Author Topic: Becky  (Read 34904 times)

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
Re: Becky
« Reply #81 on: March 27, 2008, 20:03:44 PM »
Becky has been back in the vets this evening  :tired:  I noticed this morning her tummy was quite rounded, and all sorts of things were going through my mind  :-:  Sean's taken a look at her and she is constipated  :-[  I think the fact she was stuffing her face last night might have something to do with it  :sneaky:  He did stick a needle in her tummy just to rule out any fluid being in there, he said this was his first thought and he was dreading it as he does love little Becky, I must admit, it was my first thought as well  :(  She's had a dose of liquid paraffin and if her tummy doesn't go down by tomorrow, I've got to pick her an enema up from the other surgery as the one I used tonight were out of them.

I've mentioned to him about raw feeding and he wasn't happy with it  :tired:  He said main concerns are Salmonella etc and obviously if Becky succumbed to something like that, she may not survive.  He wants me to try and cut her wet food out altogether which would mean the others doing without, and then introducing stuff back gradually.  If this doesn't work, try her on James Wellbeloved and seeing if that makes a difference and reintroducing the wet back gradually  :tired:  I'm hoping when she's spayed, her problems will go, and food can remain as it is.  I'm a bit gutted about the raw feeding, they all love it  :sneaky:
« Last Edit: March 27, 2008, 20:19:19 PM by Dawn (DiddyDawn) »

Offline Felix (Caroline)

• Hero Cat
  • Simba
« Reply #80 on: March 27, 2008, 15:09:30 PM »
Oh no  :'( so sorry for you :Luv:
Caroline xx

Offline gibraltarcat

• Senior Cat
« Reply #79 on: March 27, 2008, 10:48:39 AM »
Poor you!

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #78 on: March 27, 2008, 10:45:25 AM »
Oh poor you , now you have to worry for another 5 days. :hug: :hug:

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #77 on: March 27, 2008, 10:27:36 AM »
oh no

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #76 on: March 27, 2008, 10:21:21 AM »
I really don't think Becky's spay is meant to be  :tired: after starving her last night, spending the night worrying about her, James gave them all some food at 4am this morning so the appointment had to be cancelled  :tired:  She is now booked in for Tuesday  :shify:

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #75 on: March 26, 2008, 22:14:51 PM »
Good luck from me too.

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #74 on: March 26, 2008, 21:55:01 PM »
Just to wish Becky good luck for tomorrow, hope every thing goes really well for her . :hug: :hug:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #73 on: March 26, 2008, 18:23:35 PM »
Lots of love to you both and hoping that everything goes well on Thursday  :Luv:

Thanks  :hug:

Dawn, thinking of you worrying about Becky :hug:

Thanks hun  :hug: I know I'm going to end up crying leaving her there  :-[  Onto nicer things, the raw chicken is a massive hit with all of mine it seems, Becky was snorting and growling as soon as she got her teeth into it  :rofl:  The amount she eats, she should be the size of a tank but I think she's like her mum, small and dainty  :evillaugh:  I'm sure she'll be okay tomorrow, just trying not to think about it too much today, I've had a banging head with worrying about her and with Craig going off to Lichfield on top  :tired:  Cats and kids, who'd have them  ;)
« Last Edit: March 26, 2008, 18:25:27 PM by Dawn (DiddyDawn) »

Offline gibraltarcat

• Senior Cat
« Reply #72 on: March 26, 2008, 18:16:51 PM »
sending lots of purrs to Becky ( and also little black cat ) for their trip to the Vets tomorrow. So hope all goes well for the little darlings :hug: :hug: :Luv:
Dawn, thinking of you worrying about Becky :hug:

Offline Felix (Caroline)

• Hero Cat
  • Simba
« Reply #71 on: March 26, 2008, 12:30:23 PM »
Lots of love to you both and hoping that everything goes well on Thursday  :Luv:
Caroline xx

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #70 on: March 25, 2008, 19:00:28 PM »
I've now ordered Becky's soft claws and they should arrive tomorrow  :scared:  I'm hoping she will be okay with them, the lady from the firm phoned me and she sounded lovely and was so helpful  :)  She said they don't tend to notice them after a few minutes and she wants me to let her know how she gets on with them.  I'm still not confidant about taking her in but fingers crossed she'll be okay, I do love this little girl so much and I feel sick just thinking about it  :(

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #69 on: March 23, 2008, 07:28:09 AM »
Good luck for Thursday, hope they can get to the bottom of it

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #68 on: March 22, 2008, 21:23:38 PM »
Fingers crossed - but isn't getting her hormone levels tested when she is spayed a waste of time?

Nope, I want to get her growth hormones checked as well as a blood profile  ;)  The other reason for doing the bloods even though she's being spayed is, if her hormones are raised, I will know it's likely that is the cause but if they are normal, it's something else causing it so I'll have an idea at the time.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2008, 01:29:36 AM by Dawn (DiddyDawn) »

Online Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #67 on: March 22, 2008, 21:18:20 PM »
Fingers crossed - but isn't getting her hormone levels tested when she is spayed a waste of time?
Please spay your cat

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #66 on: March 22, 2008, 20:54:14 PM »
Glad it's Shaun doing the honours

They've all had their orders and I have stressed I do not want anyone else touching her  :evillaugh:
« Last Edit: March 22, 2008, 20:55:15 PM by Dawn (DiddyDawn) »

Offline gibraltarcat

• Senior Cat
« Reply #65 on: March 22, 2008, 20:52:39 PM »
Will be keeping everyting crossed for Becky on Thursday :luck: Glad it's Shaun doing the honours and it will be great if they can glue instead of stitch. Give her a chin tickle from me :Luv2:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #64 on: March 22, 2008, 20:45:11 PM »
Becky has been back in this evening for a check, Sean's off this week but I wanted her skin looking at again before Thursday before I commit to her being spayed.  The other vet also said her skin is extremely thin and I mentioned I was worried about her being stitched and how her skin responds.  She's suggested stitching and glueing and said they will do a glue test on her first to make sure her skin doesn't react to it, if she does, it can be removed straight away.  I'm also going to have some bloods done on her on Thursday, mainly ones to find out her hormone levels, this will be a lot easier than waiting for her hormone levels to subside and then have to take blood whilst she's awake.  I have insisted that Sean does her spay just in case but the vet was saying whenever she does any, she's usually ask if it's one of mine because she tends to feel under more pressure if it is  :evillaugh:  She will be having Soft Claws put on whilst under so these will help with her scratching anyway but I think she's going to have to wear a buster collar until her spay wound healed, as she'll be the type to rip her stitches out straightaway  :sneaky:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #63 on: March 20, 2008, 12:40:34 PM »
Where's the best place and price for SoftPaws, any ideas?  I think I'll have to get Becky the kitten ones, I think the others will be too big  :tired:  I've just spoke to the receptionists at the vets and she said when I take her in for spaying, I can take the soft paws in as well and hopefully they'll have time to put them on her whilst she's under  :)
« Last Edit: March 20, 2008, 15:16:07 PM by Dawn (DiddyDawn) »

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #62 on: March 20, 2008, 12:22:23 PM »
Dawn, there is a condition that can cause the skin to be so fragile, I Can't remember much more, and I wont get chance to look until tomorrow, but it might be worth askign about. The only suggestion I remember reading is SoftPaws to stop them cutting their skin when they scratch. Think it is pretty rare though.

I think I may get her some softpaws, hopefully these may help.  Sean's off this week but I'll mention to him about the skin condition, none of mine have had run of the mill stuff when it comes to being ill, they have to go that step further  :sneaky:  If you can look it up, that would be great  :hug:

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #61 on: March 20, 2008, 07:47:33 AM »
Dawn, there is a condition that can cause the skin to be so fragile, I Can't remember much more, and I wont get chance to look until tomorrow, but it might be worth askign about. The only suggestion I remember reading is SoftPaws to stop them cutting their skin when they scratch. Think it is pretty rare though.
Please spay your cat

Offline gibraltarcat

• Senior Cat
« Reply #60 on: March 19, 2008, 14:16:31 PM »
Aww, poor babe. It's strange that her skin is so fragile, isn't it. Fingers crossed for next Thursday :hug:
« Last Edit: March 19, 2008, 14:17:30 PM by gibraltarcat »

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #59 on: March 19, 2008, 14:06:55 PM »
poor little Becky - hope the skin issue gets sorted

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #58 on: March 19, 2008, 14:05:20 PM »
Thanks for thinking of her  :hug:  She's still having problems with her skin and I had her rebooked in for Monday but she still wasn't 100% so cancelled again.  She is now booked in for next Thursday  :scared:  I'm still dreading it as she cut herself a couple of weeks ago on her side, and the wound hasn't healed and she's still got her lump and scab from the injection Sean gave her a few weeks ago  :tired:  I'm really not sure how her skin is going to respond but it's something I can't really not have done  :(

Offline gibraltarcat

• Senior Cat
« Reply #57 on: March 19, 2008, 12:25:52 PM »
How is Becky doing, Dawn? Hope her skin is improving. I put this in a post about Zac as hope he is improving too :hug: :hug:

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #56 on: March 07, 2008, 11:47:14 AM »
What a shame.  Hope she feels better soon.

Offline gibraltarcat

• Senior Cat
« Reply #55 on: March 07, 2008, 09:37:24 AM »
Oh dear, hope she feels better soon  :hug:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #54 on: March 07, 2008, 09:31:50 AM »
After all the worry with Becky, she is a snuffly as anything this morning so I've had to cancel her appointment  :tired:  I think today obviously wasn't meant to be.

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #53 on: March 07, 2008, 07:50:33 AM »
Fingers crossed for her today
Please spay your cat

Offline gibraltarcat

• Senior Cat
« Reply #52 on: March 06, 2008, 23:46:49 PM »
Keeping our paws crossed for you Becky

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #51 on: March 06, 2008, 23:40:16 PM »
Wishing all best wishes  :hug:

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #50 on: March 06, 2008, 23:40:13 PM »
Best of luck tomorow Becky,  hope all goes well and your mummy doesn't worry too much

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #49 on: March 06, 2008, 23:25:50 PM »
I've decided Becky will be going in tomorrow so please keep your fingers crossed nothing goes wrong  :wish:  I'm still not 100% happy about it but I can't really keep putting it off  :tired:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #48 on: March 06, 2008, 11:21:50 AM »
Yes you do  :sneaky:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #47 on: March 06, 2008, 10:52:42 AM »
I know I derserve it!!! ;)

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #46 on: March 06, 2008, 10:51:29 AM »
not wanted to teach granny (in the nicest possible way lol) to suck eggs ???

:slap: stop being so cheeky  :evillaugh:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #45 on: March 06, 2008, 10:48:34 AM »
This was one of the thoughts initially.  I was thinking about cutting out all her wet food and seeing if that's makes a difference and then introducing it back in slowly but avoiding the likely trigger factors.  Kara my shepherd my suffers from allergies and Billy can only have certain food so whatever Becky needs to have, it's going to have to suit Billy as well  :tired:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #44 on: March 06, 2008, 10:39:42 AM »
someone I used to work with had a similar thing it was diet related apparently chicken was a big problem, not wanted to teach granny (in the nicest possible way lol) to suck eggs but are food allergies worth investigating???

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #43 on: March 06, 2008, 10:29:49 AM »
could you not have her done on a Mon/Tues to make sure you are about to keep an eye on her Dawn? 

It's trying to fit them in Des, Sean's vets is really busy and I won't chance letting anyone else do her plus I want Benjy doing on the same day.  Normally I would delay but if it's hormonal, I need her sorting because she's going to cause herself some damage if left much longer.  I'll get the kids to watch her and if there's any problems, I'll have to come home.  I normally don't have collars for mine but in Becky's case she'll have to have one I think, hopefully I'm worrying about nothing and she'll be fine.

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #42 on: March 06, 2008, 08:12:43 AM »
could you not have her done on a Mon/Tues to make sure you are about to keep an eye on her Dawn? Molly wasn't keen on bran, so I get high fibre food for her, she has Perfect Fit wet and Asda Tiger Senior (highest two I could find in the supermarket, me and a friend spent ages checking every single tin/pouch in Asda one day!!).
Please spay your cat

Link to CatChat