Author Topic: Good vibes for Rolo please  (Read 35346 times)

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
Re: Good vibes for Rolo please
« Reply #82 on: January 09, 2008, 08:00:50 AM »
Liz, there are issues iwth that, such as my vet being a lot more expensive than the rescues vet, and with what they have just paid out, money is tight already, so I will probably pay myself. Rescue lady has spoken to the vets, apparently he only had the one tooth that needed to come out!! And that smelly breath is normal in cats. Quite ironic then that I Can see the probs in these teeth and I ain't a vet, nor do I look at a lot of cats teeth, and his breath cleared up after 2 days on Antirobe!! Worryingly, the rescue lady hadnt' heard of antirobe, so I doubt the rescues vet ever use it. And, I think I have figured the teeth issue out, my vet will look at the fact it is an older cat and a charity, and take out as much as they can while they are under (I have had cats go for other things and had teeth taken out cos they check them all - Tiger only went for an x-ray and came back one tooth lighter and with a scale), whereas the rescue's vet obviously dont, I have said I dont think they know what htey are doing dental wise - they also recommended steroids, when Glasgow and Dr Addie tell you not to use them. I need to ring my vets today to get some stronger stuff for his ears, as they are still a problem, the rescue are fine about me pickign it up from mine, not sure how she will like the bills on Sat though, it cost me £32 last week for his consult, abs and eye cream!! And he didn't have an eye prob before his dental, and we have already paid for 2 lots of abs for him. Once we can get his ears sorted, I am going to put him on the rehoming page, and see what response we get, and his dental will be left till either one tooth causes him an issue, or he finds a home, I want to leave it as long as possible between the two anaesthetics if I can. So, need to start thinking of a good way of 'advertising' him.
Please spay your cat

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #81 on: January 08, 2008, 16:00:52 PM »
Des have you thought of doing his teeth and stuff through your own vet and then claiming back the cost from the rescue and asking your nice vet for a discount as its a rescue cat

We used to do this as after Miss gracies speying she ended up with stitches that were in for 2 weeks and her mouth issues I took her to my own vets and she had her dental at our expense but invoice given to rescue stated her name and their rescue details and our discount was usually better than theris and above all I trusted my vets - she had 2 ops with no bloods at 16 within 2 weeks and was fine, she is due a dental this month and as she is now 18 ish we will have an oldie panel done

Try seeing your own vet as you trust them and sound out the rescue most don't have a problem paying back to the fosterers as long as you have an invoice stating all costs and VAT which the rescue then claims back
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #80 on: January 08, 2008, 08:19:16 AM »
I know - and say it is too bad for ab's, yet two days of Antirobe sorted the smell out - unlike the steroid and ab jab they gave him!!
Haven't spoken to the rescue yet, was waiting for someone to ring to see Marmalade yesterday. Will be doing that tonight.
Please spay your cat

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #79 on: January 07, 2008, 17:28:22 PM »
MM, they removed a tooth, although there is a root in that area, so either from the one they removed, or they missed that too!!

Remove a tooth but not scale  :Crazy:
Have they given a reason yet?

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #78 on: January 07, 2008, 07:59:15 AM »
Just means the rescue's vet would have to do it, and they didn't do it right the first time round!!
Please spay your cat

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #77 on: January 06, 2008, 19:13:37 PM »
Might be a good idea, Desley.  At least that way, whoever re-homed him would know it'd be covered, and it saves having to put him under again so soon.   :hug:

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #76 on: January 06, 2008, 18:54:30 PM »
ME too, just need to decide what to do with these other teeth, as while they dont bother him and he can eat, we can't really adopt him out like that, unless we offer to pay when he needs one, as it isn't even 3 weeks since he was last under. MM, they removed a tooth, although there is a root in that area, so either from the one they removed, or they missed that too!!
Please spay your cat

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #75 on: January 06, 2008, 18:15:31 PM »
I know, they didn't even do a scale .

They didnt even scale?! Why was he put under then?   :Crazy: :Crazy:

Im glad the antirobe have helped   ;D

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #74 on: January 06, 2008, 17:41:21 PM »
LOL glad he has improved and now has sweet smelling breath!

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #73 on: January 06, 2008, 11:50:25 AM »
Meant to post yesterday - after just a couple of days on Antirobe, he no longer has smelly breath, he even licked my cheek yesterday and I didn't have to hold my breath!! Just wish the rescues vet had used them two weeks ago!! And, I haven't heard any fighting for ages, the only prob is he stays out for ages, which isn't good when you have things to do!!
Please spay your cat

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #72 on: January 06, 2008, 09:43:51 AM »
How's Rolo doing Desley?

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #71 on: January 03, 2008, 20:52:10 PM »
I know, they didn't even do a scale - and I remembered earlier there is a root left as well, can't remember if that is the tooth they took out or not!! ME too, but that bit isn't up to me.
That is interesting, as it was 100% better after one lot of Fucithalmic.
Please spay your cat

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #70 on: January 03, 2008, 18:47:06 PM »
They ran bloods and everything so i would be really questioning what they got upto, doesnt sound like much!
I would expect some kind of money orientated apology on the rescues behalf if they have no good reason for not doing what was needed.

I notice with Simon when his mouth is bad he gets eye discharge

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #69 on: January 03, 2008, 17:30:00 PM »
I dont understand it either, obviously at the time I went with my vet who I then trusted.  However events after concerning the eating of the string etc left me to question my vet's concern for Dragan hence changed vets to the emergency provider and Dragan's quality of life has improved dramatically.  He is currently flaked out in his little bed/house after charging round on his arthritic legs chasing his Da Bird

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #68 on: January 03, 2008, 14:49:22 PM »
Fortunatley, it is only causing him smelly breath at the mometn, but obviously will be an issue at some point. I dont understand why they wouldtn do them in one go, as he is a senior cat and not good for him to have too many anaesthetics.
Please spay your cat

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #67 on: January 03, 2008, 14:32:32 PM »
It annoyed with my previous vet as obviously Dragan needed the tooth out.  The vet said he didnt want to overdo it!  result was 12 months of severe discomfort, lots of antibiotics and a further anaesthetic when he was 12 months older.

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #66 on: January 03, 2008, 13:32:20 PM »
No idea, the rescue lady is speaking to them today. We also think there is a chance that his funny walk and lack of tail are connected. Maybe his teeth are the reason he was a stray, perhaps his owners didn't want to pay - no one has come forward yet, despite him being here 2 months. Until his health issues are sorted, he can't be put up for rehoming.
Please spay your cat

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #65 on: January 03, 2008, 07:31:55 AM »
I wonder why they didn't do them all when he had his dental?  This is what happened with my cat and he had a year of discomfort until my new vet decided to pull the infected one my previous vet had decided to leave and give him a full clean etc.  His breath stopped smelling immediately

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #64 on: January 02, 2008, 21:40:18 PM »
WEll, I am not very happy tonight, vet checked Rolo for me, and pointed out that he has 4, possibly 5 teeth that need removing, plus plaque on some others, even I could see probs with 3 of them, and I ain't a vet. So, that probably explains why he still has smelly breath after a dental, so she has given me a weeks worth of Antirobe and wouldnt commit to him needing monthly steroid jabs, just another dental. he has had gunky eyes since coming back (can't remember them being like that before), so has to have Fucithalmic in them 3 times a day, and his ears now need daily cleaning rather than the twice weekly the rescues vet told me, and if no better in a week, to have some Canaural. So, still not up for rehoming, and the rescue is speaking to the vets tomorrow to see what he says. I think I would rather pay my own vet out of my own money to get his teeth sorted though.
Please spay your cat

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #63 on: January 02, 2008, 17:17:40 PM »
How;s Rolo today Desley?

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #62 on: January 01, 2008, 15:50:54 PM »
Thanks - he is alternating between walking normally and limping, but it hasn't stopped him going outside (and no fights today!!), jumping and walking upstairs.
Please spay your cat

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #61 on: January 01, 2008, 12:40:07 PM »
Happy 2008 Desley - and Rolo -  :boxer: go, young man, go!  Give it welly!!  :rofl:  :hug:

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #60 on: January 01, 2008, 07:20:29 AM »
Happy New Year Desley and Rolo (behave yourself in 2008 Rolo that is not you Desley!)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #59 on: December 31, 2007, 20:27:44 PM »
Cats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a dogs life they lead us  :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #58 on: December 31, 2007, 20:20:12 PM »
Lol what a little bug*ger!  My one is limping like an old soldier after charging round after his much loved Da Bird!

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #57 on: December 31, 2007, 18:02:19 PM »
WEll, he had no probs getting up the stairs to remind me tea was late, nor running down the stairs cos I left him with the sucky sock!! He might still be walking slightly funny on it, but at least the vet can look at it (as well as his teeth and ears!!) on Wed.
Please spay your cat

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #56 on: December 31, 2007, 15:43:41 PM »
I can't find any bites on him, just wet fur, but he has an app at the vets on Wed anyway, and his jabs don't run out till tomorrow, so hopefully some AB's left in his system if he has.

Well, he didn't win, I just intervened!! He was only protecting his house though, and the cat he fought has been fighting with the neighbours cat and won, so he might think twice after his run in with Rolo!! 
Please spay your cat

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #55 on: December 31, 2007, 15:41:34 PM »
I am sure he will be fine unless he got bitten, Sasa was bitten somewhere on a back leg before Christams.

I bet he is feeling all proud cos he won  ;D ;D

Offline Ralph's mum (angie)

• Super Cat
  • Rainbow Bridge Babies Bob, Max and Ralph 🌈💔
  • Slave to: Harvey and Ruby the mutts!!
« Reply #54 on: December 31, 2007, 15:18:19 PM »
maybe hes a little shoock up although he prob got beter of the other cat  :hug:
Cats don't come when they are called,
They take a message and get back to you later.
                           Wilfred P. Lampton

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #53 on: December 31, 2007, 15:03:25 PM »
Am sure he will be, it was a nasty fight with the other cat - the other cat was the bigger of the two, but mainly that cats fur on teh floor, not Rolo's!!
Please spay your cat

Offline Ralph's mum (angie)

• Super Cat
  • Rainbow Bridge Babies Bob, Max and Ralph 🌈💔
  • Slave to: Harvey and Ruby the mutts!!
« Reply #52 on: December 31, 2007, 15:01:44 PM »
hope hes ok Delsey  :hug:
Cats don't come when they are called,
They take a message and get back to you later.
                           Wilfred P. Lampton

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #51 on: December 31, 2007, 14:58:30 PM »
Little butter started limping now - he was fine at 1.30 when I played wiht him while my dinner was cooking, but he sounded like he had a furball, so I carried him into the kitchen and noticed he was walking funny. however, he has just eaten, and played with me (I was trying to get him to walk!!), even if he prefers to play lying down, so not sure how much to worry about him, we already have a vet app on Wed.
Please spay your cat

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #50 on: December 31, 2007, 13:48:25 PM »
Yeah!! And he is playing really well.
Please spay your cat

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #49 on: December 31, 2007, 13:43:03 PM »
obviously feeling much better than

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #48 on: December 31, 2007, 12:03:03 PM »
He was naughty this morning, he pooed on the bathroom carpet, despite his tray being clean and Zi's being on the landing (although have just swapped hers for a covered one). And a cat tried to get into the house, so he has had a fight today too.
Please spay your cat

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #47 on: December 30, 2007, 21:26:18 PM »
He sounds just fine

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #46 on: December 30, 2007, 18:51:39 PM »
Picking at his tea - he does seem to have issues with the second half of the tin, maybe I should do something different with it, but I added some hot water and left him eating. He is enjoying me being at home and watchign TV more, everytime I sit down he is sitting on me, and is going to love tomorrow, my sis is coming and sleeping over. He is very good with new people, Angel's owners came the other day to donate some litter and he was straight off the windowsill to see who was there and get a fuss!!
Please spay your cat

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #45 on: December 29, 2007, 18:21:02 PM »
How's Rolo doing Desley?

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #44 on: December 27, 2007, 09:23:35 AM »
Just rang my vets to find out they dont open till tomorrow morning, so fingers crossed they have space then, or he will be going up next week - which might actually be better, cos Tues is when the steroid jab runs out. The more I think about it, the more I wonder about the rescue's vets diagnosis - he has been with us 2 months now, and his dental was the third time someone had looked in his mouth, nothing had been said the other two times.
Please spay your cat

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #43 on: December 27, 2007, 07:20:48 AM »
Good luck

Link to CatChat