Author Topic: Wishes for Rosie please  (Read 54674 times)

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
Re: Wishes for Rosie please
« Reply #239 on: June 05, 2008, 07:41:02 AM »
I hope this is just a hiccup Desley, but am sending lots of healing vibes for Rosie, bless her.   :hug:

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #238 on: June 05, 2008, 07:39:22 AM »
Please can you send vibes for Rosie - she has just brought up all her breakfast (although she was nice to me and got it in the bowl and on the newspaper), I am going to watch her for the next week, but I have said from the start that once she starts vomiting from the CRF, I will let her go.
Please spay your cat

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #237 on: June 01, 2008, 17:10:40 PM »
It does - I am swaying towards keeping her on 2 a day after her 4-6 weeks.

WEll, it isn't so much that a new foster will upset her, more that she wont be able to go in the room as much. I don't really want to take on another foster till Moses or Rolo is rehomed anyway.
Please spay your cat

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #236 on: June 01, 2008, 17:03:25 PM »
Ah sounds like the seraquin is starting to kick in! Hopefully she will crouch down properly in a while and the overshotting probs will be solved!  ;)

I can definitely see Rosie being upset by a new foster....Hopefully a new foster will not be of the challenging type and not bother her!  :wish:

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #235 on: June 01, 2008, 16:57:22 PM »
I bought a feather on a stick for Rosie - she hates it, but fortunately Rolo and Moses love it.

I might try that tomorrow (they have chicken for their tea again tonight), but it is two different consistencies, so she might not go for that idea. and might even realise what I am doing!! She has had a week of Seraquin though, and is crouching more to wee (she has done it in front of me last night and this afternoon). She has also had some time sleeping on my knee, which she likes, but I have to initiate, and she only seems to settle in teh cat room, so she is going to hate it when a new foster comes.
Please spay your cat

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #234 on: June 01, 2008, 16:54:35 PM »
My Pippa (unsure of age?  :Crazy:) I thought she did'nt like to play and growling was her sport....until I got some feather's from the Purrs shop....Hand on my heart she now has a feather fettish!  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

Re the new food she wolfed down Des, maybe see if you can mix in a quarter of the low protein to disguise....better than alternating cos chance's are she will just want the tasty (but naughty) food!  ;)
« Last Edit: June 01, 2008, 16:58:06 PM by Bazsmum »

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #233 on: June 01, 2008, 16:41:46 PM »
I know!! Zi doesn't play much, but Molly does, and she is also 15. Just a case of finding the right toys for them, not all cats are like Rolo and will play with anythign!!
Please spay your cat

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #232 on: June 01, 2008, 15:51:37 PM »
Too old to play.......?  Amazing.

;)  Good on you Rosie!

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #231 on: June 01, 2008, 10:51:44 AM »
i doubt it, they had had her from a kitten, and as she has been reluctant to take anything here, the only difference is her food (they just fed her normal whiskas, she hasn't had much of that here!!). They were emigrating MM, so all 3 of their cats came to us, but Kelly had the younger two.
Please spay your cat

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #230 on: June 01, 2008, 10:48:21 AM »
Maybe she didn't feel well and happy enough to play at her previous home?  Why did they rehome her Des?

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #229 on: June 01, 2008, 10:30:01 AM »
Thanks - I got her some new food yesterday, and she has wolfed it - I just hope it doesn't affect her tum. Protein content isn't good, so I might have to alternate it for her. I know, I can't believe she loves to play when her owners said she didn't, poor Rosie. AT least she is getting the chance to play now though.

Will do.
Please spay your cat

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #228 on: June 01, 2008, 05:32:31 AM »
Im so glad Rosie is enjoying herself Des.....she certainly sounds like she is having some good quality time...Its a shame her owner's never knew she liked to play....there is one thing to own a cat but to care for there all round need's is another!  ;)

Please give Rosie a hug from me and mine!  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #227 on: May 31, 2008, 19:31:09 PM »
Bless her it is so lovely that she is enjoying life and the toys and sun.  She is making her own choice I suppose Des and as long as she is happy,  Long may the sun shine on little Rosie cat

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #226 on: May 31, 2008, 19:17:50 PM »
It is probably the one thing that will make her feel the best, although the thing that warms my heart most is watching her play, especially as her owners comment about playing was 'she doesn't play, she is too old'. I did say 'must go and tell that to my 15yo, who loves to play', but did think it was rather sad. Must send her owner a pic of her playing in the sun. I did wonder the other day whether i was doing the right thing keeping her going, but watching her playing last night and this morning, and going out makes me realise that she still has a good enough quality of life, even if she does seem determined to shun anything that will help take the strain off her kidneys, so how long she has is debatable. Am just glad she sees the Seraquin as treats so doesn't object to those!! I might just keep her on 2 tabs a day even after the initial 6 weeks. She has even enjoyed being hoovered again tonight, no idea why she likes it, but she does seem to.
Please spay your cat

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #225 on: May 31, 2008, 19:08:16 PM »
plus she has been pottering outside in the warm weather.

That to me is the best therapy of all.  Bless her heart  :Luv:
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #224 on: May 31, 2008, 18:54:54 PM »
Yeah, she is still being picky with Senior, but will happily eat other foods, and is playing l (she got another new toy today, it was only a 30p ball, but she loves it!!), plus she has been pottering outside in the warm weather.
Please spay your cat

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #223 on: May 29, 2008, 23:45:45 PM »
Sounds like she just fancied a change (or has you wrapped round her little paw Des!)  Bless her

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #222 on: May 29, 2008, 19:21:35 PM »
Tab, you might want to try Seraquin instead, they do go down well here, and Rolo liked them too (wanted to see if they really were chewable tabs - he only has two teeth, and loved it!!). VetUK only charge £7.79 for 60 tabs (the downside is their minimum order is £9!!).  I might try those trays for Molly, she is wonderful at making a mess despite a covered tray, and does manage to hit the seam!!
Please spay your cat

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
« Reply #221 on: May 29, 2008, 19:15:40 PM »
Im glad shes doing ok. Mogs was given synoquin as glucosomine but the capsules are huge so we've kind of given up. Mogs hasnt crouched to wee for years. She prefers to stand so I now have covered trays. I got the ones from PAH with a high base as she managed to aim directly at the seam so when you opened the tray it was yucky  :sick:
love
Tab

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #220 on: May 29, 2008, 19:07:55 PM »
She is still eating well, so will give her a day or so on adult food before giving her some more senior food. She is currently enjoying food in gravy, which I have never let her have (am glad, cos no one else in the house likes it!!), no signs of it not agreeing with her yet either.
Please spay your cat

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #219 on: May 29, 2008, 18:58:52 PM »
Blip is exactly the same.  She will frequently turn her little nose up at a variety that she ate with gusto (I love that expression, too) two days before  :)
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #218 on: May 29, 2008, 08:44:24 AM »
I know.  Paddy sometimes drives me to despair, rejecting foods he liked one week and not the next, and I try and mix them up to give him variety.

Last night, he wanted some rather sweaty smoked salmon pate from the leftovers of my lunchbox, which I was about to throw out.  It was consumed with gusto!  :innocent:

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #217 on: May 29, 2008, 08:11:17 AM »
Yeah, and I am even more pleased now that she is eating more, it must have just been the Senior food she was fed up of, despite buying her different flavours.
Please spay your cat

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #216 on: May 29, 2008, 08:02:28 AM »
That's great Desley.  Am pleased she's playful, bless her.  I always take that as a good sign.

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #215 on: May 29, 2008, 07:56:25 AM »
Thanks - I was doing some reading on steroids last night, and am even more reluctant to use them than I Was before, so I suppose it depends on the vet now - I missed her call yesterday. She is eating better now I have put her back on adult food, it just means she will start gulping more again. STill playful and bright, she even went outside last night (first time of her own accord when it hasn't been sunny), and I have convinced her to sleep in front of the radiator again.
Please spay your cat

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #214 on: May 29, 2008, 07:50:04 AM »
sending a sneaky little cuddle for Rosie from Paddy.  :hug:

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #213 on: May 28, 2008, 08:11:26 AM »
I actually watched her wee last night, and she isn't crouching at all, I Wasn't convinced she had weed till I smelt it, the vet is supposed to be ringing me at 3. She has overshot the tray overnight, and despite being bright and playful, she hasn't eaten much (but maybe she just doesn't like Felix Senior anymore). I gave her some HiLife tuna last night, she wolfed the first half a pouch, but hadn't finished the second overnight, but has eaten some dry. I Found a magnetic arthritis collar that a friend sent for Tiger, so I have put that on her (she came wearing a collar), so maybe that will help a bit, and she loves Seraquin.
Please spay your cat

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
  • SwampMax happy on their sunny French balcon 05!
« Reply #212 on: May 26, 2008, 16:47:53 PM »
all sounds good! Hope you can avoid the steroid jab. Some sun would be just the ticket for some of us 2 leggeds too  :)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #211 on: May 26, 2008, 15:06:35 PM »
Aye - she has been downstairs again, pinched a bit of Moses's food, so will have to keep an eye on her tray (she loves supermeat, but it doesn't agree with her!!), but did have a play on the stairs. I just wish it was sunny here so I could take her outside.
Please spay your cat

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #210 on: May 26, 2008, 12:38:15 PM »
obviously another good day today.

Sounds good  ;D

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #209 on: May 26, 2008, 11:51:25 AM »
I am pleased - heard a bit of spitting 10 mins ago, so went to investigate, it was my neighbours cat (he keeps sneaking in!!), so she followed me down the stairs to shut the door, and I have heard a bell tinkling from the bathroom which means she has played with her catnip mousey, so obviously another good day today.
Please spay your cat

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #208 on: May 26, 2008, 11:44:09 AM »
Lovely to hear Rosie is enjoying herself and her food.  Let's hope she continues and doesn't need the steroid.  way to go little Rosie girl

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #207 on: May 26, 2008, 11:14:29 AM »
She had a good evening, they had chicken for their tea cos it was Sun, so ate quite a bit, has had 2 wees overnight and no missing of the tray (yay!!), and has eaten a decent amount of food this morning, and still taking her Seraquin, I think she might be upset when she goes down to one tablet a day!! I also had her playing with her new toys last night. IF she stays like this all week, I will put off the steroid jab.
Please spay your cat

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #206 on: May 25, 2008, 17:34:01 PM »
I will be looking into it on Sat, and at least she is eating the Seraquin, so hopefully that will help. Rosie is such a funny little girl, I was hoovering the bathroom earlier, and she is the only cat that doesn't run out of the room - she actually let me hoover some of her loose hairs off her!! She has had a bit of a play, but is looking for food and not liking what I have put down. Fortunately it is Sun, so they are all on chicken (what kind depends on what cat!!), and I know she likes that, so she will eat lots of that.
Please spay your cat

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #205 on: May 25, 2008, 15:41:06 PM »
Maybe steroid's would be okay in the very short term....and if it helps bridge the pain gap then definitely worth a thought!  ;)

:hug: :hug: :hug: to you both!  :Luv:

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #204 on: May 25, 2008, 11:32:23 AM »
Dragan used to have a steroid injection every three months.  I know it has side effects but it really did help perk him up.  See how she goes

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #203 on: May 25, 2008, 10:32:34 AM »
I wonder if she is just standing in the wrong part of the tray - it is a large tray, I did look at the extra jumbo ones in PAH, but it wont fit in the space next to the loo, and I dont want to move the tray in case that upsets her more. She is still being picky wiht her food today, bless her, but took her Seraquin. I am tempted to book her in for next Sat for an anabolic steroid jab just to tide her over until the Seraquin has had chance to get in her system, but I am reluctant to go down the steroid route.
Please spay your cat

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #202 on: May 25, 2008, 07:13:31 AM »
Does she need a bigger tray maybe?  Glad she is taking her supplement bless her.  Hope she enjoys her new toys too

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #201 on: May 25, 2008, 03:07:47 AM »
They dont crouch down as far Des for no. 2s so it still could be her knees being sore!  ;) Glad she is taking the supplement easily and I do hope it has a great effect very soon!  :hug: :hug:

Hope she settles back into her normal eating pattern too!  :Luv:

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #200 on: May 24, 2008, 22:59:41 PM »
Thanks everyone - had a bad couple of days with her, but a bit better today - she tries to use the tray, but misses at least once a day, so i am currently changing the newspaper under the tray more often than the actual litter!! She will happily poo in the tray, but misses with wee's, so I Can't decide if it is her knees or not. She has been a bit off her food, I am hoping she was just fed up of it, so have bought her some different flavours today - had her on adult last night and this morning, but she does gulp more on it, so bought some different senior flavours today. Seraquin arrived yesterday, and as long as I break it into about 3 pieces (they are quite big tabs), she will happily eat them and ask for more - she has to have 2 tabs a day at the moment. She has figured out how to get on the bed, so was on and off 4 times this morning (by which point I gave up and got up - had already got up once to feed them), and I did get her some new toys today as well.
Please spay your cat

Link to CatChat