Author Topic: Indy *just* escaped serious injury!  (Read 975 times)

Offline Indys Mamma

• Distinguished Cat
Re: Indy *just* escaped serious injury!
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2008, 20:41:05 PM »
well, he succeeded climbing the curtains today...

I think he's feeling better  :Luv:

also eaten 2 felix pouches and a big pile dry food....

Offline tigerbaby

• Super Cat
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2008, 11:14:16 AM »
He also might just be recovering from the actual shock. Keep an eye on him and if you notice anything suspicious then take him to the vet to get a proper examination.

Little hooligans indeed!!
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Catjane

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2008, 09:26:41 AM »
Glad he seems a little better - but it might be worth taking him to the vet just to be sure?

Also, although there are proprietry products for cats on the market that contain tea tree oil, it is actually poisonous to cats (in varying degrees, I understand - some react more than others) so it might be best to use something else (or nothing at all). 

Offline Indys Mamma

• Distinguished Cat
Indy *just* escaped serious injury!
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2008, 09:00:18 AM »
Indy gave me a heart attack last night!

He was playing with his favourite 'Spidey' toy (from Poundland and really good) rolling around and kicking with back feet  etc when he rolled straight into my elderly, grumpy, sleeping spaniel, who woke up with a jump and bit Indy pretty hard, letting go as soon as he was fully awake and knew who he was biting, Indy of course fled and holed up in our home office on my mums chair, hissing and growling and making an awful groaning sound.

My heart was in my throat, convinced he was seriously hurt so I grabbed his carrier and held it near him and he crawled in, not using his left back leg but still not letting me look at it. So I left him in the dark for 5 mins whilst I calmed Max (Spaniel) down as he was going frantic trying to get to Indy, he is normally very paternal and looks after him.

Indy then let me lightly examine him, very wincy/crying if I touched his back/hips/back left leg and he was hobbling if he tried to move so I put him in the dog crate over night... no blood apart from a tiny nick on his paw which I dabbed with an animal tea tree cream. I figure no blood and he had calmed down pretty quick, could wait til morning to see if vets trip was needed.

This morning he is stiff and moving carefully but no actual limp, he's moving like an old man instead of a kitten, eating fine and very very affectionate. Him and Max have had a cuddling session and Indy got washed by the dog   :evillaugh: he was *not* amused by doggy kisses.

Overall he seems bruised but fine, he's let me have a good prod and feel all along back, hips and legs without objecting, he's been out for a stroll and for first time *walked* up the stairs instead of only touching 3 steps en-route and now on cage rest whilst I do my chores.

I wonder how long kitten will respect the dog and dog be more tolerant of the kitten? my guess they'll be polite and careful for maybe 2 days?  :innocent:

pets, who'd have em? if they're not wrecking your stuff they are giving you a heart attack, good job I love my hooligans

Link to CatChat