Author Topic: Cats!!!!!!!!  (Read 3213 times)

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
Re: Cats!!!!!!!!
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2007, 15:50:23 PM »
Mogs will eat just about anything except high life but Amber is a nightmare. At the moment she will only eat felix poultry, a few months ago it was felix meat, she wont eat other brands and some days wont eat that either. She would rather live on dry but as she has cystitis attacks Im not happy about that. Actually given the choice Amber would live on coley but thats not happening either  :evillaugh:
love
Tab

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2007, 15:20:19 PM »
Mine eat whatever bar fishy kitekat/felix  ;D they have such a variety that they always eat up. I dont free feed biscuits so that keeps them keen.

Offline Team Svartalfheims

• Super Cat
  • Minxy Moo
    • Svartalfheim's Norwegian Forest Cats
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2007, 15:15:47 PM »
I think I must be very lucky with my pair.

Bilbo isn't fussy although he's now decided that he doesn't want the bag of dry food he's got open as he wants the dry food that Boopy has got (which he's not having as he definately doesn't need it lol) Poor boy got a shock when I started taking her dishes of dry away before he came in lol so he's having to eat his own dry food as it's either that or he goes hungry lol. He loves most wet food as long as it's not fishy (he's more of a chicken boy)

Boopy on the other hand is very fussy (but not faddy as she never likes something then changes her mind) and with the exception of Hills Kitten is an RC addict and won't eat any other dry food. I'm still experimenting with individual tins and small boxes of various wet foods to find ones she'll happily eat as she'd never had them before I got her- so far Hills i/d and HiLife Junior are the winners. She loves her cooked fish and roast chicken though (and apparently fried egg!!).

You can visit my cats at http://www.svartalfheim.co.uk 

Offline fluffycloud123

• Distinguished Cat
  • monkey and jaspers mummy xx
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2007, 15:05:39 PM »
monkey is a picky sod! he dont like food in jelly he prefers the gravy and eats the sachets mainly but having 2 kitties thats just not working out financially to have to keep getting sachets so they are both on tins now and fed twice a day with a constant supply of dry

jasper on the other hand is a PIG! she eats anything and everything i dropped a grape on the floor earlier and she wolfed it down :-:

strange eh

Offline Sabrina (Auferstehen)

• Super Cat
    • Bywater Paws
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2007, 14:59:38 PM »
My three aren’t that picky.

Smoke however will eat anything meat based. So you’ve got to be careful with people food and she will beg and cry for ham.

Last night I was opening sardines in tomato sauce to tempt the foster kittens with (they won’t eat out of my fingers yet, though they will come up and sniff) and Lirael would not stop jumping up on the counter to get at it.

It’ll be the same tonight.

Offline Mojo

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2007, 12:08:55 PM »
Mine are usually fine with whatever is put down in front of them (especially mango)

At the moment they are on Go-Cat indoor biscuits, and Felix meat. Both are fine with these and even the biccies get eaten. Chutney occasionally doesn't eat much of the meat, but there has never been an occasion where they have given me that "you expect me to eat THAT???" look.

Mango eats as though its the last meal she will ever eat  :tired:

Add Glitter to Pictures

R.I.P My beautiful Mango xx 13/05/2006 - 01/11/2009

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2007, 10:55:52 AM »
I'm the same, Gwen.  I'm a mean meowmy.  They know that if they don't like what they're given they'll go hungry as I won't take it up and offer something else.  But they do like most things.  If there's something they clearly don't like I won't buy it again (neither of them are keen on the hi life fishy pouches) but I do make them finish what I have in  ;D

Offline Gwen

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2007, 10:49:12 AM »
Recently we have been receiving more donations of one brand (Felix Roasted) than any others because the cats don't like it. Guess what? most of our cats don't wont eat it either.

I baught my cats this yesterday so hope they don't turn their noses up on it as its a 24 pouch box :tired:

But generally my cats are very good with their food and will eat anything or if they don't its there til the bowl if empty which is usually by the next day.  Guess I am a horrible meowmy :shy:
Love me,love my animals.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2007, 10:48:02 AM »
Recently we have been receiving more donations of one brand (Felix Roasted) than any others because the cats don't like it. Guess what? most of our cats don't wont eat it either.

Jaffa will eat it!  ;D

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2007, 10:30:51 AM »
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2007, 10:16:25 AM »
Ditto.......my lot are just the same.....cat food shopping is a mare  :tired:

I think il write to some of the companies asking if there is any chance of making a mouse, fly, moth & bird flavour!  :sneaky:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2007, 09:28:54 AM »
Mine are the exception to the rule too.  Jaffa has never refused anything.  There's been the odd thing he's not keen on but he just eats it slower.  Mosi is good too.  Occasionally he decides something isn't his favourite and walks away before he's finished but I just leave it down (or put it on top of the fridge where Jaffa can't get it) and 5 mins later he's back to finish it off.  Magpie ate anything I gave him too.

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2007, 09:27:38 AM »
I must be well trained as I have just spent the last 1/2 hour ordering small packs of every diet food that zooplus sell to try on Kylie. There would have been a couple more but they are out of stock  :tired: - I don't know if I'm just wasting money here as I'm 99% sure she won't touch any of them :tired:
Almo Nature Holistic Diet -20% Energy Vegetables & Fish
- 400 g   42033.0    £3.30      
    £6.60
    Sanabelle Light
- 400 g   14535.2    £2.20      
    £2.20
    Nutro Choice Complete Care Adult Light
- 300 g   14800.0    £1.99      
    £1.99
    Bozita Adult Sensible Diet & Stomach
- 400 g   42651.0    £2.30      
    £2.30
    Massage Brush Zoom Groom
- approx. 10 cm long   37479.0    £4.99      
    £4.99
    Catch the Light Laser Pointer
Laser pointer   13549.0    £3.90      
    £7.80
    Catch the Light Laser Pointer
Replacement batteries - 3x   13549.2    £0.90      
    £3.60
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2007, 09:07:17 AM »
Well I think the boys are the exception to the rule...  They were on Whiskas kitten when I got them, they switched over to Natures Menu kitten with no problems and more recently I bought Bozita in 5 different flavours (it says it's OK from kitten through to adult) and they wolfed it down.  Have tried them on various different biccies with no problem aswell.

I remember only too well the fad stages with Tiggy though, I think she used to do it as she knew that if she didn't eat what she was offered she would end up with a nice moist chicken breast instead  :innocent:  I have purposely not given the boys chicken or anything like that yet as I know I'm too soft, if they put their minds to it they could end up being fed exclusively on yummy things  :evillaugh:

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2007, 08:57:01 AM »
I think we make a rod for our own backs sometimes by spoiling them. I was watching a 5 week old kitten tucking into dry food with gusto yesterday and it was only Purina kitten. Mine would disown me if I tried to give them Purina or similar. I guess with rescue cats, they eat whats put in front of them but ours always know there is always sometihng else to tempt them if they don't "quite fancy" whats on offer  :tired:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2007, 08:10:51 AM »
These 2 of mine  waste a lot of food with the one minute they like it then next they wont even look at it.

But what a bonus for rescues,  ;D we get loads of food  regularly donated from people who have purchased many tins of their cats favourite food only to find that they have gone  off it.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2007, 07:03:52 AM »
Paddy does the same - one minute he's like "can't get enough of this gorgeous grub" and the next he's "I'm not eating that muck - whatd'you think I am?"  OH started feeding some of it to Tess, who was getting rather porky, so she's had her rations cut back as a result.

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2007, 01:50:02 AM »
Mine are really good, they mainly have Royal Canin, this is left out 24/7 and then they have felix twice a day......because the felix is restricted, they will whinge as if they've never been fed when I open a tin lol but all the dried is eaten as well.  Seeing as they go through 20 kgs a week of the dried, I think I can safely say, they like it  :sneaky:

Offline Annie

• Adult Cat
    • Catster
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2007, 01:22:31 AM »
Mine are the same... They're like "you think I'm eating that rubbish!!"  >:(

They're soo fussy.. I think it's all in the training though, can't let the slave get too used to the cat being grateful, must have a hard time mostly.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2007, 01:13:49 AM »
Thats life !  with a cat  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I used to have a supermarket of cat food for kocka . She would love something so as it was hard to buy, i wouled buy a lot and then within a few days she wasnt having that any more  :Crazy: :Crazy: :Crazy:

Actually still have a lot of food that I bought when Misa and sasa were new and they wouldnt eat it and cant find anywhere to give it too grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, must try and remembe to ask the vets cos we be going there soon!

MBll

Cats!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2007, 00:18:45 AM »
The problem with cats or the difference between dogs & cats is what you put down for dogs they'll take ...cats on the other hand are a bloody nightmare where food is concerned?    These 2 of mine  waste a lot of food with the one minute they like it then next they wont even look at it. :-:   Again a new tin has been opened & in their bowls & they are still sitting waiting to be fed?  :censored:

I might aswell be feeding 4 cats instead of 2 with the amount of food they wont take?

A wee rant :-:

Link to CatChat