:16:30 AM »
If he is not eating, he needs to see the vet regardless of the test results, and I would also try and pick up some Hills A/D from them, it is a convalescing food that very few cats turn down.
Please spay your cat

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #56 on: May 07, 2008, 22:23:44 PM »
I would let him eat anything he wants, cos it sounds like he is hungry....just small quanties often.

I hope tomorrow will not be sad and that Simba starts to rally  :hug: :hug:

Offline Felix (Caroline)

• Hero Cat
  • Simba
« Reply #55 on: May 07, 2008, 21:38:32 PM »
 :thanks: Helen will do xxx
Caroline xx

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat