Author Topic: Becky  (Read 34941 times)

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
Re: Becky
« Reply #241 on: May 13, 2008, 23:11:52 PM »
are they still thinking food allergy, I'd forgotten that she had a skin problem

We're not sure what's causing it but she's back in for bloods soon, in the meantime they are trying to do some research into the possible causes.

Offline Leanne

• Super Cat
  • Milo & Jess
  • Slave to: Jess & Milo
« Reply #240 on: May 13, 2008, 14:34:40 PM »
Awww glad to hear Becky is on the mend hope you get the scratching sorted out  :hug:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #239 on: May 13, 2008, 14:05:53 PM »
are they still thinking food allergy, I'd forgotten that she had a skin problem

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #238 on: May 13, 2008, 14:04:01 PM »
She's a lot better today thanks Dawn, she wasn't too happy at all last night and I had visions of rushing her back in.  The heat won't be doing her much good, she seems to get quite sweaty round her arm pits and under her neck, so this could also be causing her to itch.  Hopefully the cream will get her sorted for now but really we need to sort out the long term problem with her.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #237 on: May 13, 2008, 10:28:38 AM »
how's she doing Dawn, do you think the heat could be bothering her as well?

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #236 on: May 12, 2008, 21:47:41 PM »
That was the silly thing about it, she was purring away in the vets and was acting as if there was no pain  :sneaky:  I'm not sure what the answer is, as she can't wear a collar forever.  I should have got them to put the safe claws on her when she was having her op  :tired:  I was stupid really but didn't want her being under longer than necessary so didn't bother, I think the only thing I can do is attempt to put them on her myself and see how she gets on.

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #235 on: May 12, 2008, 21:44:09 PM »
Oo Ouch! If only they new when they were causing damage......hope she heals quickly!  :hug:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #234 on: May 12, 2008, 21:37:23 PM »
Becky's wound is doing great, no infection and looks fab.  I took her collar off today thinking she would dive straight for the stitches and if that was the case, she was going in to have them removed.  Luckily she didn't but whilst I was out, she scratched her neck and her cheek so bad, she has made them bleed, scratched all the fur off, and made it all wet to the touch  >:(  >:(  All her cheek and neck is now really swollen and she's also done the same to the tops of her front legs and pulled all the fur out of her back ones  :tired:  She's been back to the vets and Siobhan has given her some steroid cream and she will have to wear her collar again for a few days.  She was loathed to give her a steroid jab and tbh, I really didn't want her having one either but we really need to sort this scratching problem out  :sneaky:

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
  • SwampMax happy on their sunny French balcon 05!
« Reply #233 on: May 06, 2008, 18:26:11 PM »
me too  :hug:

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #232 on: May 06, 2008, 17:26:49 PM »
So glad to hear she's doing well  :hug:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #231 on: May 06, 2008, 17:10:46 PM »
I had another sleepless night with her last night and I've got a horrible feeling this is going to last until her collar comes off  :tired:  The main thing is, she's back to eating well and is having a couple of mad half hours here and there  :Luv:  :Luv:  The odd thing thing, her tummy looks to have gone down a little although I've not had a good feel at it yet  :Crazy:  Heidi the vet nurse did say sometimes with an ex lap, even though they don't find anything, things seems to settle down and go back to normal, I'm wondering if this will be the case with Becky  :shify:

Offline madkittyrescue

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Sarah, slave to the 4 legged furball gang!
    • Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
« Reply #230 on: May 06, 2008, 08:53:43 AM »
It was my own stupid fault as being a soft cow, I didn't want to disturb her, Benjy then decided to snuggle up to her as well so I've been exhausted all day  :tired:

a woman after my own heart... lol ;)  you're not alone on that one Dawn, I'm exactly the same especially when they are poorly I won't move to disturb them lol

Really pleased to hear she is doing much better though and hope you're taking care of yourself too :hug:
Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
Covering Fife, Edinburgh & Lothians

http://www.sunnyharbour.org.uk

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #229 on: May 06, 2008, 08:30:25 AM »
great news!  hope you can sleep now Dawn!

Offline Roz

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #228 on: May 06, 2008, 00:10:55 AM »
 :evillaugh: :evillaugh: :evillaugh: :evillaugh: :evillaugh:

Ditto what Mark said....

Lots of love to ya both and an extra hug for Becky  :hug:

Roz
You may think that what you do is insignificant, but it's important that you do it.  (Gandhi)

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #227 on: May 05, 2008, 22:40:49 PM »
You love it really Dawn  :)  :hug:

Glad she's feeling better  ;D

Have an early night  :hug:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #226 on: May 05, 2008, 22:09:43 PM »
Becky is improving by the day, in fact she's nearly back to her old self  :Luv:  :Luv:  The little minx kept me awake last night though, she is wanting more cuddles since she had her op and decided to lie across my neck with the plastic collar shoved into my chin all night  :sneaky:  It was my own stupid fault as being a soft cow, I didn't want to disturb her, Benjy then decided to snuggle up to her as well so I've been exhausted all day  :tired:

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
« Reply #225 on: May 05, 2008, 18:19:29 PM »
That is fantastic news - way to go Becky xxx
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner?  :wow:
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #224 on: May 04, 2008, 19:43:26 PM »
WOnderful news.

Offline Kirst

• Moderating Staff
  • Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Beavis , Jerry , Gizmo , Stevie and Fredcat
« Reply #223 on: May 04, 2008, 18:38:06 PM »
Danw , thats great news! BTW dont forget to contact me about those kittens now will you.............. ;)

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #222 on: May 04, 2008, 15:47:09 PM »
It's a big relief I can tell you  :Luv:  :Luv:  She spent the night cuddling up to me last night, she's still wearing her collar and seems to have accepted she's got no choice in the matter  ;)  I had to come home earlier to take Little Louie to the vets and Becky was whinging for England as she wanted some food  :)    Sean thinks she'll be fine but will need regular blood tests and monitoring, on the whole, he's really pleased with her blood results and hopefully she'll have a few more years left in her  :hug:  :hug:

Offline Roz

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #221 on: May 04, 2008, 15:41:22 PM »
That's great news Dawn....I'm writing up my new brochures and keep having a peek to see if there's any news on our little star....

Keep up the good work Becky...my brochures are relying on ya :Luv:

Lots of love

Roz
You may think that what you do is insignificant, but it's important that you do it.  (Gandhi)

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #220 on: May 04, 2008, 15:24:42 PM »
Becky is much improved and seems to be nearly back to her old self  :Luv:  :Luv:  I've just seen Sean and her blood results look to be pretty much okay apart from her liver levels which I knew anyway.  She's going back in for more bloods in a month and she's got to remain on the Doxian tablets.  She's not over keen on the ld Hills so Sean's given me some of the RC Renal food to try her on, he said if she'll eat just some of it, that's better than nothing. 

Offline Kirst

• Moderating Staff
  • Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Beavis , Jerry , Gizmo , Stevie and Fredcat
« Reply #219 on: May 04, 2008, 09:31:20 AM »
Sending loads of hugs and good wishes  , and a little prayer to Becky and to you Dawn. :hug:

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #218 on: May 02, 2008, 21:40:07 PM »
Hope Becky improves

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #217 on: May 02, 2008, 15:35:13 PM »
fingers crossed Dawn, hope I come back to good news on Tuesday

Offline Felix (Caroline)

• Hero Cat
  • Simba
« Reply #216 on: May 02, 2008, 15:02:48 PM »
Lots of love+ :hug: to you and Becky, Dawn xxx
Caroline xx

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #215 on: May 02, 2008, 14:57:43 PM »
I've just left her quiet in the lounge for now, she's sleeping at the moment which I think under the circumstances is the best thing for her and hopefully she'll feel like eating later  :hug:  :hug:

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
  • SwampMax happy on their sunny French balcon 05!
« Reply #214 on: May 02, 2008, 14:31:34 PM »
Glad that Sean found nothing worrying. I'm sure poor wee Becky's feeling like sleeping her troubles off for a few days. Must be very sore. I suppose being stressed makes her breathing problems worse too. Nice quiet day or two and hopefully she'll be feeling a lot better and eating  :hug: and purrs.

Offline Leanne

• Super Cat
  • Milo & Jess
  • Slave to: Jess & Milo
« Reply #213 on: May 02, 2008, 14:13:08 PM »
Poor Becky she has been though it hasn't she  :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline Sabrina (Auferstehen)

• Super Cat
    • Bywater Paws
« Reply #212 on: May 02, 2008, 13:57:45 PM »
Glad Sean's on standby just in case ;)
It took Smoke 2 days to fully recover from her spay,

Most of mine have bounced back after their spays, but Becky's had her insides pulled every which way as well as the spay to deal with.  I'm surprised she's not eaten yet as food is her passion, she's always the first there each time  :tired:  Sean did say earlier that the size of her abdomen is quite small and there seemed to be a lot to pack back into it, so this could also cause her discomfort the fact she's been meddled with.

Give her some extra cuddles the poor girl.

My goddaughter Arwen (she's a birman) had to have a lot more removed when she went in for a spay (I forget the tech specs but she had some genetic problems and a lot of things weren't as they should have been), her parents said she wasn't happy for a day or two but soon recovered and barely stopped eating for a few days.

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #211 on: May 02, 2008, 13:44:45 PM »
It took Smoke 2 days to fully recover from her spay,

Most of mine have bounced back after their spays, but Becky's had her insides pulled every which way as well as the spay to deal with.  I'm surprised she's not eaten yet as food is her passion, she's always the first there each time  :tired:  Sean did say earlier that the size of her abdomen is quite small and there seemed to be a lot to pack back into it, so this could also cause her discomfort the fact she's been meddled with.

You're right to take her in Dawn....and in my experience bengals can be very prone to breathing difficulties.

So I would never hesitate over taking a cat with laboured breathing in and during the daytime if possible when the best vets are around!

So sorry about Dubes  :'(  Becky's breathing isn't brilliant at the best of times, she suffers constant snuffles and every vet visit brings her out worse, so for something simple, she still has to have treatment for her snuffles on top  :tired:  Sean said her breathing wasn't normal today but with her, he would expect it so for me not to worry too much.  I always worry too much anyway but with it being weekend it's an extra worry as I have to work, so the kids will have to keep an eye on her tomorrow and I'll come home to check on her at dinner.  If she gets any worse they'll phone me and I'll just have to come home, I'll just have to make up some crap excuse for the boss as telling him I have to take the cat in won't go down too well  :scared:

Offline Roz

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #210 on: May 02, 2008, 13:26:10 PM »
You're right to take her in Dawn....and in my experience bengals can be very prone to breathing difficulties.  This is how Dubes died.  Nobody seemed to think she was very ill (except me) until she started to hyperventilate and after rushing her into the emergency vet (who proceeded to give her anaesthetic!! tried inducing her, X-rayed her and goodness knows what else!!!!!!!!....still makes me so angry.....why do they always put inexperienced vets on emergency relief?) she died four hours later.  She had been a little off colour for five days and I had been taking her in for treatment and in fact the senior partner had only examined her earlier that evening and didn't find anything very worrying......but within six hours she had started to hyperventilate....and died!

So I would never hesitate over taking a cat with laboured breathing in and during the daytime if possible when the best vets are around!

Sometimes popping a cat into the bathroom where it is moist and/or steamy can help with respiratory problems.

C'mon Becky....we're all thinking about ya...  :catluv:

(Sorry Dawn...hope this post still relevant...been on the phone again while typing it up)

Lots of love

Roz
« Last Edit: May 02, 2008, 13:27:22 PM by Roz »

Offline Sabrina (Auferstehen)

• Super Cat
    • Bywater Paws
« Reply #209 on: May 02, 2008, 13:06:21 PM »

It took Smoke 2 days to fully recover from her spay, she was so dopy and just wanted to be cuddled. Lirael took, well, she recovered instantly (my husband couldn't get the collar thing on her and I had to leave work early to save him).

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #208 on: May 02, 2008, 12:55:18 PM »
I know how quickly bengals can deteriorate (because of Dubes) so if you are worried I would definitely ask Sean if he thinks it would be prudent to admit her for a day or two, so that she can be monitored. 

Becky would get so stressed out, she was as snuffly as anything when I picked her up again yesterday  :(  Sean's on this weekend and if I have any worries about her night or day, I know I can just ring him  :hug:  :hug:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #207 on: May 02, 2008, 12:50:45 PM »
These furbabes have a habit of driving us round the twist but we have to love them  :shocked:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #206 on: May 02, 2008, 12:44:53 PM »
well if you didn't go and it all went wrong you'd never forgive yourself, I took Tilly in once because she had a bit of grass stuck to her tongue!!  £26 and a few funny looks from the vet!
« Last Edit: May 02, 2008, 12:52:03 PM by Dawn F »

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #205 on: May 02, 2008, 12:43:30 PM »
Sean said they all react different and he could understand my concerns about her, he knows I love her to bits and I'd never forgive myself if anything happened to her because I just thought she was reacting normally to her op.  I felt a bit of a clux as I cried all the way to the vets only to find she's in pretty good shape considering  :-[

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #204 on: May 02, 2008, 12:39:58 PM »
glad she is ok, probably a bit sore and grumpy don't blame her!

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #203 on: May 02, 2008, 12:34:45 PM »
Sean's given her a good check over and everything appears to be in order.  Her temp is normal, no fluid build up in her abdomen and her colour looks good.  He said basically she's had a major op and she will be feeling like  :censored:  She has a large incision on her abdomen and this could possibly be giving her some discomfort as well.  He didn't want to give her another pain killer as this will dampen her immune system even more but he's given her another anti imflammoratory jab, an antibiotic jab and also something to open up her airways as her breathing is pretty laboured.  He's told me if she's not eaten by tomorrow to give him a bell and or if I have any other concerns with her.  I'm still worried but feel a little easier about the whole thing  :hug:

Offline Roz

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #202 on: May 02, 2008, 10:52:43 AM »
Sorry Dawn, had to leave my message for a few minutes while typing it up but I can see you're taking Becky into the surgery now so just ignore my message.

Good luck Becky.

Lots of love

Roz

Link to CatChat